Save 26% off used games with free shipping at EBgames.com/GameStop.com

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The former Cheapy Awards Best Online Retailer champion, EBgames.com, looks to return to its glory days with the upgrade of of the combined EBgames.com/GameStop.com property. One of the many new features that has been added is the ability to use multiple coupons with certain promotions. This means a CAG favorite, 26% off used games with free shipping has now returned.

Use coupon codes CAG16, SAVER, and your Edge card to receive the discounts. Please note that you must purchase at least $25 worth of items to receive free shipping.

When EB Games was acquired by GameStop, the websites no longer listed if used games included the case and manual. This is perhaps CAGs most lamented post-merger change. Although the latest site update did not rectify this issue, it appears GameStop is well aware of the problem. I've been in touch with GameStop's Vice President, E-commerce & Direct Marketing, John Brittell, who explained:
“After the site re-launch, the used game contents guarantee is our top priority. We currently don't have a systematic way to separate the stock available for the stores from the stock available for GameStop.com. We are in the process of installing a new fulfillment system that will allow us to segregate the stock, but this will not be available until early next year. In the interim, we are exploring other creative options that will allow us to guarantee the contents of at least the top selling used SKUs and hope to have this in place later this summer.

Just wanted to let you know that we share the community's concern and this is our top priority. Thanks again for passing on the feedback.”
So, it appears things are looking up for the once-favorite CAG retailer. Hopefully this site upgrade will be the start of good things to come.

i tried getting bioshock and like 4 old xbox games used with all the promos and edge card and i had it at like 60 bucks. Sounds great right! but oh how wrong i was as soon as i try to edit the shipping adress,bam, server down! way to go GS/EB. hopefully they will get the servers up before the codes go dead. i really want bioshock for 33 bucks.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']The codes will be always good, unless they discontinue them down the road (like AFF25). This isn't a limited time offer.[/quote]

awesome! thanks for letting me know about that. the AFF25 code was the one i though this was comparable to. i was getting bummed out. but you brightened my day!

Hi All,

Quick update from the GameStop.com Team:

Login and Shipping Address Failures: When we migrated the user accounts from the old site to the new site, the data was corrupted for some users. We have a fix identified and a patch should be deployed within the next several hours. The shipping drop-down problem is already pushing to the production environment and will likely be corrected by the time you read this.

Missing Order History: We are back-filling historical order status, by date. Order status for all open orders is now available, but it may be several weeks before your entire closed order history is loaded.

Inventory Status Discrepancies: For many products, the site was not reflecting the proper inventory availability status. This has been corrected. If you placed orders for in-stock products over the last several days, you may find upon checking order history that the product is actually back-ordered. The order history status is accurate. We will ship the back-ordered products as they become available.

Edge Card Discount ($2 Card Not Working): We have identified the problem and this will be corrected in a patch later this evening.

Thanks again for your patience and for bringing these issues to my attention.

Best,
Retro

im getting jipped somehow

Halo 3 used 49.99
Cag 16 code - 16 percent
SAVER code - Free shipping
Total = 41.99
Edge card - 38 cents.... What the hell ...

i call shenanigans
10 percent of 41 is like 4 dollars or something

not 38 cents...

Thanks for the updates Retro. I just purchased Bioshock and Mercenaries for a total of 45 dollars! I love the free shipping but i didnt know that i would be charged tax :( . oh well i still saved a ton of money. Thanks Cheapy and everyone at Gamestop/EB for this. It is definitely one of the best deals ive seen in a long time.

Chewpathingy seal of approval!

Under the description for used games, it says "May or may not come with manual or case.", anyone else bothered by this? I've never ordered used games from Gamestop.com because of that possibility.

Do they usually have the case + manual for a used game?

[quote name='mediamixerj']Anyone getting an error saying the quantity exceeds inventory when it shows it being instock for the item and won't let me go check out?[/quote]

Hi Mediamixer,

This is by design and is an indication that our inventory management system is working properly again (hopefully!).

Here's how it is supposed to work:
If we have 5 units in stock, we show "Usually Ships In 24 Hours" on the product page and in search. If you add more than 10 units to your cart, you will receive the inventory warning in your shopping cart (you should still be able to checkout with any remaining available inventory).

One note of caution is that the update job that refreshes the search results can take up to 45 minutes and the update job that updates the product page can take up to 15 minutes. So if someone cleaned out the inventory 10 minutes ago, the product page might still state "Usually Ships Within 24 Hours." The best way to confirm is just add it to the shopping cart, which is updated in real-time.

If it's not behaving as above, please let me know.

Hope this helps!

