Saints Row 2

[quote name='smiggity']Loving this game...Everything GTA4 should have been except less pretty and more glitchy. Anyone still play? I would be down for Coop at some point. Also how do you get the infinite sprint?

As far as where I sm in the game, it says 35% and I have done all Brotherhood missions.[/QUOTE]

Wait. You're saying Saints Row 2 is glitchy or GTAIV? I'm just wondering, since I've seen assloads of glitches in GTAIV and I have yet to really experience any MAJOR ones in SR2.

Hell, there's a glitch in GTAIV that allows you to walk UNDER the water between Algonquin and Alderney and you can go up under the sidewalk and shoot up at peds and cops from that vantage point.

I was saying SR2 is glitchy. Not full blown glitches (Havent played enough) but stupid little things like physics glitches, things dissapearing stuff like that.

I guess people still play this eh? I'm getting my sexy Slim soon with all my games back in Cali.. so I'm planning on getting this on the cheaps since the CE is $30 now. I'd be down to play some Co-op :D

I just picked up the LE version of the game from GS for 29.99. Its good so far... more GTA, however I did run into some graphics glitches... my system was kinda hot so I was thinking that it had come from that... I'm going to try it again later.

[quote name='smiggity']I was saying SR2 is glitchy. Not full blown glitches (Havent played enough) but stupid little things like physics glitches, things dissapearing stuff like that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Some of the glitches and bugs in some of these games can be annoying.

One of the most annoying things in a game that used to happen ALL the time in the PS2/Xbox era was massive amounts of 'pop-in' in the GTA games.

I couldn't tell you how many times I'd be driving towards another point on the map in the game and have a building just up and appear right in front of me.

Same here. Although with my backlog, I haven't even considered playing through it again as of yet and the TIV($8@Gamestop) and what I'd probably get by trying to sell/trade it on here are so low, I just can't get rid of it.

Hell. I even looked into Gamestaq and Amazon's trade-in program and they're both offering a negligible amount for the game, so I'd rather have it sit and collect dust than lose money on a trade for it.

well I gave my PS3 a rest and came back... played the game there was no issues. PLayed well... except one... the sound from the guns went out after a long fire fight... but who cares... game is good... I'm enjoying it..

Occasionally I have the problem where I can't get access to my Tornado attack helicopter in certain pads which is annoying. Also I remember one instance where I was propelled through the ground and fell forever through the endless void below the city :lol:. Glitchy at times, but fun.

Oh, and make sure to spend some time tinkering with the cars at the mechanics shops, I got through about 70% of the game before I realized I could upgrade and customize vehicles.

Any interest in getting together a group for the 2 pay DLC packs? Looks like it'd be around $3.50 if we could get a full 5.

I routinely have issues about 1/6th of the time with GTAIV when playing online. When a game starts, I'll go to fire my weapons or hit the taunt button(L1) and there's NO SOUND.

Then the sound just kicks in about maybe 10-15 seconds in.

As for this game though, I've noticed a few problems here or there, but nothing that really bugged me too much.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Same here. Although with my backlog, I haven't even considered playing through it again as of yet and the TIV($8@Gamestop) and what I'd probably get by trying to sell/trade it on here are so low, I just can't get rid of it.

Hell. I even looked into Gamestaq and Amazon's trade-in program and they're both offering a negligible amount for the game, so I'd rather have it sit and collect dust than lose money on a trade for it.[/QUOTE]

GameCrazy trade-in is $12, and they have a 30% boost if you trade in three games. EBay will net you $14-20 plus $3-4 shipping.

I've played three hours of this game and it feels woefully inferior. To what, exactly, I can't tell. It just feels cheap. Driving controls are retarded, I don't care for the visuals, and the vibe of the game is white upper middle class trying to be hard. Will my experience improve? I came into the game with an open mind, and despite what I've posted, I'm still trying to like the game.

To me, the driving controls in this game were decent, while the controls in GTAIV were totally horrendous this time. I can't even tell you all of the times I spun out in a car while trying to do some insane reverse 180* spin to get going in the opposite direction as the cops in GTAIV.

Plus, there's ALOT of things to do once you get done with the storyline, whereas unless you're going online in GTAIV there's jack and shit to do really.

I mean, yeah, you could do self made rampages and see how many wanted level stars you can evade, but that's only fun for so long too.

