Sbarro prepares to file for bankruptcy!!!

[quote name='QiG']
It wasn't bad, pretty much exactly how I remembered it tasting after, idk 5+ years of not having it. 2 Slices were $6.58.. not the best deal but really not out of line with fast food prices anymore. All in all it's really comparable to Little Caesars IMO but with slightly less instant heartburn.

Cici's is the shittiest "pizza" I've ever had.. the "even bad pizza is still pizza" mentality doesn't even apply to it.[/QUOTE]

I've never had Cici's but have you ever tried Straw Hat Pizza? Easily bottom of the barrel pizza, tied with Sbarro and Chuck-e-Cheeze as far as I'm concerned.

Cici's isn't good but it's still better than sbarros.

Oh c'mon - give it a break a complete buffet for $5.59. You get what you pay for but at least the price is right.

Everytime I go to the Plymouth, MN one, there's a manager in glasses working there ALL THE TIME who's yelling at his workers in spanish. I swear he lives there.

[quote name='QiG']It wasn't bad, pretty much exactly how I remembered it tasting after, idk 5+ years of not having it. 2 Slices were $6.58.. not the best deal but really not out of line with fast food prices anymore. All in all it's really comparable to Little Caesars IMO but with slightly less instant heartburn.[/QUOTE]

Funny you mention Little Caesars. I went to one for the first time a month ago and thought it was terrible. I never thought such a thing was possible, but they had WAY too much choice. Maybe because it was one of those Caesars / K-marts that I see around here and not an actual standalone, but still.

I do remember them for their big foots though which I thought were good back in the day. I wonder if they still do those.

[quote name='2DMention']Oh c'mon - give it a break a complete buffet for $5.59. You get what you pay for but at least the price is right.

Everytime I go to the Plymouth, MN one, there's a manager in glasses working there ALL THE TIME who's yelling at his workers in spanish. I swear he lives there.[/QUOTE]

His name is Ron.

I used to go to that one all the time when I was still living in MN. The CiCis where I am now though are corporate owned (not franchises like Plymouth) and they are surprisingly better (and cheaper).

This thread needs more Chicago love! Uno, Lou Malnati, and a hundred other fat ass deep dish places still take the title for me.

As far as Sbarro goes, I've eaten there a number of times out of convenience, simply being out shopping and hungry, and I didn't think it was too horrible. Not the best by a long shot, but decent. I always thought when I was at the mall, it was better to eat someplace you couldn't have elsewhere with regularity for some reason. These places are only in malls, for the most part, around here. It always really bothered me to eat at a McDonalds at a mall, when I passed 12 of them on the way home that didn't have their prices jacked up double.

Cicis...yeah, not great, but I've stopped there for lunch a couple times cause it's 3.99 before 2:00 near me. Not too bad for that price.

I never really cared for deep dish pizzas. I don't like the thick crust and too much red sauce.

I'm more into the gourmet thin crust pizzas--no sauce (or an olive oil or alfredo sauce) with cheeze and some veggies and maybe some chicken or lamb etc. on it.

The deal breaker for me is the cheese. If its real cheese then i'm sold but if its some processed stuff i walk away.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I never really cared for deep dish pizzas. I don't like the thick crust and too much red sauce.

I'm more into the gourmet thin crust pizzas--no sauce (or an olive oil or alfredo sauce) with cheeze and some veggies and maybe some chicken or lamb etc. on it.[/QUOTE]

I'm a big sauce man. One of my friend's exes didn't like sauce on her pizza at all. Yuck.

[quote name='sdclippers']The deal breaker for me is the cheese. If its real cheese then i'm sold but if its some processed stuff i walk away.[/QUOTE]

Real cheese is sloppy and greasy as hell and gross. I guess I'm too used to processed cheese.

Sad to see another business going out of business (that sounded oddly worded). I'm sort of indifferent towards Sbarro. Haven't had a lot of their food in a long, long time, however, I did very much enjoy their garlic bread and that spinach stuffed pizza they made. Their roasted potatoes were pretty good as well. Still, I probably haven't had their food in over 10 years at least.

[quote name='2DMention']

Real cheese is sloppy and greasy as hell and gross. I guess I'm too used to processed cheese.[/QUOTE]

Yeah at first it was gross but a local pizza joint only uses real cheese and now eating processed cheese just tastes like cardboard.

I remember when Sbarro's opened in our local mall when I was a kid. Their huge New York style pizza slices were awesome!

I grew up and went away to college and hadn't had Sbarro's in years. Lately I had a slice for old time's sake and it wasn't quite the same. I'm not sure if the quality went down or I just grew up, but it wasn't as good.

I never really cared for deep dish pizzas.
I don't like all that crust, either.

Edit: Inspired by this thread, I went to a mall Sbarros and remembered why I don't go there anymore. $8 for an overpriced piece of reheated pizza and one potato and a drink are way too much to pay. It's no wonder this place is going out of business. I bet they pay $1 tops for that stuff. For $6 it would be almost worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='skinkrawl']106 replies / 3124 views

That's more attention than Sbarros has gotten in years.[/QUOTE]

exactly!

bread's done
Back