SACRED 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info - 5/12/09

[quote name='Logg']I have my main at 51 now, another at 15 and another one at 14, which I am trying to beat without dying, buying stuff or Exploring the map. I do a lot of quest I got that achievement for doing 40% of the side quest when I still in Act 2. The only time I would say I really "grind" is when I am in a group and we go though the desert or swamp and just clear everything really quickly.

I will be on tonight as well if anyone wants to play or has extra Set Items for trade or sale, I have over 8 Million gold.[/QUOTE]

You have DOMINATED this game within the last few days. I feel like a terrible RPGer compared to you lol. I didn't get much into Diablo when it was around so this is kinda my first taste of a real hack n' slash RPG.

Ya I loved Diablo 2 and have been waiting for Sacred 2 since I heard it was coming out for the 360. I did have the first Sacred on PC as well. After I read the first review that came out on IGN, I was on the fence almost was done with it, till I read all the user reviews that came out on day one. I bought it that first day and now Its all I do in my free time. I have meet a lot of people to play with also which helps but yet to really trade any items. Like I said I will be on in few hours tonight and I have a high level and a low (15) so if you wanna play just send me a friend request. I would also be down for starting a new toon, cause I would like to get each of them to 15.

If anyone has any pieces from the Lucreti's Set for the Shadow Warrior, I'd be interested in trading some Armantin's or Denderan's for them.

[quote name='Logg']I got a lightsaber[/QUOTE]

Seriously? A real lightsaber? Or a sword that looks like one?

I created a mage (I totally forget her class name) after getting frustrated with my Shadow Warrior and I'm having a shitload of fun with her. I also put the story on Silver (something I forgot to do on my first toon) so the difficulty is harder, but way way more fun. Lastly while doing some of the beginning quests I came upon a door the was locked but looked like it could be open. I looked it up on Google and turns out you have to go between these random houses and click on a random rock that gives you a key. The door leads to a pirate bay filled with nasty pirates and the end result is you find their huge treasure! I love these quests more and more as I play.

I think in order to get a lightsaber, you need a bargaining skill of 4 to 6. I believe they're also only obtainable in the first town on Bronze. They're called something completely different, but the weapon icon and the actual skin when equipped is a lightsaber.

I got it at level 15 in Silver my bargaining skill is I think 24 or something at level 15. They are called light energy Swords, Its pretty sweet it had 2 slots I put it on a level 15 and she one shots everything I fight.

just hit level 18 last night, I'm a bit of a questaholic. This game is a blast, makes me wonder if I'll ever need the other 50 360 games on my shelf anytime soon

Just bought this on eBay for $41 shipped. Used, but mint and it includes the GameStop pre-order code. Priority mail should have it here the same day my 360 returns from MS, awesome :D

[quote name='SynGamer']Just bought this on eBay for $41 shipped. Used, but mint and it includes the GameStop pre-order code. Priority mail should have it here the same day my 360 returns from MS, awesome :D[/QUOTE]

Now you can play with me. Doesn't that just make you all warm and fuzzy inside?

Also, the Gamestop codes don't work yet.

I really want to get this game, but I don't have the bones to spare atm for a full 60 bucks...that is just too steep for me :(
And I'm a PS3 user...if anybody seen some discounts let me know please. Thanks! :D

[quote name='Draekon']Now you can play with me. Doesn't that just make you all warm and fuzzy inside?

Also, the Gamestop codes don't work yet.[/QUOTE]
I'll just be happy to have my 360 back. And yes, I heard the codes don't work yet. I heard this was being fixed in the first patch.

I ordered this from gogamer when it was $42, it came in today but they sent me the PAL version. Seems to be working so far on my U.S. 360 (only had time to get to the title screen). Anyone know what's up with this? Is there anything wrong with using a PAL version, i.e. will the picture look weird?

[quote name='crazzyhippo']I ordered this from gogamer when it was $42, it came in today but they sent me the PAL version. Seems to be working so far on my U.S. 360 (only had time to get to the title screen). Anyone know what's up with this? Is there anything wrong with using a PAL version, i.e. will the picture look weird?[/QUOTE]

From what I understand about PAL games on NTSC consoles you will only experience problems with the graphics if your playing on certain standard definition tvs. Since you got the game to start up it should work fine gameplay wise.

[quote name='danh920']cheapy has this posted in a gogamer thread for around $50 as well[/QUOTE]

Yeah, If I recall correctly I think that one was an international version.

