Saints Row Official Thread (New map available for download)

[quote name='Ma12kez']
So wait, I need you to clarify something. Did Troy make up the whole thing about "your character planning to take over the gang and overthrow Julius," or was that "your character's own intention" after taking over Stillwater? Thanks in advance.
[/QUOTE]

Well, from my interpretation of the second to last cut scene (the one where Julius gets pulled over and says you're his right hand man). When your character gets off the phone with Julius, its you and a bunch of the Saint's Row thugs, your character has a smirk on his face, then one of the thugs says "just say the word." This leads me to believe that your character has intentions of taking over the Saints. Which is how I figured that if Julius is out, so is Troy. Since Troy is an undercover cop, he can't have that happen. Thus, Troy tells Julius of your character's intentions. Julius believes him BECAUSE Troy is his right hand-man, Julius acts on this information and "kills" your character.

Finished it today, after 2 marathon days with a few friends. 20+ hours. Got about 65%. Not sure if I'm up for going back and finishing the side stuff. This and Dead Rising has me burnt out.

i managed to get 1.8 million in one hit in insurance fraud

i ran into an ambulance, bounced off another car, took out a street light, and fell down a cliff into the water

was crazy

[quote name='rsigley']i managed to get 1.8 million in one hit in insurance fraud

i ran into an ambulance, bounced off another car, took out a street light, and fell down a cliff into the water

was crazy[/QUOTE]

:rofl:!!!

I wish something like that would happen to me.

I'm guessing you get more "cribs" than the initial one you start off with near the church and the large bridge? Couple questions about the contents of that hideout though:

The weapon cache inside: Exactly how are weapons stored in there? Is it if I buy a weapon in the same class (pistol, melee, rifle) the previous one I had is stored in the chest? I'm trying to figure out a way to get a nice collection.

The money: Does the money from the controlled territories that you gain each week all funnel into that one spot or do I have to go to other spots to collect each one?

And how the hell do you back out of breaking the safes? I've tried every button and nothing. Do the alarms always sound or can I break in at night and do it silently?

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I'm guessing you get more "cribs" than the initial one you start off with near the church and the large bridge? Couple questions about the contents of that hideout though:

The weapon cache inside: Exactly how are weapons stored in there? Is it if I buy a weapon in the same class (pistol, melee, rifle) the previous one I had is stored in the chest? I'm trying to figure out a way to get a nice collection.

The money: Does the money from the controlled territories that you gain each week all funnel into that one spot or do I have to go to other spots to collect each one?

And how the hell do you back out of breaking the safes? I've tried every button and nothing. Do the alarms always sound or can I break in at night and do it silently?[/QUOTE]

I've been wondering the same thing with the weapons cache.

The cas will just add up into that one safe, you start out with a max of only adding up to $2,000 then as you get other gangs territory the amount you hold goes up. Currently my safe holds $4,000 max and thats with all the vice kings area.

and to back out of the safes press down twice on the d-pad, And I think it is impossible to break into a safe at night without the alarm going off.

[quote name='mr ryles']I've been wondering the same thing with the weapons cache.

The cas will just add up into that one safe, you start out with a max of only adding up to $2,000 then as you get other gangs territory the amount you hold goes up. Currently my safe holds $4,000 max and thats with all the vice kings area.

and to back out of the safes press down twice on the d-pad, And I think it is impossible to break into a safe at night without the alarm going off.[/QUOTE]

You get more weapons as you do more missions, and more specifically as you finish the mayhem missions. By finishing the mayhem missions, I was able to get molotov cocktails, grenades, and RPGs at my crib. Not sure how I got the other ones, I got the GHDC .50, the Sheperd, the two crappy pistols, some shotgun, and both semi automatics.

As for the safe, it goes up the more territory you gain I believe. The most I was able to take out of my safe was $8,000, but it might be able to hold more?

[quote name='Roufuss']Haha, here is something interesting to do after you finish the Rollerz missions... everything is in a spoiler because the whole thing is a spoiler.
Drive around until you find a bus stop with the # for "eye and eye voodoo" on the side... dial the number, and Lin comes back to you as "Zombie Lin" with a thirst for brains :rofl:
[/QUOTE]

Nobody cares? This shit is awesome and I didn't see it mentioned on here :(

By the way, Hitman was easy as hell, I'm not sure why everyone on here thought it was so tough. I only have three hits left and then I've gotten everyone... the weapons you get from it are AWESOME, can take down people in one shot and you get a ton of ammo.

