notorious_pip

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I won the following auctions on August 17th

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3953&item=190018780353

and

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3953&item=190018782179

My payment via PayPal was sent the same day for both auctions. I don't receive my items for a month so I file a PayPal item not received dispute. The guy promptly sends the comics from the second auction but not the first. PayPal rules the dispute in his favor because both items are on one invoice and I filed for an item not received dispute not an item not as described dispute. He's been doing the same thing to a shitload of people as you can see by his feedback.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=cimarules

Is there anything I can do? I'd like to contact all the people he screwed over and press charges for mail fraud with his local authorities or something along those lines. Anybody know how to go about that? Thanks.

That's pretty disgusting. I'd actually advise against posting the scam method so explicitly, as word about it has been spreading around (and there are always people lacking in morals who'd do anything for extra cash).

I filed a complaint, but it was ruled in his favor because of the loophole.

Like I stated and listed in the auctions, I made the purchases on August 17th, well before these negatives were racking up on his account.

[quote name='notorious_pip']I filed a complaint, but it was ruled in his favor because of the loophole.

Like I stated and listed in the auctions, I made the purchases on August 17th, well before these negatives were racking up on his account.[/quote]

Ah, I had a similar experience once based on feedback. Was looking to buy a nitro R/C, saw a good deal on one. Seller had great feedback and a few people were buying the item. I won, paid, a few weeks later no contact. I go check his ebay account, negatives started racking up for the r/c auctions, every single one. Oh well, guess we can never be safe even when it looks legit.

Live and learn, best bet is to always get a single invoice per auction. I would give more advice, but its evil :cool:

Judging from his feedback, he might ripping off people buying his crap, but he's still buying stuff from other people(probably with the stolen money).

Hopefully karma will come back to bite him in the ass and somebody rips him off for a huge wad of cash.

What was the loophole he got around?

I'm pretty shocked his Ebay account is NARU'd. Even though Paypal is pretty lax in doing anything about anything, once you get a pattern of chargebacks they usually jump on the chance to freeze your account and hold your money. Maybe is account got frozen and thats why he isnt selling anything ATM

Dave

[quote name='MightySlacker']Maybe is account got frozen and thats why he isnt selling anything ATM

Dave[/quote]
If that's true, then how's he still buying stuff? Looking at the auctions, all the ones he won, the people wanted Paypal.

OP, I'd call Paypal's CS and mention exactly what has happened to see if you can get your money back.

Check the problems section of the trading guide and the mailfraud guide in this forum's FAQ. I'd file mail fraud charges against the guy at least.

So PayPal doesn't let a buyer follow up an item not received dispute with a SNAD dispute? Basically the guy could have sent you anything in that package and PayPal would have said go eff yourself. Screw that. Raise a stink with eBay and PayPal, though it may not do you any good in the end.

[quote name='ECW_fan']With so many negs, why did you buy from him in the first place?[/QUOTE]

I agree. It sucks you got screwed, but basically you set yourself up for this. I don't care how many positives someone has the negative always out weigh them. I hope everything works out and I hope someone gets this asshole booted from eBay.

I would go into the Ebay forums and make a disscusion about how this guy has ripped many people off already.

I also suggest contacting the people who was ripped off and get a laywer.

I would also suggest pointing this out to the BBB also.

The case is easy here he probably only sent one item that was described in the mulitple item price listing.

This would prove to be a fatal flaw in ebay if nobody could ever get this guy or the money he has stolen.

In fact I will make the topic later today if nobody else will.

Once again open and shut case you and all those other people deserve justice.

[quote name='neudog']I agree. It sucks you got screwed, but basically you set yourself up for this. I don't care how many positives someone has the negative always out weigh them. I hope everything works out and I hope someone gets this asshole booted from eBay.[/QUOTE]

It's already been mentioned the OP bought from the guy before the negatives were there.

[quote name='Roufuss']It's already been mentioned the OP bought from the guy before the negatives were there.[/QUOTE]

Sorry about that. Guess I must've scrolled past the post mentioning this...oops:p I thought eBay had some policy to rid there server of people like this?

[quote name='neudog']Sorry about that. Guess I must've scrolled past the post mentioning this...oops:p I thought eBay had some policy to rid there server of people like this?[/QUOTE]

fuck getting them off the server. Ebay should have some police show up at this house and arrest the p.o.s. that he is.

Call Paypal and explain the fraudulent activity and show them how it's happening to everyone else.

Consider contacting his local authorities as well.

I had a similar problem with paypal. Go to the better business buearu's website and file a report on paypal for not upholding their protection promise. Make sure to include a detailed description of HOW he is abusing their poilicy and how paypal wouldnt help you. It only took about 2-3 days for paypal to agree to refund me when I did that.

In my case paypal issued me a full refund including shipping costs but required me to mail the items to them first.

I think failing that you can file a report thru ebay after 30 or 60 days and get your money back minus a $25 fee. Either way go thru the BBB first.

[quote name='RegalSin2020']I would go into the Ebay forums and make a disscusion about how this guy has ripped many people off already.

