Rumor: Metal Gear Solid HD trilogy coming to PS3

It would be really bizarre to have them release the HD bundle the same year they are releasing Snake Eater for the 3DS.... I only want to play it once this year. Now i'm going to have to make a choice.

I wish they would release a PS3 bundle of Portable Ops and Snake Eater Peace Walker.

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']I hated the Matrix style cutscenes in the remake. Made the game too goofy.[/QUOTE]

There are far more goofy things than the matrix like custscenes in the MGS series.

I liked those scenes though. They were fun to watch.

[quote name='nbballard']It would be really bizarre to have them release the HD bundle the same year they are releasing Snake Eater for the 3DS.... I only want to play it once this year. Now i'm going to have to make a choice.

I wish they would release a PS3 bundle of Portable Ops and Snake Eater.[/QUOTE]

Portable ops on PS3 with online would be completely awesome.

How can people not be tired sick of Metal Gear Solid by now? I enjoyed the PS2 games greatly but I am disgusted by the look of anything MGS now. Zone of the Enders, Kojima, Zone of the Enders..

Risings looks cool but since it's based in the MGS world I'm not even sure if I want to sit through more Raiden and melodrama.

I bet they could make a lot more money if they made it a 4 game set: parts 1-3 in HD and part 4 with trophies.

Then again, I can only imagine what kind of crazy shit Kojima will want us to do for trophies.

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']I hated the Matrix style cutscenes in the remake. Made the game too goofy.[/QUOTE]

True that. I hated those cutscenes too. They had some other director make the cut scenes. Some guy who makes japanese horror movies (of which I've never seen). It kind of makes sense why the cutscenes would be all matrixed out. That movie was a pop cultural phenomenon from 99 to 04. I still loved the gameplay though. You wouldn't know Silicon Knights made the game (that MGS remake might have been SK's last great game). It felt just as good as MGS2.

[quote name='Amblix']The only Metal Gear I finished was 3.

Fond memories of my Santa battle.[/QUOTE]
If it makes you happy you beat the best one. MGS3 is my fav. MGS4 was huge let down...it was just boring...The game play wasn't that great, the story went all over the place and was long winded. Also playing as old snake pissed me off.

[quote name='Sk']True that. I hated those cutscenes too. They had some other director make the cut scenes. Some guy who makes japanese horror movies (of which I've never seen). It kind of makes sense why the cutscenes would be all matrixed out. That movie was a pop cultural phenomenon from 99 to 04. I still loved the gameplay though. You wouldn't know Silicon Knights made the game (that MGS remake might have been SK's last great game). It felt just as good as MGS2.[/QUOTE]

I know. Apparently it was Kojima's call to make them that way, from what I understand. The guy who did them initially made them true to the original, and Kojima wanted something with more flair. The gameplay enhancements were definitely great, though.

[quote name='panzerfaust']How can people not be tired sick of Metal Gear Solid by now? I enjoyed the PS2 games greatly but I am disgusted by the look of anything MGS now. Zone of the Enders, Kojima, Zone of the Enders..

Risings looks cool but since it's based in the MGS world I'm not even sure if I want to sit through more Raiden and melodrama.[/QUOTE]

I dont know.. are you a fan of something in particular? Anything? Do you ever really get sick of the games you love? There have been many Metal Gears, but there have been many Marios, Sonics, Zeldas, GTA's... I could go on. Metal gear, like the Zeldas and Marios of the world, never gets old to its fans.

I dont know what games you LOVE, but its like saying to you "how can you not be tired sick of *insert your favorite game here* by now? Im disgusted by the look of it!"

[quote name='Eviltude']I would love to play through Snake Eater again. That was probably my favorite game ever.[/QUOTE]

I loved that game, beat it twice. I was on the way to the third time, hitting all those stupid little frogs, but then I couldn't get the one during the motorcycle scene through the woods. It was so annoying. I just gave up on it eventually.

these HD Collections need to allow you to listen to the music (song by song) in a sound test mode or something. I'm not a big fan of these remakes because I've already beaten these games and still have these games available for play. However, I am tempted to replay the original Metal Gear Solid. (hopefully they will the twin snakes version of the game.

[quote name='Calinks']Well these don't excite me as much because I don't want to be looking at PSone graphics. If the game was remolded or the HD somehow made it look DRASTICALLY better, then I'd get more excited.[/QUOTE]

You won't be looking at PS1 graphics... it's getting remastered in HD, including the audio into lossless format.

I've never played a MGS game, so I'm curious to see more of the series most gamers seem to rave about.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']You won't be looking at PS1 graphics... it's getting remastered in HD, including the audio into lossless format.

I've never played a MGS game, so I'm curious to see more of the series most gamers seem to rave about.[/QUOTE]

You could get the whole trilogy for less than $20 now, maybe less as the PS2 games are dirt cheap. The graphics and gameplay in 2 and 3 still hold up pretty well today. The first is a little dated but the storyline is so good its worth playing.

I'm definitely going to buy this if it comes out just as a reason to play them all again.

Hmmm..I already own Twin Snakes, MGS Essential Collection, and a full copy of MGS 3 Subsistence with the bonus disc. Do I really need a 3rd version of MGS, MGS3, and a 2nd of MSG2?

Yes....yes I do.

^Yeah, I'm kind of in the same position. I own Twin Snakes on GCN, MGS 2: Substance on Xbox, and MGS 3: Subsistence on PS2. It would be nice to have them all on one console to go along with my copy of MGS 4.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Hmmm..I already own Twin Snakes, MGS Essential Collection, and a full copy of MGS 3 Subsistence with the bonus disc. Do I really need a 3rd version of MGS, MGS3, and a 2nd of MSG2?

Yes....yes I do.[/QUOTE]
Because they'll be in HD with trophies of course!

This is excellent news, i have been wanting to play these games again. I just hope they don't end up messing up the original and giving people trophies for stupid things like crawling for the first time or changing camo.

[quote name='Mr. 420']This is excellent news, i have been wanting to play these games again. I just hope they don't end up messing up the original and giving people trophies for stupid things like crawling for the first time or changing camo.[/QUOTE]

I actually think they are going to be retarded with the trophies on the complete opposite side of the spectrum. Some stupid shit like: Beat The End using nothing but CQC, or Crawl between Metal Gear REX's legs without getting stepped on.

^Dive roll into 100 enemies or place 100 magazines for enemies.

I'd like to see PSone "Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions" included somehow. Maybe the "Document of Metal Gear Solid 2" as well that came out for the PS2 a long time ago. I remember seeing that wondering if that had different content from MGS 2: Substance.

The packaging better be nice too, im sick of these HD collections and GOTY game cases looking like a magazine ad.

Just put snake on it in a cool pose with a gun, thats all. then on the BACK put eh pictures of the games and information... I also dont want it bogged down by a blue move logo all over the package... Somehow they are bound to incorporate move, with some nonsense extra mini game or something tacked on.

Would love some nice art work, even a slipcover... Im wanting this to be a nice collection. The end all be all MGS trilogy collection.

I am kinda glad we are seeing more HD remakes from 3rd party publishers. In fact I find it odd companies such as Sega (I'd love some Dreamcast HD remakes), Rockstar/2k Games, Capcom (especially given their pleasure in remaking their games), and so on have not remade some of their larger hits into HD collections yet.

Now if this news is true then Konami just needs to make my Silent Hill 1-4 HD Collection as well....

bread's done
Back