Saints Row IV - Game of the Generation Edition *In Stock* do it for cheapy!

GeorgeCostanza

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
This one is super limited so this may be your last chance.  They said they were going to release a few more copies and here they are.  Supposedly there are 5k of these, just not sure if that's per system.  This is in the wonderful collectors thread but thought this needed its own thread.  I know it wont last long.

Saints Row IV Generation Edition - 360 129.99 @ Amazon

Saints Row IV Generation Edition - PS3 129.99 @Amazon 

Included - 12" Dub Step gun replica; 8" Johnny Gat Memorial Statue; pocket-sized Dubstep Doomsday Button; lighted display case; velvet bag; in-game items from Commander in Chief pre-order bonus - Screaming Eagle VTOL, Uncle Sam uniform, 'Merica gun

Last edited by a moderator:
You are right sorry. I had cancelled my wub wub to change to the other own same ticket. 271440 is the Generation Ed. It's right on my receipt lol. I just quoted the wrong line when I first wrote that.
did you preorder the ps3 or xbox 360 edition?

I must be lucky I never seem to have any interest in these special editions.I never really see anything that useful in these special editions.I sure save a lot of money being that way and just buying the regular editions or waithing for them to drop to $20-$30.

I guess I am a Cheap Ass Gamer

I must be lucky I never seem to have any interest in these special editions.I never really see anything that useful in these special editions.I sure save a lot of money being that way and just buying the regular editions or waithing for them to drop to $20-$30.

I guess I am a Cheap Ass Gamer
well, someone is gotta buy them at msrp price. Otherwise, you will never have the chance to buy them at $20-30, because developer/ publishers will never produce them. plus. i am using my trade in credit to buy it, not real cash.

saints row iv commander in chief edition unboxing

ps3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oTjelW7cxI

xbox 360 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTXxHs59oRo

The store I went to wouldn't let me preorder in store without paying in full. I will try a different one later.

Honestly, this one I can let go, I mean $30 ($20 at gamestop in store) for a display case, I can pass up, I'm not sure I really would want the Wub Wub Edition anyway, the extras do seem nice but, it's just $40 that can be used on MANY other games that are coming this fall. I canceled my preorder of the 360 GOTG edition.

There's only 5000 copies, but it's still available? Borderlands 2, which is probably far less popular than the Saints Row franchise, sold 50,000 copies of its $150 edition in what, a week? Actually, that was $50,000 in North America, then another 50,000 everywhere else, right? I think I might cancel this one. 

There's only 5000 copies, but it's still available? Borderlands 2, which is probably far less popular than the Saints Row franchise, sold 50,000 copies of its $150 edition in what, a week? Actually, that was $50,000 in North America, then another 50,000 everywhere else, right? I think I might cancel this one.

Borderlands is less popular than Saints Row?

I am confused on why this is still available as well. They must have sold 5000 copies by now, right?

I buy shit on here strictly because it may possibly be hard to find or rare. Also because I think the content looks kinda cool. That's the case with this one for me. I know we all have different priorities but there seems to be some cool and unique junk in there than most other collector editions.

I am confused on why this is still available as well. They must have sold 5000 copies by now, right?

I buy shit on here strictly because it may possibly be hard to find or rare. Also because I think the content looks kinda cool. That's the case with this one for me. I know we all have different priorities but there seems to be some cool and unique junk in there than most other collector editions.
I thought like you for a while, only buying stuff that I figured would end up rare or hard to find. I think that's the main reason I bought Catherine on PS3, but in the end that game ended up being completely and totally incredible besides being something unique. But most times the games I thought would be HTF ended up being so common they were worth nothing. So now I just buy stuff I genuinely want to play or that is uber cheap.

The extra content and extra items in some of these CE's are decent, but most times it's just some plastic, Chinese made statue or whatever and a slip for some in-game extras. Even for the ones that have some decent sized extras to them, these CE items just seem/feel cheap most times. For example, the Alduin statue from Skyrim CE. Yes. It's a big item. But it's also super lightweight and just feels cheap. I'm just glad I only paid $60 for that version from BB rather than $150 or whatever people paid at launch.

