Saints Row 2

I called that lawyer as a homie (I unlocked by beating the Fight club in the prison) and had him follow me around on a couple of missions.

Also does anyone know to get the Ninja gang? I did something that said I unlocked ninjas but I don't know how to use them??

[quote name='Sinistar']I called that lawyer as a homie (I unlocked by beating the Fight club in the prison) and had him follow me around on a couple of missions.

Also does anyone know to get the Ninja gang? I did something that said I unlocked ninjas but I don't know how to use them??[/quote]

Go to the saints hideout and theres an icon right off the main room for gang customization

[quote name='QiG']Go to the saints hideout and theres an icon right off the main room for gang customization[/quote]

Is it only at the saints hideout? Or any crib?

Anyone wanna play some multiplayer/co-op tonight around 10pm EST?

[quote name='Sinistar']Is it only at the saints hideout? Or any crib?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure you can only do it at the Saint's hideout under the church.

Randy I should be around.. if you see me on PSN send me a PM.

lol I forgot where the church is.. I'll have to look.. I'm also trying to find the abandoned drive in theater in Arena district but I can't find that either lol.

[quote name='Sinistar']Randy I should be around.. if you see me on PSN send me a PM.

lol I forgot where the church is.. I'll have to look.. I'm also trying to find the abandoned drive in theater in Arena district but I can't find that either lol.[/quote]

Hopping on in a second.
I'm pretty sure I know where the drive-in...I'll try to show you.

[quote name='bmachine']Hopping on in a second.
I'm pretty sure I know where the drive-in...I'll try to show you.[/quote]

I just popped on PSN and sent you a message but it looks like you were getting ready to log off as you just went offline. :(

let me know when you're online next.

speaking of the drive-in....some of those places are hard to find. like in the marina district....the gift shop and the hotel ( i know this one should be obvious but I kept trying to get in the wrong building).

Just picked up the CE. Do you guys still play this online? I'd like to get in on some CAG multiplayer action. Also, is the DLC required to enjoy all of the multiplayer?

Anyone know about a glitch where the one Ultor stronghold on the northern island won't show up? I drove up there multiple times and the damn icon to start the mission isn't there, but the Ultor icon is on the map. It's in Nob's Hill or somewhere near there.

By the way, has anyone found the secret mission with Julius yet? If not, check out YouTube, since they show you where you have to go to activate it(Stillwater PD HQ).

EDIT: I just read a FAQ on the game that says the stronghold mission is INSIDE the mall where you fight the leader of the Samdi.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Anyone know about a glitch where the one Ultor stronghold on the northern island won't show up? I drove up there multiple times and the damn icon to start the mission isn't there, but the Ultor icon is on the map. It's in Nob's Hill or somewhere near there.

By the way, has anyone found the secret mission with Julius yet? If not, check out YouTube, since they show you where you have to go to activate it(Stillwater PD HQ).

EDIT: I just read a FAQ on the game that says the stronghold mission is INSIDE the mall where you fight the leader of the Samdi.[/quote]the Ultor stronghold that's supposed to show up near the mall?!?!?!?! That's exactly where I left off playing!!!! I tried driving around the south side of the city, doing side missions, etc. Nothing worked. I've yet to pick it back up because of this.

secret mission....I'll check it out, thanx.

[quote name='shadowkast']the Ultor stronghold that's supposed to show up near the mall?!?!?!?! That's exactly where I left off playing!!!! I tried driving around the south side of the city, doing side missions, etc. Nothing worked. I've yet to pick it back up because of this.

secret mission....I'll check it out, thanx.[/quote]

That Ultor stronghold mission at the mall was a pain in the ass. I finished the game tonight and it took a while for me to find the entrance to the mall to start the stronghold mission.

It's a multi stage mission and hard as hell, even on EASY, so if you're playing on anything but 'casual' be prepared for a hell of a fight.

By the way, they're saying there's a second secret mission in the game, one where you can
kill Dex, who I assume is from the first game like Julius?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That Ultor stronghold mission at the mall was a pain in the ass. I finished the game tonight and it took a while for me to find the entrance to the mall to start the stronghold mission.

It's a multi stage mission and hard as hell, even on EASY, so if you're playing on anything but 'casual' be prepared for a hell of a fight.

