Scenario: You own a small video game store, and 90% of your customers are CAGs...

Perfect*Ending

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Yep, that's the scenario. You own and operate your own small video game shop, and 90% of your customers happen to be CAGs.

What are your thoughts on this?

My thoughts: That's like a slow and painful death to your business. It ain't gonna be good...

Also, if your store happens to accept trade-ins, you may end up having 3 walls filled with mint-condition Fairytale Fights and Sudoku Balls. Ugh.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Also, if your store happens to accept trade-ins, you may end up having 3 walls filled with mint-condition Fairytale Fights and Sudoku Balls. Ugh.[/QUOTE]

I guess that would be the benefit of owning your own store, you don't have to take any of those games if you don't want to.

I would pay Roy Schneider to dress up as his character from Jaws and just sit in a corner, gutting new games all day long.

Aww, I thought this was going to be one of those infographics, you know where 75% are flippers, 10% perform return fraud, etc.

[quote name='eastshore4']I would pay Roy Schneider to dress up as his character from Jaws and just sit in a corner, gutting new games all day long.[/QUOTE]

I don't know who that is, but Roy Scheider died a few years ago. That might be a bit creepy.

At my store employees wouldn't work behind counters, instead they sit on a hard plastic chair under a single bright light. Customers can then approach the employee and harangue them with hardcore gaming trivia or rants about company policies they dislike. Afterwards they can use one of our on-site computers to blog about how the "stupid know-nothing employee" failed their inquisition.

[quote name='Ziv']I don't know who that is, but Roy Scheider died a few years ago. That might be a bit creepy.[/QUOTE]

No I'm talking about Roy Schneider. He was a body double for Roy Scheider in the film, but he didn't get a credit since Spielberg was concerned that nit-picky message boarders in the future would fuss over the miniscule difference between their names.

Plus I was thinking of Richard Dreyfuss anyways.

You will get yelled at for making any profit and told you are bad for the community since you aren't charging wholesale + shipping. But then your store will be picked over for games that are being sold for less than their ebay value. The store will get closed when your customers notice a guy buying two copies of a game--they'll lynch him right there in the store while chanting "death to el hoardo."

[quote name='ninja dog']You will get yelled at for making any profit and told you are bad for the community since you aren't charging wholesale + shipping. But then your store will be picked over for games that are being sold for less than their ebay value. The store will get closed when your customers notice a guy buying two copies of a game--they'll lynch him right there in the store while chanting "death to el hoardo."[/QUOTE]
So you're saying the store would be a microcosm of CAG? Don't forget the glitter and knocking over magazine racks.;):applause:

As for me, if I were the store owner, a CAG and my customers were mostly CAG's I'd know which games were on sale/clearance and to lowball them when they bring in the Sears/Kmart/Target games for trade.:D

The way it is the local shop rarely takes my stuff anymore cuz I may have bragged at least a couple of times about how much I only paid.:lol: But the funniest is that when the owners brother is working there he still takes in my stuff, though he consults with his brother first.:bomb:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer'] Don't forget the glitter and knocking over magazine racks.;):applause:
[/QUOTE]

Ha, I had forgotten about that. Awesome. Is there a sticky somewhere with "best of CAG" thread links?

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Have 1 section of super old and generic games for super cheap and call it FT section.[/QUOTE]

but make the section damn near impossible to browse, because it's littered with huge dumb signs in neon letters and awesome games marked "NOT FOR SALE OR TRADE, THIS IS PART OF MY COLLECTION, JUST THOUGHT YOU'D LIKE TO KNOW LOL"

If you open a store and know 90% of your customers are CAGs, then you close up shop ASAP and count your losses.

bread's done
Back