SACRED 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info - 5/12/09

I am level 39, and I have a level 38 Seraphim Set Item if anyone has any Set Items for the Shadow Warrior and level 40.

OVerall, it seems CAG-ers like this game..... my buddy just said he had no problems all week and is attempting to talk me into purchasing so we can rock out some co-op
.... then it crashed on him 3 times in one day. Anyone else having issues with the game crashing?

Ill be getting this for my birthday from the mater on May31st and fellow CAG will also be getting it.

Feel free to add me on XBL to play this or anything else I have...

I'm a level 5 Shadow Warrior and I'm just now figuring everything out. I've combined the jump skill along with one of the hard attacks and it seems to do awesome in combat. Also I'm using the warrior stamina buff. I do have a question though. There are 15 skills, so should I just learn every single rune I find that's related to my class? The whole rune system is the one part I am confused about.

[quote name='Nealocus123']I'm a level 5 Shadow Warrior and I'm just now figuring everything out. I've combined the jump skill along with one of the hard attacks and it seems to do awesome in combat. Also I'm using the warrior stamina buff. I do have a question though. There are 15 skills, so should I just learn every single rune I find that's related to my class? The whole rune system is the one part I am confused about.[/QUOTE]

The more runes you "eat", the longer the recast time of your abilities, so it's best to pick a few (maybe 8 or so different Combat Arts) and improve on those while keeping the regeneration time reasonable. You want to keep your recast times and regeneration % low.

[quote name='btw1217']The more runes you "eat", the longer the recast time of your abilities, so it's best to pick a few (maybe 8 or so different Combat Arts) and improve on those while keeping the regeneration time reasonable. You want to keep your recast times and regeneration % low.[/QUOTE]

That makes sense. Is there anyway that I could delete a rune I already "ate"? Luckily I took all the ones I was interested in except I have two buffs, one of which I could go without. If not no big deal I guess, but I'm guessing there has to be a way.

[quote name='Nealocus123']That makes sense. Is there anyway that I could delete a rune I already "ate"? Luckily I took all the ones I was interested in except I have two buffs, one of which I could go without. If not no big deal I guess, but I'm guessing there has to be a way.[/QUOTE]

Nah, once you consume a rune, it's permanent. I wouldn't worry too much about it though. One rune won't kill you. Also, you can (and probably will) create additional characters, so don't be too worried about using your first character as a learner.

man i want this game but im waiting till one of the gs by me get a used copy in. i dont buy new games anymore, they lose their value too fast.

I want it! I played a ton of the first sacred on the pc.... but my pc is no longer game-capable. Need to burn through my back-log first though, then grab Sacred 2 for ps3 at a cheaper price.

If you want it go get it, if I waited to play thru my backlog of games 1st I wouldnt get to this for years and I'd be just starting my ps2 library :)

Today the price on Gogamer just went down to $42, from $50. I didn't need that $8 anyway. Hopefully the game will arrive today or tomorrow.

I'm not that picky with collision/framerate issues. I did like Fable 2, after all. My dog walks through me. Corruption and crashing I would consider serious.

[quote name='ianoid']Today the price on Gogamer just went down to $42, from $50. I didn't need that $8 anyway. Hopefully the game will arrive today or tomorrow.

I'm not that picky with collision/framerate issues. I did like Fable 2, after all. My dog walks through me. Corruption and crashing I would consider serious.[/QUOTE]

You don't need to worry about that stuff too much. I still haven't had a problem after 4hrs of playtime. Besides they have announced an update in the near future addressing said issues as well as some other fixes.

Looking to play with someone, I haven't tried it much but I have to write a review for it and I'd like to have some company while I play through it a bit. I think I'll enjoy it better that way, but I don't know anyone who has it. :3

GT = la tigresa xx

DUDES! Has anyone ran across the quest 'Blind Guardian'? It's involving the metal band that sings the theme and it is probably the best quest I have ever played on an RPG. The quest itself is very simple, but still fun and creative. Basically you go around with the lead singer and help him find his and his bands instruments that were stolen by skeletons.

I don't know how to make spoiler tags so if someone can inform me I'll let you know how the quest ends and what the rewards are, which is the best part.

Saw this review for Sacred 2. Was thinking about getting it since I love hack and slash but I'm still on the fence. Is it worth it?

http://www.xboxist.com/xbox-360/games/sacred-2-fallen-angel-review-010332.php

"Sacred 2 is a superior port of the PC version that was released last year due to a streamlined interface that keeps the capabilities of a console controller in mind. Technical shortcomings coupled with the repetitive combat and quests endemic to the genre hinder the game from achieving absolute greatness... For genre veterans and devotees, Sacred 2 is a competent and addictive addition for the game collection."

I ask again... You people who own the game, please answer.

Can 2 people in a split-screen game join an online game?

