Save 26% off used games with free shipping at EBgames.com/GameStop.com

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The former Cheapy Awards Best Online Retailer champion, EBgames.com, looks to return to its glory days with the upgrade of of the combined EBgames.com/GameStop.com property. One of the many new features that has been added is the ability to use multiple coupons with certain promotions. This means a CAG favorite, 26% off used games with free shipping has now returned.

Use coupon codes CAG16, SAVER, and your Edge card to receive the discounts. Please note that you must purchase at least $25 worth of items to receive free shipping.

When EB Games was acquired by GameStop, the websites no longer listed if used games included the case and manual. This is perhaps CAGs most lamented post-merger change. Although the latest site update did not rectify this issue, it appears GameStop is well aware of the problem. I've been in touch with GameStop's Vice President, E-commerce & Direct Marketing, John Brittell, who explained:
“After the site re-launch, the used game contents guarantee is our top priority. We currently don't have a systematic way to separate the stock available for the stores from the stock available for GameStop.com. We are in the process of installing a new fulfillment system that will allow us to segregate the stock, but this will not be available until early next year. In the interim, we are exploring other creative options that will allow us to guarantee the contents of at least the top selling used SKUs and hope to have this in place later this summer.

Just wanted to let you know that we share the community's concern and this is our top priority. Thanks again for passing on the feedback.”
So, it appears things are looking up for the once-favorite CAG retailer. Hopefully this site upgrade will be the start of good things to come.

[quote name='fatez']use coupon code: FREE3DAY
instead of SAVER

for faster shipping. :)[/quote]

Will that still stack with the CAG coupon code?

[quote name='Capitalizt']Any chance someone could post their edge card number for those of us without one? :)[/quote]

You're a dick. Go buy one. They're seriously $2 if you know how to use these boards and the search feature.

[quote name='Blinkman987']You're a dick. Go buy one. They're seriously $2 if you know how to use these boards and the search feature.[/quote]

That's a great deal if you dont mind waiting 1 -2 months to get it in the mail. It doesn't help anyone if they want to buy something now.
No need to call him a dick.:roll:

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']That's a great deal if you dont mind waiting 1 -2 months to get it in the mail. It doesn't help anyone if they want to buy something now.
No need to call him a dick.:roll:[/QUOTE]

QFT.

Exp. 04/09

[quote name='djkunai']Nazi.[/quote]

I'm glad the internet has inspired people to throw around the term 'nazi' and makes it mean 'someone who does anything i disagree with and has the authority to enforce the rules.'

[quote name='Blinkman987']I'm glad the internet has inspired people to throw around the term 'nazi' and makes it mean 'someone who does anything i disagree with and has the authority to enforce the rules.'[/quote]
The Internet did that? I was pretty sure the Nazis did that.

[quote name='Blinkman987']I'm glad the internet has inspired people to throw around the term 'nazi' and makes it mean 'someone who does anything i disagree with and has the authority to enforce the rules.'[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure he was joking...

Just wanted to say that right now Persona 3: Special Edition is in stock for 29.99 + 26% off and free shipping; a great deal (hoping for a complete copy)

[quote name='Blinkman987']I'm glad the internet has inspired people to throw around the term 'nazi' and makes it mean 'someone who does anything i disagree with and has the authority to enforce the rules.'[/quote]

Hey, at least we made it to 189 posts before invoking Godwin's Law. :mrgreen:

I was looking at my total and just noticed that CAG16 and EDGE don't stack like GS Coupons and the EDGE card stack in-store, which is additive. The site combines the two multiplicatively, or in other words applies one then applies the other one on the new discounted price.

So it comes out to 24.4% off.

0.9 * 0.84 = 0.754

Still not bad at all. Was just wondering if this was a recent change and if it might be implemented in-stores.

[quote name='DaFederal']I was looking at my total and just noticed that CAG16 and EDGE don't stack like GS Coupons and the EDGE card stack in-store, which is additive. The site combines the two multiplicatively, or in other words applies one then applies the other one on the new discounted price.

So it comes out to 24.4% off.

0.9 * 0.84 = 0.754

Still not bad at all. Was just wondering if this was a recent change and if it might be implemented in-stores.[/quote]

Yeah, I can confirm this as well - picked up MGS Subsistence and Substance today for roughly 37 bucks after tax instead of about 35 bucks. Worked out to 14.4%.

