Scene It? Lights, Camera, Action - Gen. Discussion

[quote name='gamcreator']So do they have a 1 player mode or do you have to have friends over to play?[/QUOTE]

Nope, you can do single player. I don't think there are AI opponents though, so you'd be playing alone.

So lonely. :cry:

Sounds like the reviews from CAGs are pretty good so far and the only reviews out are in the 70-80& range so Maybe I'll pick this up to play with the wife and her family when they come over this weekend. Too bad there is no online play...

I decided to pick up my copy tonight and got three other people over the house to get some 4 player action going. It was pretty damn fun. Controllers work very well, and I hope Microsoft gets more games made that make use of them. If anyone is looking for some sort of deal for this game, don't forget to make use of the 10% off your next purchase at Gamestop. The coupon can be found somewhere in the first two pages of the deals forum.

just played last night with 3 other people. It's a lot of fun. The only thing I wish is if the controllers were completely wireless without the sensor because one person that was playing didn't have a good angle on the sensor and was having trouble answering.

[quote name='Walt Jay']My wife really wants this game, so I'll probably end up picking it up. It's the only 360 game she would actually wants, so I think it'd be a nice win-win gift.[/QUOTE]
Ditto...The wife wants this game also after playing the demo.

[quote name='Cyb3-rr']Has the developer promised DLC, or is that just assumed based on the nature of the game and the fact that MS likes money?[/QUOTE]

One review I read mentioned that DLC was not builtin to this title.

Does anyone see any menus for DLC or any mention of it anywhere in the games material? It would extend the life of the game more, that's all.

Also, anyone find a deal on this?

[quote name='M1C13']just played last night with 3 other people. It's a lot of fun. The only thing I wish is if the controllers were completely wireless without the sensor because one person that was playing didn't have a good angle on the sensor and was having trouble answering.[/QUOTE]

??? Can you show a picture of the contents of the box? I didn't know there was a sensor inside.

[quote name='Ruined']One review I read mentioned that DLC was not builtin to this title.

Does anyone see any menus for DLC or any mention of it anywhere in the games material? It would extend the life of the game more, that's all.

Also, anyone find a deal on this?[/quote]

There's a menu in the game for DLC... right now it brings you to the demo, which is all they currently have on XBL...

Played last night with my girlfriend for 2 hours. (4 short games)

1st game I was behind 10,000 points when 12 Angry Men clip came up in final cut...

I basically guessed on every answer and got them all right... and I beat her by 30,000... She yelled bullshit, and was off her game the rest of the night. Boo yah.

Those who have the board game must know, this is set up very differently... before I bought it I thought it would be the board game on screen, but the game is point based... it's different, still fun as hell.

The wireless controllers were fine, I wasn't even pointing mine at the sensor and had no problems... SOLID TITLE!

[quote name='gamcreator']So wait... there's a sensor with the big button pads? Why aren't they just using the licensed Microsoft wireless technology?[/QUOTE]

Best guess is due to cost, RF vs. IR.

[quote name='DestroVega']There's a menu in the game for DLC... [/quote]
Interesting...kind of contradicts this IGN review:
[quote name='IGN']The biggest downside to the gameplay is that there is essentially no Xbox Live integration. This game would have been perfect to play with friends or random people from across the country, or at least have the ability to download new questions for a fee from Microsoft's online service. As it stands there doesn't seem to be anything of the sort, but that's not to say that they couldn't release a patch that opens up online functionality later on.[/quote]

not sure about dlc, but I thought around e3 when it was announced that they said the first iteration would not have online play, but future releases will.

Lame
Went to go buy this at Walmart last night, they were out.

But I have a projector so my 360 is behind the couches. IR technology is useless for me.

No sale.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Lame

But I have a projector so my 360 is behind the couches. IR technology is useless for me.

No sale.[/QUOTE]

You think that's bad , I went to CC and they don't even carry it .

Maybe use a USB extension ?

[quote name='thrustbucket']Lame

No sale.[/QUOTE]

You can use normal Xbox 360 controllers as well.

The demo for this game was so riddiculously bad. There wasn't a single actual movie trivia question in the whole fucking game.

