Saints Row IV - Game of the Generation Edition *In Stock* do it for cheapy!

GeorgeCostanza

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
This one is super limited so this may be your last chance.  They said they were going to release a few more copies and here they are.  Supposedly there are 5k of these, just not sure if that's per system.  This is in the wonderful collectors thread but thought this needed its own thread.  I know it wont last long.

Saints Row IV Generation Edition - 360 129.99 @ Amazon

Saints Row IV Generation Edition - PS3 129.99 @Amazon 

Included - 12" Dub Step gun replica; 8" Johnny Gat Memorial Statue; pocket-sized Dubstep Doomsday Button; lighted display case; velvet bag; in-game items from Commander in Chief pre-order bonus - Screaming Eagle VTOL, Uncle Sam uniform, 'Merica gun

Last edited by a moderator:
Awful lotta haters in here.
Not me. Not if the CE is good enough. The GTA IV CE was decent. It had a dufflebag, CD, artbook, keychain, lockbox with keys and the game itself for an additional $40 at $100 at launch. But it just seems like these CE's are going up and up in price and the extras most times are DLC vouchers or other digital junk for the extra money.

This one may be worth the money if the extras are decent quality. But honestly even the Skyrim CE with the Alduin statue, big thick artbook and the other added stuff was only worth it to me at $50-60 due to the meh weight on the plastic statue it came with. Although the artbook for that and the Bioshock 2 LE's were really really nice. It all comes down to perspective though.

No PC no deal.  Also that's just way too much to spend on a game for me these days.  I'll always cherish my Ultimate Vault Hunter Edition, though.  Looking forward to the game itself all the same.

Wow, didn't think this would sell out since most of those items are junk. I better order one for xbox before they sell out too.
Why? A lot of people on CAG seem more interested in rarity, than what the actual items have. So a lot of times you will see people buy freak out over a CE simply because it has a lot edition size. Some people will even buy 2 just to have 1 sealed and 1 to play with.

As a fellow jackass I have pretty must destroyed my wallet, life and room with these collector editions. With that said this one looks to have more going for it than most. There have been some real stinkers in the past and this one doesn't look to be one. I assume this will be selling in the 180-200 range upon release. Surprised the PS3 sold out first. Probably more 360 copies made available than PS3 copies I would assume.
What sense does that make? They probably made the same amount, but more fans are Sony side. Don't forget that Saints Row 2 was part of the original Instant Game Collection and Saints Row the Third was recently part of the instant game collection. With two of the four games being free with plus, I can't help but think that they sold some people on the game and those people bought the PS3 version.

Why? A lot of people on CAG seem more interested in rarity, than what the actual items have. So a lot of times you will see people buy freak out over a CE simply because it has a lot edition size. Some people will even buy 2 just to have 1 sealed and 1 to play with.
If something's actually rare and will have re-sale value, it's easier to justify the higher price in case you hate it and want to dump it.

that guy who listed 10 of them on ebay has to be a CAG. He also buys tons of the Bethesda lithos puts them up 10 at a time and now seems to be stuck with them all. Main reason they probably sell out so fast.
yes he is a cag, i know his posting id

xbox still has over 999 left... ps3 is almost always worth more/sells out first because it's region free

They had dubstep blasting and the actors reacted to being shot at by the dubstep gun. Pretty fun stunt:

9335622833_ff3d30bdee_c.jpg

wow, didn't think the ps3 version would sell out, though it's still a little bit disappointing considering there are some folks that ordered like 10 of these for the sake of reselling.  Glad i placed in my order, don't really care much for the rarity of this but Saints Row 2 won me over enough to invest in Saints Row 4, and I miss Johnny Gat

felt ripped off on last one will buy used std when $10-20 in next few months. I wont be a sucker again 1 and 2 the best all downhill from there. Butcher more content and put even more dlc out.

ps3 out of stock for me.. did it go out of stock again or did it never come back?
it comes back in , and out of stock. you will have tons of chances to get this between now. and release date. because alot of people who ordered will have their orders cancelled, becausetheir credit card bounce, due to maxing it out. I remember the last of us surivial edition was sold out, and suddenly became available one day with 500 + copies in stock at amazon after release date.

I have no idea. My years of CE collecting only started after I joined CAG, so not very experienced in rarity analysis.
Well, 5000 units is numerically fairly limited for a game that will likely sell close to the 3.8 million units that the previous game did. Having said that, the fact that there is a very similar collector's edition of the game that will be out there as well for $30 cheaper and that is being bundled with a $10 credit on Amazon makes this a harder sell for a lot of people, numerical rarity or not.

To everyone that says they don't like Saint's Row, I have to ask: What does it feel like to hate fun? Seriously.
It's not that I don't like SR per se. I actually played a ton of SR2 and SR3 and even rebought SR3 twice, once when the normal edition was $10 on clearance at Best Buy and then I had them price match the Target.com price for the GOTY/complete edition for $20.

It's just that while the game is fun while the story lasts, there's not really much to do once that's done. Mind you, my one buddy and I played some co-op for fun for a week or two on and off. But he mostly used cheats during it, so any progress on leftover side missions was a wash.

But aside from that there's NO multiplayer modes to goof around in. Hopefully they'll fix that with SRIV.

Last edited:
Just saw a stream of this, and wow, looks really bad. It is a carbon copy of the city in SRIII except with superpowers, no water or boats, no real cribs or homies, a lot of the same music, and too meta for its own good. They even said that this started off as a DLC package, and just one look at the gameplay shows you that's exactly what this should've been. 

Yeah. I can remember when I heard about it coming out as an expansion. I figured it'd be an ok expansion and I'd grab it at around $20 or so. Then THQ went belly up and I figured that was it or worse that EA would buy the SR property and make it into a yearly cash grab.

