San Diego Comic-Con International - ALL DAYS SOLD OUT!

MarkMan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Get hyped! CAG, who is attending? The biggest convention and geek fest of it's kind!

I'll be there as always, this will be my 17th year going since I was a youngin...

More information here:

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/

4 day memberships are now sold out online... no 4 day passes will be sold at the door.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nassaeius obsol']Only 4% left.
there are some booths that will stamp or punch your badge, with this punch or stamp you can no longer purchase the item. If the booth has several limited items, be sure to purchase what you want at the same time. Because if you go back later to purchase another limited item you will not be able to make the purchase if you have the stamp or hole on your badge.[/quote]

That sucks. That is why I do not normally buy a multiple day pass. You are better off buying individual days, so you can buy multiples of the same exclusives.

I got my tickets for Friday...I live in OC this is going to be my first time attending. A friend of mine who attended the show before suggested I leave at 5am!? Does it seriously get that bad? I was hoping to leave at 9am.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I got my tickets for Friday...I live in OC this is going to be my first time attending. A friend of mine who attended the show before suggested I leave at 5am!? Does it seriously get that bad? I was hoping to leave at 9am.[/quote]

If you want good parking (parking at the convention center/near it)

I suggest getting there before 7 am.

Good luck.

I usually arrive around 630 am~ish.

[quote name='MarkMan']If you want good parking (parking at the convention center/near it)

Good luck.

I usually arrive around 630 am~ish.[/quote]

Thanks...so are the lines not that bad at this time?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Thanks...so are the lines not that bad at this time?[/quote]

very sad to say, that the lines are ALWAYS bad now for SDCC. It's been bad for about 5 years now. It wasn't so bad back in the day ;(

[quote name='MarkMan']If you want good parking (parking at the convention center/near it)

Good luck.

I usually arrive around 630 am~ish.[/quote]
How are the lines to get in? I will be walking to the convention center, and I'm trying to get an idea of when my ass needs to be moving.

On the first day, before the exhibit hall opens there will be a line forming and filling up the sail pavilion area and area above the mezzanine area. Once the exhibit hall opens the crowd will file in through the upstairs entrance from the back of the exhibit hall (near the mezzanine level).

930 AM everyday.

6 PM on preview night.

Is there a way to avoid the line if you already have a pass from preview night? Or do you have to stand in line like everyone else?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the long-ass lines were for those buying tix at the door, yes? That's what I experienced in '06. Those who pre-bought didn't have a line, or at least as bad of one.

and they're not selling tix at the door this year.

There is still a line to get in on the first day. Just like last year. There was a line that looped across the top floor and inside the sail pavilion.

That's probably going to be the only line.

Did you guys see how much badges are going for on Craigs List? Ppl actually willing to pay that much.

I may have to sell a bunch of mine off! lol.

The line to get in isn't that bad though.... it looks long but there's plenty of room inside the convention center. This isn't Disneyland where two roller coaster cars at a time come up to the entrance and then people get on and the line stops again.

I saw a saturday only ticket going for over $100 on ebay a week or two ago. This is going to be like a concert where people buy tickets just to scalp them later.

Markman: Do you host your room for a company or do you just rent space or what?

has anyone volunteered before?
i mean i registered online and got my confirmation.
do i still have to wait in that giant ass line for volunteers?

Bring cash. The major places that sell exclusives will take card. But for deals and stuff on the side, some places only take cash ;(

[quote name='MarkMan']Bring cash. The major places that sell exclusives will take card. But for deals and stuff on the side, some places only take cash ;([/quote]

Alrighty then...thanks. I'm sure they have ATM's there right.

[quote name='Furashu']has anyone volunteered before?
i mean i registered online and got my confirmation.
do i still have to wait in that giant ass line for volunteers?[/QUOTE]

I volunteered two days my first time two years ago and that giant ass line was indeed the worst part, so much so that I ended up paying for Saturday and Sunday and thus paid just about as much as if I'd bought a 4 day membership beforehand.

I don't know how bad the volunteer line was last year, but I'm volunteering for the second time this year and hoping it will be better this time around since just like the memberships they're solely preregistered; there won't be anyone showing up hoping to get a volunteer spot, so hopefully there will be more resources to devote to prereg volunteers since they're the ONLY volunteers this year. That's my theory anyway.

[quote name='MarkMan']On the first day, before the exhibit hall opens there will be a line forming and filling up the sail pavilion area and area above the mezzanine area. Once the exhibit hall opens the crowd will file in through the upstairs entrance from the back of the exhibit hall (near the mezzanine level).

930 AM everyday.

6 PM on preview night.[/QUOTE]

If you're taking the trolley to the convention everyday, is it still recommended to get there that early since parking wouldn't be an issue?

Are all or most of the booths setup on preview night already? I'm not sure if I plan going to go to that or not, but if booths for things are setup at the time I'd go.

