SACRED 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info - 5/12/09

[quote name='Brak']I removed this game from my Played Games history.[/QUOTE]
GO AWAY :D

I think what pissed me off the most about the reviews is the constant comparison to Diablo...um, hello? That game was made over 10 years ago, therefore, kind of hard to be original when they compare it to something that pretty much was perfect.

[quote name='Wolve11']It's strange so many people here like it considering that it got quite a few bad reviews by most game review places. I'll definitely have to try it when I get a chance.[/QUOTE]
Don't ever trust game review sites...ever.

[quote name='Wolve11']It's strange so many people here like it considering that it got quite a few bad reviews by most game review places. I'll definitely have to try it when I get a chance.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. The reviews are all over the place. I've put this on hold through Goozex. Will be waiting for a bit to play some co-op.

Still waiting for another Baldur's Gate/Champions of Norrath, though.:cry:

I bought it last night, have been waiting for a very long time for this. They need to do some marketing, I completely forgot it was coming out/assumed it was going to be delayed.

[quote name='Poor2More']Indeed it does, they also have a quest dedicated to them[/QUOTE]

badass! Blind Guardian kicks ass.

So it's 4 player co-op over live? Sounds awesome. Can you do 2 local and 2 on live?

bah, had mine 2 days now and havent had a free moment to play. stupid rl

what classes you all recommend? cant wait to get a little pt in this weekend

the Shadow Warrior and Seraphim are the best beginner classes according to the manual. The former is a mostly pure melee fighter, while the Seraphim is a melee fighter with some magic thrown in.

When I play these types of games with my bro-in-law, we like to have a ranged character (magic or arrows) and a brawler, or some such combo.

Didn't even know about this game till yesterday when I started looking for any upcoming online co-ops.

quick question, does advancing in single player quests have any effect in co-op? As in are there separate main/side quests between single and co-op? Any more info would be great. Just looking for another online co-op type game for me and some of my friends.

I was wondering the same, I just got it (haven't had a chance to start it, probably when I get home tonight I will). Can I play through the main quest/story with friends? Or is that reserved for solo time?

Also -- I'd love to have a group to play with tonight, preferably people just starting like me or with a new character (don't want to be spoiled by power leveling or anything if it works like that in this game!). So if you want to play and need another teammate let me know! :]

Got the game from Gamefly and played for about 20 minutes.

It kind of stinks not having a booklet though.

How can I tell the difference between the quests on my map?

Look at your quests and look at the name. then look at your map and the little circles are your quests, scroll over them to see what name it says.

Sean, I warned you about this game!!!
shoop.gif

The game is quite awesome. Just takes some time to get used to.

And no ,the original quest doesn't differentiate itself. Only on the Quest menu, it'll have class quests or something like that on a different tab as the others, and that's your main one.

So it seems fellow-CAGS are really enjoying this game.... i am def interested in picking it up for the ps3. Has anyone come across instances where the game fully crashes? It seems like diablo clones are famous for this, ie: titan quest!

Any slow-down to speak of that hinders how fun it is?

No crashes, only sometimes it takes like 1-3 seconds to load here and there, but only in big towns in some places as far as I saw so far. I haven't even installed it to my HD, so that would probably help it x2. It's not enough to ruin anything.

The game is really confusing to me.

How do I level up combat arts? Should I only be focusing on certain types of combat arts? (I'm a shadow warrior, any advice would help).

I also don't really know how relics work. And I found a pearl that can be placed in grey weapon slot, but I don't know how to get it in there.

Lastly, what are the combinations at the bottom of the Combat Arts screen.

I'm only an hour in and I feel pretty lost :/

I only have about 6 hours in myself, and I was lost for most of it, but little by little things started making sense. You just have to trial and error and keep on going. Thing become more clear the more you play and makes it that much better. I'm not really sure of the answers to those questions myself, I haven't even scratched the surface of the game.

I'm digging the game so far. It's been awhile since I've played anything like this on a console, maybe not since MUA? A little more depth here of course. it's definitely a game you can easily lose track of time with, which is good and bad.

So I'm assuming if you're worshiping Ker and you summon a demon there's no way to dismiss it? Otherwise, having it chase me around did get me to explore more of the map, just not willingly :shock:

Ok I'm starting to understand more.

You should apparently only focus on one combat art (so you can become a master in it). However, you shouldn't focus on it early, as the regen time will hold you back.

So right now with my shadow warrior I'm focusing on physical sword attacks.

I think later down the line I might focus on summoning a little too.

[quote name='seanr1221']

How do I level up combat arts? Should I only be focusing on certain types of combat arts? (I'm a shadow warrior, any advice would help). [/QUOTE]

You level them up by finding more like any drop, you can also swap them at a Combart art master in towns. Putting one point in each is fine, after that its really how you wanna make your toon, longer recharge time the high level but more damage.

[quote name='seanr1221']

I also don't really know how relics work. And I found a pearl that can be placed in grey weapon slot, but I don't know how to get it in there. [/QUOTE]

Relics work like equipment that you equip up to 6 of them they mainly add to your defense and give you some skill points like Riding and a few others there is only 6 total they can add to.

[quote name='seanr1221']

Lastly, what are the combinations at the bottom of the Combat Arts screen. [/QUOTE]

When you go to the combart Arts screen you can create combo's that let you do up to 5 moves at once with one cast. That why you can do some crazy combo's, plus its a achivement.

I love this game I am level 34 right now.

