Samurai Shodown Anthology (PS2) 14.99 at Amazon

Came home to an Amazon box with it in it. I've been waiting so long for this. In fact, too long. I've kind of lost interest. I popped it into my PS3 and picked SSVI. This is like Alpha 3 only not as balanced. I love all the characters to choose from. However, it seems unpolished. And cripes, one hit or throw can take off 50% of one's life bar. And what is up with that U.S. dude in the red, white and blue Speedo? (I thought he was a chick at first.) The whole package shows no love at all, not to mention the removal of the promised SSVS. If they were not going to add it, they could have released it much earlier than now, like before all the Street Fighter hoopla. If this came out with all the games (including SSIVS and maybe the RPG) and online play a few years ago, they could have charged $50 for it and done well. Now it's a below budget title. Not good for a once highly respected franchise. Hopefully SNKP has a new hi-res Sam Sho in the works.

I just picked up my reserved copy from the Game Crazy I work at as well. It really is only $12.99, I was really shocked. My copy was the only one we got in at my store and I bet it is the only one we will ever see.

My pre-order from Best Buy is slated to ship Monday.
And Gamestop STILL claims that this game is not being made for the PS2. It's funny as shit..."no, amazon is wrong. The game was cancelled."

[quote name='unclenebber']Rollo, is that Gamecrazy's normal price for the game, or are you an MVP?[/quote]

Yes sir....I was surprised when I originally reserved it.....what a deal.

[quote name='Pasco']Came home to an Amazon box with it in it. I've been waiting so long for this. In fact, too long. I've kind of lost interest. I popped it into my PS3 and picked SSVI. This is like Alpha 3 only not as balanced. I love all the characters to choose from. However, it seems unpolished. And cripes, one hit or throw can take off 50% of one's life bar. And what is up with that U.S. dude in the red, white and blue Speedo? (I thought he was a chick at first.) The whole package shows no love at all, not to mention the removal of the promised SSVS. If they were not going to add it, they could have released it much earlier than now, like before all the Street Fighter hoopla. If this came out with all the games (including SSIVS and maybe the RPG) and online play a few years ago, they could have charged $50 for it and done well. Now it's a below budget title. Not good for a once highly respected franchise. Hopefully SNKP has a new hi-res Sam Sho in the works.[/quote]

How are the controls with PS3 dualshock 3? Are you able to make all the super moves with ease? I am still on the fence on jumping on the game, I need some more reviews.

playstation 1 and 2 can't do neo fighters justice lol
the saturn was even better than the ps2 at 2-d fighting

If your PS3 is backwards compatible it should work. I have a 80GB PS3 and it's backwards compatible. 4 USB ports is an easy way to know.

I'm thinking about picking this up too. I might wait for God of War III to ship so I can put the $10 credit on it.

thank you so much op
i've been trying to get this game on ps2 forever but the ebay prices are just ridiculous. i've also had this game on alert at gamefly but apparently it's getting very hard to fine. for me the game will be 20 bucks but well worth it.

[quote name='gshell']thank you so much op
i've been trying to get this game on ps2 forever but the ebay prices are just ridiculous. i've also had this game on alert at gamefly but apparently it's getting very hard to fine. for me the game will be 20 bucks but well worth it.[/QUOTE]
Maybe I missed the joke, but it's been $15 for a year now. :D
This thread is ancient, and I posted it in when it was last up.

awesome, thanks! i am so glad they re-released this. i was kicking myself for not acting on this when it was released a year ago.

and the ebay prices were totally ridiculous for the ps2 version.

[quote name='musicman65000']Question...why wouldn't you get the Wii version instead of the PS2 version? Is the PS2 version better?[/QUOTE]

No, but, the basic controller is better than any Wii one.

I ordered the TvC stick (which Mad Catz is taking an extremely long time to get to me), so I would get the Wii version for myself.

Actually, I would think the Wii version would be better because the Wii has a little more power for loading times.

bread's done
Back