Yes, two people on the same console can connect with two other Live players. 2nd player can play as a guest or load their own account.

So, is it beneficial to consume runes if I already learned the specific combat art? I'm accumulating a lot of runes and I might as well trade them in unless there's an actual difference between the amount you memorize.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='prot0type']So, is it beneficial to consume runes if I already learned the specific combat art? I'm accumulating a lot of runes and I might as well trade them in unless there's an actual difference between the amount you memorize.[/QUOTE]

I didn't think of this before but since the game has already been released on PC there should be a ton of guides out there for runes, blacksmithing, etc. I'll check some out and try to find an answer for you.

Nice, I'll use that wiki for sure.

I had this quest where I had to go into the Gladiator arena and kill some bad guys. Eventually it led to me freeing the slave gladiators, but when they asked me to take them home there is no updated marker on my map. I know there are like 500 quests but if anyone figures this one out or has already completed it let me know. Thanks.

Have you tried going into the quest log and activating it(the marker)? Otherwise, try activating another quest then see if you can activate the gladiator/slave quest.

[quote name='Nealocus123']DUDES! Has anyone ran across the quest 'Blind Guardian'? It's involving the metal band that sings the theme and it is probably the best quest I have ever played on an RPG. The quest itself is very simple, but still fun and creative. Basically you go around with the lead singer and help him find his and his bands instruments that were stolen by skeletons.

I don't know how to make spoiler tags so if someone can inform me I'll let you know how the quest ends and what the rewards are, which is the best part.[/QUOTE]

I am a big bg fan, that's the main reason I want to get this game.

[quote name='prot0type']Have you tried going into the quest log and activating it(the marker)? Otherwise, try activating another quest then see if you can activate the gladiator/slave quest.[/QUOTE]

I just restarted the game and it updated fine. Now as I progress through the story I'm starting to experience little quest bugs here and there, however no where near the amount that makes it frustrating. Hell any game with over 500 quests is okay to have a few bugs every once in awhile

You guys seem to have a lot of passion for this game, and I am going to pick it up because it looks like a blast, but man this game has had some wild reviews. IGN and Gametrailers seem to hate it. As I posted in another thread you almost always have to add 1 or 2 points to reviews when it comes to any sort of RPG game (Final Fantasy 2 [or 4 outside the US] got a 7 out of 10 from one of the EGM reviewers when it came out) But a 5 out of 10 from gametrailers?

I dunno, I'll check out Gametrailers and see what they think. I mean, I like it because I've been trying my hardest to find a Gauntlet / Diablo / Titan Quest game for console and this just totally hits the spot. With some interesting character classes and some insanely cool looking armor this game just works. Plus it's something I can see myself playing for a long...long time.

It's not without it's flaws though. I mean you can't customize your characters looks wise, there are some loading issues (ONLY when in towns, not when your in the huge world), and a few of the quests can get buggy (but eaisly fixed).

I can't wait to play online but I want to wait untill the patch comes out because as of right now you can't trade with your friends and I've heard of it leading to problems with the collection of quest items.

Edit: After watching Gametrailers review I'm glad to tell you that you have nothing to worry about. I usually trust every review they do EXCEPT this one. I could go through and point out a counter to everyone of their negatives but I'm not going to. The quests do stay true to the guard / find / kill RPG type, but which one doesn't? Audio and video glitches are YMMV as myself and other CAGS have yet to report any.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Nealocus123']I dunno, I'll check out Gametrailers and see what they think. I mean, I like it because I've been trying my hardest to find a Gauntlet / Diablo / Titan Quest game for console and this just totally hits the spot. With some interesting character classes and some insanely cool looking armor this game just works. Plus it's something I can see myself playing for a long...long time.

It's not without it's flaws though. I mean you can't customize your characters looks wise, there are some loading issues (ONLY when in towns, not when your in the huge world), and a few of the quests can get buggy (but eaisly fixed).

I can't wait to play online but I want to wait untill the patch comes out because as of right now you can't trade with your friends and I've heard of it leading to problems with the collection of quest items.

Edit: After watching Gametrailers review I'm glad to tell you that you have nothing to worry about. I usually trust every review they do EXCEPT this one. I could go through and point out a counter to everyone of their negatives but I'm not going to. The quests do stay true to the guard / find / kill RPG type, but which one doesn't? Audio and video glitches are YMMV as myself and other CAGS have yet to report any.[/QUOTE]

Gametrailers gave it a horrible review, 5.3 i believe. Don't go by what they say. Your best bet is to go to Metacritic and check the reviews for the game there. They list all of them, from IGN, to GameSpot, to 1UP.

[quote name='Nealocus123']DUDES! Has anyone ran across the quest 'Blind Guardian'? It's involving the metal band that sings the theme and it is probably the best quest I have ever played on an RPG. The quest itself is very simple, but still fun and creative. Basically you go around with the lead singer and help him find his and his bands instruments that were stolen by skeletons.

