Scott Pilgrim vs. the World Blu/DVD Nov. 9, $25.99 Amazon, Steelbook for UK ~$29!

SDC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
Releases Nov. 9th
TONS OF INFO via SP Facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=146425358732768&id=49491894003
Blu ray release: Blu ray copy, DVD copy, digital copy (for a limited time only?)
DVD release: DVD only, apparently
It looks like a lot of features are going to be blu-ray specific, including Scott Pilgrim vs. the Animation.
DVD list price is $30 according to best buy, Blu-ray/DVD two disc set list is $40

As nearly always, Amazon currently has the best deal:
(considering the list price of $40, I'd assume this is also a two-disc Blu/DVD)
$26.99 Now $25.99
http://www.amazon.com/Scott-Pilgrim...ef=sr_1_3?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1285020220&sr=1-3

DVD Only
$18.99
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

Best Buy
Blu Ray two disc (w/ DVD) $29.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Scott+Pilgrim+Vs+The+World+%282+Disc%29+%28W/Dvd%29+-+Widescreen+-+Blu-ray+Disc/1364902.p?id=2155349&skuId=1364902&st=scott%20pilgrim&lp=1&cp=1

DVD only: $19.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Scott+P...5350&skuId=1364939&st=scott pilgrim&lp=2&cp=1

Hopefully the prices will go down a bit for release week. But I'm so hyped about this release I wanted to get the word out.

UPDATE
UK STEELBOOK AVAILABLE FOR IMPORT
One caveat: UK release is Dec. 27th, while the US release is Nov. 9th.

17.99GBP on Amazon.co.uk. Minus VAT it is 15.31 GBP, and adding back in shipping the final price is 18.39 GBP which converts to $29.27 US.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Scott-Pilgr...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1286542242&sr=8-1

Now up at HMV.com as well, with a price of 17.99 GBP, roughly $28.67
http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1;-1&sku=696063
HMV

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LinkinPrime']I'm still waiting on the artwork before I bite on the Steelbook.[/QUOTE]

Same - but I just printed out the NES style cover, so I'm good to go in case I do buy the regular version!

[quote name='bitzer']I've had a pre-order for the US-Blu since it was announced, but I'm hoping for some steelbook artwork confirmation soon so I can make a decision about which to actually purchase.[/QUOTE]
This is where I'm at. Got pre-orders on both, but if the steelbook art isn't something super spectacular I'll cancel it.

I got mine in yesterday morning. Almost always amazon prime sends me blu-rays out the friday before they are released with 2-day shipping and I get it on that Monday. I wish they did that for video games...I wonder if that'd work.

Just a quick heads up, it looks like Amazon dropped the price from $25.99 to $24.99 as of the release date (today). I've already contacted customer service about getting the difference refunded, but the first one who contacted me back said he can't do anything. He said it has something to do about how prices fluctuate and they can't refund money after someone purchased something at a higher price. But it clearly goes against their Pre-Order Price Guarantee, which states:

"If your order enters the shipping process before the release date and the price is lowered on the release date, we will automatically refund your credit card for the difference between the price you were charged and the release-date price."

I know it seems silly to bother them about $1, but if they've got the policy in place I might as well utilize it. Unless I'm not reading it incorrectly I should be right about this. Just figured I'd give this heads up to those who pre-ordered it at $25.99 and also want that small difference refunded.

[quote name='BMXJouster']Just a quick heads up, it looks like Amazon dropped the price from $25.99 to $24.99 as of the release date (today). I've already contacted customer service about getting the difference refunded, but the first one who contacted me back said he can't do anything. He said it has something to do about how prices fluctuate and they can't refund money after someone purchased something at a higher price. But it clearly goes against their Pre-Order Price Guarantee, which states:

"If your order enters the shipping process before the release date and the price is lowered on the release date, we will automatically refund your credit card for the difference between the price you were charged and the release-date price."

I know it seems silly to bother them about $1, but if they've got the policy in place I might as well utilize it. Unless I'm not reading it incorrectly I should be right about this. Just figured I'd give this heads up to those who pre-ordered it at $25.99 and also want that small difference refunded.[/QUOTE]Hit them again with the "Did I solve your problem?" with the "No" link.

If the price drops post-shipment up until 11:59PM PT today, you're due to get the credit back from them. I went through this same issue with them previously and I had to do two emails to get them to credit it back.

If they get lippy about it in email, hit them with the link to the T&C for the Pre-Order Price Guarantee:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/promotions/details/popup/AWT354OR7BM1U

Regardless of when your item ships out in advance of release date, if it drops in price between then and 11:59PM PT on release day, you're due for the credit without question if the item has a Pre-Order Price Guarantee on it.

[quote name='shrike4242']Hit them again with the "Did I solve your problem?" with the "No" link.

If the price drops post-shipment up until 11:59PM PT today, you're due to get the credit back from them. I went through this same issue with them previously and I had to do two emails to get them to credit it back.

If they get lippy about it in email, hit them with the link to the T&C for the Pre-Order Price Guarantee:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/promotions/details/popup/AWT354OR7BM1U

Regardless of when your item ships out in advance of release date, if it drops in price between then and 11:59PM PT on release day, you're due for the credit without question if the item has a Pre-Order Price Guarantee on it.[/QUOTE]

Yup, that's exactly what I ended up doing. I selected the "No" link from the e-mail, and sent a new message referring directly to the Pre-Order Price Guarantee to show I was right. They've already sent me a new e-mail saying that they were sorry and were going to refund me the difference.