The nearest Gamecrazy to me is about a 40 minute drive from here, but we do have Hollywood Video stores that take trades now too. I don't think they match any promos, even from GC, though I never really asked.

I'll probably just keep it and end up going back through it one of these days, once I get done with Demon's Souls, Mercs 2, Little Big Planet, Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom, MGS4, Silent Hill Homecoming and the half dozen or so other games that I haven't completed yet.

[quote name='smiggity']Where can I purchase helicopters and planes????[/QUOTE]

I can sell you some. PayPal me $400, and lets get this started.

Anyway. $30 for the CE worth it.. or should I just pick up a used copy for cheaper. There's apparently some at the Gamestop near me. Wondering whether I should pick one up.

[quote name='mis0']I can sell you some. PayPal me $400, and lets get this started.

Anyway. $30 for the CE worth it.. or should I just pick up a used copy for cheaper. There's apparently some at the Gamestop near me. Wondering whether I should pick one up.[/QUOTE]

Do you care if the game is complete? If not, I have two copies of this for the PS3 that I scored from the Hollywood Video $5 sale. They're only in a black rental case with the Hollywood Video coverart and no manual, but it should be fairly easy to get ahold of a spare case/manual/coverart.

Hell. I asked the one Gamestop around here every time I was going in if they had any 'spare PS3 cases' I could get and they gave me between 3 and 10 every time I asked. Of course, I only asked a couple times cuz I didn't wanna press my luck.

Funny thing is, the cases almost all had the coverart and manuals for the game that was SUPPOSED to go into each case(a couple GTAIV's, a bunch of Madden 09's, some NCAA Football 09s and some Need For Speed Pro Streets).

[quote name='smiggity']Where can I purchase helicopters and planes????[/QUOTE]

Boats too. I have all the houses but no good vehicles:cry:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Do you care if the game is complete? If not, I have two copies of this for the PS3 that I scored from the Hollywood Video $5 sale. They're only in a black rental case with the Hollywood Video coverart and no manual, but it should be fairly easy to get ahold of a spare case/manual/coverart.

Hell. I asked the one Gamestop around here every time I was going in if they had any 'spare PS3 cases' I could get and they gave me between 3 and 10 every time I asked. Of course, I only asked a couple times cuz I didn't wanna press my luck.

Funny thing is, the cases almost all had the coverart and manuals for the game that was SUPPOSED to go into each case(a couple GTAIV's, a bunch of Madden 09's, some NCAA Football 09s and some Need For Speed Pro Streets).[/QUOTE]

Man.. if I had read this thread a little earlier. Haha.

Just went to pick up the CE from Gamestop. Got a sealed copy for ~$10 after using my old ass Gamestop credit. The girlfriend really likes the included usb drive.. she thinks it looks like lipstick.

I might actually play this game next instead of putting it in my backlog.. just because I heard so many good things about.

[quote name='smiggity']Boats too. I have all the houses but no good vehicles:cry:[/QUOTE]
You get an Oppressor for completing a certain Samedi mission. That's the best helicopter which can transport more than two people. You can also find police versions next to an unflyable 747 behind the airport terminal.

Can find learjets in the airport hanger you can purchase. Also if you stand at the cross section of the two runways and pan your vision around when it's daytime and clear skies a variety of planes will start landing. Get in front of them and jack them. Some planes can also be found near one of the unpurchasable hangers near the end of one of the runways.

A Tornado attack helicopter can be periodically found on the roof of the police station in the Saint's row District. But it will take an hour or two of running from outside the front door of the police station, to the roof and back down until it appears. Then when one is finally up there you get 3+ stars as soon as you take it so you have to make a fast landing at a helipad to prevent being shot down, make sure your helicopter garage is not full before attempting. If you don't want to deal with that aggravation you get a Tornado for completing the last story mission of the game.

===
On the South portion of the north most island on the left side near a friendly fire is a shop which sells boats I believe there's also one at the Northeast tip of the city. A lot of the piers have boats tied up to them too. A surefire place to find them is on the docks of the island with the Nuclear plant. Once you have a jetski or Miami you can search the waters between the University dock, Nuclear Island, and the prison island for larger, slower ships. Get in front of them, dive off the boat, and jump on them as they come close to running you over; or try shooting the drivers with a sub-machine gun. If you have a Tornado helicopter hit the bigger boats with a rocket to kill the driver then bail out and jack it.

