Sci Fi Sale at Amazon - includ. Star Trek all shows, all seasons 35.49 each!

Stingercjc

CAGiversary!
Link to main sale here

Looks like Amazon has all the Star Trek shows at 35.49 per season. It's probably a part of that sci-fi deal they have been running, but no Star Trek appears on the page that lists the series on sale.

Deep Space Nine
http://www.amazon.com/Deep-Space-Nine-DVD/b/ref=amb_link_0?ie=UTF8&node=1199692

Next Generation
http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Next-Generation-DVD/b/ref=amb_link_0?ie=UTF8&node=916526

Original Series
http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Original-TV-DVD/b/ref=amb_link_0?ie=UTF8&node=294972

Voyager
http://www.amazon.com/Voyager-Star-Trek-Sequels-DVD/b/ref=amb_link_0?ie=UTF8&node=1199696

Enterprise
http://www.amazon.com/Enterprise-Star-Trek-Sequels-DVD/b/ref=amb_link_0?ie=UTF8&node=1199694

Now that is a lot of Trek!

About $105 for the three Star Trek Original seasons individually or $175 for the 3 in one set, which to get?...

If I had the money, I'd like to get TNG & TOS. But I don't, so this will have to wait for another day & time.

whoa

Considering that most of us paid 100 bucks PER season
when this first came out.

Good deal... might pick up voyager just to complete my collection.

[quote name='espy605']Still like $300 for all of DS9, blah[/quote]

which comes out to about $1.69 per episode which is not bad at all.

Bah, if only I had the money, I'd get every season of DS9, TNG, and Voyager.

Being a poor college student sucks. :(

Damn... very very tempting. I just DLed Season 1 of DS9 because it's the only trek my wife has never seen and she generally liked the rest of them. I keep telling her that it's the best one but she doesn't believe me. Just paying the $40 per season would be a lot less of a hassle than burning all 20 episodes to 5 DVDs or whatever...

nice deal and tempting, but i'm probably going to hold off for the hopefully eventual HiDef releases. I bought the ST:TNG sets when they first come out too, so the price makes me cry

if only this sale would be around next time i get paid been busting my ass with overtime and i'd have the money then to get ng and ds9.

I'll wait for the eventual Blu-ray release of every season. I've waited this long already there's no point in buying them now.

oh man, very tempting.

friend of mine has the complete TNG on DVD and I watched it over a couple weeks a few years ago. so good.

DS9 though, that's my favorite so I'm trying to convince myself not to buy it at that price.

Whoa, I read this thinking that they were selling a package of every Star Trek show and season for $35.49. That... That'd be neat.

(and yes, I am aware that I am stupid)

[quote name='Jeoff']I'll wait for the eventual Blu-ray release of every season. I've waited this long already there's no point in buying them now.[/QUOTE]

Were the episoes shot on film?

[quote name='v0yce']Were the episoes shot on film?[/quote]

A Blu-Ray redo of the other Star Treks are very unlikely, and if they do get relre;eased in HD I doubt it will be within the next 10 years.

Thanks OP, ordered Star Trek season 2 and might order more. I'm sure this will be on Blu-Ray at some point, but it will no doubt lack the old effects.

[quote name='v0yce']Were the episoes shot on film?[/quote]

From what I have read this seems to be the case for TNG, DS9, and VOY.

[quote name='Pookymeister']nice deal and tempting, but i'm probably going to hold off for the hopefully eventual HiDef releases. I bought the ST:TNG sets when they first come out too, so the price makes me cry[/quote]

The problem with this is that although TNG is great, and it would be awesome to see this in a blue ray release some day, the original source material won't hold up too well during the transfer to HD. Look carefully at season 1 and 2 of TNG. In order to really make TNG shine on HD, Paramount or another restoration studio would have to go in and give the video and audio a deep, hard scrubbing. The visual effects would have to be given an update as well so we would get new cgi shots of the Enterprise D (which shouldn't be a problem since the models are out there).

DS9, Voyager and Enterprise shouldn't be a problem since the cameras from the mid/late 90's did a pretty good job back then and paramount did a good job persevering the video footage.

As for making TNG HD worthy, it is very possible (as paramount is tinkering with this right now) but the cost will be passed down to fans like us so do expect to see a season of TNG HD with a MSRP of at 200-300 dollars.

From what I've gathered, TNG, DS9, and Voyager were all shot on film but transferred to video for editing and special effects. Basically, no episodes of those series exist in an edited form with effects on film stock, it's all on standard definition video.

Paramount would have to go back to the original film stock, clean it up, re-edit every episode, and then redo all the effects in high definition since they would look like crap (even cleaned up and upconverted) from their standard def source on video.

I can see TNG getting a remastered release, since it is probably the most popular Trek, though it would cost Paramount a lot of money to do it. I just can't see DS9 and Voyager getting the same though. Enterprise would be the easiest one to release on Blu-Ray.

[quote name='Stingercjc']From what I've gathered, TNG, DS9, and Voyager were all shot on film but transferred to video for editing and special effects. Basically, no episodes of those series exist in an edited form with effects on film stock, it's all on standard definition video.

Paramount would have to go back to the original film stock, clean it up, re-edit every episode, and then redo all the effects in high definition since they would look like crap (even cleaned up and upconverted) from their standard def source on video.

I can see TNG getting a remastered release, since it is probably the most popular Trek. I just can't see DS9 and Voyager getting the same though. Enterprise would be the easiest one to release on Blu-Ray next.[/quote]

Agreed... Enterprise would be extremely easy to port over to HD since it was shot in HD to begin with.