By the way, they're saying there's a second secret mission in the game, one where you can
kill Dex, who I assume is from the first game like Julius?
[/quote]So you figured out the glitch?! The stronghold I can't access seems to appear outside of a strip mall. Not the actual mall where you
fought the guy driving around in the vehicle (final mission of the green gang I wanna say)
the exact spot where it seems the mission should start is on street level. almost between two benches under the overhang of the second open floor of this strip mall. If any one can help it would be appreciated.

I've been playing this a lot lately and found a pretty good way to make quick money early on. I've just been buying up all the property I can at that point. I find that I can't stand to play GTA4 after playing this one. The controls just feel so clunky in GTA.

I feel ya about going back to GTA....can't really do it myself. Pretty quick into the game money doesn't seem to be an issue. An essential thing to do early on is to beat the side missions that give you unlimited ammo for your pistols and semi-auto. Sorry, you'll have to check gamefaqs.com to see exactly which those are however (I don't remember).

[quote name='shadowkast']So you figured out the glitch?! The stronghold I can't access seems to appear outside of a strip mall. Not the actual mall where you
fought the guy driving around in the vehicle (final mission of the green gang I wanna say)
the exact spot where it seems the mission should start is on street level. almost between two benches under the overhang of the second open floor of this strip mall. If any one can help it would be appreciated.[/quote]

That's the EXACT mission I'm talking about, shadowkast. It's a stronghold mission for the Ultor Corporation.

It's INSIDE the MALL and it's a HUUUUUUGE PAIN IN THE ASS!!!

Hell, the final mission is kind of a pain too. I won't spoil it, but let's say that fog+harder to see objective points= takes a LOOOOONG time if you don't figure it out.

[quote name='shadowkast']I feel ya about going back to GTA....can't really do it myself. Pretty quick into the game money doesn't seem to be an issue. An essential thing to do early on is to beat the side missions that give you unlimited ammo for your pistols and semi-auto. Sorry, you'll have to check gamefaqs.com to see exactly which those are however (I don't remember).[/quote]

I think those are the cop missions. I'm still trying to get unlimited sprint as well.

Anyone up for some multiplayer tonight? I might be on for a bit.. I have not bought the expansion set though, yet.

[quote name='bmachine']If you complete Insurance Fraud (near the factories) up to level 6 you'll get infinite sprint.[/quote]

Insurance Fraud is the one where ya have to throw yourself in front of cars to get injured, right? I tried that and I couldn't get by friggin' level 1. I'd jump right in front of cars, they'd hit me and I'd bounce down the damn road, but I got nowhere near the amount I needed.

Then again, level 1 on the IF mini game I tried was $50k.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Insurance Fraud is the one where ya have to throw yourself in front of cars to get injured, right? I tried that and I couldn't get by friggin' level 1. I'd jump right in front of cars, they'd hit me and I'd bounce down the damn road, but I got nowhere near the amount I needed.

Then again, level 1 on the IF mini game I tried was $50k.[/quote]

You've basically got to trip enough times to get your adrenaline up. Then once it's up you fly a LOT further. You can easily get 30-50k on a single fall after that because you're flying around in the air and hitting cars over and over. There are these "hot zones" on the map that also add a lot of points.

[quote name='mtxbass1']You've basically got to trip enough times to get your adrenaline up. Then once it's up you fly a LOT further. You can easily get 30-50k on a single fall after that because you're flying around in the air and hitting cars over and over. There are these "hot zones" on the map that also add a lot of points.[/quote]

I was wondering what the hell those adrenaline hot zones were for. Thanks for clarifying. Now I think I'm gonna try that side mission again, even though I've already completed the game.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I was wondering what the hell those adrenaline hot zones were for. Thanks for clarifying. Now I think I'm gonna try that side mission again, even though I've already completed the game.[/quote]

I've found that you want to get to zones where there are groupings of sportscars or construction trucks/big rigs. You can easily get 140k+ on some of these 18 wheelers when they drag you down the freeway.

