Scene It? Box Office Smash! - Gen. Discussion & Info

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)

Features

Scene It? ® Box Office Smash for Xbox 360 brings movie and trivia fans together for a game that provides hours of laughter. Challenge your friends and family to see whose movie knowledge reigns supreme while you relive some of your favorite moments from the silver screen.
With all-new questions, more high-definition (HD) movie clips, and several new puzzle types, you have a trivia game overflowing with images plus audio and video clips from hundreds of films you know and love.
The new game lets up to four teams challenge one another from the comfort of your living room or across the miles via Xbox LIVE®. With the new Xbox LIVE experience, Scene It? Box Office Smash is the first game that lets you virtually put yourself into the game through custom avatars that respond to your play and react to one another throughout the course of the game.

• New movies, questions, puzzle challenges: It's not just trivia—it's trivia about movies you love, with hundreds of all-new questions, audio clips, photo stills, and HD movie clips never seen before in any Scene It? game. All 22 puzzle types have been designed to provide the ultimate multiplayer experience on Xbox 360.
  • Pixel Flix: This new game lets you try to name the film after watching an old-school, eight-bit-style animation of a famous scene.
  • Celebrity Ties: This is a "six degrees of separation" challenge in which you must link together a series of clues to guess the answer.
  • Which Is Which: In this game, test your power of observation as you try to determine which of two similar movie stills match a particular movie.
  • Worldwide movie trivia: Movie fans in France, Italy, German, Spain, and the U.K. have even more to love, with content from some of their favorite local films included in versions of the game sold in their countries.
  • Online multiplayer: Airplane flights are expensive, and your friends are everywhere. Solution? A Scene It? match over Xbox LIVE. Better than a phone call, playing over Xbox LIVE builds new memories with old friends and the opportunity to test your knowledge against friends or movie buffs around the world with several new online multiplayer modes.
  • At the movies: With the new Xbox LIVE experience, you can put yourself into the game through custom avatars that respond to your play and react to one another throughout the course of the game.
  • More from Xbox LIVE: With downloadable content available via Xbox LIVE Marketplace and a content tracking system that minimizes question repeats, you always have a fresh play experience.
  • Big Button Pad: With the intuitive wireless Big Button Pad, even the most console-phobic person will play, and maybe even win. The game is available with four wireless Big Button Pads, or without for aficionados who already own them from the previous Xbox 360 game Scene It? Lights, Camera, Action.

Achievements:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/achievements.php?gameID=827

------

Loved the first one...glad to see that this one finally has online play...hopefully we'll get DLC for this one. Also, according to ebgames, there will be a game only version of this game for $39.99 for those of us who don't need new "Big Button Pads".

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LinkinPrime']Loved the first one...glad to see that this one finally has online play...hopefully we'll get DLC for this one.[/quote]

Guess you missed the description.

Content: Scene It? Box Office Smash! Demo
Price: Free
Availability: All Xbox LIVE regions
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) BLOOD,CRUDE HUMOR,MILD LANGUAGE,SEXUAL THEMES,USE OF ALCOHOL,USE OF TOBACCO,VIOLENCE] Another great movie trivia experience from the people who brought you Scene It? Lights, Camera, Action! Watch real movie clips and play tons of ingenious puzzles while battling for high scores. This version has ALL NEW movie clips and trivia and great new LIVE features like online multiplayer, more awesome trivia through downloadable content, and support of the New Xbox Experience avatars!

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']Guess you missed the description.

Content: Scene It? Box Office Smash! Demo
Price: Free
Availability: All Xbox LIVE regions
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) BLOOD,CRUDE HUMOR,MILD LANGUAGE,SEXUAL THEMES,USE OF ALCOHOL,USE OF TOBACCO,VIOLENCE] Another great movie trivia experience from the people who brought you Scene It? Lights, Camera, Action! Watch real movie clips and play tons of ingenious puzzles while battling for high scores. This version has ALL NEW movie clips and trivia and great new LIVE features like online multiplayer, more awesome trivia through downloadable content, and support of the New Xbox Experience avatars![/quote]

Nah I saw it, but they promised us DLC for the first one and it never happened.

Might be time to trade the first one in since this one has online multiplayer. It's amazing what some competition can do isn't it? :)

I bought the first one and am still waiting for the DLC that was promised.

They won't be suckering me again, no way in hell am I buying a second version of this.

It was really lame how the first version of this did not have online play. It really seemed like it was absent just so they could set up this sequel.
Pixel Flix does sound pretty ace though.

[quote name='porieux']I bought the first one and am still waiting for the DLC that was promised.

