Scott Pilgrim vs. the World Blu/DVD Nov. 9, $25.99 Amazon, Steelbook for UK ~$29!

SDC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
Releases Nov. 9th
TONS OF INFO via SP Facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=146425358732768&id=49491894003
Blu ray release: Blu ray copy, DVD copy, digital copy (for a limited time only?)
DVD release: DVD only, apparently
It looks like a lot of features are going to be blu-ray specific, including Scott Pilgrim vs. the Animation.
DVD list price is $30 according to best buy, Blu-ray/DVD two disc set list is $40

As nearly always, Amazon currently has the best deal:
(considering the list price of $40, I'd assume this is also a two-disc Blu/DVD)
$26.99 Now $25.99
http://www.amazon.com/Scott-Pilgrim...ef=sr_1_3?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1285020220&sr=1-3

DVD Only
$18.99
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

Best Buy
Blu Ray two disc (w/ DVD) $29.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Scott+Pilgrim+Vs+The+World+%282+Disc%29+%28W/Dvd%29+-+Widescreen+-+Blu-ray+Disc/1364902.p?id=2155349&skuId=1364902&st=scott%20pilgrim&lp=1&cp=1

DVD only: $19.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Scott+P...5350&skuId=1364939&st=scott pilgrim&lp=2&cp=1

Hopefully the prices will go down a bit for release week. But I'm so hyped about this release I wanted to get the word out.

UPDATE
UK STEELBOOK AVAILABLE FOR IMPORT
One caveat: UK release is Dec. 27th, while the US release is Nov. 9th.

17.99GBP on Amazon.co.uk. Minus VAT it is 15.31 GBP, and adding back in shipping the final price is 18.39 GBP which converts to $29.27 US.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Scott-Pilgr...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1286542242&sr=8-1

Now up at HMV.com as well, with a price of 17.99 GBP, roughly $28.67
http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1;-1&sku=696063
HMV

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='joshnorm']Ha I knew this would be out to DVD/Blu before Too long. what is it 3 months/4 months turn around?[/QUOTE]

Depressingly it is. Came out August 13th.
All we can do now is hope CAG (...and everyone else) buys the dvd/blu release. It deserves it.

day 1, bitches. one of 2010's best. hoping all the supplements are HD.

any guesses who the last character is?

[quote name='exRounder']day 1, bitches. one of 2010's best. hoping all the supplements are HD.

any guesses who the last character is?[/QUOTE]

Already revealed to be Knives Chau via her playable-character portrait. I wasn't sure if I should mention that in the OP, though.

[quote name='SDC']Already revealed to be Knives Chau via her playable-character portrait. I wasn't sure if I should mention that in the OP, though.[/QUOTE]

How can it be Knives Chau considering that she's the summon in the game. Like every character can summon Knives to their aid...so who would Knives summon?

I'll definitely pick it up, but I'm hoping for a bit of a better price. I loved the movie, and the game was pretty good. Really improved on what I found wrong with the comics.

DLC is pretty cool too. Like how South Park did it a few season releases ago.

[quote name='blahtastic']How can it be Knives Chau considering that she's the summon in the game. Like every character can summon Knives to their aid...so who would Knives summon?[/QUOTE]
You obviously have not gotten the other secret assist in the game.

Plus day one and whatever store exclusive there will be I will get.

[quote name='blahtastic']How can it be Knives Chau considering that she's the summon in the game. Like every character can summon Knives to their aid...so who would Knives summon?[/QUOTE]

That's a good question, but it really has already been confirmed to be Knives.

http://img827.imageshack.us/f/portraits.png/

Also: Developer's blog where the image is from, where he also mentions the probability of her being DLC tied to the DVD release
"As far as I know, the sixth character will be a downloadable one and will only come out with the DVD release of the movie"
http://boutain.blogspot.com/
Lots of awesome/depressing info on all the stuff they originally wanted to include, and that we have TWO secret modes still undiscovered in-game.

[quote name='SDC']Already revealed to be Knives Chau via her playable-character portrait. I wasn't sure if I should mention that in the OP, though.[/QUOTE]

thanks, haven't kept up with the game news since i beat it

Day One No matter what honestly! Even with that price!

