Scene It? Lights, Camera, Action - Gen. Discussion

ZForce915

CAGiversary!
Feedback
112 (100%)

Features

Scene It?® Lights, Camera, Action brings friends and family together for a casual movie trivia game that everyone can play and enjoy. Using the simple and intuitive Big Button Pad, challenge your friends to see whose movie knowledge reigns supreme, with real content from your favorite movies and actors.

• New puzzle challenges: The Xbox 360 game includes more than 1,800 questions not seen before in any otherScene It? game. It features five new types of puzzle challenge that are sure to keep you guessing all night long.
  • Game types: Enjoy "Credit Roll," where you guess the film based on the list of characters and actors, "Child’s Play," where you guess the name of the film based on a child’s drawing of a film scene, and "Quotables," where you are challenged to finish a famous line from a featured film. In addition, all 21 puzzle types have been designed to provide the ultimate multiplayer experience on Xbox 360.
  • Big Button Pad: Scene It? Lights, Camera, Action is shipped with four new wireless Big Button Pads, so each player has his or her own buzzer. Making games such as Scene It? more approachable for all types of players, the Big Button Pad takes its inspiration from the game show buzzers of yesteryear but uses the latest infrared technology to minimize the chances of an argument over who answered first.
  • Hi-def visuals: The game offers a wide assortment of movie clips in HD format, as well as hundreds of stills and audio clips from your favorite films.
  • Minimal repeats: The Xbox 360 version keeps track of questions that have already been asked and minimizes repeats so you rarely get the same question twice.

Trailers:

[MEDIA]http://www.xbox.com/NR/rdonlyres/71B7EF8A-FE3F-43AC-A623-E227D784A9CF/0/vidsceneite32007Hi.asx[/MEDIA] [MEDIA]http://www.xbox.com/NR/rdonlyres/2F66D846-483B-4D8B-8333-00084126BAD9/0/vidSceneIt_GameOnhi.asx[/MEDIA]

I saw an ad for this in my OXM this month and it has me kinda interested. A game that promises 1,800 questions and comes bundled with 4 big button controllers for $59.99 seems do-able. Especially if other similar games could follow for $30-40 without the controllers.

I'm thinking of getting this...I wonder how fast the price will drop?

Unfortunately I doubt the big-button controllers will ever be used again.

Sucks, since Trivial Pursuit would rule with them.

The scene-it game itself looks like crap, kind of like the regular DVD version.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Unfortunately I doubt the big-button controllers will ever be used again.

Sucks, since Trivial Pursuit would rule with them.

The scene-it game itself looks like crap, kind of like the regular DVD version.[/QUOTE]

You don't like the Scene-it games? I've always found them fun with groups of 4.

I agree that the big button controllers have the possiblity of being the next DK Bongos but knowing they are out there allows other publishers to design for them, or more realistically allows MS to put more of these games.

[quote name='ZForce915']You don't like the Scene-it games? I've always found them fun with groups of 4.

I agree that the big button controllers have the possiblity of being the next DK Bongos but knowing they are out there allows other publishers to design for them, or more realistically allows MS to put more of these games.[/QUOTE]
If we ever see Trivial Pursuit on the 360 (and we should, it was on the XBX), then I just hope they keep the big-button controllers in mind.

I don't like how the Big Button controllers use IR, though.

I also don't like multiple choice.

There should be a way to use a moderator in Scene-IT, one person plays as the director of the game, and confirms if people's answers are correct. People could be given like 3 seconds to answer after buzzed in, and then the real answer would be shown and the moderator would confirm if the person's answer matched up. Or everyone could moderate, so as soon as the other person says your answer is correct it would be accepted.

Like if you watch the pictograph game, it's pointless, once you buzz in they put the answer right in front of you. Pictographs shouldn't be a multiple-choice game.

Scene-it has way too much bullshit. I got it hoping for a straight-up movie trivia game, and instead I am asked questions like "how many times did they use 'eh' in that Fargo scene?" Screw that.

If Jeoprady wasn't owned by Sony, having 4 controllers would make it perfect for Jeopardy.

[quote name='thrustbucket']They already updated Uno to use those controllers, and could update others.[/QUOTE]

Really, when did you hear that? That is a good sign of things to come.

I wonder if replacement controllers would be available to order from MS?

I am pretty sure my girlfriend is buying this game just so we can play it. Plus I can use it to get some easy nerd points.

[quote name='ZForce915']Really, when did you hear that? That is a good sign of things to come.

