Sandisk 1GB Pro Duo $39.96 QVC Price honored like Indian Peace Treaty

You can actually use Live Chat to cancel rather than calling. I hope some of them went out to the early birds!!!!

Thank you for contacting QVC. A representative will assist you in a moment.
Welcome to QVCs live chat service. This is Karen J, how may I assist you?
Eric Handshoe: Hello Karen
Eric Handshoe: I was wondering when this order will ship.
Eric Handshoe: 2687415778
Eric Handshoe: I was in stock when i ordered it on the phone yesterday
Karen J: Hello, I'll check on the order.
Karen J: Just a few minutes please....
Eric Handshoe: no problem
Karen J: Mr. Handshoe, I'm very sorry, E139116, the Disk 1GB Gaming Memory Stick PRO Duo, is in backorder for up to 2 to 3 weeks,.
Karen J:
Karen J: We are trying to get the item in on an urgent basic.
Karen J: What else may I help you with?
Eric Handshoe: Why did they tell me they had it yesterday???
Karen J: We didn't know the item was going into backorder at the time the order was placed.
Eric Handshoe: and it will be 2 weeks?
Karen J: Yes from 2 to 3 weeks on backorder. If we cannot get the item in, we will cancel the order and send you notification.
Karen J: I'm sorry for any disappointments.
Eric Handshoe: Yep. It was for a gift :(
Karen J: I understand
Eric Handshoe: This was my first try with qvc. And i am really not that happy right now.
Karen J: I regret the status of your order. All of the orders for this item are on backorder. There may have been a problem with the item and was shipped back to the mfg.
Eric Handshoe: So none of the items were shipped?
Karen J: That's correct.
Eric Handshoe: Ok. Well thank you for your time.

[quote name='Hardbody1449']Thank you for contacting QVC. A representative will assist you in a moment.
Welcome to QVCs live chat service. This is Karen J, how may I assist you?
Eric Handshoe: Hello Karen
Eric Handshoe: I was wondering when this order will ship.
Eric Handshoe: 2687415778
Eric Handshoe: I was in stock when i ordered it on the phone yesterday
Karen J: Hello, I'll check on the order.
Karen J: Just a few minutes please....
Eric Handshoe: no problem
Karen J: Mr. Handshoe, I'm very sorry, E139116, the Disk 1GB Gaming Memory Stick PRO Duo, is in backorder for up to 2 to 3 weeks,.
Karen J:
Karen J: We are trying to get the item in on an urgent basic.
Karen J: What else may I help you with?
Eric Handshoe: Why did they tell me they had it yesterday???
Karen J: We didn't know the item was going into backorder at the time the order was placed.
Eric Handshoe: and it will be 2 weeks?
Karen J: Yes from 2 to 3 weeks on backorder. If we cannot get the item in, we will cancel the order and send you notification.
Karen J: I'm sorry for any disappointments.
Eric Handshoe: Yep. It was for a gift :(
Karen J: I understand
Eric Handshoe: This was my first try with qvc. And i am really not that happy right now.
Karen J: I regret the status of your order. All of the orders for this item are on backorder. There may have been a problem with the item and was shipped back to the mfg.
Eric Handshoe: So none of the items were shipped?
Karen J: That's correct.
Eric Handshoe: Ok. Well thank you for your time.[/QUOTE]

so they are going to hold them for 2-3 weeks, cancel all the orders, then allow the sale of the MSduos at full price?

[quote name='ashram']so they are going to hold them for 2-3 weeks, cancel all the orders, then allow the sale of the MSduos at full price?[/QUOTE]

That is what it is sounding like :(

sounds like the cancellations have begun.

taken from fw:

My first order of the 2 was cancelled. So I'm guessing they are starting to cancel the orders. I know I placed the order when it was still the third post in this thread.

"Your order has been cancelled. No changes can be made at this time. "

The 2nd one is also cancelled.

"Canceled After Review: 6/17/2005"

So I guess this is the end of it.

Keeping False Hope Alive...

As a QVC buyer of Blo-Pens for the kids many moons ago, I am hoping that as a loyal QVC member mine will eventually ship

[quote name='chrishicks']sounds like the cancellations have begun.

taken from fw:

My first order of the 2 was cancelled. So I'm guessing they are starting to cancel the orders. I know I placed the order when it was still the third post in this thread.