I also suggest contacting the people who was ripped off and get a laywer.

I would also suggest pointing this out to the BBB also.

The case is easy here he probably only sent one item that was described in the mulitple item price listing.

This would prove to be a fatal flaw in ebay if nobody could ever get this guy or the money he has stolen.

In fact I will make the topic later today if nobody else will.

Once again open and shut case you and all those other people deserve justice.[/quote]
SHUT THE fuck UP. You have no idea what you are talking about, and spreading misinformation is worse than being no help at all.

1 - You can't do that in ebay forums. You might always have a hidden agenda, and if you start talking shit about a seller in ebay forums you will get your account suspended ASAP.

2 - There's no reason to contact other buyers. The chances of actually following through with what I assume you are suggesting, a class-action lawsuit, are zero. No lawyer would take it, and he'd end up losing far more money in pursuing it than he did with the comics.

3 - BBB 99 out of 100 times is useless. It should be used as a last resort if Paypal won't help you out.

4 - There's no case. This person obviously decided that being trustworthy wasnt as lucrative as scamming people. The "case" is that huge list of negs. Now the problem is causing enough stir at paypal to get them to do something about it.

5 - There is no "fatal flaw" in ebay. One scammer getting away with a few grand in comics is MEANINGLESS. The entire ebay empire will not crumble. Theres too many people that dont give a shit until they get scammed themselves.

Please don't post in this forum again until you have a basic understanding of the things you speak of.

OP, the best bet is to call paypal and explain the situation. If you must contact buyers, encourage them to do the same, and tell the paypal rep to notice the pattern of chargebacks associated with his account. If you dont get the answer you want, ask to speak with a higher-up. If you still don't, call again the next day and speak with someone else and continue to do so. As a last resort, try the BBB and see if they can coerce Paypal into making an "exception" for you.

Dave

I never bid on anything with someone who has 1 or more negative feedback...That dudes feedback is crazy...I've never seen so much red.

1 or more negative feedbacks? That's crazy.

I read the negative feedbacks given to sellers. Often times, you can spot buyers who are idiots, newbies to ebay, or scammers easily with their feedback and any followup comments from sellers.

If i were you I'd consume as much as i could possible eat of spinnach, cheese, milk, cabbage, meat, eggs and wash it down with as much beer and whiskey i could. Then id drive to his house and take 3 boxes of laxitives, wait until they take effect... walk to the front of his house and fucking spray everything i have all over his house. Then to add insult to injury you could climb onto his car and spray all over that as well... make sure you get his door handles as well.

[quote name='MightySlacker']3 - BBB 99 out of 100 times is useless. It should be used as a last resort if Paypal won't help you out.[/quote]
Not really. At least, not in my personal experience. I've contacted them a number of times in the past years and each time they've assisted me to my satisfaction.

5 - There is no "fatal flaw" in ebay. One scammer getting away with a few grand in comics is MEANINGLESS. The entire ebay empire will not crumble.
I don't believe anyone suggested it would. I believe what was suggested is that the rules as currently described by eBay and PayPal allow for sellers to get away with rather treacherous practices which are specifically employed to rip off buyers.

Please don't post in this forum again until you have a basic understanding of the things you speak of.
And by what authority are you requesting this?

Yeah your money is gone forever. Paypal has been exploitable in multiple ways from day 1. Luckily most people aren't shitheads.

[quote name='DreamSymphony']If you bought with a credit card through paypal contact your card and do a chargeback.[/QUOTE]

I unfortunately have my PayPal linked to a bank account and a credit card not just solely a credit card, so I can't do that.

[quote name='MightySlacker']OP, the best bet is to call paypal and explain the situation. If you must contact buyers, encourage them to do the same, and tell the paypal rep to notice the pattern of chargebacks associated with his account. If you dont get the answer you want, ask to speak with a higher-up. If you still don't, call again the next day and speak with someone else and continue to do so. As a last resort, try the BBB and see if they can coerce Paypal into making an "exception" for you.

Dave[/QUOTE]

As far as calling up PayPal, do I just tell them to check out cimarules' recent feedback on eBay then and just wait and see what they do? I filed a complaint with the BBB already regarding this matter. I think I'll call up the Round Lake, IL police department tomorrow. Do I just tell them that Michael Besser has been committing acts of mail fraud on eBay and e-mail them a link to his feedback page? Should I get into contact with the other buyers that he screwed over beforehand? Thanks.

I had a similar experience. I won Panzer Dragoon Saga. After a month he didnt send anything so I filed a didnt receive complaint. He then sent me Panzer Dragoon(the first one) with delivery confirmation, and since he sent something, I lost the dispute from paypal.

I then called my credit card company and they did a chargeback. Which is probably the only thing you can do at that point. I got my money back. That is exactly why I never pay with my checking account and always use a credit card with paypal. You never know when someone is going to screw you(the guy who screwed me had 1500+ feedback and only 1 neg years ago).

