Rumour: Sega Revealed Shenmue III at E3 2010 as Playstation 3 Exclusive

[quote name='SynGamer']This would be amazing...

http://rightnreal.com/rumour-sega-revealed-shenmue-iii-at-e3-2010-as-playstation-3-exclusive/[/QUOTE]

I KILL YOU IF THIS IS FAKE.

200px-Yamazaki-k3.jpg

Dont get to exited.
2010 rumour: h ttp://rightnreal.com/rumour-sega-re...n-3-exclusive/
2009 rumour: h ttp://rightnreal.com/rumour-shenmue-iii-at-e3-2009/

Cant post proper link.

You deserve to die. Shenmue 3 is dead, let's face reality. Even if it wasn't, it makes absolutely no sense for Sega to make it PS3 exclusive. It's time to let it go, let it go... or till a more reputable source says something.

Never played any of the Shenmues but this would be fantastic. I'd rather have Yakuza 4 tho (if I had a choice between one or the other).

Yeah, as far as I can remember there is usually a rumor every year right around E3 time. As much as I would love to see it happen, I have to call bullshit on this one.

[quote name='Candystripesdcfc']Dont get to exited.
2010 rumour: h ttp://rightnreal.com/rumour-sega-re...n-3-exclusive/
2009 rumour: h ttp://rightnreal.com/rumour-shenmue-iii-at-e3-2009/

Cant post proper link.[/QUOTE]

I still think they should re-release the first two, via "God of War Collection" style with trophies/achievements.

Think about it. A lot of gamers have heard of it but never played it, and a lot of people are willing to give something a shot for 30 bucks. I'm sure fans would also pick it up just to support the possibility of a third one.

While we are on the topic of cult games that need sequels...

Mr.Suda51 , where is my Killer7 2....errr....Killer8

This has about as much chance as Sega going back to making systems. I have wanted a third Shenmue game for a long time but don't see it coming. At one point the guy that made the game said the third might just be a movie done for the system.

3 days ago it was supposed to be 360 exclusive. i would take any Shenmue 3 rumour with a grain of salt. besides Sega already stated that they would made Shenmue 3 only if Nintendo/MS/Sony completely funded development of the game and that was like a month ago.

1. i doubt they would show Shenmue 3 on E3 2010 if one of the big 3 would actually do this now.
2. Sony is in deep shit and i doubt they would fork money for Shenmue 3 development(especially since they are constantly getting Yakuza games without any moneyhatting and they already moneyhatted Rockstar to make Agent exclusive which is probably still in preproduction). MS is more than likely the one that would fund Shenmue 3 development. they have money for it and Segas classics are lately hitting XBLA left and right.

[quote name='sofik88']3 days ago it was supposed to be 360 exclusive. i would take any Shenmue 3 rumour with a grain of salt. besides Sega already stated that they would made Shenmue 3 only if Nintendo/MS/Sony completely funded development of the game and that was like a month ago.

1. i doubt they would show Shenmue 3 on E3 2010 if one of the big 3 would actually do this now.
2. Sony is in deep shit and i doubt they would fork money for Shenmue 3 development(especially since they are constantly getting Yakuza games without any moneyhatting and they already moneyhatted Rockstar to make Agent exclusive which is probably still in preproduction). MS is more than likely the one that would fund Shenmue 3 development. they have money for it and Segas classics are lately hitting XBLA left and right.[/QUOTE]

Microsoft would NEVER fund Shenmoo 3 after how fantastically it BOMBED on the original Xbox. The Shenmue fans STILL bitch about the cancellation of the US release on Dreamcast that Microsoft did for Mue2. And there's no way it'll sell on the Sexbox. It's dead in Japan, Americans will NOT buy that game on the 360 either. Same with Europe. It'd either have to be on the Wii with the original Dreamcast engine, the PSP, or the Playstation 3.

And I wouldn't count sony out on funding it. They helped for Heavy Rain. And Heavy Rain actually sold over a million and surprised the world with its original sales predictions only being 200k or so.

Agent wasn't moneyhatted. Sony already sank 20 mil on one of the games and still hasn't gotten crap. Rockstar brought the dev team and to get their money back, they had to promise an exclusive to take em.

Hell I'd settle for a Wii remake of either Shenmue I or II with the benefit of WM+ controls.

How epic would the dart throwing, forklift racing, QTEs or kitten petting be?

[quote name='Paco']Microsoft would NEVER fund Shenmoo 3 after how fantastically it BOMBED on the original Xbox. The Shenmue fans STILL bitch about the cancellation of the US release on Dreamcast that Microsoft did for Mue2. And there's no way it'll sell on the Sexbox. It's dead in Japan, Americans will NOT buy that game on the 360 either. Same with Europe. It'd either have to be on the Wii with the original Dreamcast engine, the PSP, or the Playstation 3.[/QUOTE]
upcoming Virtual-On exclusive retail game from SEGA,
Virtual-On exclusive XBLA game from SEGA,
Mistwalker deal,
Tales of Vesperia timed exclusivity,
Memories Off exclusive games,
Strike Witches exclusive games,
exclusive games from Cave,
all titles released by 5pb. Games on consoles are 360 exclusive,
few last Raiden games,
bunch of Idea Factory games,
Ace Combat 6 exclusivity,
Star Ocean 4 timed exclusivity,
Monster Hunter Frontier exclusivity,
new Inafune Natal game,
Idolm@ster series,
Dream C Club,
crapload of visual novel games exclusive to 360,

yeah, MS would NEVER fund development of japanese game.
so americans and european people won't buy the game on 360 but will get it on ps3? lol yeah, right.

Last edited by a moderator:
As much as I'd love to see this, it would be a really bad business decision on Sega's part.

Then again, Sega is practically made of bad business decisions.........

[quote name='sofik88']upcoming Virtual-On exclusive retail game from SEGA,
Virtual-On exclusive XBLA game from SEGA,
Mistwalker deal,
Tales of Vesperia timed exclusivity,
Memories Off exclusive games,
Strike Witches exclusive games,
exclusive games from Cave,
all titles released by 5pb. Games on consoles are 360 exclusive,
few last Raiden games,
bunch of Idea Factory games,
Ace Combat 6 exclusivity,
Star Ocean 4 timed exclusivity,
Monster Hunter Frontier exclusivity,
new Inafune Natal game,
Idolm@ster series,
Dream C Club,
crapload of visual novel games exclusive to 360,

yeah, MS would NEVER fund development of japanese game.
so americans and european people won't buy the game on 360 but will get it on ps3? lol yeah, right.[/QUOTE]

Has any of that stuff made any PROFIT on the 360? Microsoft might pay a bit for exclusivity, but the time and money sink that is ShenMOO and the HUGE cost and huge FAILURE it was on the original Sexbox will make even MICROSOFT wince at it. But Shenmue is that weird case where we have NO idea on what the hell will happen to it.

Sega is honest about intentions though. They were asked if Seaman 2 was coming to US. They flat out said NO STOP ASKING US. Asked if we will have Panzer Dragoon Saga? NO STOP ASKING US. Ask if we will have another streets of rage? NO SHUT UP AND STOP ASKING. Asked about another Shenmue? WE DON"T KNOW MAYBE LEAVE US ALONE LALALALALALALALA.

Something is a cookin with the MUE.

bread's done
Back