"Your order has been cancelled. No changes can be made at this time. "

The 2nd one is also cancelled.

"Canceled After Review: 6/17/2005"

So I guess this is the end of it.[/QUOTE]

That's from FW. He could've been ordering more than 5. Don't believe it until one of us gets an email that says they're cancelled.

I wrote to QVC and this was their response:

"Unfortunately, item e139116 is temporarily out of stock. We are trying to reorder on an urgent basis. However, if we cannot obtain additional stock within 2 to 3 weeks, it may be necessary to cancel your order. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope that we will be able to obtain this item soon."

You know what that means! It was too good to be true.

[quote name='ShadowRayden']I wrote to QVC and this was their response:

"Unfortunately, item e139116 is temporarily out of stock. We are trying to reorder on an urgent basis. However, if we cannot obtain additional stock within 2 to 3 weeks, it may be necessary to cancel your order. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope that we will be able to obtain this item soon."

You know what that means! It was too good to be true.[/QUOTE]

They might not be stocking it themselves and Sandisk might be shipping it directly. That might be the reason for the 2-3 week timeframe.

Anyone who bought a ton of these. And has gotten them or at least isn't on standby are you gonna offer to sell them to some of us. Or at least me -laughs- Anyway i'm sure people would be willings to pay a slight increase in price for some of these. I know your out there.

[quote name='j.elles']Anyone who bought a ton of these. And has gotten them or at least isn't on standby are you gonna offer to sell them to some of us. Or at least me -laughs- Anyway i'm sure people would be willings to pay a slight increase in price for some of these. I know your out there.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure if CAGs ordered more than one, they'd be making sure other CAGs get in on it that didn't or couldn't.

Also, as no one seems to have any confirmation of a shipping item, it's all speculation at this point.

Until we get confirmation that they're starting to be mass-cancelled, which we don't have, or they're starting to ship, also which we don't have, there's nothing to do but wait and see what happens.

[quote name='j.elles']Anyone who bought a ton of these. And has gotten them or at least isn't on standby are you gonna offer to sell them to some of us. Or at least me -laughs- Anyway i'm sure people would be willings to pay a slight increase in price for some of these. I know your out there.[/QUOTE]

Nobody got them.

[quote name='mkelehan']Nobody got them.[/QUOTE]

If you've received a cancellation email, then you're not getting one.

The only people that have received a cancellation email have been a few random FW-ers, who might've been cancelled because they orderded 10 at once.

When one of the CAGs here reports & posts their cancellation email, then I'll believe that it's a truly dead deal. As suspected, QVC may be having these items come directly from Sandisk and not stocking them at their warehouse, which makes for another dimension of the problem.

Until CAGs start reporting the cancellations, I'm not thinking this is dead.

i called and spoke to a manager after the CSR gave me a handjob, and was informed it was infact a pricing error, and they did not have them in stock anyways (what a LIE) but they should of been 139, not 39..... I ordered 5, and i let him know i will gladly wait untill they get them in stock, and go ahead and continue my order.. i was then told that i would probally recieving a credit back to my card shortly (which is there way of saying fuck you)

i bet you could call in right now and order one at a 139.99 price... something has got to be wrong with that.....

eX

fuck qvc
atleast on amazon ive always gotten my "to good to be true" deals... amazon rules

oh yeah

fuck DELL too... still waiting on backorder from like what, 2 years ago for thier pro duo 1g??

these things are like crack, why cant sony mass produce these things and make them extremely cheap?

[quote name='exceed19']i called and spoke to a manager after the CSR gave me a handjob, and was informed it was infact a pricing error, and they did not have them in stock anyways (what a LIE) but they should of been 139, not 39..... I ordered 5, and i let him know i will gladly wait untill they get them in stock, and go ahead and continue my order.. i was then told that i would probally recieving a credit back to my card shortly (which is there way of saying fuck you)

i bet you could call in right now and order one at a 139.99 price... something has got to be wrong with that.....

eX

fuck qvc
atleast on amazon ive always gotten my "to good to be true" deals... amazon rules

oh yeah
fuck DELL too... still waiting on backorder from like what, 2 years ago for thier pro duo 1g??

these things are like crack, why cant sony mass produce these things and make them extremely cheap?[/QUOTE]

I've never gotten a misprice honored at Amazon, what the hell have they ever honored?

