Save 26% off used games with free shipping at EBgames.com/GameStop.com

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The former Cheapy Awards Best Online Retailer champion, EBgames.com, looks to return to its glory days with the upgrade of of the combined EBgames.com/GameStop.com property. One of the many new features that has been added is the ability to use multiple coupons with certain promotions. This means a CAG favorite, 26% off used games with free shipping has now returned.

Use coupon codes CAG16, SAVER, and your Edge card to receive the discounts. Please note that you must purchase at least $25 worth of items to receive free shipping.

When EB Games was acquired by GameStop, the websites no longer listed if used games included the case and manual. This is perhaps CAGs most lamented post-merger change. Although the latest site update did not rectify this issue, it appears GameStop is well aware of the problem. I've been in touch with GameStop's Vice President, E-commerce & Direct Marketing, John Brittell, who explained:
“After the site re-launch, the used game contents guarantee is our top priority. We currently don't have a systematic way to separate the stock available for the stores from the stock available for GameStop.com. We are in the process of installing a new fulfillment system that will allow us to segregate the stock, but this will not be available until early next year. In the interim, we are exploring other creative options that will allow us to guarantee the contents of at least the top selling used SKUs and hope to have this in place later this summer.

Just wanted to let you know that we share the community's concern and this is our top priority. Thanks again for passing on the feedback.”
So, it appears things are looking up for the once-favorite CAG retailer. Hopefully this site upgrade will be the start of good things to come.

i sent my application a month ago, but i haven't received my card. this is awesome with the 35% deal and even with the 26% off!!!!

[quote name='spoo']May not include a box or instruction manual = No sale from me until that changes.[/QUOTE]

Same goes for me. No box and manual is a deal breaker for me. I'll stick to gametap and the random GS instore coupons to get my used game fix.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']There is also the "AFF25" code, which takes 25% off any used DVD or Game in your cart. That stacked with your Edge card, will give you 35% off, although you'll have to pay for shipping ($2.99 is the cheapest).
[/quote]
That's probably an error and will likely be pulled soon. GameStop had emailed me over the weekend saying that AFF25 was being disabled.

I wasn't able to get my edge card number to work either. Perhaps of note, I have one of the $2 cards from gameinformer and the sticker on the back is white, not yellow. However the card works perfectly fine in store. Are they blocking us out? That sucks if so. Perhaps it's just a mistake, though.

EDIT: I just tried it again and still get the same problem. This time I emailed them to inquire about it. We'll see what comes of it. It's there loss if it doesn't work as I certainly won't be buying anything online if they don't accept my Edge card.

It's good to know they had the site down for this big update and it still has a shit load of problems. Still problems with promo code/edge card stacking.

I was gonna buy something but it won't let me enter my shipping address, it shows a big blank in the drop down screen. Their loss.

That combined with the "no manual/case guarentee" and I'll stick with the store.

I'm in for 1 million used, scratched-up discs! C'mon....economic incentive check..... (I'm such a sucker!)

To be fair, I've only had one game that I've bought from GS have any problem with it, and that one (and GBA game) still works, it just sometimes needs to be removed and reinserted to get it going. I've also had one purchase, Mario Power Tennis, look terribly scratched up, but in fact the disc works perfectly with no problems at all. Also I've bought used hardware from them (including 2 used Logitech Action PS2 controllers) and it's all worked great. So, for me at least, my experience with GS used stuff has been quite good.

Having said all that, for the most part I won't buy anything that doesn't have case and manual either, so I probably won't be using the site much if at all and will instead stick with brick & mortar. If they really want to win us over they need to improve the site so that it lists what is included specifically, and perhaps change to having different prices for different levels of completeness. Also, they need to give more for complete trade-ins than incomplete. There's some other web site that does this, the name/url of which is escaping me at the moment. They need to follow that lead.

I can't get it to show my shipping address, so I can't place an order. I've tried on a couple computers, but it won't let me select an address in the drop-down menu.

This not accepting my Edge card problem is more annoying to me then I first thought as it appears that Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis is not available in store (or have they just not received any yet? Sold out?) I was planning to use my trade-in credit to buy a copy from them. I could still do that if the damn website accepted my Edge card, but no. Can't use my Edge card stored credit on the web site = no sale. It sucks for me and them.

I placed an order for some X360 games I wanted. 16% off stacked with edge is a good deal imo. I'm willing to take a chance on the condition of the games.

I was able to use my edge card credit I had too, which is a huge plus.

I'll let you know when I get my order of the condition of the games.

R6V
Lego SW
Crackdown
Fifa 07

the ability to cancel orders online without having to email them is a godsend. i'm really liking all the upgrades. i just hope we get more deals and sales soon.

Count me in as another "won't buy it if I can't see it first" would-be buyer.

What really bothers me is that EB disincentivizes you keeping your games in good condition. A game that was written on in Sharpie marker with no case or manual is worth just as much as a game I purchased yesterday and traded in today in mint condition.