Do keep in mind the larger boats are pretty hard to dock at the University dock. Best to attempt to stow those at the dock closest to the prison island that you can drive straight into.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mis0']Man.. if I had read this thread a little earlier. Haha.

Just went to pick up the CE from Gamestop. Got a sealed copy for ~$10 after using my old ass Gamestop credit. The girlfriend really likes the included usb drive.. she thinks it looks like lipstick.

I might actually play this game next instead of putting it in my backlog.. just because I heard so many good things about.[/QUOTE]

It's better than GTAIV, if you ask me, lotsa stuff to do in it between missions.

Actually, I believe you HAVE to do side missions and other stuff to gain 'respect' to get enough to play another mission.

Another one to try is The Godfather for PS3. If you have a Dual Shock 3, you get to feel your enemies 'pulse' as it weakens when you're strangling them.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It's better than GTAIV, if you ask me, lotsa stuff to do in it between missions.

Actually, I believe you HAVE to do side missions and other stuff to gain 'respect' to get enough to play another mission.

Another one to try is The Godfather for PS3. If you have a Dual Shock 3, you get to feel your enemies 'pulse' as it weakens when you're strangling them.[/QUOTE]

Not just "stuff" to do... but FUN stuff to do... I love that Bodyguard game you can play having to protect the star.... omg! I had heard about HAVING to do the side missions to be allowed to play through missions and I thought that it was going to be a hinderance, however its good because the games they set up for you are fun, and it helps you get more out of the game. Plus you can level up your Respect - multiple times - x's 1, 3, etc. So you can run a couple of missions consecutively. [I'm saying this like you don't already know!] Anyway, I agree with you.. the game is better than GTA.

Yep, the perks you get for completing sidequests, like better guns, infinite sprint, and especially infinite ammo for most of the weapon types make playing the main quest a lot more enjoyable.

[quote name='guardian_owl']
Oh, and make sure to spend some time tinkering with the cars at the mechanics shops, I got through about 70% of the game before I realized I could upgrade and customize vehicles.

[/QUOTE]

Just wait until you get the BEAR and customize it. I put huge 28"(?) rims on it, with kneecappers, a bad ass paint job, and full upgrades. It's incredible.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Just wait until you get the BEAR and customize it. I put huge 28"(?) rims on it, with kneecappers, a bad ass paint job, and full upgrades. It's incredible.[/QUOTE]
Oh ya, the Bear is a great assault vehicle. Tough as nails, mounted machine gun, and room for your full crew. With the nitrous and front bumper mods you'll be blowing through cars in your way like a hot knife through butter :lol:.

I'm just sad there is no mechanics shop to tinker with the styling, color, etc. of planes, helicopters, and boats.

I rented this around when it came out but got too addicted to FIFA 09 to care about it and just now picked it up.. I have to say I sort of judged it the first time I saw it..seemed like it was a bit over the top with the "gangsta" crap but overall it's not that bad.

It is everything GTAIV should have been, the missions are all entertaining and fun, the city is more varied, planes, sky diving, streaking, all the different activities and side things.. amazingly fun. The only real downside is the graphics.. not great but easily forgivable.

The only thing I think GTA did better was cabs, it's alot easier to get in any then it is to call and wait.. but it's not that big of a deal.. I only wish it had trophies, since it's perfect with all the different things and activities.. oh well.

Picked the CE up from Best Buy yesterday for $20. Was thinking of starting it soon but wondering if I should wait for a possible (although highly unlikely) trophy patch.

Is there any hope of trophies?

[quote name='natureboy46']Picked the CE up from Best Buy yesterday for $20. Was thinking of starting it soon but wondering if I should wait for a possible (although highly unlikely) trophy patch.

Is there any hope of trophies?[/QUOTE]
Nope, Volition definitely said there will not be a trophy patch.

FYI, I went ahead and started that DLC gameshare group if anyone is interested
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6229087

[quote name='guardian_owl']Nope, Volition definitely said there will not be a trophy patch.

FYI, I went ahead and started that DLC gameshare group if anyone is interested
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6229087[/QUOTE]

Oh, okay. Disappointing that there's no trophy patch (especially as they went to the trouble of making DLC) but life goes on.

I actually just started my other bargain buy, Mercenaries 2, and I'm pleasantly surprised so far.

Not everything needs a trophy, if that is what you were getting at.
cagus.smile.jpg

bread's done
Back