[quote name='SDC']Depressingly it is. Came out August 13th.
All we can do now is hope CAG (...and everyone else) buys the dvd/blu release. It deserves it.[/QUOTE]

Lets hope we get a sequel! Just like we deserve an Anchorman 2 sequel damn it!

[quote name='georox']It's a day-1 buy for me, and I'll buy every store exclusive version of it too.[/QUOTE]

Sadly enough....So Will I cause of my love for the movie/comics.

[quote name='hmbtnguy']One of my favorite movies of 2010. It's sort of sad how quickly this is being released to home video.[/QUOTE]

It really is, I mean it hit the cheap theater here within two weeks of it's release and that's a damn shame really considering how awesome of a movie it is.

[quote name='genfuyung']Day one purchase for me. Movie goers these days are fucking idiots.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, this movie should have done so much better in the theaters.

A lot of you wonderful, this-movie-buying-folks keep mentioning store exclusives. Do you guys really think there will be different store exclusives, or indeed any store exclusives?
I'd certainly buy them all as well, but I'm not sure it will be a big enough release to warrant that.

I think it's harder to find a movie that's in theaters longer than 3-4 months now. It really isn't that short of a turnaround, just average. However, it's a shame it didn't do better in the box office. Hopefully the DVD sales will redeem it financially.

I'm sure it'll go down in price before it comes out; I'm actually kind of hoping there won't be store exclusives; I just want to get it for cheap @ Amazon with credit.

Pretty cool about the DLC though. Do you guys think it would be a redeemable code like rave cards, or is this something that would be on disk?

Edit: Really hope the Blu comes with different artwork than that though; I always like how basic the movie poster was.

[quote name='hmbtnguy']One of my favorite movies of 2010. It's sort of sad how quickly this is being released to home video.[/QUOTE]

Thats cause it wasnt a very good movie no matter how good the special effects were.

[quote name='lolwut?']Edit: Really hope the Blu comes with different artwork than that though; I always like how basic the movie poster was.[/QUOTE]

Plus the red poster with Cera holding the guitar had a weird looking shadow, he is holding the guitar parallel/alongside his body but the shadow its perpendicular to him. At least in the full size, they had smaller posters without that part of the shadow. As shown below.

scott-pilgrim-movieposter.jpg

[quote name='Arakias']Thats cause it wasnt a very good movie no matter how good the special effects were.[/QUOTE]

Could we not start this? You are entitled to your opinion, but I don't a deal thread about the film is the most productive place to be calling it not-good.

I'm hoping for a better sale price that first week, but this a movie I don't think I'll mind paying for. I don't think I'd be able to hold out till Black Friday ha.

pre ordered even though i dont have a blu ray player... but since is comes with dvd also its a good deal for when i do get a blu ray player... :D

Does anyone know which console the DLC is for? I ask because my PS3 died recently and I have no plans to replace it, so I kinda want the DLC for the 360 version of the game, since that's all I can play.

Regardless, I'll pick it up day one. Hopefully my Wal-Mart will have a day one deal for it, like they have in the past ($14.99 DVD, $19.99 Blu-Ray)

[quote name='Arakias']Thats cause it wasnt a very good movie no matter how good the special effects were.[/QUOTE]

Go away so we can discuss this deal with out this stupid debate.

ANYWAYS, I hope there isn't a lot of exclusives but I see it happening.

[quote name='Keavy_Rain']Does anyone know which console the DLC is for? I ask because my PS3 died recently and I have no plans to replace it, so I kinda want the DLC for the 360 version of the game, since that's all I can play.

Regardless, I'll pick it up day one. Hopefully my Wal-Mart will have a day one deal for it, like they have in the past ($14.99 DVD, $19.99 Blu-Ray)[/QUOTE]

I decided to remove the mention of possible DLC from the OP, because the Facebook page makes no mention of it. Given that, it seems more likely that the DLC may just be actual DLC.
Which is kind of disappointing.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Price is a bit too high for a blind buy.[/QUOTE]

Price is a bit too high, and I saw it in the theater.

Get it to $20 and I'll pick it up.

I'm just wondering if it'll come with the original alternative ending as well since
there was one where Scott with Knives instead, but it didn't test very well according to rumors.