[quote name='PyroGamer']The demo for this game was so riddiculously bad. There wasn't a single actual movie trivia question in the whole fucking game.[/QUOTE]
Huh?

whats your definition of movie trivia?

mine would be multiple choice questions about movies. Just like ever other Scene it! game which is exactly what the demo had and the game has.

[quote name='M1C13']Huh?

whats your definition of movie trivia?

mine would be multiple choice questions about movies. Just like ever other Scene it! game which is exactly what the demo had and the game has.[/QUOTE]
My definition of "movie trivia" would be "trivia on the subject of movies".

Trivia =/= multiple choice questions.

"Trivia" is trivial bits of information, movie trivia is trivial little bits of information pertaining to film.

In fact, not even your definition of "movie trivia" fits the game: there are almost no questions. Instead, there are orders: "name the movie this stupid drawing is of", "voice out these pictograms to come up with a movie name" "watch this three minute clip that has jack-shit nothing to do with the 'questions' we're about to ask you".

SceneIt sucks. If you can't easily tell that from the demo then it would be fruitless to attempt to have a rational discussion with you. To each his own, I suppose.

Even if it was a game filled with simply film-trivia questions, the fact that they choose to rely on the lame framework of multiple-choice would fail this game regardless.

Whoa.... alright. Well it's Scene it! on the 360 is that an alright definition. It's fun. I'm sorry it doesn't do everything you want a game to do, but really when's the last time a game did? And how boring would a game be if it was watch this clip and then answer 5 questions directly from the clip. repeat. at least they think of fun mini games that get you think about different movies.

And my definition of "trivia" is based on trivia games (Subject. Multiple choice question. Whoever answers first wins.) which is relating it to what it is not Webster which is just the definition of the word trivia.

It still seems like a decent party game or to play with the Wife. I think I'll pick it up next week at TRU and use my $35 in GC from the SMG deal!

I played the demo. I would definitely consider the questions where you choose what is missing from each scene to be trivia. I got the one for Little Miss Sunshine wrong, considering I've never seen it.

Just bought this yesterday at BB with the $5 off coupon and the $25 GC I got with Mario Galaxy.

I've only played with one other person so far, but it's still quite a bit of fun. I like how they partial out additional points at the end of the round ala Mario Party. I think with 4 players the game would be an absolute blast.

I got the game this Wednesday and have been really enjoying the game. Its better than I thought. I prefer this over the DVD versions of the game. Its fast, easy, simple fun. I think its well worth the price. Awesome game when played with 3 other people.

[quote name='PyroGamer']My definition of "movie trivia" would be "trivia on the subject of movies".

Trivia =/= multiple choice questions.

"Trivia" is trivial bits of information, movie trivia is trivial little bits of information pertaining to film.

In fact, not even your definition of "movie trivia" fits the game: there are almost no questions. Instead, there are orders: "name the movie this stupid drawing is of", "voice out these pictograms to come up with a movie name" "watch this three minute clip that has jack-shit nothing to do with the 'questions' we're about to ask you".

SceneIt sucks. If you can't easily tell that from the demo then it would be fruitless to attempt to have a rational discussion with you. To each his own, I suppose.

Even if it was a game filled with simply film-trivia questions, the fact that they choose to rely on the lame framework of multiple-choice would fail this game regardless.[/QUOTE]

Don't take this the wrong way, but what the hell DO you like? You seem to shit on just about everything.

[quote name='ZForce915']Don't take this the wrong way, but what the hell DO you like? You seem to shit on just about everything.[/QUOTE]

Stealing halloween candy from children, throwing bricks at elderly women, and Al-Qaeda.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']These are stocked by Target. Wasn't aware
people were having trouble finding it.[/quote]

No joke, I live in the Las Vegas area and they are all over the place.

I picked this up last night and my wife and I played tonight. Definitely, tons of fun and the controllers worked perfect. I can't wait to get some of our friends over for some 4 player action.

