- 400+ Quest

- 50 Square Miles of lush terrain to explore and conquer

- Travel using mounts such as Hell Bounds, Horses and Dragons

- 2 to 4 player co-op over Xbox Live with seamless drop in & drop out
without ever interfering with the experience, Mob difficulty & Loot drop
adjust on the fly

Release Date
September 2008

I enjoyed the hell out of the first one for PC....I cant wait for some 2-4 co cop over Xbox Live, this is the closest thing we will get to Diablo III for the time being.

Credit
Sacred.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont think it will reinvent the wheel but it should be fun. I am sucker for these types of games and I cant believe I missed the first one of these after having played even some of the worst Diablo knock offs. I am in Mythos now and loving it so I am sated till this one drops.

Excellent. Between this and Too Human, it looks like my "rare lootz" needs will finally be met.

[quote name='BREVITY']I am in Mythos now and loving it so I am sated till this one drops.[/QUOTE]

How is Mythos? I kept thinking it was going to see some kind of final release, so I missed out on my chance at it.

You can still get in right now. I am liking it so far. A bit basic in many respects but fun and good to play while your listening to an audio book or pod cast.

Looks really good. I enjoyed the first one on PC, it was the best D2 style game at the time. I'll definitely be getting this when it comes out.

Ooh, so this is sort of like Diablo? Does it use randomly generated levels with certain set events like the Diablo games?

added a Trailers to the OP

The Band Blind Guardian is contributing Music to Sacred 2: Fallen Angel as seen in the trailer in the OP

[quote name='Poor2More']Ok guys, Game releases next week[/quote]

Is that official? I've been keeping an eye on this because all the talk about it seems promising.

Edit: I guess it is being released next week, I'm super excited. I'll probably trade some stuff in and pick it up on day one. If anyone else grabs it add my GT and we can quest together. My GT is Nealocus.

[quote name='Nealocus123']Is that official? I've been keeping an eye on this because all the talk about it seems promising.

Edit: I guess it is being released next week, I'm super excited. I'll probably trade some stuff in and pick it up on day one. If anyone else grabs it add my GT and we can quest together. My GT is Nealocus.[/quote]

Will do, Gamestop will have it in store this Tuesday

I was suprised that this game didnt show up in any sales papers this week. Given the extremely limited amount of games in this genre you would think it might sell decent on that fact alone, at least for the PS3. I ordered it for the PS3 from Amazon and hope it arrives by Friday like the site says.

Yea I'm going to keep my eye on this game. It looks interesting but I've been hearing about issues on the PC side and then I get flashbacks of Two Worlds...yuck.

I think I am going to go pick this up in the next hour or so and play it till the Cows come home. I have been reading hands on impressions and it sounds awesome. I love the Hack and slash games.

So If wants to play look me up I will be on.

Unearth4164

I got it after like 3 hours or so, I really like its pretty confusing at first and there is a ton to do but I really like it.

Due to some pretty average reviews (60% from 3 major sources) I'm very hesitant to pick this up. I try to only buy one game a month (if that) at MSRP and I dunno if I'm willing to risk it on this.

I played this last night from 9pm to 4am, its so damn addicting. I also played with three other people online and damn framerate held up very well for what the reviewers would make think. This game will no doubt consume my gaming time for a long time. One thing that I really enjoyed in this game is teleport (click on team mates or way points on the map and bam your their) This game easily gets a 9.5.

I also enjoyed the grave that said "Reserved for all Critics" yes AMEN to that

Feel free to post the install size and performance on HDD versus DVD. It sounds like a lot of the problems could be solved by installing the game to your HDD. Can't wait to get this, just waiting for it to hit $40 or my Goozex copy to ship out (14th in line :whistle2:().

