Saint's Row 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='The 7th Number']Do the celebrity security guard side mission, and there will be an airport where you can launch someone off a conveyor belt.[/quote]

The cemetery is another good place. Throw someone onto the front-loader and they'll get launched into the air.

This game is a great break from Fallout, I put it in the other night and lost an hour and a half just fucking around killing people.

There was one time when I had a one star wanted level and this cop came up to attack me. As the cop was beating on me, some pimps came up and started beating on the cop. As this was going on there were more and more pimps that gathered around the two or three beating on the cop and cheering them on. After a while the cop ended up bloody on the sidewalk and all these pimps were just standing around like it was a pimp convention ... I laughed my ass off, then killed them.

GOOD.fuckING.GOD. I am experiencing the WORST slowdown ever right now. Has anyone had this problem? I keep losing the mission because of this. This is completely ridiculous. :bomb:

[quote name='Blackout']GOOD.fuckING.GOD. I am experiencing the WORST slowdown ever right now. Has anyone had this problem? I keep losing the mission because of this. This is completely ridiculous. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

With a lot of stuff on the screen, it does happen. It's happens mostly to me when I am doing the Trail Blazing activity, with all the explosions happening.

About 70% done with getting everything/beating all the activities/etc. Enjoying online, still haven't tried Co-Op, though.

[quote name='carpwrist']Any BF deals on this game? I haven't had much time to look.[/quote]

Currently no, but, Amazon hasn't fully released their BF deals yet. Though, if you are looking for B&M deals there aren't any.

I am posting to say that if you're looking for a deal on a used copy, you should buy from The 7th Number. I know him from another board. He often sells his games after he's done with them, and he's reliable. Just wanted to vouch for him since he deserves it.

That being said, I still need to finish the last few Brotherhood missions and the
Ultor
storyline. Too many new games have been distracting me.

[quote name='carpwrist']Any BF deals on this game? I haven't had much time to look.[/quote]

Carp, BestBuy also has it this Sunday (I think) in the sale ads (per Speedy..although it may be next Sunday). I'm with you though, I'm dying to get my hands on this.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Anyone want to trade their copy?[/quote]

I would but i would want something like Tomb Raider Underworld, MK vs DC, Dead Space, maybe fable 2.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I would but i would want something like Tomb Raider Underworld, MK vs DC, Dead Space, maybe fable 2.[/quote]

Don't got any of that. :(

Phrost, look for a deal either tonight on the Amazon Sunday stuff or Cyber Monday. I'm like you, begging for a copy because Saints Row was one of my favorites. I have yet to see any deals anywhere! yet on this game, I HOPE my gut is right that Amazon will come through.

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']Phrost, look for a deal either tonight on the Amazon Sunday stuff or Cyber Monday. I'm like you, begging for a copy because Saints Row was one of my favorites. I have yet to see any deals anywhere! yet on this game, I HOPE my gut is right that Amazon will come through.[/quote]

I found some guy on craigslist that wants to trade for a 12-month card so I'm set! Hopefully I'll be playing tomorrow!

hey guys im just looking for someone who would like to come and help me play through some saint row, i dont really need the help but no one on my list is playing. So if anyone would like just hit me up or post in here.

Gamertag- IVI GAM3R IVI

Someone joinned my game and was using cheats. So now everytime I save it say "cheats enabled". I can't get achievements like that. Is there a way to disenable the cheats?

Does anyone know how to import your in-game single player character to online play? The game says that you can do it (as does the manual) but there is no option to do so. Thanks.

Is there anything special you need to do to get the final Ultor mission(s) to appear on the map? I just finished
"Salting the Earth...Again", the one where you kill the Ultor execs out on the yacht, and the head Ultor guy is watching it all out the window, and he tells his secretary that he's about to get promoted.
After that, I don't see any more mission icons on my map, anywhere. I even checked a walkthrough on GameFAQs. There's another mission or two listed, but nothing about where to find them or how to trigger them.

I haven't used any cheats at all, and I haven't played co-op with anyone. Is this some kind of glitch? Am I screwed?

Supposedly the patch has been sent to Microsoft and is just awaiting approval. That is not saying that will fix your problem as I have not finished the Ultor stuff yet on my game but it is supposed to fix the co-op achievement glitches and the freezing. I looked at your Achievements and it looks like you are missing the Vengeance one, maybe try that mission and see if it triggers anything.

Are you talking about the secret mission? The one where you
have to go to the police station and listen to the tapes? This one has been available since the beginning of the game.

Owen, I'm aware of the Vengeance achievement, but have no idea of how to get it. I guess I've been assuming it was one of those achievements that you get after you finish a certain mission, or the entire game. Is there something specific that I'm not doing?