[quote name='Sdawg']From what I understand about PAL games on NTSC consoles you will only experience problems with the graphics if your playing on certain standard definition tvs. Since you got the game to start up it should work fine gameplay wise.[/QUOTE]

Yep, works like a charm. Thanks!

Well I just ordered a copy for $38.00 from Ebay, but it won't come in until about a week. Now for the long wait.

Thanks a bunch SynGamer! :)

The current patch does the following according to the developer's posts on other boards this morning.

· Player-Trade on a single console added

· Preparation for future DLC via the new implemented in-game marketplace added. This also affects the IMP that will be available after Microsoft has done some internal changes tonight. Pls try this out later today.

· A change to the save game routine has been made to avoid a loss of the user’s save game

· A fix for a teleport problem when entering a specific dungeon (“Undead Legion” quest)

· A fix for a calculation problem in the leaderbards has been added

· Changed the names of the invite option from “everybody”/”friends only” to “public”/“private”

Another patch with some more fixes is in approval and available shortly through the wonderful Xbox Life services. We will keep you updated.

The only thing preventing me from picking this up is the full 1000 point value on Goozex. Just doesn't seem like a "full-value" game for me atm.

[quote name='shieryda']The only thing preventing me from picking this up is the full 1000 point value on Goozex. Just doesn't seem like a "full-value" game for me atm.[/QUOTE]

I'd argue the exact opposite (i.e. that it is worth more than most other games).

I was looking at a few reviews and noticed the below from IGN. It explains why some of the review nailed the game for stuff like frame rate issues that aren't experienced in the retail version.
[Editor's Note – The original Sacred 2 Xbox 360 review we posted last week was based on a 100% complete "Gold Master" version of the game (the version sent to manufacturers for retail reproduction). That version of Sacred 2 was approved for review by publisher CDV and played by IGN editors using our Xbox 360 debug unit, something not available to the general public. After our original review was published, CDV brought to our attention that there was a possibility of manufacturing errors with Gold Master copies of the game which may have been responsible for some of the technical issues noted in the review. We obtained a second copy of the game, this one a final retail version, for comparison and have indeed found a few differences. We have amended our original review so that it is reflective of our experience with the retail game.]

This might have been asked and answered already, but is there anything significant about the inventory items that have icons that are all sparkly white?

They are new the White sparkly items

I just started a TG got him to like 23 pretty fun class but hard. I have yet to die though

[quote name='Logg']They are new the White sparkly items

I just started a TG got him to like 23 pretty fun class but hard. I have yet to die though[/QUOTE]

Don't do like I did and get to the end of the campaign and die on the last boss because you weren't paying close enough attention to your health.

Not that I want to die anyways since it removes my Survival Bonus, but it completely sucked since I was going for that achievement.

[quote name='Draekon']Don't do like I did and get to the end of the campaign and die on the last boss because you weren't paying close enough attention to your health.

Not that I want to die anyways since it removes my Survival Bonus, but it completely sucked since I was going for that achievement.[/QUOTE]

Does your SB drop back down to 0%?

So if myself and friend played together, the host's game will make progress, while the visitor's won't? But what about the visitor's character, does his character retain experience and things? What about achievements? Is the visitor eligible?

I have a question for people who go online (and host) with others since it's been bugging me. When you host, can you invite people to a "Continued" game or do you always have to start a new game?

I find myself having to always start a new game to be able to invite people, as do my friends. It really sucks because it erases all the progress we completed previously if we were doing something like the main campaign. It's a major peeve of mine with the game right now.

[quote name='btw1217']Does your SB drop back down to 0%?[/QUOTE]

Yep. I was around 60% or more at the time too, oh well.

[quote name='cdietschrun']So if myself and friend played together, the host's game will make progress, while the visitor's won't? But what about the visitor's character, does his character retain experience and things? What about achievements? Is the visitor eligible?[/QUOTE]

Visitor gets:
- Experience/Levels & Loot in inventory
- Survival Bonus/Kill Count/Death Count

Visitor doesn't get:
- Quest credit
- Map exploration (I think)
- Items left in the hero chest (Pretty sure)
- Campaign complete credit
- Achievement credit from most achievements (Basic ones obtainable like reach x level with x class and such, but not quest, campaign ones, etc)

Host gets:
- Everything

I'm not sure how true this is in local co-op however.

I play on the PS3 and when I hosted, I thought the same thing you did, that I had to start over. If you're playing on Silver, you have to go down to that first and than go back up to select continue campaign and you should be good to go.