I saw this movie and really liked it. Wright successfully "translated" the reading of the comic book into film form. So I appreciated it even more after the film, when I read through the comic books. Pre-ordered.

Guys, it's probably being released this quickly more to capitalize on holiday shopping rather than it's box office take.

With that being said, never got to see in it theaters but am looking forward to renting it for sure, perhaps blind buying if the price comes down a little.

[quote name='lawdood']Guys, it's probably being released this quickly more to capitalize on holiday shopping rather than it's box office take.

With that being said, never got to see in it theaters but am looking forward to renting it for sure, perhaps blind buying if the price comes down a little.[/QUOTE]

It only brought in 31 million. Not really that much honestly. Even though Kick-Ass brought in 41 million. Hell Batman and Robin (one of the worst comic movies EVER IMHO) brought in 107 Million. I just think anything below 50 million in todays movies is really crappy for the theatres so they try to put it out on dvd ASAP. But that's just my take.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']It only brought in 31 million. Not really that much honestly. Even though Kick-Ass brought in 41 million. Hell Batman and Robin (one of the worst comic movies EVER IMHO) brought in 107 Million. I just think anything below 50 million in todays movies is really crappy for the theatres so they try to put it out on dvd ASAP. But that's just my take.[/QUOTE]

It did worst than Vampire Sucks. The holidays might be the best chance for it to do well on DVD/Blu Ray

[quote name='62t']It did worst than Vampire Sucks. The holidays might be the best chance for it to do well on DVD/Blu Ray[/QUOTE]

As a earlier poster said, Movie goers today are idiots. Who the hell keeps seeing movies like Vampires sucks, and date movie and crap? Jeez. It's a damn shame you know.

My friend has been telling me I NEED to see this movie. I was going to see it in theaters, but it was out of theaters before I could get the chance. So I may just give the blu-ray a shot.

Also it's more than a shame that movies like Vampire's Suck continue to make money and eat up theater screens that could be showing something worth seeing.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']It only brought in 31 million. Not really that much honestly. Even though Kick-Ass brought in 41 million. Hell Batman and Robin (one of the worst comic movies EVER IMHO) brought in 107 Million. I just think anything below 50 million in todays movies is really crappy for the theatres so they try to put it out on dvd ASAP. But that's just my take.[/QUOTE]

$50 million isn't bad... EXCEPT this movie cost ~$80 million to make. Kick Ass was $20-30 million IIRC so a $50 million take isn't bad. (this doesn't factor in marketing costs however).

This movie's BO Take is surprising to me, it should've done better and wasn't by any stretch a "bad movie". So many shit movies make so much more than this, its almost unfair.

[quote name='h0mi']$50 million isn't bad... EXCEPT this movie cost ~$80 million to make. Kick Ass was $20-30 million IIRC so a $50 million take isn't bad. (this doesn't factor in marketing costs however).

This movie's BO Take is surprising to me, it should've done better and wasn't by any stretch a "bad movie". So many shit movies make so much more than this, its almost unfair.[/QUOTE]
I think one of it's problems was that it was positioned against the nostalgia fest known as Expendables.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']As a earlier poster said, Movie goers today are idiots. Who the hell keeps seeing movies like Vampires sucks, and date movie and crap? Jeez. It's a damn shame you know.[/QUOTE]

Probably the same people who made Inception and Toy Story 3 successful...

Scott Pilgrim's marketing wasn't very good. I tell someone I loved it and they look at me weird, I tell them what it's about and they're like "Oh, well, that does sound sort of cool." Also, there was heavy competition that weekend.

I'm not sure what it matters to us. There was no plan or need for a sequel and we got a pretty incredible movie.

[quote name='aboveaveragewes']Probably the same people who made Inception and Toy Story 3 successful...[/QUOTE]

BOth of those were miles ahead of Scott Pilgrim IMO.

[quote name='opterasis']BOth of those were miles ahead of Scott Pilgrim IMO.[/QUOTE]

I think that his point was that all three of them are good, and not every moviegoer watches crap all the time. SP's bad marketing and stiff competition were bigger factors than the public never supporting good movies, hence referencing two really good and successful movies.

bread's done
Back