Saints Row Reviews

This was a very rare case of me preordering something that I normally wouldn't be too sure about.

I couldn't care less about the ratings as long as it's a capable GTA clone (seems like it from the demo), there's plenty of customizable stuff for your character, and the online is competent.

I thought demo was horrible boring , the real game better have Blood , better sound effects and music to do anything.

that's rather low. I think many people will dock it for lacking originality. But the fact remains that no game has tried to copy the GTA formula and do it right (except maybe mafia for PC to some extent).

I'd take off a point just for having a stupid "gangstah" theme and throwing it out there loudly.

[quote name='1DER']Looks like they released the review too early, it seems to be gone now.[/QUOTE]

Right on the money! In the GT forums it was mentioned that it got released earlier than it should have.

A total GTA clone but I thought the waypoints, targeting system and physics added alot to the game. Overall the gameplay was pretty good but the cutscenes were laughable.

Scoring it in the 80s sounds about right to me.

[quote name='OGHowie']A total GTA clone but I thought the waypoints, targeting system and physics added alot to the game. Overall the gameplay was pretty good but the cutscenes were laughable.

Scoring it in the 80s sounds about right to me.[/QUOTE]

The physics are definetly the one aspect that is superior to GTA.

[quote name='OGHowie']A total GTA clone but I thought the waypoints, targeting system and physics added alot to the game. Overall the gameplay was pretty good but the cutscenes were laughable.

Scoring it in the 80s sounds about right to me.[/quote]

There were waypoints in GTA:SA.. you could mark the place on the map but it didn't have arrows or anything.. you just kinda drove towards the dot.

Looks like Gamestop/EB Games will have a free download clothing pack available in store at the 360 kiosk.

To claim your free clothing pack simply take your Xbox 360 memory unit into any participating GameStop or EB Games locations and download the clothing pack at the Microsoft Xbox 360 demo kiosk.

*Clothing pack content can only be downloaded for free by GameStop and EB Games customers in the store. Content will be charged at a premium price if downloaded online through Marketplace. Free clothing pack content available no earlier than September 15, 2006. Date subject to change without notice. Promotion may end without notice.

it's plan and simple, GTA's Gameplay has always been somewhat subpar in the control area, but made up with it by immersiveness. This game gets both elements down

Gamespot said they will be doing an 8 hour live review this Saturday just like they did with Madden and Oblivion. No times were mentioned only "around 10 AM".

[quote name='help1']CAn someone host the review? Filefront wont let me download it...[/QUOTE]

Try it again, I couldn't get any speed yesterday from the server and it keep freezing up on me. Tried again tonight and it zipped along really quickly.

Just finished the demo. I actually had a lot of fun. I didn't even do much exploring, I finished the missions one after another. The little trail guides on the map made everything soooooo much easier. One of the things that turned me off of Vice City and San Andreas, was the size. Yes, I loved how HUGE the map was, but it was a double edged sword. I didn't want to put in the time to remember the cities (for the most part) to the point where I could travel without the map like I did with GTA III. With Saints, this will make it alot easier for me to just play at my leisure, and not have to struggle with finding a certain point or remembering the entire map. I'll probably pick it up on Tuesday using my GR credit.

The Gamerankings average climbs ever higher, up to 88% now. Looks like this one is a winner.

I'm expecting Gamespot to drag it down a bit with a high-seven/low-eight score, but it definitely seems like a worthy buy to me....I just hope Outpost ships my copy within the next couple days.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']So...does the game suck or not?

Do the graphics still tear or is that fixed?[/quote]

Still tears, still awesome. If you liked the demo, buy the damned thing, dammit.

This is just my opinion..

LIKES---------------------------------------
Totally customize character
-clothing
-Face
-tattos
-Jewelry Ect..

Customize Rides-
-Put wheels and make it like you want it. Save it in you garage and when you go to a mission that you can use your car youll still have it in your garage. Plus you can store a bunch of cars there as well.

Music You can buy it and make a playlist.

The money that accumilates per day is in the safe house. you dont have to go around town chasing the money.

Fun games online like protect the PIMP, and Bling the ride, There is more but the server kept crashing.

DONT LIKE---------------------------------
Looking for cars for the chop shop pass one, since im going too fast, sometimes ill turn the car around and the car is gone....

The nitrous button-- click in the right thumbstick so you have to let go of the gas in order to press it. To use hydrolics. have to click in the left thumbstick then play with the right one. Sometimes you forget and hit the juice when you dont mean to.

The online sever im guessing are messed up and hope they fix it good fun games online as well.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would buy the game if you like the GTA style game there is just so much you can do from Drug runs, to insurance fraud, hold ups, hostage, hijacks, plus more....

bread's done
Back