They won't be suckering me again, no way in hell am I buying a second version of this.[/quote]

I have to agree... me and the girl played through the first game totally in about 14 games... and then we just stopped playing because of that... if I were going to buy a game like this now, it'd probably be BUZZ

[quote name='DestroVega']I have to agree... me and the girl played through the first game totally in about 14 games... and then we just stopped playing because of that... if I were going to buy a game like this now, it'd probably be BUZZ[/quote]

I got Buzz on the PS3...does not hold a candle to Scene It?...it gets very repetitive, even though there are tons of different questions, the gametypes are always the same and in the same order, burns you out quick.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I got Buzz on the PS3...does not hold a candle to Scene It?...it gets very repetitive, even though there are tons of different questions, the gametypes are always the same and in the same order, burns you out quick.[/quote]

i guess there will just never be a perfect game

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Nah I saw it, but they promised us DLC for the first one and it never happened.[/QUOTE]

My bad
a08.gif
didn't know that.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I got Buzz on the PS3...does not hold a candle to Scene It?...it gets very repetitive, even though there are tons of different questions, the gametypes are always the same and in the same order, burns you out quick.[/quote]

The game modes are always the same in single player and online with Buzz, but when you have multiple human players locally, then the different game types come out.

This will probably be a clearance purchase or so, depends on what my friends do that all got the first game off my recommendation.

[quote name='MSUHitman']The game modes are always the same in single player and online with Buzz, but when you have multiple human players locally, then the different game types come out.

This will probably be a clearance purchase or so, depends on what my friends do that all got the first game off my recommendation.[/quote]

True, but there's more variety and they get shuffled around, its never the same game twice.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I got Buzz on the PS3...does not hold a candle to Scene It?...it gets very repetitive, even though there are tons of different questions, the gametypes are always the same and in the same order, burns you out quick.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the mini-review. I was going to get Buzz, but I may hold off now. I was going to GameShare the quizzes also....we'll see.

I'll probably get Scene-It though....I already have the original and the buzzers, so I should be good.

Buzz is the best quiz game for overall IMO (you get sports, tv, science, celebrities, user created topics, etc.) that already has DLC available. Scene It is better for movies, but I wonder if there will be different game types when you play it online instead of doing the same game types over.

This looks like great fun whens the official release date?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Loved the first one...glad to see that this one finally has online play...hopefully we'll get DLC for this one. Also, according to ebgames, there will be a game only version of this game for $39.99 for those of us who don't need new "Big Button Pads".
[/QUOTE]

Me and my girlfriend had a lot of fun with the first game -- we've only played twice so far, so that gives us some time for that $40 tag to drop a bit ;)

[quote name='bobraskin']This looks like great fun whens the official release date?

Next Tuesday 10/28

I had no idea this was coming out next week. I suppose I'll have to put it on my christmas list or something.

An FYI for people who don't regularly check the Target thread in the bargains forum: quite a few stores are clearancing out the original Scene It for $15. So if you're thinking about getting this and don't have the first one, it's actually $5 cheaper to buy the original at Target and get the disc only copy of the new title.

Picked this up last night...very excellent sequel...improves on the first a lot more...the visuals, the games...a ton more fun. Played a couple matches on live...no lag whatsoever...easy to find a match and had a blast with random strangers.

[quote name='glockant']can you play in online matches with 2 gamertags on the same 360? thanks.[/quote]

Yes...its a little different though...you play as teams. One console = one team. Same puzzles and questions layout...anyone on your team has the ability to buzz in when they know the answer...achievements are awarded for everyone on the team whether they answered any questions or not. It actually works pretty well and its tons of fun...gets really competitive online.

So, I just played through the demo with a friend for a couple rounds. Do the rounds normally last as long as they did? It seemed a bit short to me. Definitely fun though, I'm really considering picking up the game.

[quote name='YodaEXE']So, I just played through the demo with a friend for a couple rounds. Do the rounds normally last as long as they did? It seemed a bit short to me. Definitely fun though, I'm really considering picking up the game.[/quote]

I didn't play the demo...so not sure. There's options on how to play the game. Short game = 20-30min....Long game = 30-45min...and there's custom games...which I haven't accessed yet so I'm not sure what you can do there.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Yes...its a little different though...you play as teams. One console = one team. Same puzzles and questions layout...anyone on your team has the ability to buzz in when they know the answer...achievements are awarded for everyone on the team whether they answered any questions or not. It actually works pretty well and its tons of fun...gets really competitive online.[/quote]

wow, that sounds pretty fun. thanks for the info LP. hopefully, there is a decent size community playing..

the wife and I are having a good time with this game. Its a nice and easy pick up and play, and the achievements are a nice bonus.

[quote name='tenzor']can this be used without the buzzers?[/quote]

I haven't tried it because I have them but I don't see why you couldn't. You could always score the first game with the buzzers at Target for like $15, its on clearance if you can find it.

[quote name='tenzor']can this be used without the buzzers?[/quote]

of course, you can just use a regular controller and you'll also be able to chat. if you use the big buttons, you can't chat.