Damn, the rewards for finishing all the hitman missions are awesome, they will make the rest of the game a breeze.

I really love the rewards for doing activities. I just finished all 4 of the Snatch Acts. I got a total of like 6 cool things just from the Snatch. Very aggrevating once you hit level's 6 and up.

[quote name='pimpinc333']I really love the rewards for doing activities. I just finished all 4 of the Snatch Acts. I got a total of like 6 cool things just from the Snatch. Very aggrevating once you hit level's 6 and up.[/QUOTE]

The Rollerz Level 8 Snatch is all I have left but I keep getting my ass handed to me and getting smoked. I tried with so many different cars, so many different setups (do I get homies, do i not), and so many mad dashes once I got enough hos. My ass got smoked literally feet away from making the last dropoff.

[quote name='Fatesealer']The Rollerz Level 8 Snatch is all I have left but I keep getting my ass handed to me and getting smoked. I tried with so many different cars, so many different setups (do I get homies, do i not), and so many mad dashes once I got enough hos. My ass got smoked literally feet away from making the last dropoff.[/quote]

I did the one of the Snatch missions after I had gained all the territory from that gang, and it made it alot easier since there were homies on the street helping my out and not just the ones in my car with me.

The way I did the level 8 Rollerz snatch was head for Forgive and Forget first, after getting the hoes. This way I don't have like 4 cars ramming and shooting me. I was dying a lot on that mission as well.

[quote name='Mattte']I did the one of the Snatch missions after I had gained all the territory from that gang, and it made it alot easier since there were homies on the street helping my out and not just the ones in my car with me.[/QUOTE]

Took your advice and in ONE try, I finally got the damned Snatch finished. THANK YOU!!!

The weapons from the Hitman activities make every mission a breeze now where I can use them... a car of 4 gang members dosen't bother me when I can spray them with my platinum Uzi and kill them all in one hit.

how does the garage work? if i take out a car and then abandon it, is it gone forever? it looks like it would be.

how about if it gets blown up?

i have the carnales cars and i dont want to loose them.

[quote name='orntar']how does the garage work? if i take out a car and then abandon it, is it gone forever? it looks like it would be.

how about if it gets blown up?

i have the carnales cars and i dont want to loose them.[/QUOTE]

Cars won by beating the gang in question or beating certain activities are unique. If you lose them, they reappear in the garage. If they blow up, pay 500 to get it repaired. You CANNOT customze them at Rim Jobs OR use them for Chop Shops. Any nongang member car (aka common car) will be removed from the garage if it's taken to the Chop Shop.

In Need of some HELP

Ok so I have 71 of 75 Graffiti Tags... of the tags that don't give you instructions, you're supposed to press A the whole time... so I go to a few in downtown and the suburbs without instructions press A the whole time and they don't work... If you have the guide or look at an earlier post in this thread, it has the numbers posted... The numbers I can't tag are 2, 8, 16, and 21... Does anyone know what I have to press for these? Any help would be appreciated!

[quote name='sanjuro']
Oh yah, you guys doing the tagging missions are in for a treat. The game loves to make the spray HUD disappear after you initiate a spray(the one that gives you the directions for the tag) so you'll track down a tag and have to guess what the sequence is. It's actually doable by trial and error but it's a colossal pain in the ass. The good thing is that a lot of the time it was just a "A A A A" tag.[/quote]

NO way, I have to find it out myself, gah I tried that with no luck, does anyone remember any of these?

^^Yeah I know what you mean, it sucks

HA! When I reloaded the game, all the tags that used to be complicated became A's, so I got all the tags now

[quote name='Fatesealer']Cars won by beating the gang in question or beating certain activities are unique. If you lose them, they reappear in the garage. If they blow up, pay 500 to get it repaired. You CANNOT customze them at Rim Jobs OR use them for Chop Shops. Any nongang member car (aka common car) will be removed from the garage if it's taken to the Chop Shop.[/QUOTE]

Yea but if you take them to the Chop Shop, Customize them and leave em they will still appear back in your garage if you abandon them.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Yea but if you take them to the Chop Shop, Customize them and leave em they will still appear back in your garage if you abandon them.[/QUOTE]

The Chop Shop activity, nott the Rim Jobs garage. Usually, or I may be wrong, when you drop off a car at the Chop Shop, they are gone from your garage.

