Samurai Shodown Anthology coming to the PSP; KoF Orochi Saga releasing 10/28?

Cao Cao

CAGiversary!
http://www.pspfanboy.com/2008/02/25/gdc08-snk-shows-off-some-psp-fighter-anthologies

GameSpot posted their video of SNK's booth at GDC. The SNK rep goes through quite a few collection games, and when he gets to Samurai Shodown Anthology, he mentions that it is also coming out on "PS2, PSP, and Wii in Q4." It will contain seven SamSho games, from Samurai Shodown 1 all the way to Samurai Shodown 6

Also, a tidbit from the video:
- The King of Fighters Collection: The Orochi Saga, which is also coming to the PSP, will span from KOF '94 to KOF '98. "Early Q4" release date.

EDIT: Looked around a bit and found this gallery of pictures taken at the SNK booth, the Samurai Shodown boxes are on the third page, and there is a PSP box there:
http://www.snk-capcom.com/gallery/SNKGDC2008?page=1

I hope it has better loading than Metal Slug Anthology. I might go with the PSP version if it loads quick and has the same content as the PS2 version.

Nice, it also looks as though the King of Fighters collection for PSP will include the first five ('94-98) KOF titles and not just 95-97. I hope they make another after this. I'll definitely get all of the Metal Slug (I'm aware it's been out for a while but never got the chance to get it yet), King of Fighters, and Samurai Showdown collections. Not too sure about Arcade Classics but it will have games that are exclusive to that collection so I may get it as well.

After SamShoV on the Xbox, I'm hesitant to pick this up right away. If it comes out with that nice $20 price tag, I might just pick it up to support SNK.

I love how these games always wind up with $15 pricetags at places like Amazon. Then you can get both the PS2 and PSP version for one game's MSRP. I did that with Metal Slug and will do the same for the KOF collection and Samsho Anthology

I heard this compilation is going to have all 7 2-d Samurai Shodown games!
I already own 1-4 but this is most excellent news. Anyone who doesn't buy this is missing out big time.

I'm just waiting for a pre-order and official release date...I'm on this like white on rice regardless. I haven't played SamSho2 in the longest time...

I wouldn't expect online play from these compilations but you never know. Most likely a no. Do you guys think these collections will sell really well (especially now that the PSP is doing a lot better and more people, even those that weren't all that interested in one earlier, are now buying one)?

I would suspect so but I'm wondering just how well because I want to see some Fatal Fury collections for the PSP as well and hopefully even Mark of The Wolves gets released on one of them.

yep, mines on the way also. can't wait
AAA.gif

[quote name='depascal22']I wonder why the PSP version of Orochi Saga is more expensive? I hope they put a bonus video or something in that.[/QUOTE]

Probably more of a marketing move than anything else. The PSP and Wii are both current consoles, while the PS2 is a last-gen console, thus they figure that people would want to pay less for the PS2 game.

Also, Toys R' Us' web site has the PSP version listed for $19.99, but it's listed as "backordered":
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3317068

They'll probably change it later on when they actually get some copies in, but if they don't, then this might be a good option for those who want the PSP version.

bread's done
Back