Add my wife and I to the list of people that love this game. She's trying to talk me into calling in sick tomorrow so that we can play all day.

I picked the game up last week, and I just really got started today. It's definitely sweet. I haven't played the online yet. Is that a lot of fun? I just learned how the skills, CA, and mods work. I still have more to learn though.

Wombat got me looking into this game. It seems pretty cool. Is there a lot of people playing in on Live? I haven't found a reason to not buy it on PS3 yet.

[quote name='Jest']Wombat got me looking into this game. It seems pretty cool. Is there a lot of people playing in on Live? I haven't found a reason to not buy it on PS3 yet.[/QUOTE]

I always buy multiplatform games for PS3, but I went 360 on this one, because I think the 360 will have more players online and better servers. Also, being able to install the game helps a lot. The load screens aren't bad, but since the game is just one giant world, it has to pause mid-play often to read the disc and load more data. Installing the game helps out with that significantly.

i really like this game, got a few hours in over the weekend. If anyone wants to play please send me a friend invite and maybe we can work something out

Could one of you guys/gals test the performance of the game on DVD vs. HDD. This sounds like a game that really benefits from being installed, so i'd like to mark it in my performance thread. Just a simple dashboard to title screen, and/or title screen to saved game, or something. Would really appreciate it :)

[quote name='shieryda']Is the framerate as bad as I've heard?[/QUOTE]
I've heard it dips every now and then, but people here on the forums have said installing the game to the HDD pretty much fixes any framerate and loading issues.

So i know that any game can be installed to 360 HDD, which would help out on the loading issues.... does the game have an option within the menu's to install on ps3?

I only have ps3, so if i purchase this game that will be the system i get if for.

[quote name='shieryda']Indeed. The reviews are all over the place. I've put this on hold through Goozex. Will be waiting for a bit to play some co-op.

Still waiting for another Baldur's Gate/Champions of Norrath, though.:cry:[/QUOTE]

You must be my peeps. Those games are my favorites. I just ordered Sacred 2 from gogamer for $50 5 minutes ago.

The metacritic score is over 70 (75 right now), which I think is a pretty strong showing for a game that does nothing new, and doesn't even try to be the best. It's a hack n' slash grind, and it's what I've been waiting for. I hope. I hope it meets some success as well.

I am friends with one of the guys on the dev team (in Germany), and I heard they are working on bug fix updates. I don't really know what will make release or not (if anything), but it's nice to hear that even though the company is in bankruptcy proceedings, that they are trying to support the game.

It's too bad they don't have a demo. It could rope in a few players who are uncertain about the title.

[quote name='ianoid']You must be my peeps. Those games are my favorites. I just ordered Sacred 2 from gogamer for $50 5 minutes ago.

The metacritic score is over 70 (75 right now), which I think is a pretty strong showing for a game that does nothing new, and doesn't even try to be the best. It's a hack n' slash grind, and it's what I've been waiting for. I hope. I hope it meets some success as well.

I am friends with one of the guys on the dev team (in Germany), and I heard they are working on bug fix updates. I don't really know what will make release or not (if anything), but it's nice to hear that even though the company is in bankruptcy proceedings, that they are trying to support the game.

It's too bad they don't have a demo. It could rope in a few players who are uncertain about the title.[/QUOTE]

I think you'll find that you'll be pleasantly surprised. I played Diablo extensively and Champions of Norrath a lot as well, and I find that this fits somewhere in between those two. The best way I can describe it is an impressive blend of the two with a very engaging, sophisticated, and enjoyable skill system.

Bought it about 15 minutes ago and I'm super excited to start it up. Plus the Gamestop employee gave me the exclusive edition which gives you the free carrier imp.

[quote name='Nealocus123']Bought it about 15 minutes ago and I'm super excited to start it up. Plus the Gamestop employee gave me the exclusive edition which gives you the free carrier imp.[/QUOTE]

The code won't work when you enter it, but don't throw it away. They're fixing that in the patch coming out soon.

[quote name='btw1217']The code won't work when you enter it, but don't throw it away. They're fixing that in the patch coming out soon.[/QUOTE]

Yeah just read a couple of articles on it. That seems pretty weird, never would have thought a DLC code wouldn't work. No big deal.

I just watched the opening cinematic and it was awesome, I haven't been this excited for a game in awhile.

The frame rate can not be as bad as Two Worlds, and I ended up loving that game...count me in

I don't understand what the frame rate issues in this game are. Granted I have only put in about an hour or two and have yet to experience any battles of epic proportion, but I still have had absolutely no lag on the Xbox 360 side.

Also, I don't understand why people are bad mouthing the graphics, they look great to me. I would even put them above average, especially for this type of game.

Frame rate issues do exist, but it isnt that bad. I play a High Elf fire dealio, its a lot of fun gathering up a crap load of bad guys and just incinerating them all. Its like AOE farming from WoW all over again.

[quote name='TrenoV'] I play a High Elf fire dealio, its a lot of fun gathering up a crap load of bad guys and just incinerating them all.[/QUOTE]

Sweet.

And foxdvd, I fucking love your avatar picture.:applause:

Here's my opinion on the game for those on the fence.

Sacred 2 isn't the most technically sound game ever made, but it's a lot of fun, especially if you enjoy dungeon crawlers like Diablo 2 or Champions of Norrath. If nothing else, it'll tide you over until Diablo 3 comes out :)

bread's done
Back