Also I think the Hero chest works in online also.

I was a visitor for my friend for a while and just finished and it said my guy had now 5.x% of the shadow campaign done, that I did with my friend? I'm so confused about this game.

[quote name='Thongsy']I play on the PS3 and when I hosted, I thought the same thing you did, that I had to start over. If you're playing on Silver, you have to go down to that first and than go back up to select continue campaign and you should be good to go.

Also I think the Hero chest works in online also.[/QUOTE]

I just checked and yeah, it does say continue campaign. I never noticed it saying that before the patch though when I went there. Odd.

I know it does for the host, but when a friend joined my game (before the recent Xbox patch) he didn't have anything in his hero chest in my game. Which I thought was odd since it's suppose to be a universal thing across all of his characters.

[quote name='cdietschrun']I was a visitor for my friend for a while and just finished and it said my guy had now 5.x% of the shadow campaign done, that I did with my friend? I'm so confused about this game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know it says it. I just hopped onto my character that I've only done on my friends host and while the % was there, my main quest was at the very beginning.

I believe I heard something where you might be able to quit the game right after you finish the last boss, load up your game and possibly just warp to the last area and possibly finish it off. I'm not entirely sure, but I've read countless times that you don't get completed credit for campaign when you're not host.

Your teleports are saved thankfuly so I could possibly see that working.

EDIT: I'll try testing it as soon as I can. Unfortunately the people I play with don't have time to play very often so it may be a few days or longer before I can confirm.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a weird setup. What is the motivation? Am I supposed to do stuff on my own? Why shouldn't I get somehow advances in my character for helping a friend through his game? So strange

Yeah there's honestly pretty much no purpose of playing with friends online if your going to lose your progress. =\

The Only progress you lose is the number of quests done. You keep your EXP, your Items, the quest rewards everything. I mean thats the point of the game, why would you play this game for a story or ending, I have played over 80 hours across a few different characters and I have yet to read one line of text or story or anything. You could never beat the game just keep playing with friends and get to Niob and level 200 which is the whole point. Then obv you could rush though silver or something for a ending.

[quote name='Logg']The Only progress you lose is the number of quests done. You keep your EXP, your Items, the quest rewards everything. I mean thats the point of the game, why would you play this game for a story or ending, I have played over 80 hours across a few different characters and I have yet to read one line of text or story or anything. You could never beat the game just keep playing with friends and get to Niob and level 200 which is the whole point. Then obv you could rush though silver or something for a ending.[/QUOTE]

You need to beat Silver campaign to unlock Gold and go on and so forth. Without campaign progress saving in an online game, you don't get to progress to the next difficulty unless you beat it while you're the host. You have to do this for every character if you're playing campaign (which actually saves progress [like quests] unlike Free World). Free World on the other hand, I believe you can play higher levels so long as you've unlocked it on at least one character.

It's a real pain in the ass for people who strictly got this for online co-op and want achievements. It's also a pain for unlocking higher difficulties via online, unless I'm mistaken (and believe me, I hope I am). I don't personally care about side quest progress saving, I just wish the campaign progress would for the benefits you get from going through it.

Does anyone else have fairly bad V-sync issues with this game ? I don't see any slow down or anything like some people have mentioned, but the V-sync issue is pretty bad unless I zoom all the way in.

Aside from that, definitely a great game and plan on spending quite a bit of time on it. Never really wanted to play online so not too worried about that aspect.

I definitely notice a lot of tearing, yes. Not serious enough for it to bother me though.

EDIT: About the lag, since I just started a Blazing Tempest High Elf, I do get lag fairly frequently when a lot of enemies die at once. I usually mob quite a few up before I start casting and then my screen is just filled with damage popping up all over above the enemies.

[quote name='Draekon']The second patch came out yesterday. No patch notes yet, but we should have them by Monday at the latest.[/QUOTE]

Oh awesome! If someone can post the notes as well as impressions of the new patch (what it fixed, did it fix the issues, etc, etc) then I will finally pick up this game!

Has anyone had any issues with the Legendary Pirates Treasure Quest?

I beat the pirate boss and unlocked the door behind him. Went into the area with the small inlet and ship and killed everyone. Opened the small room to the north of the entrance and gathered all the treasure. My quest log still shows that it is not complete and directs me on the map to a second teleporter icon on the map of the cave that I can find now way to get to.

bread's done
Back