I thought as long as you park them in your garage first you can do whatever and it'll always show up back there in the condition you left it in(except if you take it to the chop shop). If it blew up you can repair it at your garage for $500.

Been playing the game for a few hours, its pretty fun. Still seems to be just another GTA clone, but there are some side-missions that are a lot more fun. My favorite so far is the insurance fraud. Nothing like throwing yourself into oncoming traffic ^_^

Does anyone know where the Bulldog is located? It's the only car left for me to 100% the chop shop missions... I heard that eventually the Saints start driving around in it, but I'm also near the end of the game (28 / 36 missions done) and they haven't started driving around in it yet.

The story mode in this game is fucking awesome.

[quote name='Roufuss']Does anyone know where the Bulldog is located? It's the only car left for me to 100% the chop shop missions... I heard that eventually the Saints start driving around in it, but I'm also near the end of the game (28 / 36 missions done) and they haven't started driving around in it yet.

The story mode in this game is fucking awesome.[/QUOTE]
Is that the Humvee? The Saints do start driving it.

Roufuss the easy solution to your problem is below. It's a VERY SMALL spoiler, but it's up to you if you want to read it.
You get all the Saints cars in your garage, the Bulldog being one of them, after 33/36

Are they modified versions though? Because the other gang cars I've gotten aren't able to be modified and the one I need, I need to modify it. If regular Saints will start driving it I'll just crank out another few missions.

I'm trying to do everything possible in single player but I'm just not feeling the racing, hijacking, and level 8 of the drug runs. Racing is kind of boring, in hijacking the cars do retarded things and take you on stupid chases, and level 8 of the drug runs is just damn hard.

I forget which one but one of the level 7 hijackings has a bulldog for the car, if you want get it then quit the activity, you've got the car

[quote name='thamaster24']I forget which one but one of the level 7 hijackings has a bulldog for the car, if you want get it then quit the activity, you've got the car[/QUOTE]

I know about that but I hate the hijacking, the chases are stupid.

Yeah they aren't that great, but you might as well do them, I finished them a couple days ago and I really don't wanna do the racing or drug stuff, but I guess I have to

You could if you've finished the Carnales missions:

Drive the unlocked Bulldog to possibly spawn some others

Hopefully in the sequel, they fix the respect bar or at least remove it after the main story is over. Kind of wasteful to have my respect bar x89 if you see what Im saying.

As I have just beat the game earlier tonight I'm in a wtf just happened mood.

You see you and the mayor and the body guards on the ship and then boom blown in half. You also see some familar people as well and just wonder what if any did they have in this. So I'm going to try and put together my theory on what I think happened and you all can add what you think as well.

Troy: He is shown looking at his police badge in disgust/drunk, as he was an undercover cop the entire time. I think he sold out Julius and the Saint's and his line "Once you are undercover for so long you start to act like them line" makes him think he regrets what he did and can no longer hold the badge or be in the Saint's. He told the police chief where to find Julius who got pulled over by the cops and took into custody. That is all I have for him right now anyway....

Alderman Hughes: He never really had Julius at all, the police chief did but he said he did because he knew you would do whatever he said to get him back. He also knew it was a way to lure you onto his boat as he wanted you dead because you are the only tie between Saints Row and the murder of his political rival Williams. Williams death put him in the lead for the mayoral race and all the crime you committed made the people support his plan to tear Saints Row down.

Johnny, and Aisha: They were shown in a bed Johnny fast asleep but Aisha was sitting up and looking at her watch... Hmm could she of possibly knew some thing was going to happen? My theory is that her role was to keep Johnny "busy" so he couldn't interfer with the plans. Also that he didn't know anything was going to happen/or had any knowlege of the plans.

Vice King: He is shown at the airport with a sad look on his face like he knew something was going down. Did he leave if so why did he come back? My theory is he came back to help Julius get set free, once they took out the chief of police then they plotted to take out Alderman Hughes so he could not go forth with his plans of tearing down the row.

Dex: Surprsingly Dex was not shown in the scene at all. Makes me wonder if he new anything was going down at all?

