Save 26% off used games with free shipping at EBgames.com/GameStop.com

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The former Cheapy Awards Best Online Retailer champion, EBgames.com, looks to return to its glory days with the upgrade of of the combined EBgames.com/GameStop.com property. One of the many new features that has been added is the ability to use multiple coupons with certain promotions. This means a CAG favorite, 26% off used games with free shipping has now returned.

Use coupon codes CAG16, SAVER, and your Edge card to receive the discounts. Please note that you must purchase at least $25 worth of items to receive free shipping.

When EB Games was acquired by GameStop, the websites no longer listed if used games included the case and manual. This is perhaps CAGs most lamented post-merger change. Although the latest site update did not rectify this issue, it appears GameStop is well aware of the problem. I've been in touch with GameStop's Vice President, E-commerce & Direct Marketing, John Brittell, who explained:
“After the site re-launch, the used game contents guarantee is our top priority. We currently don't have a systematic way to separate the stock available for the stores from the stock available for GameStop.com. We are in the process of installing a new fulfillment system that will allow us to segregate the stock, but this will not be available until early next year. In the interim, we are exploring other creative options that will allow us to guarantee the contents of at least the top selling used SKUs and hope to have this in place later this summer.

Just wanted to let you know that we share the community's concern and this is our top priority. Thanks again for passing on the feedback.”
So, it appears things are looking up for the once-favorite CAG retailer. Hopefully this site upgrade will be the start of good things to come.

It appears that it not stacking edge and CAG16. they both work but instead of it being 26% off it 24.4% or something close to that. I'm not going to complain, but it slightly worse then how it was before.

Also only working on one item makes it alot weaker tho.

Well, stacking those two would not be 26% off technically - they are applied one at a time. Kinda like 10% off + 10% off = 19% off instead of 20. ($100 - 10% = $90, then - 10% again = $81)

In this case, take a $100 item:

$100 - 16% = $84. Then, $84 - 10% = $75.60

Thus, 24.4% off is correct :)

Now if only I had an edge card to use...

[quote name='yuffiestrife']True, but most people don't have dell store credit. And you would be crazy to want an 80 over a 20.[/quote]

Unless you don't have enough ethernet cable to run a line from your router to your PS3, in which case every model EXCEPT the 20 is a great deal, since it comes with built in WiFi.

Personally, if I had a drill, some patience and about 30-45 minutes, I could string up the 100 feet of cable I bought and have a wired connection and not even need the WiFi, but it's just easier to connect wirelessly.

[quote name='spoo']May not include a box or instruction manual = No sale from me until that changes.[/quote]

Second'd. And if anyone wants to use my Edge card discount, lemme know, since I doubt I'll be buying anything from them for the rest of the year. I might as well let someone else get SOME use out of it.

[quote name='yuffiestrife']I'm not sure if this is old news or not, but earlier this morning, the site allowed me to order a 20GB ps3 with cag16 attached to it.[/quote]

I just tested now, and the CAG16 discount would apply to any used system I put in my cart. I didn't check out with anything, because I don't want to buy any right now. But it sticks there up through the last screens. SAVER went away when I got the final invoice screen, it still showed on the list of coupons, but a Handling charge remained. Possibly different than regular shipping because it's a system though.

[quote name='ScubaCat']Well, stacking those two would not be 26% off technically - they are applied one at a time. Kinda like 10% off + 10% off = 19% off instead of 20. ($100 - 10% = $90, then - 10% again = $81)

In this case, take a $100 item:

$100 - 16% = $84. Then, $84 - 10% = $75.60

Thus, 24.4% off is correct :)

Now if only I had an edge card to use...[/quote]

Before as in a week and half ago both % were taken off base price.

IE 100 dollar item + CAG 16 + Edge would give a 16 dollar discount then a 10 dollar discount. It used to be 26% now it down to 24.4%

[quote name='dys006']I just tested now, and the CAG16 discount would apply to any used system I put in my cart. I didn't check out with anything, because I don't want to buy any right now. But it sticks there up through the last screens. SAVER went away when I got the final invoice screen, it still showed on the list of coupons, but a Handling charge remained. Possibly different than regular shipping because it's a system though.[/quote]

Wow, I didn't realize that CAG16 worked on used systems. I thought it only worked on used games. A few weeks ago, I tried using CAG16 to order a used Wii remote, and it didn't work. I wonder if CAG16 working for used systems is a glitch...

I'm so tempted to pick up the $20-30 titles I've wanted for ages but never bothered.. but I'm worried about the lack of a case and to a lesser extent manual.. how many have ordered and got neither?

I've gotten games in sleeves before, no box or manual.... and quite honestly the few times I have ordered used from Gamestop the games looked like they went through hell-- worse than anything I have seen in the stores-- it's like they ship the REALLY crappy discs to the warehouse to be used for online purchases. The problem is it's a crapshoot so if it's at all important to you, don't order online (or be prepared for returns)...