[quote name='msam']Yeah, I can confirm this as well - picked up MGS Subsistence and Substance today for roughly 37 bucks after tax instead of about 35 bucks. Worked out to 14.4%.[/quote]

Not to sound like a jackass...but wouldn't it had been cheaper to get the MGS collection thing that includes MGS 1, 2 and 3 (2 and 3 being the Substance parts...in otherwords the 're-release' versions with all the extras). The pack is only 29.99 new (is how I got my versions).

[quote name='daknight']Not to sound like a jackass...but wouldn't it had been cheaper to get the MGS collection thing that includes MGS 1, 2 and 3 (2 and 3 being the Substance parts...in otherwords the 're-release' versions with all the extras). The pack is only 29.99 new (is how I got my versions).[/quote]

Subsistence includes a number of bonus features on a second disc that's not available on the MGS three-pack.

Not to mention you can't really find new copies of the MGS collection often i'm told.

However, if you can find it, it's better to get that, I don't think the seperate games are worth the extra cost. Although Disc 2 of Subsistence has Snake v. Monkey, Duel Mode (fight any boss), MG1, MG2, and the defunct MGO.

Am I losing it or am I unable to get any of the codes to work online today. I've used CAG16 and Saver many times in the past. Today I'm getting the message

"The coupon entered will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. You may continue checkout without a discount or read the coupon description below and make the appropriate changes to your shopping cart or shipping method selected. Coupon description :
Coupon:CAG16 - 16% off all in-stock used games.
Coupon:SAVER - 16% off all in-stock used games."

Something is screwy with the Gamestop site for now I think. Can someone else check and let me know if I'm going crazy or not.

Okay I'm able to apply edge + cag16. but when I add Saver then it goes screwy.

I'm also able to do edge + saver.

Edge + saver + Cag16 all hell breaks lose.

Also why is it saying Saver is 16% off..... that where the problem is I would guess. Some programmer at gamestop messed that up I assume

Interesting to note that it's been one year today since they said guaranteed contents of Used Games was coming. And we've heard nothing since.

[quote name='dys006']Interesting to note that it's been one year today since they said guaranteed contents of Used Games was coming. And we've heard nothing since.[/QUOTE]

Well, they didn't say when....

[quote name='dys006']Interesting to note that it's been one year today since they said guaranteed contents of Used Games was coming. And we've heard nothing since.[/QUOTE]

Also interesting to note is nowadays if you order used games from the website, a lot of them appear to be defective store returns. Their website has definitely gone downhill when it comes to ordering used games.

[quote name='Josef']Also interesting to note is nowadays if you order used games from the website, a lot of them appear to be defective store returns. Their website has definitely gone downhill when it comes to ordering used games.[/quote]

Yeah, I have noticed this. 95% of what I've ordered from them the past 6 months has a big "R" sticker on the back, meaning it's been resurfaced. It really makes me nervous that one of the games will freeze up 10 hours in or something.

Ok site's back up, but Ive never bought from GameStop online before, what are teh chances of getting just a disc with no case/manual? I can't stand not having those...

[quote name='handisnacks']Ok site's back up, but Ive never bought from GameStop online before, what are teh chances of getting just a disc with no case/manual? I can't stand not having those...[/QUOTE]

then you should look else where

[quote name='62t']then you should look else where[/quote]
Argh, prices are good tho, and no GameStop in my area has Battle Fantasia used :(

26% off + free shipping is to tempting

The website says:
Store:
Items may be returned by taking them to a GameStop store location in the United States. Items returned to a GameStop store location must be accompanied by the original packing list. Store return policies may vary and are subject to manager approval.

Has anyone had any problem with stores not accepting returns?

[quote name='handisnacks']Ok site's back up, but Ive never bought from GameStop online before, what are teh chances of getting just a disc with no case/manual? I can't stand not having those...[/QUOTE]

110%

Perhaps GS is getting a jump on some CAGs who were able to get CAG16 to work for them during the last B2G1 sale. Some CAGs already had the items they were thinking of getting for the B2G1 sale in their cart with CAG16 applied to the sale items. When the B2G1 sale started, they were able to enter the GSB2G1 code and still get the CAG16 and Edge discounts. Anyway, I hope this is the case as opposed to GS getting rid of CAG16 altogether...

Hell, if I was in GS corp, I'd think about getting rid of CAG discounts. It seems like all GS gets is crap around here (see the Game Days thread). The website is advertising that they are the worst B&M and online retailer. Why would you want to reward a place that constantly gives you bad publicity?

Of course the answer must be that despite all the bitching and moaning, people are still buying games from them and the "bad press" is not really hurting.

bread's done
Back