Donny, and that mafia chick: They were shown sad and hurt did they have anything in it? My theory is no they were just shown to show how many people YOU ticked off and hurt.

Julius: Now I come to the biggest mystery of all. Did Julius stab you in the back? He is shown in the scene looking at his watch and watching the ship then just walking off as it blows up. My theory is after King goes and helps Julius out and they kill the chief. They plot to take out Alderman Hughes because of what he wants to do to the row. Now Julius knew you were on the boat, but he also knew Hughes was, and probably had figured out what his plan was, and knew that the only way he could protect the Row was to kill Hughes, and destroying the boat was the best way to do it. In the end, he decides that its worth trading one life (your life) for the good of the entire Row.

That is if he didn't stab you in the back I also have a theory that he could of stabbed you in the back. My stab you in the back theory is the chief has Julius but Julius called Alderman Hughes and makes an agreement to let Julius go and he will deliver you to him. He then tells him to have you go and meet him on the boat and to say Julius will be there as well. That is when they can ambush him and kill him. But Julius has other plans he has the two most powerful people on the boat together as Julius realizes that you have power and can over throw him and be the leader of the Saint's so why not kill two birds with one stone? He sets the trap on the yacht gets clear and stands back and watched the boat/ his watch as he probably had a timed bomb set to when then fundrasier would start. About 10 seconds left you see him start walking and boom ship blown in half.

You: Do you survive the blast? There could be a slight chance you did as you do hear a splash as the explosion goes off. As if your guy just jumped off in time. Also if you listen closely it sounds like someone taking a breath of air. Also the splash could be debirs from the ship as well. Also it could of not been the same ship you were on. Did you notice that everyone looked to the right I think when it went off? Maybe it wasn't the same ship as well. I don't really know but I do hope you guy does survive and if they make a SR2 you can load up your guy from SR1 and go from there.

So to some it up I mostly believe:

Troy: Undercover cop, who sold out Julius and the Saint's.

Johhny: Didn't know anything was going down.

Aishia: Was in on it with Julius who executed her plan perfectly.

Vice King: Came back to help Julius and to take out you and the major.

Dex: No idea where he was but I don't think he was invloved.

Donny, and that mafia chick: Want revenge.

Julius: Stabbed you in the back and used you like a pawn.

Alderman Hughes: Dead.

You: I'm going say that you did survive as Julius set the trap on the right boat and you just barely jumped off in time. It's a long shot but I hope it's true. Feel free to add what you all think as well.

I'm going to have to agree with Graystone's theory on this one:

I think the main/your character is a cop and thats why they killed you. Troy is near a wall and it looks like he looks at a police badge in his hand then leans against the wall. I think this is why they killed you. I could be completely wrong, and see no other reason for them to kill you.
I think the ending makes more sense that way.

Ok so am i the only one playing Mp online? There are more kids hitting standby then Halo2...soo pissing me off...where is a patch..waaaaa! Between this and lag *who can kill the other team first through the lag games* its almost un-playable

I like how all of the Rollerz missions are broken / glitchy / too fucking difficult.

I have a hard time believing that they just killed off your character because you were a cop when you showed NO signs of helping out/communicating with officials at any point throughout your conquest of the city. Also, if they really didn't kill of your character, then why can't you play through all the rest of the activities after the explosion scene?

Maybe Julius saw you as a treat, and tried to kill you. Heck Julius didnt do much so everyone might start looking at you like the baddest mofo around. What is to stop you from killing him and taking over the ROW? I think ( YOU ) survive and in the next one you come back full force and take the row over and spit on Julius face for trying to kill what cant be killed.

...or maybe the makers of this game need to fess up and fucking tell us all what the deal is so we have some sort of real official answer...

[quote name='Brak']I like how all of the Rollerz missions are broken / glitchy / too fucking difficult.[/QUOTE]

Huh? They were easy, I did most of them on my first try. Explain?

They were the first missions I ever did when I got the game. If they are too difficult, just do the hitman missions, get the best weapons in the game from those (they are the rewards) and the rest of the game is a breeze.

That platinum Uzi and the platinum Riot Shotgun take cars down like nobody business, and the Golden .48 or whatever it is kills almost anybody in one shot. I did all the Hitman missions in about an hour and a half, so it dosen't take long to do those.