[quote name='exceed19'](which is there way of saying fuck you)

fuck qvc

fuck DELL too[/QUOTE]

So, does the shaq-fu filter just not work when it's in all caps? You know, I miss the one that actually had Shaq on it, doing his shaq-fu thing.

Well, maybe some of you will get lucky and pass it on down to us people who weren't so lucky on the draw. That is if more people like this surface.

Not fake!

Thank you for shopping with QVC. This email is confirmation that the
following item(s) was shipped on Thursday, Jun 16, 2005.

Order Date Item Qty Description
Thu, Jun 16, 2005 E138103 2 SanDisk 1GB Gaming Memory Stick PRO
Duo

If you ordered other items around the same time, they may still be in the
process of shipping. You will be notified via email as additional orders
and items actually ship.

Please allow 7 to 10 days for receipt if your item was shipped via
standard delivery. If any of the items above were shipped via a premium
or guaranteed delivery service, please allow 1-4 days for receipt,
depending upon the ship method you selected.

Keep in mind though, I was probably one of the first to order, if not the very first person to order these. I bought these before they were even listed anywhere. In fact, I even did a live chat and asked if it was a pricing error. The woman had no idea. I was even told if I get the wrong items, just send it back all costs would be covered.

By the way, it says I should be getting them on the 22nd. So we'll see.

[quote name='Scoobert']Not fake!

Duo

and items actually ship.

Keep in mind though, I was probably one of the first to order, if not the very first person to order these. I bought these before they were even listed anywhere. In fact, I even did a live chat and asked if it was a pricing error. The woman had no idea. I was even told if I get the wrong items, just send it back all costs would be covered.

By the way, it says I should be getting them on the 22nd. So we'll see.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for being the first CAG to have something resembling good news.

Question I have is when, ET, you placed your order?

If someone has a spare they probably wouldn't let it go for under $60. Possibly slightly higher since through ebay they could make a bit more. In the next 2 weeks hopefully some people will be posting some to sell.

[quote name='Scoobert']Not fake!

Duo

and items actually ship.

By the way, it says I should be getting them on the 22nd. So we'll see.[/QUOTE]

youre lucky they didnt pull it right away when you practically uncovered it right in front of their face, hell, you may be the reason they all got their order cancelled (highly unlikely though). Either way, why the hell would you tip them off to a pricing error? seriously.

[quote name='shrike4242']Thanks for being the first CAG to have something resembling good news.

Question I have is when, ET, you placed your order?[/QUOTE]

I ordered it around midnight on the 16th. I believe I noticed it on the 15th around 10-11pm.

[quote name='Gotchaforce']youre lucky they didnt pull it right away when you practically uncovered it right in front of their face, hell, you may be the reason they all got their order cancelled (highly unlikely though). Either way, why the hell would you tip them off to a pricing error? seriously. [/QUOTE]

I figured it was a mistake, a huge one so I didn't care if they cancelled. To be honest, I didn't even figure they would cancel. I thought I would just be shipped the wrong item. That's why I notified them and asked. I could care less if they cancelled. I'm more worried about getting the wrong item sent. I don't want a smaller MS or anything else.

We'll see on the 22nd what I get.

Edit: You know the weird thing though. After I did notify them about it, it did dissapear from their site for like 2 minutes. After it came back, I figured everything was alright though.

You must have had bad experiences if you think they would ship you the wrong item. And even if they did just do what I do. Raise hell with em until they give it to you. The one time it happened to me I screamed at them so much I got it for free. It was a gb memory card for my camera/palm.

[quote name='Scoobert']I ordered it around midnight on the 16th. I believe I noticed it on the 15th around 10-11pm.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting it!

Mine are still Backordered as well. Comeon QVC, let all those years that I made fun of my mother from watching your show prove me wrong. Ship me out my memory cards! :)

[quote name='cleaver']Thanks for posting it![/QUOTE]

You're welcome. I actually went to bed after I ordered it. Was going to post about it, but then saw the threads. Besides, I wasn't sure it would go through anyway.

Either way, glad I could help. :D

bread's done
Back