Here's a shocking idea, EB: Why don't you sell the disc-only/no art games for less and accept them as trade-in but offer less as well? That way people who only want the game can get a better deal, you as a company get an even better deal (20% less trade-in value but only 15% cheaper for customers), and everyone is happy because they aren't worried about getting screwed over with the mystery grab bag of used quality.

I've been trying to get the Guitar Hero II and Guitar controller used for 35 bucks for 360 but it won't add to my cart. Other items add but not that one, shows in stock.

[quote name='CheapyD']That's probably an error and will likely be pulled soon. GameStop had emailed me over the weekend saying that AFF25 was being disabled.[/QUOTE]

It is disabled. AFF25 no longer works, at least not for me. It doesn't stack with anything and if you remove all other codes and try a new account without an Edge card, no 25% discount applies.

Awwww fucking sweet! THis seriously just made my damned day. Ya the games can come without a manual or be scratched up but first off alot of the times these prices are hard to beat, but second back in the day only 1 of every 10 or so games maybe more like 1 in 15 came without a manual or box. If it does then you can always just say the game isnt playing and return it to them!

Anyone know if you can buy an Edge Card online? Man I want to pick up some stuff bad now but dont want to have to run to a gamestop to buy a new edge card!

[quote name='jimbodan']+1[/quote]
Since we're doing the math... Case + Manual = 0, GAME= 2.71828183, GAME > Case + Manual.
So who is getting Rez for me? I don't care if it's missing the case or manual. When was the last time you read a manual?

[quote name='vherub']wow, the box/manual update would be excellent, combo coupons are also sweet

thanks[/QUOTE]

If they guranteed to box and manual I think id be shopping with them pretty exclusivly again. I spent about 3 years dropping several grand at ebgames and during that period they were almost the only place I shopped.

I've been trying the GHII with guitar for 360 also, won't add to cart and a call to a couple local stores were not helpful, must be a pricing error on the website...

[quote name='mephitical']-1
Since we're doing the math... Case + Manual = 0, GAME= 2.71828183, GAME > Case + Manual.
So who is getting Rez for me? I don't care if it's missing the case or manual. When was the last time you read a manual?[/quote]

I may not read manuals but the value of a game isn't worth much in resale value if you have game-only... I notice you have a GoozeX signature and as you know if you don't have the case+manual it takes a little longer to find a match which is another incentive to want the game + manual...

[quote name='zombiedictator']Count me in as another "won't buy it if I can't see it first" would-be buyer.

What really bothers me is that EB disincentivizes you keeping your games in good condition. A game that was written on in Sharpie marker with no case or manual is worth just as much as a game I purchased yesterday and traded in today in mint condition.

Here's a shocking idea, EB: Why don't you sell the disc-only/no art games for less and accept them as trade-in but offer less as well? That way people who only want the game can get a better deal, you as a company get an even better deal (20% less trade-in value but only 15% cheaper for customers), and everyone is happy because they aren't worried about getting screwed over with the mystery grab bag of used quality.[/quote]

I'm not sure, but didn't they used to dock like 20% off of the trade in value if they had to send it back to get resurfaced? Or if it was missing the box and manual? I know I remember overhearing something similar while people were trading in their stuff.

[quote name='pogipinoy27']Can you exchange the disc (bought online) at the store if you don't like it?[/quote]
Yes. Looks like they finally changed it so you could!

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/Returns.aspx

Store:
Items may be returned by taking them to a GameStop store location in the United States. Items returned to a GameStop store location must be accompanied by the original packing list. Store return policies may vary and are subject to manager approval.

Handling costs are non-refundable. If the reason for your return is due to our error, please contact us at the number below for a handling credit.

So, if I use the online discount to pick up a game for a good price, then if I get one I am unsatisfied with I can take it to the B&M store and exchange for a copy that includes a case and manual???

[quote name='seif760']it will not take my edge card![/quote]

I contacted them last night about it not accepting some cards, and they haven't gotten back to me yet.

Did you, by chance, purchase your card for $2.00 with the deal on here? That's what I did, and it doesn't seem to be working, however, my friends, which was purchased in-store, works fine.

I'll let you know when I get an e-mail back form them, but if I don't get it soon, I'm just going to spam them with e-mails until they have to either reply, or block me.

[quote name='MasterYensid']So, if I use the online discount to pick up a game for a good price, then if I get one I am unsatisfied with I can take it to the B&M store and exchange for a copy that includes a case and manual???[/quote]

If they have a copy. If it's a rare game, chances are they won't have a complete copy. But you can just get your money back.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']If they have a copy. If it's a rare game, chances are they won't have a complete copy. But you can just get your money back.[/quote]

That's fine...I was thinking this would be good to get 35% off of used games online, and apply it to in-store games that I could actually scrutinize.