Last edited:

That's how I am. I wouldn't purchase collector's/limited editions otherwise. I never used to, and when I do now, I only do it if I know the item won't lose its value. The way I see it, keeping a pre-order is free, so I'll wait until a week before the game is due to come out, and if it's sold out and popular on eBay, I'll keep it. If neither are the case, then I'm canceling.

Well Gamestop is out of stock, online and in-store for now.  The rep there told me they just cut off pre-orders yesterday in-store.

The fun to play spectrum
That is truth...

Some people play GTA because they like the open world and just driving around with no objective. For people that like the story and the missions, it normally takes a GTA title a good long while before the stakes get ramped up into epic fashion. Playing Saints Row, you get those epic-styled missions in the first half hour of playing.

Saints Row is to GTA as Need for Speed is to Gran Turismo

Same genre, just different style.

Well this is a relief. I was already down for the $100 dollar edition, and I was so tempted to go the extra $30. Thankfully that temptation is gone now.

I'm just wondering, do any of you know exactly when this edition was announced and released for pre-order? All the articles I've seen were around a week and a half ago. I'm not sure when it went up for pre-order though. 

I'm just wondering, do any of you know exactly when this edition was announced and released for pre-order? All the articles I've seen were around a week and a half ago. I'm not sure when it went up for pre-order though.
It took a couple of days between the press release/coverage and when Amazon finally opened preorders. I believe Amazon went live on Monday, July 29th and the press release came out on Friday, July 26th.

Thank God for Rocksmith. I'm not even tempted by these crazy collectors editions. I'd much rather have nice guitar equipment - and there's NO chance of my guitars losing value at the prices I find them at. Of course, I have a closet full of Fender guitars, so they do take up space.

Would anyone that preordered this like to do a sort of swap? I preordered the 360 version on accident, and I would preferably like the PS3 version.

I could have sworn I pre-ordered the PS3 version but I guess it was the 360 version. I hate Amazon's stupid version/system selection system. 

i dont take it that anyone here would trade the last of us post pandemic edition for a GoG 360version will they if so pm me asap.

i dont take it that anyone here would trade the last of us post pandemic edition for a GoG 360version will they if so pm me asap.
I had the PS3 edition pre ordered but gamestop canceled it.

tumblr_mivfl5A2DW1qebj23o1_250.gif

Im still on the fence about this as I have a PS3 version ordered but about to cancel. I only want it for the collection aspect and I see scalpers on ebay are getting over $200 for some... IDK what to do

Im still on the fence about this as I have a PS3 version ordered but about to cancel. I only want it for the collection aspect and I see scalpers on ebay are getting over $200 for some... IDK what to do
No they're not. There's so many listed at a price so low that I don't see how you could even profit (after fees, shipping, gas), and only a few have sold, so I don't see this one being worth it. Ebay is usually a good indicator of demand and popularity, at least from what I've seen. If a game is selling at a point around twice MSRP, or higher, before it releases, then you can be pretty sure it'll eventually settle on a decent price that at least assures you don't lose money. With this though, I honestly think it may settle around $160 or lower (loss of money after fees and all). I had three pre-ordered and I'm canceling...

I hope that ass-hat with the 10 copies still unsold gets stuck with them! :rofl:

This is a tough one. I think it could be low because people are listing it lower for BIN. Only $5,000 made, I don't see any way it settles at $160. Even if you need to hold it for a few months I think it eventually will hit over $200.

Just being honest as I know some will flame me for this, but maybe this info will still help some of you out. There will be a good amount available right around or shortly after the release date. The reason for this are people are dumping/cancelling their pre-orders with reckless abandon including yours truly. I admit that I ordered a few of these for the PS3 with the intention of reselling a couple and hoping that those profits would basically pay off for my two copy. A truly savvy CAG member will try to get a coveted item at the lowest price possible and what better way of doing this than to get something for virtually free if possible. Yeah I know I should be ashamed, but in the end I did not put these up for auction as I simply cancelled the order and don't want this. So hopefully some of you will benefit from this or others that cancelled.