I don't know how to make spoiler tags so if someone can inform me I'll let you know how the quest ends and what the rewards are, which is the best part.[/QUOTE]

just got this quest last night, cant wait to get home and play thru it

[quote name='Nealocus123']I dunno, I'll check out Gametrailers and see what they think. I mean, I like it because I've been trying my hardest to find a Gauntlet / Diablo / Titan Quest game for console and this just totally hits the spot. With some interesting character classes and some insanely cool looking armor this game just works. Plus it's something I can see myself playing for a long...long time.

Edit: After watching Gametrailers review I'm glad to tell you that you have nothing to worry about. I usually trust every review they do EXCEPT this one. I could go through and point out a counter to everyone of their negatives but I'm not going to. The quests do stay true to the guard / find / kill RPG type, but which one doesn't? Audio and video glitches are YMMV as myself and other CAGS have yet to report any.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I noticed the user score on gametrailers is over 8, which seems to fit what is being said here. I usually find myself agreeing with gametrailers which is why I paused on this.

Overlord was another game that got mixed reviews, some 9's and some 5's. IGN gave it a 66 out of 100...and I LOVED that game.

[quote name='foxdvd']Overlord was another game that got mixed reviews, some 9's and some 5's. IGN gave it a 66 out of 100...and I LOVED that game.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. Getting excited for the new one.

Indeed, many hours will fly by if you're not careful.

Also, a friendly reminder, remember to save every now and then.

Experienced my first game crash yesterday. All of a sudden I was unable to move, no music, no response from my controller. Had to press the system's power button and restart. Luckily this only happened after I leveled up once so it wasn't an issue to get it back nor did I find anything valuable during that time.

However, had this happened the day before when I leveled up 5 or 6 times, forgetting to save, would definitely not be a happy camper.

I will be playing after this Basketball till about 7:30 a.m. I got a 12er of Rolling Rock so I am good to go. If ANYONE wants to play. I would be more then happy to help anyone get anything done. I have a level 48 Shadow Warrior and I have gold unlocked also. But I would help anyone or play with anyone lower. I would also start new dudes if people want to.

Unearth4164 is my Gamertag just send a message.

One good thing about the bad reviews....it should push down the cost on this game real quick. Should be sub 50 new real fast, with the used market hitting the high 30's soon.

Just got my special mount today, it's pretty badass. Logg, how are you leveling up; quest after quest or are you grinding? Also, how long is the main quest? I just got to the Orc city and I'm level 21, is there much more? And I'm totally down to quest tomorrow after like 5PM PST. What happens with the loot in multiplayer? Is it assigned or if one of us accidently hits LB we get it all and can't trade? I don't wanna accidently ninja shit from people.

This game is great, still have yet to experience any game ruining glitches (knock on wood).

The main quest isnt exactly short. I'd say you're about a little less than halfway there. I started a Seraphim today just to try it out and im in love with her. Think i'll be playing her over my lvl 49 High Elf for awhile, fun stuff.

So me and a friend tried to do co-op but were unable to. Am i missing something?

Tried following the directions in the manual to start a game, but the option to invite the player or even accept a game invite is grayed out, so me or him are unable to choose it.

My guess is a level gap, he's at 18 I'm at 35. Both of our characters are alligned with shadow. So do I need to wait a bit till my friend catches up?

[quote name='tinman_licks']I read here http://www.n4g.com/News-331875.aspx that PS3 version is better than 360. You should go with that one.[/QUOTE]

The PS3 version is better than the 360 now. However there is a patch on the way to fix all the bugs as well as online trading. I would suggest you go with the 360 version as it will have the most people online at any given time. Or with whatever you friends bought if you know anyone that bought it.
http://kotaku.com/5254610/console-sacred-2-could-use-a-little-fixing

[quote name='prot0type']So me and a friend tried to do co-op but were unable to. Am i missing something?

Tried following the directions in the manual to start a game, but the option to invite the player or even accept a game invite is grayed out, so me or him are unable to choose it.

My guess is a level gap, he's at 18 I'm at 35. Both of our characters are alligned with shadow. So do I need to wait a bit till my friend catches up?[/QUOTE]

You have a choice in the beginning of the game that allows you to choose your desired level gap while playing online. If I remember right it's 0, 5, or 10 levels. So even with the max option your still too far ahead of him. Creat a new character for shits and wait till' he catches up.

I have my main at 51 now, another at 15 and another one at 14, which I am trying to beat without dying, buying stuff or Exploring the map. I do a lot of quest I got that achievement for doing 40% of the side quest when I still in Act 2. The only time I would say I really "grind" is when I am in a group and we go though the desert or swamp and just clear everything really quickly.

I will be on tonight as well if anyone wants to play or has extra Set Items for trade or sale, I have over 8 Million gold.

bread's done
Back