Sale on psn,wii, and microsoft points at Target

Too bad with taxes, there are minimal savings.

edit: my bad! you guys are right, there are some stores that don't charge taxes. i have encountered others that do in the past. That's a decent deal!

[quote name='leesiulung']Too bad with taxes, there are minimal savings.[/QUOTE]

Not sure about the others, but 360 points are tax free.

[quote name='dlosnkl']in the flyer for 4/18-4/25 they have the points on sale for $17[/QUOTE]

Not bad... not bad at all...

Hmm. I think I have always been taxed on cards. I know CC used to. Not sure if I remember getting taxed at target? K-Mart taxed me. That's why I mostly buy from Amazon anyway.

1 thing I like better about the Xbox Live store over PSN is there's no tax when you buy games and stuff on Live. I don't get why Sony charges tax for downloads on PSN...

[quote name='bh47']1 thing I like better about the Xbox Live store over PSN is there's no tax when you buy games and stuff on Live. I don't get why Sony charges tax for downloads on PSN...[/QUOTE]
Change the state in your profile to one that doesn't have tax. Problem solved.

A target near me actually clearanced their Wii Points Cards recently. I managed to snag three of them at $9.99 (aka half off... yes 2000 point cards).

[quote name='shagrath']change the state in your profile to one that doesn't have tax. Problem solved.[/quote]

+1

[quote name='bh47']1 thing I like better about the Xbox Live store over PSN is there's no tax when you buy games and stuff on Live. I don't get why Sony charges tax for downloads on PSN...[/QUOTE]

I've never been charged tax on PSN. I mean if a game is 10 bucks on PSN, I pay 10 bucks... and I live in Michigan. We have sales tax here. Dunno if that matters.

[quote name='Shagrath']Change the state in your profile to one that doesn't have tax. Problem solved.[/QUOTE]

good idea, that would have saved me money when i got some stuff off of itunes which charged me tax :(

[quote name='Shagrath']Change the state in your profile to one that doesn't have tax. Problem solved.[/QUOTE]

Does this really work? If so, what state is best? I'm in NY...

I didn't know PSN charged taxes at all... that is lame.

New Hampshire isnt far ura.

I was pretty upset here in Michigan when I found out I was being charged tax for MS point cards at Walmart and Meijer, I might have to check this out, I only ever buy points when they're on sale anyway.

long time member first time poster here.

over at a walmart here in SoCal if you buy a "regular" MS point card you don't get charged tax....yet if you buy the same amount in points but it happens to be branded with modern warfare 2 or halo odst you DO get charged tax. weird huh?

[quote name='dallow']3 dollar savings?

Nah.[/QUOTE]

It's 15% off.

Definitely a better deal for the psn cards than the others IMO...and definitely doesn't touch the 10 off 20 kmart shenanigans.

[quote name='xrayzwei']:whee:never tax on cards!:whee:[/QUOTE]

Maybe not now. When Best Buy had those $5 off $20 video game coupons on their gift cards, they ALWAYS charged tax on MS points cards. The last time I bought a 1600 point card at TRU about a year ago I was charged tax as well.

Just to clear things up, when my target had a sale on the cards a while back they then charged tax on them. If they werent on sale there was no tax charged...either way being on sale with tax is still cheaper.

The old retail package of MS points would get taxed. But the activate-at-register cards do not get taxed.

[quote name='brighenne']California doesn't get charged tax.[/QUOTE]

I googled an address in CA, copied it in my info, and almost **** my pants when I saw it worked on TMNT ... thanks :D

Target used to have the $20 LIVE point cards on sale for $15 pretty regularly. I stocked up quite a few times that way, but it's been a while now. $3 savings is better than nothing, but I've been spoiled by the previous sales.

Thanks for the tip. I was thinking that if I buy PSN cards and get taxed, AND then PSN taxes me again for a download, I'm paying tax 2x!!! :bomb:

My psn address is Nike headquarters in oregon. No tax.
Of course your billing address will be your correct address that matches your credit card.

PSN cards in CA do not get charged tax. Bought them from bestbuy target and gamestop before. Just wish there was an easy way to get euro PSN cards.

So is it $17 for a $20 PSN card?

[quote name='bludd']The psn points are usually $20?[/QUOTE]

There's no such thing as PSN points... The PSN cards are funds, if you buy the $20 cards, you're getting $20 for PSN. All of the purchases are in $, it's not a point system.

In this case, if you're buying TWO $20 cards, then you're paying $34, which means you're getting $6 free and if you're in a PSN sharing group, that's SIX $4.99 games (6 pennies leftover) or THREE $9.99 games (3 penny leftover). And since you're in a group, the 6 pennies in the $4.99 becomes 30 cents, the 3 penny in the $9.99 becomes 15 cents.

Thanks OP for the heads up, need to get few...

I'll be happy if Amazon matches this while the sale's going on. They've been matching a number of items from the Target and BB ads.

Jeez... Why does the same thing come up over and over? The PSN does not charge tax, and when it does it's because certain states require it. Just like everything else. Furthermore, any type of game specific card bought from a retail store will not be charged tax if you do not live in one of those areas. Now, that doesn't mean Target won't charge tax, putting them "on sale" would allow them to do this just to cover some of the lost funds. Now, if I only had a nickel for every time I saw this question asked...

The local Targets I go to in Dallas have been having the Wii points on clearance for $13.98 each. Hope this helps anyone looking for cheap Wii points

I Just gotta say on that California thing damn that's an amazing deal. Out of all the times I downloaded stuff think off all the extra money i was losing. Thanks whoever said that! That should be permanently stickied on the top of the deal thread somewhere

bread's done
Back