Best,
Retro

Thanks for the updates Retro. I just purchased Bioshock and Mercenaries for a total of 45 dollars! I love the free shipping but i didnt know that i would be charged tax :( . oh well i still saved a ton of money. Thanks Cheapy and everyone at Gamestop/EB for this. It is definitely one of the best deals ive seen in a long time.

Chewpathingy seal of approval!

Under the description for used games, it says "May or may not come with manual or case.", anyone else bothered by this? I've never ordered used games from Gamestop.com because of that possibility.

Do they usually have the case + manual for a used game?

[quote name='mediamixerj']Anyone getting an error saying the quantity exceeds inventory when it shows it being instock for the item and won't let me go check out?[/quote]

Hi Mediamixer,

This is by design and is an indication that our inventory management system is working properly again (hopefully!).

Here's how it is supposed to work:
If we have 5 units in stock, we show "Usually Ships In 24 Hours" on the product page and in search. If you add more than 10 units to your cart, you will receive the inventory warning in your shopping cart (you should still be able to checkout with any remaining available inventory).

One note of caution is that the update job that refreshes the search results can take up to 45 minutes and the update job that updates the product page can take up to 15 minutes. So if someone cleaned out the inventory 10 minutes ago, the product page might still state "Usually Ships Within 24 Hours." The best way to confirm is just add it to the shopping cart, which is updated in real-time.

If it's not behaving as above, please let me know.

Hope this helps!

Best,
Retro

[quote name='earvcunanan']Under the description for used games, it says "May or may not come with manual or case.", anyone else bothered by this? I've never ordered used games from Gamestop.com because of that possibility.

Do they usually have the case + manual for a used game?[/quote]

Hi Earvcunanan,

Yes. I, for one, am extremely bothered by this. ;) This is a top priority for us.

Here's a note from CheapyD regarding this issue:

"When EB Games was acquired by GameStop, the websites no longer listed if used games included the case and manual. This is perhaps CAGs most lamented post-merger change. Although the latest site update did not rectify this issue, it appears GameStop is well aware of the problem. I've been in touch with GameStop's Vice President, E-commerce & Direct Marketing, John Brittell, who explained:

"After the site re-launch, the used game contents guarantee is our top priority. We currently don't have a systematic way to separate the stock available for the stores from the stock available for GameStop.com. We are in the process of installing a new fulfillment system that will allow us to segregate the stock, but this will not be available until early next year. In the interim, we are exploring other creative options that will allow us to guarantee the contents of at least the top selling used SKUs and hope to have this in place later this summer.

Just wanted to let you know that we share the community's concern and this is our top priority. Thanks again for passing on the feedback." "

I would like to clarify that any disc-based products we ship, that do not come with the original case, are now packaged in generic DVD cases. No more disc sleeves or plastic baggies!

Hope this helps and we look forward to providing more detail on the used product contents in the future.

Best,
Retro

[quote name='Retroactive']Hi Earvcunanan,

Yes. I, for one, am extremely bothered by this. ;) This is a top priority for us.

"When EB Games was acquired by GameStop, the websites no longer listed if used games included the case and manual. This is perhaps CAGs most lamented post-merger change. Although the latest site update did not rectify this issue, it appears GameStop is well aware of the problem. I've been in touch with GameStop's Vice President, E-commerce & Direct Marketing, John Brittell, who explained:

"After the site re-launch, the used game contents guarantee is our top priority. We currently don't have a systematic way to separate the stock available for the stores from the stock available for GameStop.com. We are in the process of installing a new fulfillment system that will allow us to segregate the stock, but this will not be available until early next year. In the interim, we are exploring other creative options that will allow us to guarantee the contents of at least the top selling used SKUs and hope to have this in place later this summer.

Just wanted to let you know that we share the community's concern and this is our top priority. Thanks again for passing on the feedback." "

I would like to clarify that any disc-based products we ship, that do not come with the original case, are now packaged in generic DVD cases. No more disc sleeves or plastic baggies!

Hope this helps and we look forward to providing more detail on the used product contents in the future.

Best,
Retro[/QUOTE]

Again id like to thank you guys. I dont think gamestop is back where they were let alone where they should be as a company....but it seems you guys are trying to make some good first steps.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Again id like to thank you guys. I dont think gamestop is back where they were let alone where they should be as a company....but it seems you guys are trying to make some good first steps.[/quote]

MSI Magus,

Thanks for the feedback, glad we can help.

We are excited by the challenge and look forward to winning your trust and admiration in the future!