[quote name='mephitical']Yes. Looks like they finally changed it so you could![/quote]

You could always return the game to a B&M GS. The only requirements were that it had to be within 30 days of the shipping date and the shipping slip needed to be shown.

So who's actually gotten a transaction to go through - cuz yeah - stuck on page 2 w/ the shipping method and drop down menus.

[quote name='nikkai']So who's actually gotten a transaction to go through - cuz yeah - stuck on page 2 w/ the shipping method and drop down menus.[/quote]

Been like that all day for me. I tried using both Firefox and IE to no avail.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']I contacted them last night about it not accepting some cards, and they haven't gotten back to me yet.

Did you, by chance, purchase your card for $2.00 with the deal on here? That's what I did, and it doesn't seem to be working, however, my friends, which was purchased in-store, works fine.

I'll let you know when I get an e-mail back form them, but if I don't get it soon, I'm just going to spam them with e-mails until they have to either reply, or block me.[/quote]

Just got an e-mail from them, so anyone that is having a problem with your card, send them an e-mail with your account number, and they should resolve the problem for you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing. Please supply
the account number on the card itself and we will attempt to ascertain
the issue.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this
email.

Best Regards,
John
Customer Service Agent

[quote name='Trenchalicious']This is just an April Fools joke...[/QUOTE]

SO wait you said this and someone else mentioned it, I also see alot of people mentioning that they cant get their edge card to work. Has anyone actually got this to work yet? Im gonna be hella pissed if this was an april fools joke.....seriously its like telling a kid his dead hamster came back to life.

[quote name='MSI Magus']SO wait you said this and someone else mentioned it, I also see alot of people mentioning that they cant get their edge card to work. Has anyone actually got this to work yet? Im gonna be hella pissed if this was an april fools joke.....seriously its like telling a kid his dead hamster came back to life.[/QUOTE]
Nope I've gotten two orders to go through using my edge card as well as the cag promotion code.

So it does work. I dunno maybe the site is lousy today but I ordered yesterday and it went through okay.

[quote name='mediamixerj']Nope I've gotten two orders to go through using my edge card as well as the cag promotion code.

So it does work. I dunno maybe the site is lousy today but I ordered yesterday and it went through okay.[/QUOTE]

*tries to believe the good and think that this is the truth and not a person adding another layer to the joke*

Man it wouldnt just suck if this was a joke because it would mean it wasnt realy..... but also because I seriously bet atleast a few people ran out and bought an edge card just because of this topic(I almost did).

Hi All,

I work at GameStop.com and wanted to clear up some of the confusion regarding the Edge Card use.

First off, for any not familiar, the Edge Card has two possible uses (three if you count using it to jimmy locks, but I know no one here is that cheap). ;)

1. Store Credit. If you trade in games at a store location you may decide to load up an Edge Card instead of redeem it for merchandise. If so, the Edge Card you will receive will not include an Edge Membership sticker (unless you are already a card carrying member). You can redeem the credit on GameStop.com on the final payment page of the check-out process. Just enter your Edge account number and PIN where the site prompts for a gift card number. Note: Having one of these Edge Cards does not qualify you for the used discount offer.

2. Edge Membership. You can get this a couple ways, but a common method is by purchasing a subscription to Game Informer in one of our stores. When you purchase a Game Informer subscription the sales associate will put a white or yellow sticker on the back of your Edge card. This sticker will contain a different account number than the "store credit" number, which is printed directly on the card. To activate your Edge discount, just enter the Edge Membership number into the Promotional Code box found on the shopping cart page. Note: This membership expires, so be sure to check the expiration date on the sticker to ensure your membership is still valid.

Okay, that's the stuff everybody already knows...here's the new stuff:

After entering an Edge membership number in the promotional box and checking out, the Edge Card number will be associated to your account profile, and yours alone. i.e. For obvious business reasons, if you share it with someone else, they won't be able to use it.

Once you've done this, you won't need to enter your Edge number again to receive a discount. The Edge discount offer will stay active in your shopping cart as long as you're logged in or your account is "cookied." There's no need to worry about removing it to see if another offer is better, as the Edge Member discount will stack with ANY offer. When you renew your Game Informer subscription the following year, just update the number in the "My Account" section of your profile.

Some folks have reported an issue activating Edge Membership stickers that have been "re-printed" by our store associates. We are looking into this and will correct it as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience. We will let everyone know as soon as the problem is corrected.

We will be turning on in-store pick-up on select pre-orders, soon after the dust settles from the new site launch. (Hopefully in a few days.)

Hope everyone is enjoying the new features -- thanks for all the feedback!

Best,
Retro

[quote name='Retroactive']Hi All,

I work at GameStop.com and wanted to clear up some of the confusion regarding the Edge Card use.

First off, for any not familiar, the Edge Card has two possible uses (three if you count using it to jimmy locks, but I know no one here is that cheap). ;)[/QUOTE]

Worked a couple of times when I locked myself out of my apartment lol

bread's done
Back