Apparently enough people sent in messages about that $1. I just got an email saying they are refunding me a $1. I didn't even request it.

is there any indication that the blu ray comes with the new DLC for the game for free? im waiting to buy it, but i cant find the blu ray anywhere. Is there any confirmation on this? it was announced some time ago but im not sure how concrete it was...

[quote name='TPerryoo7']is there any indication that the blu ray comes with the new DLC for the game for free? im waiting to buy it, but i cant find the blu ray anywhere. Is there any confirmation on this? it was announced some time ago but im not sure how concrete it was...[/QUOTE]
Nope. Didn't come packed with it and considering it's coming out later this month for 360 I'm not surprised.

[quote name='bardockkun']Nope. Didn't come packed with it and considering it's coming out later this month for 360 I'm not surprised.[/QUOTE]

so I assume all the DLCs for SP will be purchasable off the XBL marketplace.

[quote name='basis']so I assume all the DLCs for SP will be purchasable off the XBL marketplace.[/QUOTE]
It's only one, it comes with Knives as a playable character and the Battle Royale and Dodgeball modes. It's already up on the PSN for $1.99, so it'll probably be 160 points on the 360.

Ah, well i picked up the blu ray today, I found an easter egg with a cheat code for the game. It makes your character burst into 50 dollars worth of coins once entered.

Check out the Special features section somewhere, i think the deleted scenes section, press over and a little Level Up scott head will appear.

Im curious if there are any more easter eggs like this for the game.

[quote name='JP']Apparently enough people sent in messages about that $1. I just got an email saying they are refunding me a $1. I didn't even request it.[/QUOTE]

They have a automated process to refund the money. You just got a CS person that didn't know what they were talking about.

Didn't get to see this in theaters as I moved across country and it was gone already once I was settled in. Hit up blockbuster for it and have watched it 3 times in the past 2 days. Just ordered it off Amazon, screw price drops, to me $25 for blu ray, dvd and digital is a good deal. Have a feeling this will end up being a cult hit in the long run like Rocky Horror or Five Deadly Venoms.

[quote name='TPerryoo7']Ah, well i picked up the blu ray today, I found an easter egg with a cheat code for the game. It makes your character burst into 50 dollars worth of coins once entered.

Check out the Special features section somewhere, i think the deleted scenes section, press over and a little Level Up scott head will appear.

Im curious if there are any more easter eggs like this for the game.[/QUOTE]

I found a code for the Power of Love sword under the scene selection.

Any word on the visuals in the UK release? From what I've read in several reviews, the blu ray lacks the "color explosion" that the theatrical version provided.

Just a little heads up, the NBC Universal Store is selling the Blu-Ray/DVD Combo pack for $19.99 plus if you enter promo code: FAF25 you'll get an additional discount of 25% off(ends 4/25)...which comes out to $14.98!...but with their inflated shipping it comes out to around $19.98. Still, $5 cheaper than Amazon.

http://www.nbcuniversalstore.com/detail.php?p=283404

This also applies to the regular DVD

Last edited by a moderator:
Random question- I don't buy a lot of movies with digital copies... actually, this is my first one. So, I'm just curious- if I download the movie to a computer, can I only play it on that computer? or is it possible to download it to a flash drive and watch it on any computer? (Don't own a smart phone/ipod/ipad and don't intend to, so that's not an issue.)

[quote name='DuelLadyS']Random question- I don't buy a lot of movies with digital copies... actually, this is my first one. So, I'm just curious- if I download the movie to a computer, can I only play it on that computer? or is it possible to download it to a flash drive and watch it on any computer? (Don't own a smart phone/ipod/ipad and don't intend to, so that's not an issue.)[/QUOTE]They're locked to the computer you "install" them to, with DRM.

So, yes, it's only viewable on the PC you set up the digital copy on, not any PC.

[quote name='shrike4242']They're locked to the computer you "install" them to, with DRM.

So, yes, it's only viewable on the PC you set up the digital copy on, not any PC.[/QUOTE]

Well that sucks- I mean to buy a new computer in a few months anyway, so I don't want to redeem it on a system I'm gonna be using anymore. I'll have to make a note of when the code expires.

I got a kick out of the extras with the stunt doubles/motion capture folks... "Hey- that's a guy. Dressed as Ramona, in a bad wig. :lol:"

[quote name='Banana Peel Assassin']Just a little heads up, the NBC Universal Store is selling the Blu-Ray/DVD Combo pack for $19.99 plus if you enter promo code: FAF25 you'll get an additional discount of 25% off(ends 4/25)...which comes out to $14.98!...but with their inflated shipping it comes out to around $19.98. Still, $5 cheaper than Amazon.

http://www.nbcuniversalstore.com/detail.php?p=283404

This also applies to the regular DVD[/QUOTE]

I'm only getting 15% off. :(

[quote name='thelonepig']I'm only getting 15% off. :([/QUOTE]

yeah, a friend of mine had the same problem. I had him call them up and they were able to change the price manually...they really couldn't argue it either since the entire site had banners all over it saying "take an additional 25% off all items".

I want this movie so bad... I know the bundle has an excellent value... I mean, Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy + a lot of easter eggs and extras = excellent.

But, dayum... CAG has spoiled me a lot. I just can't pay more than $15 for a movie now.

=(

[quote name='shrike4242']They're locked to the computer you "install" them to, with DRM.

So, yes, it's only viewable on the PC you set up the digital copy on, not any PC.[/QUOTE]

Itunes DCs are tied to the itunes account, and you can have up to 5 computers authorized to your itunes account (and can reset them). The DC for windows media player is much, much more limiting and just sucks ass.

bread's done
Back