It all depends on how Paramount does it with TNG. If they screw up the conversion to HD and charge an insane amount with nothing new (no new interviews or footage or whatever), it's gonna piss off the fans. To be honest, a TNG HD conversion should have been done last year for TNG's 20th anniversary instead of that cool box set they put out.

If they do it right, and at a fair price (under 200), I think the fans would be pleased (new commentaries would be nice on key episodes). Paramount would see the numbers and probably green light DS9/VOY to blue ray.

[quote name='Richard18']which comes out to about $1.69 per episode which is not bad at all.[/quote]

I paid $120 for the entire X-Files series, and $130 for the entire Stargate SG-1 series, so $300 for DS9 is hard for me to accept, although I do love it.

I need to pick up a few more seasons of DS9.

How do these prices compare to DD DVD when they have their 20% off sale?

[quote name='javeryh']Damn... very very tempting. I just DLed Season 1 of DS9 because it's the only trek my wife has never seen and she generally liked the rest of them. I keep telling her that it's the best one but she doesn't believe me. Just paying the $40 per season would be a lot less of a hassle than burning all 20 episodes to 5 DVDs or whatever...[/QUOTE]

You have an Xbox 360...just burn the downloaded files AS FILES onto the DVD, so it's only 1 (or 1 and a half) discs per season. Voila.

[quote name='kyouteki']You have an Xbox 360...just burn the downloaded files AS FILES onto the DVD, so it's only 1 (or 1 and a half) discs per season. Voila.[/quote]

That works assuming they aren't XVID encoded files, and I'm willing to bet that is exactly what format they are in.

[quote name='Stingercjc']That works assuming they aren't XVID encoded files, and I'm willing to bet that is exactly what format they are in.[/quote]

I think the 360 plays XviD now. not that I would know first hand about things like that, but a "friend" of mine watched a few movies in that codec on his 360 just a week or two ago.

[quote name='kyouteki']You have an Xbox 360...just burn the downloaded files AS FILES onto the DVD, so it's only 1 (or 1 and a half) discs per season. Voila.[/quote]

Would this really work? I guess there's no harm in trying - worst case scenario is I make a coaster...

[quote name='kromekoran']I think the 360 plays XviD now. not that I would know first hand about things like that, but a "friend" of mine watched a few movies in that codec on his 360 just a week or two ago.[/quote]

I'll have to test that out, the last time I tried to watch an XVID on my 360 it didn't work. Thanks for the info.

[quote name='Slappybob']Bah, no Battlestar Galactica.

That's sci fi isn't it? :roll:[/quote]

No, it's a drama that's on HBO so they can charge insane amounts for it...

Oh wait.....

I wouldn't think the latter episodes of TNG would need much improving. The early seasons were pretty rough with regard to effects and picture quality, everything always seemed to dark to me in those first few seasons. After around season 3, they finally got things in order and improved the effects and picture quality.

About the only thing they would need to change in the later episodes would be the borg shield effect. Back then they just did a cheap blurring effect, then later in voyager and first contact they did the green body shield.

So tempting....I bought Season 1 years ago. That's all I could stomach purchasing at the time. Now I don't have the money to buy these at 1/3 that cost :(
So sad.
I might break and pick one of them up, tho :)

[quote name='Scrubsy']The godzilla set is a great deal, seven movies that retail for $15 each are now $40 together.[/QUOTE]

God Damn, thanks for posting. That is a great price on the godzilla set. Even though I have Gojira I think I'm still going to pull the trigger on that.

[quote name='KingDox']God Damn, thanks for posting. That is a great price on the godzilla set. Even though I have Gojira I think I'm still going to pull the trigger on that.[/quote]I have two of them already, but I can easily sell them since this is such a great deal. I guess two of the movies that are in here are not being released seperatly so thats why I didn't even think twice about buying this.

thanks for the post, damn good deal on those Star Trek season sets, wish I had some money to throw down on them, but I just got TNG Season 5 used for 30 at MovieStop the other day, I can wait on this...however new copies of these at Moviestop are selling for $100

thanks for the post, damn good deal on those Star Trek season sets, wish I had some money to throw down on them, but I just got TNG Season 5 used for 30 at MovieStop the other day, I can wait on this...however new copies of these at Moviestop are selling for $100

I got a grant from my college (and I don't even know how, I didn't apply for one or anything, they just sent me a check in the mail), so I decided to spend some of the money on myself and order all 7 seasons of Deep Space Nine, my favorite Star Trek series. :D

Just a heads up you can get the Star Trek box sets for cheaper at BarnsNoble.com

dont know if copy pasting from SD is ok but here the info. Credit goes to Katncaed at Slick Deals

[quote name='katncaed']Barnes and Noble is having a huge 40% or more off sale on many DVD's. Use the directions below to get 58% or more off.

Note: You will have to make seperate orders with different email accounts to purchase multiple DVD's. The 25% off code is good for 1 use for "new" customers only.

Click here for the 5% off & free shipping portal.

Then copy and past this link into the window that opens up:
btobvideo.barnesandnoble.com/sale/index.asp?PID=22038&btob=&cds2Pid=18521&linkid=1151100

25% off coupon code - A8P8N9P - you must make a new account for each one you order. This means you will have to use multiple email acounts if you order more than one.[/QUOTE]

Voyager for less than 200 bucks woo

Not a Star Trek fan, but I am in for:

The Thing (Collector's Edition)
Night of the Comet
Plan 9 From Outer Space
Alien Apocalypse (just for Bruce Campbell)

Thanks for the heads up, OP!

The Borg Collection is $20 ish, is that a good deal for this pack? I'm not a huge trekie but i have always loved the borg episodes.

I was a little surprised to see this sale is still going on. I'm highly tempted to pick up a few more TNG or DS9 sets :)

bread's done
Back