Best,
Retro

[quote name='Retroactive']Hi All,

Quick update from the GameStop.com Team:

Edge Card Discount ($2 Card Not Working): We have identified the problem and this will be corrected in a patch later this evening.

Thanks again for your patience and for bringing these issues to my attention.

Best,
Retro
[/quote]

$2 card is definitely working now. Thanks for fixing this!

[quote name='Retroactive']Hi Earvcunanan,

Best,
Retro[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much for your response to this. It is very refreshing to get such feedback from a large company. Too often, it seems that companies do not hear or ignore the complaints coming from their customers. Glad to hear this issue is on your top priorities list (although early next year is quite a long ways away). Looking forward to seeing this feature implemented and for Gamestop/EBgames.com becoming a regular place for me to look for used games.

Nice work! Couldn't get this to add to my cart the other day and now it's not even on their website anymore. Oh well ...

[quote name='Uberslaughter']Got Guitar Hero II with controller shipped for $28, what a STEAL!

Thanks Retro, great promotion.[/quote]

[quote name='Uberslaughter']Got Guitar Hero II with controller shipped for $28, what a STEAL!

Thanks Retro, great promotion.[/quote]

already sold out... this is the cag effect.

[quote name='ogbaka']already sold out... this is the cag effect.[/QUOTE]

Damn didnt see that deal mentioned or would have grabbed that myself regardless of system! I was hoping to get Culdcept Saga but they didnt have it either.

one of the gamestop I went to had Soul Nomad about 6 copies for 40$ ;/
sealed phantom brave with soundtrack for 50-.-;;

They had Suikoden IV for 12.99$ ( is this one good ? )
they are quite good games but price was high.

they are quite good games but price was high.

Unfortunately, GameStop tends to go with "eBay pricing," if you will, when it comes to many older or hard-to-find games. That is why it's really useful when they have the 25% coupons in-store.

[quote name='"bigdaddybruce44"']That is why it's really useful when they have the 25% coupons in-store.[/quote]Yeah too bad you only get a good coupon every now and then. I mean 25% off UMDs? Do they still exist?

Yeah too bad you only get a good coupon every now and then. I mean 25% off UMDs? Do they still exist?

We've gotten some really good coupons so far this year. I mean, off the top of my head, in the last few months alone, we've had:

- buy one, get one on Xbox games
- 25% off PS2 games
- 25% off GameCube games
- 25% off Xbox/360 games
- 25% off PSP games and UMDs (twice)
- 25% off DS and GBA games
- 25% off PS2, Xbox, and GameCube games

[quote name='"bigdaddybruce44"'] - 25% off Xbox/360 games
- 25% off PS2, Xbox, and GameCube games[/quote]

Damn I missed those. Hope they do the 25% off xbox/360 again.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']We've gotten some really good coupons so far this year. I mean, off the top of my head, in the last few months alone, we've had:

- buy one, get one on Xbox games
- 25% off PS2 games
- 25% off GameCube games
- 25% off Xbox/360 games
- 25% off PSP games and UMDs (twice)
- 25% off DS and GBA games
- 25% off PS2, Xbox, and GameCube games[/quote]

They had B1G1 on original Xbox games this year too, but after they started getting a bunch of people using the coupon they changed it to B2G1. Sneaky tactic...

Most places honored the B1G1 if you had it printed out as soon as you got it though.

They really need to do 25% off all next gen or B2G1 on all used games soon. I can feel it coming.... ;)

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']They really need to do 25% off all next gen [/quote]

They won't. At least for PS3 and Wii games as their stock of used isn't as high as they'd like. They've been giving out the 25% coupons for everything else to open up some space, since most smaller stores are too cluttered from older titles.

The edge card is now working for me, thank you for fixing the error. I have another question, if I ordered used games from the website and did not receive the cases/manuals, could I exchange the games at a gamestop retail store that did have the games in stock in complete condition, provided it was within the return period time.

I hope they do 25% off used DS games again, the last time they did a used DS game coupon the stores had no stock since it was right after the holidays, pretty much ALL used DS games were wiped out after the holidays, leaving only a few lone games in stock and I even went to one store that didn't have ONE used Wii game after christmas!

[quote name='Chronis']They won't. At least for PS3 and Wii games as their stock of used isn't as high as they'd like. They've been giving out the 25% coupons for everything else to open up some space, since most smaller stores are too cluttered from older titles.[/quote]

The local stores I have seen have a nice amount of all next gen games. Looks like lots of people have been trading in their holiday gifts. While I doubt we'll see a 25% off coupon on all next gen games at once, a B2G1 on everything is imminent.