I wonder if replacement controllers would be available to order from MS?[/quote]

Big Button Pad Support – The Big Button Pad takes its inspiration from the buzzers used by contestants in countless game shows throughout the years, making it easy for players of all ages and skill levels to get in the game. Four Big Button Pads are included with each copy of “Scene It? Lights, Camera, Action,” a social and engaging movie trivia game launching this November. Players will also be able to use the Big Button Pads to play "UNO" on Xbox LIVE Arcade.
http://gamerscoreblog.com/team/archive/2007/10/22/554110.aspx

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Does the game have online play?[/QUOTE]

Not according to the MS website. Too bad though, that would be a great bonus.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Does the game have online play?[/QUOTE]

Based on the quiz in the retail site, no.

I imagine Microsoft is taking a loss on this game, only because they know they can put up expansions over Live for $10-15 and people will eat it up. Sign me up for the updated Disney one already.

I want to see a Jeopardy game on the Xbox 360 using these controllers. Who has the rights to Jeopardy now anyway? I still play the SNES version of those games.

[quote name='ananag112']I want to see a Jeopardy game on the Xbox 360 using these controllers. Who has the rights to Jeopardy now anyway? I still play the SNES version of those games.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='PyroGamer']If Jeoprady wasn't owned by Sony, having 4 controllers would make it perfect for Jeopardy.[/QUOTE]

It will never happen.

i have been interested in this game since e3...would love to play a trivia game with the wife and friends...

online play was stated as not being in this version, but future versions are allegedly supposed to have it.

Demo is Live:

Content: Scene It? LCA Demo
Price: Free
Availability: Not available in Asia
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) BLOOD,LANGUAGE,SUGGESTIVE THEMES,USE OF ALCOHOL,USE OF TOBACCO,VIOLENCE] From the makers of the DVD-based board game comes Scene It? Lights, Camera, Action.
Size: 619.00 MB

this was kinda fun, even though I didn't get any of the questions right. and why isn't this online? Espically when it's a pretty simple game.

[quote name='akilshohen']this was kinda fun, even though I didn't get any of the questions right. and why isn't this online? Espically when it's a pretty simple game.[/QUOTE]

My guess would be lag.

This game can come down to fractions of seconds between button presses and will likely just frustrate people when the host starts getting to answer most questions before anyone (which would happen).

My wife really wants this game, so I'll probably end up picking it up. It's the only 360 game she would actually wants, so I think it'd be a nice win-win gift.

Has anyone received an error when trying to download the demo from XBLM? I keep getting an error message about 1 minute in saying "Can't download Scent It" and that's it.

[quote name='Walt Jay']My wife really wants this game, so I'll probably end up picking it up. It's the only 360 game she would actually wants, so I think it'd be a nice win-win gift.[/quote]

I'm with ya on this one...my wife actually beat me on our first play through and this is the FIRST game she has said, "We need to pick this up when it comes out!"....not to mention, she said, " This picture and the colors are amazing" when I broke out King Kong on the new HDDVD drive tonight. Whats' going on here? I almost feel like I own a Wii again;)

[quote name='screwkick']I got a copy today at Target. Street date is today I believe.[/QUOTE]

What do you think of the controllers?

I was going to get this @ Best Buy during lunch break, but since I'm going on vacation for the weekend, I'll hold off on it til next Friday...that's when I get paid! ;)

controllers work well, I didn't know that it came with a sensor I thought they worked on the same wireless as the regular controllers. I actually haven't played the game yet only mess around with the controllers.

The demo was better than I expected, but I dunno if I'd pick this up. Probably if I had a lot of people over more often I would.

Has the developer promised DLC, or is that just assumed based on the nature of the game and the fact that MS likes money?

As others mentioned, my Wife really liked the demo and wants me to get this. I dont really like the $60 price tag but might not be a bad way to score some points with the wife and score some easy achievement points.

How does everyone like it so far? I wonder how many games you will have to play before the questions start repeating...

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']As others mentioned, my Wife really liked the demo and wants me to get this. I dont really like the $60 price tag but might not be a bad way to score some points with the wife and score some easy achievement points.

How does everyone like it so far? I wonder how many games you will have to play before the questions start repeating...[/quote]

the 360 keeps track of your questions and therefore it takes a while before you get repeats... there are 1,800 ?'s and I'm sure some DLC on the way.

Picked it up as a present for my girlfriend. Went through on the "Long Game" and once on the "Short Game". Overall a really cool, fun, laid back game. Sure do hope they roll out DLC for it as it would be great to have some more questions to go around. Can't wait to have some more people over along with some booze to enjoy the full potential of this game :D

Picked it up as a present for my girlfriend. Went through on the "Long Game" and once on the "Short Game". Overall a really cool, fun, laid back game. Sure do hope they roll out DLC for it as it would be great to have some more questions to go around. Can't wait to have some more people over along with some booze to enjoy the full potential of this game :D

I still haven't picked this up but I intend to soon. All this talk of DLC is interesting but as far as I know all based on presumption.

bread's done
Back