[quote name='kube00']just got the dlc[/quote]
and....!?!?!?!? that's it, just letting us know. Well congratulations:D

Gonna try out that stronghold now....thanx Iamthecheapestgamereverandever

im going to re-start my game with a new character, ive not touched this one in far too long...this thread has me itching to play it...thanks yall

I'm playing tonight with bmachine. The extra clothes and styles are dumb. But there's a sweet truck/suv thing with a rocket launcher which is a lot of fun! A few of the other cars are also not worthy. Maybe I'll post a review tonight in my blog

Cheapy said he wouldn't recommend it. My reccomendation, get it and find 1-2 people to gameshare, it will make it cheaper for all of you.

[quote name='shadowkast']and....!?!?!?!? that's it, just letting us know. Well congratulations:D

Gonna try out that stronghold now....thanx Iamthecheapestgamereverandever[/QUOTE]

You're welcome. It took me forever to remember where the entrance to the mall was so I could get in there and find the damn stronghold icon.

But be warned that that stronghold mission is tough as hell.

I was playing on casual and the friggin' mission took about 10 retries before I finally got through it.

OH crap. Third DLC is free? I might have to hang on to this one now. I'm on the last Ultor mission.

I did the mall mission mentioned above and found it rather simple. Meh?

[quote name='mtxbass1']OH crap. Third DLC is free? I might have to hang on to this one now. I'm on the last Ultor mission.

I did the mall mission mentioned above and found it rather simple. Meh?[/QUOTE]

You do the 'hidden' mission? Go to the police station and go upstairs with no gun drawn. You have to go up to an area inside the building with all cubicles and there's like 3-4 wiretap tapes you have to listen to. Then go grab a file from a desk straight ahead after the last tape plays.

Just YouTube it if you can't figure out where the police station is. It's in the Stillwater district.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You're welcome. It took me forever to remember where the entrance to the mall was so I could get in there and find the damn stronghold icon.

But be warned that that stronghold mission is tough as hell.

I was playing on casual and the friggin' mission took about 10 retries before I finally got through it.[/QUOTE]
finally finished the game (yes the secret mission too) Didn't think the stronghold mission was that hard at all. I've had the unlimited ammo for rifles and infinite sprint sinve the beginning of the game though, so that makes the entire game ALOT easier,

[quote name='shadowkast']finally finished the game (yes the secret mission too) Didn't think the stronghold mission was that hard at all. I've had the unlimited ammo for rifles and infinite sprint sinve the beginning of the game though, so that makes the entire game ALOT easier,[/QUOTE]

Cheat codes? Ever since I seriously messed up a save file on some game by constantly using cheats last gen I stopped doing that.

Now, if I wanna just mess around in a game, I'll turn a few on but I won't save once I've done so.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Cheat codes? Ever since I seriously messed up a save file on some game by constantly using cheats last gen I stopped doing that.

Now, if I wanna just mess around in a game, I'll turn a few on but I won't save once I've done so.[/QUOTE]

was it san andreas? i remember reading that using codes woud screw up your game save if you saved after you did one. eh that dlc doesnt sound too interesting but im nowhere near beating sr2. havent touched it since i got infamous which i stopped playing because of the beta. i hope the next gta game takes some notes from sr2 or maybe someone will come out with a game that borrows the best from both series.

[quote name='lokizz']was it san andreas? i remember reading that using codes woud screw up your game save if you saved after you did one. eh that dlc doesnt sound too interesting but im nowhere near beating sr2. havent touched it since i got infamous which i stopped playing because of the beta. i hope the next gta game takes some notes from sr2 or maybe someone will come out with a game that borrows the best from both series.[/QUOTE]

You mean like GTAIV borrowed from Scarface on the PS2/Xbox with the wanted level radius thing?

Actually, I think it was GTAIII that I used assloads of codes in, since I used to always end up getting a six star wanted level and I never could make it to a pay n spray before getting annihilated.

Out of all of the GTA clones I've played(Scarface, True Crime, etc), I'd have to say that I enjoy Saint's Row 2 better than the game it kind of copies.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You do the 'hidden' mission? Go to the police station and go upstairs with no gun drawn. You have to go up to an area inside the building with all cubicles and there's like 3-4 wiretap tapes you have to listen to. Then go grab a file from a desk straight ahead after the last tape plays.