PhrostByte, I don't remember doing a mission like that. I'm guessing since you said it was a secret mission, it doesn't just appear on the map as a mission icon. Will it trigger automatically if I
go into the police station
? My problem right now is that there are no mission icons anywhere on the map, so I've kind of got nothing to do, as far as I can tell, in terms of missions.

[quote name='Danimal']Owen, I'm aware of the Vengeance achievement, but have no idea of how to get it. I guess I've been assuming it was one of those achievements that you get after you finish a certain mission, or the entire game. Is there something specific that I'm not doing?

PhrostByte, I don't remember doing a mission like that. I'm guessing since you said it was a secret mission, it doesn't just appear on the map as a mission icon. Will it trigger automatically if I
go into the police station
? My problem right now is that there are no mission icons anywhere on the map, so I've kind of got nothing to do, as far as I can tell, in terms of missions.[/quote]

You have to go to the Police Station and it's in one of the rooms. You'll see areas where you can listen to some tapes that will help wrap up the story. Troy's office is connected to the room and is where you get the mission.

As for the Ultor Missions, did you do the one in the Mall?

Yeah, the likely problem is that you're either overlooking, or are unable to find the 'mall' stronghold.

It *does* appear on the map at the mall, but the activation point is actually INSIDE the mall. Took me a while to figure that out... it's poorly thought out.

... anyway, I finished the game this morning. LOVED it. Every minute. It was like GTA4, but fun. ;)

[quote name='007']Yeah, the likely problem is that you're either overlooking, or are unable to find the 'mall' stronghold.

It *does* appear on the map at the mall, but the activation point is actually INSIDE the mall. Took me a while to figure that out... it's poorly thought out.[/QUOTE]Yup, that was the problem. The Ultor stronghold didn't appear on my map until I set the map to show only strongholds. It didn't show up on the default "show everything" setting.

Once I finished the mall stronghold, the final mission icon appeared on the map, so I guess that's what I was missing.

I don't think I ever did the police station mission, either, PhrostByte. Now if I could only remember where the police station is.... Well, I'll find it. I finished the game, but I'll still be trying to get a few more achievements from it.

[quote name='MrRuffles']Someone joinned my game and was using cheats. So now everytime I save it say "cheats enabled". I can't get achievements like that. Is there a way to disenable the cheats?[/quote]

Was this in co-op or online play? Do people use cheats online? Because there was one person yesterday online who I kept shooting at (hit him three times with a shot gun) yet none of his health went down. Will this effect my save?

[quote name='Rozz']Was this in co-op or online play? Do people use cheats online? Because there was one person yesterday online who I kept shooting at (hit him three times with a shot gun) yet none of his health went down. Will this effect my save?[/QUOTE]

It had to be co-op. The problem with people joining your co-op games with cheats enabled and not being able to kick them without it screwing up your gamesave was a really stupid mistake. Your only option after you kick them is to reload your save. I also keep multiple saves, saving in a new spot after each mission just to be safe in case I run into this or any other game problems.

[quote name='Owen']It had to be co-op. The problem with people joining your co-op games with cheats enabled and not being able to kick them without it screwing up your gamesave was a really stupid mistake. Your only option after you kick them is to reload your save. I also keep multiple saves, saving in a new spot after each mission just to be safe in case I run into this or any other game problems.[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up. Someone tried joining me in a co-op game and I'm happy I didn't let them in now. I do have three saves though in case something goes wrong, but it's still a nuisance...

You really just need to look at your save screen after someone joins and make sure it does not say cheats enabled even when you boot them just to be safe. When the game first came out and I would hop into random co-op games, I was amazed by the number of people that either did not realize they had got cheats enabled at some point or the fact that they would only use 1 save game slot. When a game allows you 10-20 save slots, it really is dumb to use just 1 when so many things can happen.

Hmm... didn't even realize this was an issue. Glad I turned down all those requests... which were, in reality, kind of annoying. Turned them off completely after a while.

This doesn't seem like the kind of game I'd co-op with a 'random' anyway.

Still, awesome game, one that really didn't get enough attention.

[quote name='Rozz']Was this in co-op or online play? Do people use cheats online? Because there was one person yesterday online who I kept shooting at (hit him three times with a shot gun) yet none of his health went down. Will this effect my save?[/quote]

That was probably because you had friendly fire disabled, by default it is disabled.

Wow I just got the game the other day and am really loving it. Currently my favorite thing to do it to throw people on the hood of cars as they drive by. I've been really distracted by messing around so I only have done like 3 story missions so far, yet I have played for over 6 hours.

Played co-op for over an hour last night with a buddy. We did a bunch of the fight club, septic avenger and cop missions. I don't think I've laughed so hard in quite some time. Watching someone get tasered is quite enjoyable.:D

bread's done
Back