[quote name='XboxHardcore.com']I say you create a ebay account and just bid insane amount of $ on his shit and don't pay.[/QUOTE]

He hasn't set up any new auctions since August 17th when he sold all that stuff and screwed people over, so even if I wanted to do that I couldn't.

[quote name='pinoy530']I had a similar experience. I won Panzer Dragoon Saga. After a month he didnt send anything so I filed a didnt receive complaint. He then sent me Panzer Dragoon(the first one) with delivery confirmation, and since he sent something, I lost the dispute from paypal.

I then called my credit card company and they did a chargeback. Which is probably the only thing you can do at that point. I got my money back. That is exactly why I never pay with my checking account and always use a credit card with paypal. You never know when someone is going to screw you(the guy who screwed me had 1500+ feedback and only 1 neg years ago).[/QUOTE]

Can I take off the credit card on my current account and then create a new PayPal account with that credit card? Does PayPal care if you have multiple accounts at one address?

[quote name='notorious_pip']Can I take off the credit card on my current account and then create a new PayPal account with that credit card? Does PayPal care if you have multiple accounts at one address?[/QUOTE]

You can take out that credit card and put it in a new account, but you have to make sure you take it out of the other account first since they won't let you have the same credit card on multiple accounts. Also, they may make you keep atleast one credit card on file per account though, so you may need to enter another credit card if you attempt to remove one, if I recall correctly. Paypal doesn't care if you have multiple accounts at one address.

[quote name='notorious_pip'] I think I'll call up the Round Lake, IL police department tomorrow. Do I just tell them that Michael Besser has been committing acts of mail fraud on eBay and e-mail them a link to his feedback page? Should I get into contact with the other buyers that he screwed over beforehand? Thanks.[/quote]
Call their Police Department, get name of the officer you talked(for reference). Then contact the other sellers and give them the number and the name of the officer, tell them to contact that officer since they already have a report of it. That will definitely put up a red flag with their PD with all these calls from people on the same guy reporting that he scammed them.

Is it possible that the account has been hijacked? I mean why would someone who built up feedback from 1999 al of a sudden go bad.

[quote name='guinaevere']Not really. At least, not in my personal experience. I've contacted them a number of times in the past years and each time they've assisted me to my satisfaction.[/quote]

That's great, but the BBB really can't do anything. They are powerless mediators at best. They forward your complaint, then wait for a reponse. They can't force a resolution, and some companies don't even care what their BBB rep is. Paypal has a ton of black marks on disputes not resolved through the BBB, but they still have the stamp of approval because they pay their dues.

I don't believe anyone suggested it would. I believe what was suggested is that the rules as currently described by eBay and PayPal allow for sellers to get away with rather treacherous practices which are specifically employed to rip off buyers.

Uh, that's not what was suggested. Read his sentence, notice the bold, and take it in context with the other mornoic statements in his post. THis is probably the most glaring of the paypal rules that is slanted against the buyer, but if you take all of the loopholes the general consensus is that paypal rules favors the buyer more often than not.

And by what authority are you requesting this?

I don't need any "authority". There is a ton of misinformation about paypal practices that consistently gets posted in this forum, and when I see it I clear it up so the person needing advice doesn't do anything foolish. This is a thread for someone asking for advice, and then I see a post that not only has nothing useful, but the first sentence suggests an idea that would get the person suspended from ebay. Once again, keeping quiet is better than offering misinformation.

If you are seriously looking for authority, I can provide references from people who I have helped solved disputes, can provide my track record of winning both sides of paypal claims, can show you my few thousand internet transactions with almost flawless feedback, etc. But I don't think that's necessary.

Dave

[quote name='notorious_pip']
As far as calling up PayPal, do I just tell them to check out cimarules' recent feedback on eBay then and just wait and see what they do? I filed a complaint with the BBB already regarding this matter. I think I'll call up the Round Lake, IL police department tomorrow. Do I just tell them that Michael Besser has been committing acts of mail fraud on eBay and e-mail them a link to his feedback page? Should I get into contact with the other buyers that he screwed over beforehand? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Explain the transaction in simple terms - he didnt send, you filed an item not received, then you didnt get the items as described. Tell them that he has since got a boatload of negative ebay feedback for doing the same thing, and their records on him should show a boatload of chargebacks (he probably did the same thing - make them file INR, then send incomplete stuff). Call his local PD and get someone you can explain the information to, then you when you file a complaint at YOUR local PD you can give him that contact information so the process can be handled faster. On the way home, stop by the post office and talk to the postmaster about a mail fraud complaint. If you want, contact the other people that left negatives and give him the PD info and who to request so they can do the same thing. Make sure you have both transaction pages, his feedback, and the paypal payment info pages printed out and a few copies of each.

Dave

As a last resort contact the BBB though. Its free and the worst that will happen is they won't do anything. I've only had the 1 problem with paypal refusing to issue me a refund and the BBB helped me tremendously. I agree that nothing is guaranteed though there is no harm in contacting them. If you do contact the BBB make sure to point out how easy it is to exploit paypals policy's.

bread's done
Back