Just YouTube it if you can't figure out where the police station is. It's in the Stillwater district.[/QUOTE]

That one is next on my list, then the final Ultor mission. I read about that one on gamefaqs and didn't want to bother with it yet.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Cheat codes? Ever since I seriously messed up a save file on some game by constantly using cheats last gen I stopped doing that.

Now, if I wanna just mess around in a game, I'll turn a few on but I won't save once I've done so.[/QUOTE]

Nah, he's not talking about cheat codes actually. If you complete a lot of the activities, you get unlimited ammo for the various guns. I've got unlimited ammo on all my guns except the rocket launcher and grenades. The rifles are probably the most useful. Complete all the hitman missions to get that (unlimited rifle).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You mean like GTAIV borrowed from Scarface on the PS2/Xbox with the wanted level radius thing?

Actually, I think it was GTAIII that I used assloads of codes in, since I used to always end up getting a six star wanted level and I never could make it to a pay n spray before getting annihilated.

Out of all of the GTA clones I've played(Scarface, True Crime, etc), I'd have to say that I enjoy Saint's Row 2 better than the game it kind of copies.[/QUOTE]

true crime ny was pretty good especially the music and i liked how you could go into alot of the buildings. but yeah the best gta clone is sr2. man if someone woudl take the fighting/shooting/action mechanics of uncharted and put it in a gta like game id be happy. especially if it had tons of side stuff which is to me the best part of sr2. ive spent alot of time just on that alone especially the hitman missions.

Anyone up for a CAG night for Saint's Row 2? I can update the OP with schedule and whatnot if anyone is interested. :)

[quote name='lokizz']true crime ny was pretty good especially the music and i liked how you could go into alot of the buildings. but yeah the best gta clone is sr2. man if someone woudl take the fighting/shooting/action mechanics of uncharted and put it in a gta like game id be happy. especially if it had tons of side stuff which is to me the best part of sr2. ive spent alot of time just on that alone especially the hitman missions.[/QUOTE]

I did some of the side missions, but I just got annoyed with the timer nonsense on stuff like the Fuzz missions. My one buddy, who is borrowing my copy of SR2 right now, did all of the Fuzz missions and got infinite ammo on his machine pistols.

However, I still would like a GTA clone with the environment(destructible to some extent)of Mercenaries/Mercenaries 2, the music of GTA Vice City and Saints Row 2 combined and the fun factor and somewhat easier controls of Vice City.

If they can do that, then I'd be in heaven. I couldn't stand most of True Crime's music, since I think most of it was that hip hoppy/rap type crap.

I absolutely can't stand that sort of music for the most part, though it's semi tolerable....but in SMALL doses.

At least with the GTA games they got away from the unlicensed music from the original PC/PS1 game and GTA III to something I actually recognize.

[quote name='mtxbass1']That one is next on my list, then the final Ultor mission. I read about that one on gamefaqs and didn't want to bother with it yet.

Nah, he's not talking about cheat codes actually. If you complete a lot of the activities, you get unlimited ammo for the various guns. I've got unlimited ammo on all my guns except the rocket launcher and grenades. The rifles are probably the most useful. Complete all the hitman missions to get that (unlimited rifle).[/QUOTE]yeah....I never use cheatcodes....not since genesis at least

Loving this game...Everything GTA4 should have been except less pretty and more glitchy. Anyone still play? I would be down for Coop at some point. Also how do you get the infinite sprint?

As far as where I sm in the game, it says 35% and I have done all Brotherhood missions.

[quote name='smiggity']Loving this game...Everything GTA4 should have been except less pretty and more glitchy. Anyone still play? I would be down for Coop at some point. Also how do you get the infinite sprint?

As far as where I sm in the game, it says 35% and I have done all Brotherhood missions.[/QUOTE]

havent played it in a while but ill start up again once i finish infamous ( fucking shards are killing me).

[quote name='smiggity']Also how do you get the infinite sprint?[/QUOTE]
Complete both levels of Insurance Fraud diversion in the factory district. Easiest way to complete it is to find a highway which runs through the area and jump in front of cars there.

Finished off the Ronin missions now I'm down to Ultor. Haven't played Coop yet but would be down for it, add me and MSG me when I'm on.

bread's done
Back