Rumor: Final Fantasy Versus 13 has been renamed Final Fantasy XV, PS4 exclusive

Would be a logical step in all honesty. FF13 and all of it's sequels are...meh. I would rather see FF13 VS be rebranded as FF15 and being on the PS4 would definitely be a system seller. Missing the PS3 audience will hurt overall sales, yes, but considering the work that is going into the game, it will receive far more attention as a PS4 release IMO.

Releasing on PS3 at this point would be stupid, so this is the only real outcome I could see for it now. Pretty easy conjecture and less of a rumor I'd say.

This makes sense.

In a year or two nobody is going to want this game to be released on the PS3 rather than the PS4.

not all that surprising, they will probably salvage what they have and rebuild for PS4. XIII was originally a PS2 game, which is a pretty similar scenario.

i imagine the game will look completely different next time we see it

[quote name='panzerfaust']not all that surprising, they will probably salvage what they have and rebuild for PS4. XIII was originally a PS2 game, which is a pretty similar scenario.

i imagine the game will look completely different next time we see it[/QUOTE]

Really? I never knew that. I wonder what XIII would have looked like on the PS2 (worse, obviously, but still would like to see how SE handled the technical limitations).

I think it would be best to move FF Vs 13 to the PS4 at this point. The PS3 is already getting three FFs (excluding the MMORPG) and I think most people lost interest/forgot about the game by now.

bread's done
Back