[quote name='notorious_pip']If you're taking the trolley to the convention everyday, is it still recommended to get there that early since parking wouldn't be an issue?[/quote]
That depends on which station you park at. If it's closer, you probably still want to go earlier. Some of the further stations always have parking open (unless another event is going on), like the large lot at Qualcomm Stadium.

hey markmang sum guy in general chat is all trying to make a comic con thread and he said

"I decree this the official thread!"

u gotta shut somebody down and be like bitch cant u see who I am?!?!?!?!

You can also park at Fashion Valley mall, it is a couple stops less than the Q, as for the line, there is always one. Last year we got there at 7am to get in line for Hall H(and there was already a huge line) just to see Kevin Smith. We had been shut out the 2 previous years, so we decided to just stay there all day. we brought a mini cooler with food and never left. At least that hall has bathrooms. If you plan on parking underneath the convention center, plan on arriving around 630-7. park and go get some breakfast(small place 3 blocks north, or a Ralphs supermarket about 7 blocks away). The event seems to be getting further removed from comics. I like "Its always sunny in Philadelphia", but why are they having a panel? I think it is the Hollywood hype that is causing the huge crowds. I have been going for the past 7 years, I think I might miss this one, no pass yet, but the last 2-3 years shave gotten really bad. Preview night has even gotten crowded.

Everyone going Enjoy, remember, a lot of the stuff you pick up is just clutter. in 6 months you will be looking at a cardboard 300 shield, or a giant superman bag asking yourself"why did I grab this?"

[quote name='nassaeius obsol']
Everyone going Enjoy, remember, a lot of the stuff you pick up is just clutter. in 6 months you will be looking at a cardboard 300 shield, or a giant superman bag asking yourself"why did I grab this?"[/QUOTE]

Quoted for truth. I still have a bunch of bullcrap from the last two I need to get rid of but haven't bothered (along with free comics I haven't read.)

[quote name='GDKN-403']Quoted for truth. I still have a bunch of bullcrap from the last two I need to get rid of but haven't bothered (along with free comics I haven't read.)[/quote]

CAUSE ITS FREE!!!!!!!!!!

i dont go for just SWAG, i go for the cool displays and take a buncha fun photos and to volunteer for fun!

Throwing in a plug for my girlfriend's table in Small Press if anyone wants some good, cheap comics. Conjoined Comics at table P-10, just look for the two foxy ladies. I recommend picking up Emogician, I think it's only a dollar.

Nothing that is affiliated with the gaming room, that's just my hobby. Been doing that for the past 7 years.

Although I do have some work related projects that will be at the Comic-Con. You might be able to see it at the Capcom booth ;)

I'll have to check out the Tekken SD room. After reading some posts on this thread perhaps I should plan out my parking as well.

[quote name='outphase']Should I get a sketchbook for autographs or is the program guide they hand out good for that too?[/quote]

I would shell out for something classier than the program guide. It's printed on paper that isn't far from newsprint. It's not something you'll want to have to flip through to view your autographs.

Now, an exception: Unless things have changed, official autographs (by that I mean a scheduled appearance at an autograph table) will give you one of two options. Buy something at that table to have autographed, or get a free autograph in your program. They will NOT let you do anything else; it's some weird Comic Con rule.

If you're interested in getting sketches from an artist at his or her own booth or table, you can get anything signed there. I would opt for a sketchbook in that case. Usually they'll offer something quick and easy for free, or you can pay for something nicer. Sometimes it's as low as $10, but the sky is the limit. Make sure you both clearly agree upon what you'll be getting and what the price will be, before starting.

One last thing, do not attempt to take your picture with Lou Ferrigno or Peter Mayhew, or even take up their time, if you do not plan on giving them money.

Cag you are my only hope

I need a hero my attempt to make a deal with someone for toy buying went sour. If you are attending and dont mind picking up just two might muggs (Iron man, Golden Idol) and a Tokidoki Geisha girl (late birthday present for the gf). And any venture bros merchandise seen or autograph!!!! (other than tshirts) I have money will pay, please dont make me beg cag. :cry:

Contact me if you wanna strike up a deal.

And enjoy the con folks it sounds like it will be a blast.

EDIT anyone that gets me transformers or GI JOE mighty muggs gets my soul seriously i'll give ya it in a nice box. Man these leaked pictures got me wanting them badly. Hope they actually come out SOON as in this year.

I have an extra Con Exclusive NECA Gears of War figure that I'll let go at Cost for a local or Cost + Shipping for an out of towner. PM me.

Lego is doing this thing where you play some lego games on the xbox and you get a free lego character... I believe its joker, indy and batman but im not sure. Doing this also enters you in the contest for a free, special 360.

Free notable shwag this year includes big bags from Warner again. This year they have a wonder woman bag and an Angel (from Buffy) bag. I've seen some clown (ala joker but specifcally his henchmen) masks as well. Surprised there's not much Dark Knight stuff.

Question. From a CAG perspective how good are the prices here relative to buying online 361 other days of the year? I was thinking of picking up Red vs. Blue and maybe some stuff from XKCD, Questionable Content & Least I could do, and stuff from Heredia Designs if they're there this year.

bread's done
Back