Damn, I figured that's what they did, shipped the worse off looking games. But still with somewhere between $3-8 off per title it's really tempting.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
Second'd. And if anyone wants to use my Edge card discount, lemme know, since I doubt I'll be buying anything from them for the rest of the year. I might as well let someone else get SOME use out of it.[/quote]

I'll take that edge card.

CAG16 isnt working for me on a used psp... It did when i had a psp original and a psp 3000 in my cart, but not when i just had the PSP original. o well.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Yep, it's definitely 26%. Denbo is correct. Both discounts come off of the base price. This is how GS promos work.[/quote]

Yes, that is how GS promos work, but not GS.com promos.

I remember when asking the GS.com rep that used to prowl around here about the CAG16+EDGE, and they don't take both discounts off the base price. They apply one... then apply the other. It ends up taking off 24% or so. Unless they've changed it in the past few months, that's how it is now.

[quote name='atrsixaild']CAG16 isnt working for me on a used psp... It did when i had a psp original and a psp 3000 in my cart, but not when i just had the PSP original. o well.[/QUOTE]

damn. I was hoping that I could get one.

Edge will take off a system price right? is there any other hardware coupons? 5-10%?

I would like to pick up a PSP too.

is it just me or is the gs website not applying the codes correctly? my cag16 isnt applying to all used games, but my edge card is. and i find it weird that i can enter in gsb2g1 as a code. theres also free3day. this is all weird.

[quote name='ChoCoBoI']is it just me or is the gs website not applying the codes correctly? my cag16 isnt applying to all used games, but my edge card is. and i find it weird that i can enter in gsb2g1 as a code. theres also free3day. this is all weird.[/quote]

Yea its only applying to one game...with the CAG16

Edge works fine for both....

I tried the Buy 2 get one...and it doesn't work. I'll be jumping all over this deal when the site works it out correctly.

[quote name='GuardianE']I can't use CAG16 on a Used PS2.[/QUOTE]

So Cag16 used to work on hardware purchases? Used? That's intresting! Hope they can fix it soon.

[quote name='RCS0926']Wow, I didn't realize that CAG16 worked on used systems. I thought it only worked on used games. A few weeks ago, I tried using CAG16 to order a used Wii remote, and it didn't work. I wonder if CAG16 working for used systems is a glitch...[/quote]

CAG16 definitely isn't working on used hardware anymore, so it probably was a glitch...

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']CAG16 wasnt working on all used games last night, I had about 6-7 games in my cart. Does it only work on one game?[/quote]
thats what im wondering. If it only works on one game then i'll know thats my deepest discount and place the order, but if i can further the discount (i have 2 games ive got in the cart) then i'll wait.

"Dear Valued Customer,

Unfortunately the CAG16 code will only apply to the lower dollar item in your cart. Also, we do not have expected dates as to when those two games will be available used. We apologize for this inconvenience, but our used games are traded in by other customer whenever they are willing to trade them in.

Best regards,
John Customer Service Agent"

This is what I got back after emailing Gamestop. Cries.

Very strange, since the coupon text even says "off all in-stock used games". And if it has really changed to be only good on one, wouldn't you expect it to work on the highest, not lowest? What kind of site punishes customers for buying more?

what's wrong with cag16. i have used this for 3 years without problems. now, it only applies to the lowest priced item on the cart. also for the b2g1 sale, i tried to mix match 2 wii and 1 ps2 game and it won't give the sale, even though i already removed the saver and cag16 code. frackin gstop

you suprised gamestop gimped a coupon to save them money come on it was a good run but its over unless you order one game at a time its what i do now

cag16 and edge and saver stack on 1 game so its still good

What's the issue, it's free shipping so just make separate orders and it will apply the cag16 each time... it does have to be above 25.00 for the free shipping though

[quote name='sevendayrevolution']What's the issue, it's free shipping so just make separate orders and it will apply the cag16 each time... it does have to be above 25.00 for the free shipping though[/QUOTE]

That's the issue.

[quote name='Chaos1232']"Dear Valued Customer,

Unfortunately the CAG16 code will only apply to the lower dollar item in your cart. Also, we do not have expected dates as to when those two games will be available used. We apologize for this inconvenience, but our used games are traded in by other customer whenever they are willing to trade them in.

Best regards,
John Customer Service Agent"

This is what I got back after emailing Gamestop. Cries.[/QUOTE]

I just got an email response from them saying that CAG16 isn't even a coupon they support. fuck it, anyone still have that old 15% coupon, if it even still works..?

::EDIT::
looks like it doesn't. guess I'll just stack the other 10% off coupon. 20% off total isn't anythnig to sneeze at.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bezerker']www.gamestop.com[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the insightful and highly useful answer. /sarcasm

I was just wondering if anyone else actually had tried to use the codes in conjunction with the 25% off Xbox sale, but I guess I'm the ONLY person on the Earth who actually still wants to play original Xbox titles, huh? Mind you, I would probably rather just go into the store and cherry pick the best copies of each game from the stores.

Although, if it did work online, the sale combined with the codes would make it almost like clearance prices and somewhat tolerable.

bread's done
Back