Yea, wife and I picked this up tonight as well. Had a fun time with it. Should be good with groups too. I ended up paying zip for this becuase I had a bunch of TRU GCs including the one from SMG this week but even if I had to pay for it I think it is a fun party game and definitely good if your SO wants to play games but isn't down with HALO.

can someone explain the Answer 10 questions in under 1second thign.. Does that mean I have to buzz in in under 1 second, or buzz in and then select the right answer in under 1 second, or just got the full 2000 points on 10 answers? I swore I did this a couple times now and never have gotten the acheivement?

[quote name='REL1203']can someone explain the Answer 10 questions in under 1second thign.. Does that mean I have to buzz in in under 1 second, or buzz in and then select the right answer in under 1 second, or just got the full 2000 points on 10 answers? I swore I did this a couple times now and never have gotten the acheivement?[/QUOTE]

You know, I am wondering the same exact thing. I assumed it was answer & get 2000 points. Even on the answers where you DON'T have to buzz in..I've gotten a lot more then 10 2000 point questions right. It doesn't state "10 in a row" "10 in 1 game" it just says "Answer 10 questions under 1 second".

Hopefully we don't have a glitch achievement :whistle2:(

I just ordered this game from yourfree360games.com , It can't be bad since it's free. Plus my friends are movie buffs we are gonna have a great time.

[quote name='lilboo']You know, I am wondering the same exact thing. I assumed it was answer & get 2000 points. Even on the answers where you DON'T have to buzz in..I've gotten a lot more then 10 2000 point questions right. It doesn't state "10 in a row" "10 in 1 game" it just says "Answer 10 questions under 1 second".

Hopefully we don't have a glitch achievement :whistle2:([/quote]

Apparently you have to buzz before the question even shows up....superfast.....don't worry if it is right or wrong....
This is what I got from the a360p site.

[quote name='Wolve11']Apparently you have to buzz before the question even shows up....superfast.....don't worry if it is right or wrong....
This is what I got from the a360p site.[/QUOTE]

So they have to be buzz in questions? Or just answer the question, regardless of whatever type it is.

So if I turn this on, and answered the first 10 questions in a flash, I should get this?! Nice !

This is funny, I was just playing this last night with my wife (she is 2-1 overall over me) and found the topic unearthed.

This is really fun, the acheivements seems obtainable after playing for a while...just a really good game. I really hope there is a TV edition soon.

Anyone hear of DLC? I was hoping this was gonna be the type of game that gets update ALOT, yet there hasn't been one. I've been through the majority of questions. Most of the categories are repeats but I still get about %40 new questions per game. My profile must have damn near all of them completed. Hopefully we'll get some DLC like 80's question or genre specific.

The the most recent OXM it is noted that Scene It is viewed as a "franchise" and not a one shot and there is more in the pipeline.

They say that "you can expect us to continue to deliver more Scence It? titles to the xbox360. Whether these games take the form of new product at retail, DLC, or both is still to be decided."

Cool for us. They also said that there are plans for more uses for the big button controller, but nothing is for sure.

I got it from Trainn.

My friends really dig it (and most of them are movie buffs). I'm having fun playing them, even though I am nowhere near as good as they are.

Great family/friends game for sure.

EDIT: I would do so much better with a TV version. I hope they get that out here soon.

A video game edition would be fantastic, though I don't know if they'd ever make such a version.

I got it for Christmas. Definitely fun. I would also like some DLC, I could see genre packs.
The first 250 or so achievement points were really easy and came without working for them.
I want sequels, but on a related note, I would also love to see a You Don't Know Jack game that uses the controllers. Or anything really, the YDKJ games were awesome.

Can't wait to see more DLC/Games involving Scene It.
Sports/Music/TV are my hopefuls.
Video Games would be awesome, but nobody I know would play it with me.

Like everyone else has said, this game is awesome. Its great playing it with friends or family. The only thing now is that we keep getting repeats and more repeats. Occasionally get some new trivia but we have just played it too much. I hope that in the future they add some Television Trivia, anything after the late 80's because if its before that I wont know a thing. I have the board game version and I just suck at it. Also a Horror Movie version would be awesome but not likely.

Plus the thing that makes this game even better is that I got it free :lol:.

bread's done
Back