[quote name='SaraAB']The edge card is now working for me, thank you for fixing the error. I have another question, if I ordered used games from the website and did not receive the cases/manuals, could I exchange the games at a gamestop retail store that did have the games in stock in complete condition, provided it was within the return period time.
[/quote]

Hi SaraAB,

My interpretation would be, yes. The return policy for opened used games in stores is 7 days, so as long as you return the product within 7 days of the online packing list date you should be fine. The online stock originally came from the stores, so they shouldn't complain, especially as it gives them an opportunity to sell you more cool stuff you might not have otherwise purchased. ;)

That said, I recommend you contact your local store manager as all returns are ultimately at the manager's discretion. i.e. If you bring in 10 copies of the same game without original packaging or instructions they may send you packing. One or two every now and then shouldn't be a problem--just realize that they may not always have a replacement with box and instructions.

If you run into any problems, let me know, I would be glad to champion the cause.

Best,
Retro

I ordered Oblivion GOTY Edition tonight for $45 after tax. I'm also getting $20 from friends so they can get Shivering Isles from me. It will come out to $25 for Oblvion and Shivering Isles for me. Good deal. Thanks for the coupon Cheapy, I hope you get a little bit of cash from this.

[quote name='Chronis']They won't. At least for PS3 and Wii games as their stock of used isn't as high as they'd like. They've been giving out the 25% coupons for everything else to open up some space, since most smaller stores are too cluttered from older titles.[/quote]

This is spot on. I doubt any of us do not have the local GS with bins and bins of crappy, $10 and under PS2 and Xbox titles, as well as the wall sections/racks dedicated to PS2, Xbox, and GC games. They want desperately to sell as many of this things as possible...not just to free up space but also so they don't end up just having to destroy them.

I ordered Oblivion GOTY Edition tonight for $45 after tax. I'm also getting $20 from friends so they can get Shivering Isles from me. It will come out to $25 for Oblvion and Shivering Isles for me. Good deal. Thanks for the coupon Cheapy, I hope you get a little bit of cash from this.

This is spot on. I doubt any of us do not have the local GS with bins and bins of crappy, $10 and under PS2 and Xbox titles, as well as the wall sections/racks dedicated to PS2, Xbox, and GC games. They want desperately to sell as many of this things as possible...not just to free up space but also so they don't end up just having to destroy them.

My games just came in, and I ordered them about 1 week ago.

I was hesitant at first about ordering because of the lack of guarantee regarding manual / case, but i decided to give it a go because I was able to get Resident Evil: Dead Aim (PS2); Time Crisis 3 (PS2); and Silent Hlill 2 (XBox) for about $30 shipped.

Overall I'm happy with what I received because except for a missing manual to Silent Hill 2, all games came with case and manual, and in good condition. The only thing that bothers me is that Time Crisis 3 did not come with the guncon2, despite the website confirmation (since changed) that it would. However, after calling customer service about the issue, they said I could return any purchase I wasn't happy with to the store, along with invoice slip, for full refund.

Anybody having SAVER not work, I have both Overlord and Conan used in my cart, which totals over $32 combined after savings, but the SAVER code will not apply. Any thoughts?

[quote name='prayformojo']Anybody having SAVER not work, I have both Overlord and Conan used in my cart, which totals over $32 combined after savings, but the SAVER code will not apply. Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Worked for me when I ordered last week sometime(sniff sniff my Culdcept still hasnt come).

[quote name='prayformojo']Anybody having SAVER not work, I have both Overlord and Conan used in my cart, which totals over $32 combined after savings, but the SAVER code will not apply. Any thoughts?[/quote]

[quote name='prayformojo']Does each item have to be over $25 or just the total cart for SAVER to work?[/quote]

I just ordered Overlord, Wartech, and Tetris Evolution for xbox 360 and the Saver code worked for me. Just make sure you choose the value shipping at the very bottom of the drop down list. It will have a price of 0.00 in the drop down.

GRR, I've got an order for $25.23 after Edge and CAG15 (before tax) with value shipping, and it won't apply Saver "based on the current contents of my shopping cart."

WTF?

EDIT: nevermind, figured out only CAG16 stacks, and it no longer has the $50 minimum requirement. Total after coupons was $24.93, and saver still worked. Awesomeness.

Thanks, I ordered Metal Slug Anthology (PS2) and Overlord, and all the codes worked. Now to hope for complete/mint copies :pray:

*sighs* I even tried copying your order, and it still won't give me saver...

Ok, if I don't use cag15, then saver will work. If I do use cag15, then it claims my cart (still above $25) is no longer eligible for saver.

bread's done
Back