As for me, Im trying to finish everything in the game before on to multi (also waiting for that patch). Right now I am at 81%, I only have the last few missions to go, as well as all the racing and hijacking activities, and doing the tags and finding CDs.

I know I said earlier the Drug Trafficing missions were hard, but once you own everything and have homies on every corner with AK's, they are easy as hell. The rewards are kind of useless at that point, though.

[quote name='Brak']I like how all of the Rollerz missions are broken / glitchy / too fucking difficult.[/QUOTE]
This is how I felt. Driving while shooting missions are teh suck.

[quote name='jasonlives13']I'm going to have to agree with Graystone's theory on this one:

I think the main/your character is a cop and thats why they killed you. Troy is near a wall and it looks like he looks at a police badge in his hand then leans against the wall. I think this is why they killed you. I could be completely wrong, and see no other reason for them to kill you.
I think the ending makes more sense that way.[/QUOTE]

In the manual it tells you that the undercover cop is a smoker. Troy is the only smoker. Plus the name of the article is "Trojan Horse", which if I remember correctly, is the name of one of Troy's missions.

[quote name='Roufuss']Huh? They were easy, I did most of them on my first try. Explain?[/QUOTE]
Ok.

The mission where you had to chase Price while he was in the semi-truck... Rollers kept ramming me from behind (as we all know, cars who chase after you go faster than you, for whatever reason), and would FIRE! me off the side of the high way. It happened five or six times, as if killing Price without getting your car blown up was hard enough (and when it does blow up, you can't fucking catch up in time).

The Rollerz missions I had hard times with were because of flukes. I'd dive out of my burning car, and the screen would fade black, and I'd reappear as being BUSTED... yet standing, and able to move.

And when you pack a car full of "homies", it's a burden. They hardly do shit, and when your car is ready to explode, you can't get out quick enough, because (sometimes) you have to wait for whatever homie is in the passenger seat to get out first.

It takes three hours to drive to each mission point, which is ass... driving while shooting feels like anal warts... mix the two together, while dying / getting busted over stupid horseshit, and it's enough for me to rip my fucking hair out.

These flukes add up.

zewone you are 100% correct.

*Spoilers*

I came to that conclusion when I read the manual, one of the missions were Trojan horse, he was the only smoker, and how do you think he knew some of the stuff he said. Like when the rollers were coming after Saint's row to burn it to the ground. Your main guy was not a cop no fucking way he was a nobody to start with and knew nothing. Also with the badge at the end it's a dead give away that Troy was an undercover cop.

Bravo on the ending not saving your progress. :applause:

Now I have to kill Price all over again.

[quote name='Brak']Ok.

The mission where you had to chase Price while he was in the semi-truck... Rollers kept ramming me from behind (as we all know, cars who chase after you go faster than you, for whatever reason), and would FIRE! me off the side of the high way. It happened five or six times, as if killing Price without getting your car blown up was hard enough (and when it does blow up, you can't fucking catch up in time).

The Rollerz missions I had hard times with were because of flukes. I'd dive out of my burning car, and the screen would fade black, and I'd reappear as being BUSTED... yet standing, and able to move.

And when you pack a car full of "homies", it's a burden. They hardly do shit, and when your car is ready to explode, you can't get out quick enough, because (sometimes) you have to wait for whatever homie is in the passenger seat to get out first.

It takes three hours to drive to each mission point, which is ass... driving while shooting feels like anal warts... mix the two together, while dying / getting busted over stupid horseshit, and it's enough for me to rip my fucking hair out.

These flukes add up.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how far you are, but near the end the homies are awesome... they come with riot shotguns and AK's are pretty helpful. They were awesome during the drug trafficing I just finished.

If you don't want to drive to the mission points, just use a taxi. There is usually a store close to a mission.

I've never had that happen with diving out, fading to black, and being busted, though.

I wish I had some more advice on the mission, but I finished it my first try, I guess I just got lucky.

Right now I'm trying to find all the CD's and Tags... even with the map I printed it's still a pain in the ass. I just got the achievement for professional thief though, so that's good. Just need the one for 1 million dollars, racing, hijacking, hostages, cds, and tags and I'm 100% done with the single player.

What do you have to do to get the professional thief achievement?

And out of all the activities, what would you suggest to be the best one to finish up first? Or is it better to make some headway with a few of the other gang missions?

I'm still working on Vice Kings missions exclusively.

bread's done
Back