[quote name='SynGamer']Feel free to post the install size and performance on HDD versus DVD. It sounds like a lot of the problems could be solved by installing the game to your HDD. Can't wait to get this, just waiting for it to hit $40 or my Goozex copy to ship out (14th in line :whistle2:().[/QUOTE]

6.5 GB, Installed on HD contains 2 second loadtime, very good framerate

I've been watching this game for a couple weeks now but I think I'm going to wait for it to drop to $40 or so first. I haven't bought too many games at the $60 price tag this generation of gaming and I don't want to start now.

[quote name='steveinneed']I've been watching this game for a couple weeks now but I think I'm going to wait for it to drop to $40 or so first. I haven't bought too many games at the $60 price tag this generation of gaming and I don't want to start now.[/QUOTE]

This game is actually worth the full asking price

[quote name='Logg']I would say that the reviews are wrong. 1 Up just gave it a A-

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3174196&p=4

If you like Hack and Slash or have XBL you can play this game a long long time[/QUOTE]

Tom Chick lost me at the first paragraph

"Action-role-playing games grew up in corridors. Some have wide corridors, and some have randomized corridors, but they're all corridors that lead from a starting town hub to a final boss fight. Sacred 2 doesn't stand for that. You go where you want, for as long as you want, and even when you want."

Sacred 2 disguises its corridors into shrubs; They don't look like wall, but you can't walk through them making them very much like...corridors.

On that note: let me pimp my own review: http://tech-gaming.com/2009/05/09/a-divine-time-sacred-2-review.aspx

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']Tom Chick lost me at the first paragraph

"Action-role-playing games grew up in corridors. Some have wide corridors, and some have randomized corridors, but they're all corridors that lead from a starting town hub to a final boss fight. Sacred 2 doesn't stand for that. You go where you want, for as long as you want, and even when you want."

Sacred 2 disguises its corridors into shrubs; They don't look like wall, but you can't walk through them making them very much like...corridors.

On that note: let me pimp my own review: http://tech-gaming.com/2009/05/09/a-divine-time-sacred-2-review.aspx[/QUOTE]

lol wow thats actually the first review I read for the game a view days ago, it was posted on another fourm, good review, never thought a CAG wrote it

Ah, I see that now. I'm almost level 4, and I'm still fairly confused, but it's getting there. I can see a lot of time invested into this once I figure stuff out.

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']Tom Chick lost me at the first paragraph

On that note: let me pimp my own review: http://tech-gaming.com/2009/05/09/a-divine-time-sacred-2-review.aspx[/QUOTE]

1) Have you still been playing it after you were done with the review?

2) Have you played coop with your wife?

I've got my Amazon copy coming eventually but I'm debating whether or not to pick up a temp copy tonight.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Does this version have blind guardian in it like the pc version does? If so, I am there.[/QUOTE]

Indeed it does, they also have a quest dedicated to them

I am up to level 16 Shadow Warrior, I am taking my time and doing all the side quests. I think its very fun.

Im lvl 21 Shadow warrior, I keep telling myself, just one more quest then time to shut it off for the night.....then it leads to another...then another

I'm getting it in the next week. I ordered Halo Wars for $10 from Microsoft Expert Zone and I'm going to trade it to a friend for Sacred 2 so I'm really excited. I'll add all you guys once I get it. Hopefully your not too ahead as I do not really wanna power level lol.

[quote name='jkanownik']1) Have you still been playing it after you were done with the review?

2) Have you played coop with your wife?

I've got my Amazon copy coming eventually but I'm debating whether or not to pick up a temp copy tonight.[/QUOTE]

1) Yes, with periodic Raiden Fighters Aces Breaks.

2) No, she's playing Tetris DS right now. She's not into the D&D games.

3) Let me know when you get your copy, we'll quest together.

Many...i really need to find some CAGs to give my PayPal for games on my TL. I NEED this game, especially after all the praise you guys keep throwing at it. So far, this is one of the few threads where no one has really said anything bad about the game. Most threads have at least a few negative reviews/impressions, but so far, not the case for this game. :)

It's strange so many people here like it considering that it got quite a few bad reviews by most game review places. I'll definitely have to try it when I get a chance.

bread's done
Back