Hopefully this game isn't as unstable as some of Deep Silvers other properties like Dead Island. That game had major league freezing issues when trying to do co-op online. My one friend and I played through the story with 2 other people we didn't know at all except from the co-op and about every 2-3 hours we'd have a solid freezing issue with our systems.

Yeah. I can remember when I heard about it coming out as an expansion. I figured it'd be an ok expansion and I'd grab it at around $20 or so. Then THQ went belly up and I figured that was it or worse that EA would buy the SR property and make it into a yearly cash grab.

Hopefully this game isn't as unstable as some of Deep Silvers other properties like Dead Island. That game had major league freezing issues when trying to do co-op online. My one friend and I played through the story with 2 other people we didn't know at all except from the co-op and about every 2-3 hours we'd have a solid freezing issue with our systems.
not to mention the bug/glitches in the dead island, and they still have no fixed it in supposed expansion of dead island riptide. I still cannot believe they release a goty version for dead island. lol. luckily i bought it from bestbuy for $7.99

not to mention the bug/glitches in the dead island, and they still have no fixed it in supposed expansion of dead island riptide. I still cannot believe they release a goty version for dead island. lol. luckily i bought it from bestbuy for $7.99
I got the CE of the DI expansion Riptide using that B2G1 coupon at Target for about $20. So I'll probably keep the extras and sell the game if it's as bad as the first one. Although I just bought the original from BB with this week's B2G1 since I didn't know which other $17.99 games to get to go with GOW:A and GOW Collection.

Has anyone else preordered this at GameStop instore?  I was able to do it today, but they only required $5 down which set off my skeptical eyebrow.  I'm hesitant to cancel my Amazon order until I know I preordered the actual GotG version.  I'd much prefer to get it instore, earn rewards points and skip the shipping charge/damaged box.

Is there a way to look up an item by SKU number?  Mine says 201691.

Well, 5000 units is numerically fairly limited for a game that will likely sell close to the 3.8 million units that the previous game did. Having said that, the fact that there is a very similar collector's edition of the game that will be out there as well for $30 cheaper and that is being bundled with a $10 credit on Amazon makes this a harder sell for a lot of people, numerical rarity or not.
Bet they make more later without #'s on them to money grab more. I used to game with someone that was working the 3rd. The guy was legit but he bragged so often how they added more content then the others. He really thought 3 was the best ever he helped dev.... I told him 3 was meh when he kept asking opinion on it. I stayed on his fr for awhile but he never wanted to play since i said that. I removed him after 4-6 months but man they tink 3rd was better then any gta and other sr games. so why i wont buy right away buy when 20. My money sorry but not gonna get suckered again.

Has anyone else preordered this at GameStop instore? I was able to do it today, but they only required $5 down which set off my skeptical eyebrow. I'm hesitant to cancel my Amazon order until I know I preordered the actual GotG version. I'd much prefer to get it instore, earn rewards points and skip the shipping charge/damaged box.

Is there a way to look up an item by SKU number? Mine says 201691.
i called two gamestops, one said they are not taking it, the other said they are? what does that mean? i i think i will hold on to my amazon preorder just in case. Even after preordering in store at gs

I called GS customer support, and my instore preorder is valid with the correct SKU. She said that if a store has it in their system, it will be reserved at that store. Good luck!

How can this thing be limited to 5000 when there still up on amazon?  When I look up at my collector editions collecting dust its nice to know if some of them have any type of value or rarity.

How can this thing be limited to 5000 when there still up on amazon? When I look up at my collector editions collecting dust its nice to know if some of them have any type of value or rarity.
Simple. Because it selling out has no barring on how many are made, just how popular the item is. Even Persona 4 The Golden with an edition size of 10,000 didn't sell out in a day, two or even three. It took almost a week and even then we saw it go in / out of stock a few different times. Transversely, a lot of people were swearing that Borderlands 2 Loot Chest would be a clearance item in the future, but that sold out and went on to be fairly rare (just like the Songbird edition of BioShock). Even the LE 1,000 Kirby coin took several hours to sell out on Club Nintendo and that was a infinitely more popular series.

I just paid for the PS3 version. Strangely it was only $119.99 in store. Yet online shows $129.99. SKU for ps3 is 271415.
same here, it is $119.99 in store . $5 deposit as oppose to normally $25. my sku is 271440. lol

actually not many collectors editions are actually hard to find. In the sense, you cannot not buy it anymore . It is just hard to find it for the retail msrp price, once it becomes rare. Like ni no kuni wizards edition. There is tons of it on ebay, but it just cause atleast $200 + dollars for one.

same here, it is $119.99 in store . $5 deposit as oppose to normally $25. my sku is 271440. lol
Yeah, they told me $120 as well. Awesome possum. Canceled my Amazon preorder as $10 less + no shipping fee/release day pickup + DLC is a no brainer. So glad I asked!

Yeah, they told me $120 as well. Awesome possum. Canceled my Amazon preorder as $10 less + no shipping fee/release day pickup + DLC is a no brainer. So glad I asked!
no to mention only $5 preorder deposit. so no harm in that. If you no longer want it you can cancel. The manager who did the transaction was surprise at the only $5 deposit, instead of the $25. He say "i guess it is $5" then. lol

You might want to double check your pre-order with that store. SKU 271415 is the Wub Wub Edition, not the Game of the Generation.
You are right sorry. I had cancelled my wub wub to change to the other own same ticket. 271440 is the Generation Ed. It's right on my receipt lol. I just quoted the wrong line when I first wrote that.

bread's done
Back