Just being honest as I know some will flame me for this, but maybe this info will still help some of you out. There will be a good amount available right around or shortly after the release date. The reason for this are people are dumping/cancelling their pre-orders with reckless abandon including yours truly. I admit that I ordered a few of these for the PS3 with the intention of reselling a couple and hoping that those profits would basically pay off for my two copy. A truly savvy CAG member will try to get a coveted item at the lowest price possible and what better way of doing this than to get something for virtually free if possible. Yeah I know I should be ashamed, but in the end I did not put these up for auction as I simply cancelled the order and don't want this. So hopefully some of you will benefit from this or others that cancelled.
There are almost always more copies of every game, even those that have sold out, available after launch. This is how I have scored countless games like kingdom hearts dream drop, last of us pandemic and survivors, borderlands loot chest, ni no kuni wizard... on and on. So nothing new there. As for you getting a couple extra copies to sell, welcome to ebay. What the hell do you think every new sealed game is there for? In the end though ebay is the winner because you really don't make as much profit as you think you are. I have two on order and plan to sell one. I think this one looks like it has enough unique pieces to were I definitely want a copy in my collection. But to each his own.

I just don't want these to tie up my credit card especially when I don't know when I will get around to playing this. There are too many great games to buy as well as that The Walking Dead season 3 collectors edition Blu Ray. I am also getting ready to get the next gen systems and those games. I may reconsider later and take your advice as I see how the game is getting very good reviews.

I pre-ordered three a few weeks back with the intent of selling two like the poster a few above.  One I got off amazon for $110 after a promo code and the others at a local Gamestop.  I have been on the fence about picking those two up, but since I am buying with store credit I decided to hang onto them for a few weeks to see how they go, and possibly return them if the values belly up.  I also missed out on a few CE pre-orders in the past few months only to walk in to a local store and take one off the shelf,  my best was a LOU PPE that I was shooting myself for not pre-ordering.  It seems like about 80% of the time if you can wait they will always drop over the next few months.  But some don't and never come back in stock which is why its impossible for me to pick up at launch unless its a brand like AC which over produces year after year.

I just don't want these to tie up my credit card especially when I don't know when I will get around to playing this. There are too many great games to buy as well as that The Walking Dead season 3 collectors edition Blu Ray. I am also getting ready to get the next gen systems and those games. I may reconsider later and take your advice as I see how the game is getting very good reviews.
I don't know if you're aware, but in case not might I mention you can get the Walking Dead Limited Edition for only $75 from gohastings.com and free shipping with code EARLYBIRD. Plus tax though if you have a Hastings B&M in your state.

I don't know if you're aware, but in case not might I mention you can get the Walking Dead Limited Edition for only $75 from gohastings.com and free shipping with code EARLBIRD. Plus tax though if you have a Hastings B&M in your state.
Thanks for this! I have pre-ordered at Amazon. Sent lower price alert and will buy from here if they don't match.

True, I do feel you on that, but I did see a few recent ones that did sell a bit higher though.http://www.ebay.com/itm/Saints-Row-IV-Emperor-Zinyaks-Game-of-the-Generation-PS3-PRE-ORDER-SHIPS-8-20-13-/181193146681?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a2ff40139 But I get ya. I actually just wanted to keep it as I am still thinking this will truly be limited to the 5K copies they claimed would be available. Oh well, guess I am stuck with it anyways as it's shipping now and Amazon has never cancelled an item Ive requested cancelled after its in that status.

Oh, looks like I was wrong, they cancelled it if anyone is interested in seeing if they list it back up! Its the PS3 version.

No they're not. There's so many listed at a price so low that I don't see how you could even profit (after fees, shipping, gas), and only a few have sold, so I don't see this one being worth it. Ebay is usually a good indicator of demand and popularity, at least from what I've seen. If a game is selling at a point around twice MSRP, or higher, before it releases, then you can be pretty sure it'll eventually settle on a decent price that at least assures you don't lose money. With this though, I honestly think it may settle around $160 or lower (loss of money after fees and all). I had three pre-ordered and I'm canceling...

I hope that ass-hat with the 10 copies still unsold gets stuck with them! :rofl:

bread's done
Back