Anyone know how to get the GAME ONLY version to come up on CircuitCity's website? I have a GC I want to use, but I don't see ANY version of the game listed on their site.

Thanks for the impressions everybody!

I just got the 1st Scene It from fellow CAG, IAmTheBiggestInuyashaFan, on Tuesday since he picked it up at Target on clearance. Waiting to play it next weekend when we have a Family Game Night. My family loves movies and trivia so we'll have a blast with it. I'll have to try to get this game for cheap eventually. Maybe I'll GameFly it. Online play sounds really fun!

already another of these, damn man, my wife still kicks my ass every time we play/played the first one

if anyone wants to play, add me to their list... i will warn you, i'm pretty good; i'm usually 100,000-150,000, depending on the length of the game.

The online team play sounds fun, it would be a lot of fun to play cooperatively with a group of friends or family.

I was hoping they would change the controllers though, I still don't understand why they use ir. It's really a pain that you have to point the controller right at the ir receiver. When I was playing with groups of 2 or 3 people on a team, it wasn't always easy to keep the controller pointed at the receiver when people are frantically trying to grab it or hit the button.

[quote name='msdmoney']The online team play sounds fun, it would be a lot of fun to play cooperatively with a group of friends or family.

I was hoping they would change the controllers though, I still don't understand why they use ir. It's really a pain that you have to point the controller right at the ir receiver. When I was playing with groups of 2 or 3 people on a team, it wasn't always easy to keep the controller pointed at the receiver when people are frantically trying to grab it or hit the button.[/quote]Cost. I imagine it's a whole lot cheaper to have the IR instead of the proprietary wireless connection that 360 uses. There are four controllers included with the cost of a normal game, so they have to cut back somewhere, though I do agree with you.

I didn't like the last Scene it game much, but this one is really fun. The pacing is much better and the use of avatars adds a lot, as well. A friend brought the game over tonight, and he left it here so I'll be able to play it till Friday. If anyone wants to play, my Gamertag is X Matt Young X.

The DLC has just been revealed:

“Scene It? Box Office Smash” Celebrates Hollywood with “Award Winners” Game Add-On Pack

As fans eagerly predict if their favorite actors and film makers take home top honors, Xbox invites everyone to take part in the excitement with the debut of a new awards themed Game add on pack, that will provide hours of entertainment as you test your knowledge of award winning films as well as the actresses and actors who’ve been recognized for their performances. The “Award Winners” game add on pack for “Scene It? Box Office Smash,” will be available for download from Xbox LIVE on Feb. 13 for 560 MS Points.

This game add on pack features more than 300 new questions about award winning films ranging from masterpieces such as Peter Ustinov’s Oscar-winning performance in 1960 classic “Spartacus,” to Forrest Whitakers amazing performance in 2007 BAFTA-winner for Best British Film “The Last King of Scotland” and thrillers such as 1992 Best Picture winner at the Oscars “Silence of the Lambs.” With nearly 2 dozen award-winning films spanning a variety movie genres, friends and family will have a blast reliving some of their favorite and most memorable moments from the silver screen. Additionally, this pack includes a brand new bonus-round puzzle type dubbed “Pop Quiz,” offering more than 600 new true or false style questions to keep the action going all night long.

Release Date: February 13th
Price: 560 MS Points
Content: 300 new questions plus new "Pop Quiz" game type with more than 600 new T/F style questions

Well, Scene it took too long for DLC and I was playing the same game over and over again... so I went out and bought BUZZ for PS3 and that game is a lot more fun in my opinion.

Might still pick this up, going to wait for people's reactions

[quote name='DestroVega']Well, Scene it took too long for DLC and I was playing the same game over and over again... so I went out and bought BUZZ for PS3 and that game is a lot more fun in my opinion.

Might still pick this up, going to wait for people's reactions[/quote]

Come back after you played Buzz 5-10x's and see if you still feel the same way :D

Oh snap!

Speaking of downloadable content:
Capitalizing on the movie award season, Microsoft will be releasing the first set of downloadable content for Scene It? Box Office Smash. The 560
microsoftpointslogosmall.gif
Award Winners pack, as it's called, will be available Friday, February 13th and come packed with over 300 questions that are targeted towards over two dozen award winning films. But that isn't all, the Award Winners DLC will also add a new bonus-round game called "Pop Quiz" that's said to feature around 600 true or false questions. That's some box office smashing news, no?
http://xbox.joystiq.com/2009/02/04/scene-it-bos-to-test-your-award-winners-knowledge-with-new-dlc/

Definitely getting it.

Hmmm... I love Scene It? but I pretty much win every game when I play against people at home. Not sure if I'll be able to get peeps to play with me anymore, we shall see. I do like the addition of Xbox Live multiplayer, but whenever I usually start winning everyone else quits. I am looking forward to this DLC but I don't know if I'll buy it just yet.

bread's done
Back