Scribblenauts - New Concept on Interaction - From Drawn To Life Devs

[quote name='Scorch']Shrink Ray is fun. You can spawn an elephant, shrink it, then ride it around :)[/QUOTE]

I used it on myself in "Pull the Starite!" Worked great!

BTW anyone know the opposite of the shrink ray? i tried Growth, Grow, & Big ray/machine, but just get the fish. I wanna try giant Satan vs tiny God, hehe :D

i goofed around with that game and made wings, a dragon, a teleporter and some other stuff. if you have on wings
and ride stuff that stuff will fly too.

I was trying to make a flying pig like they have in the users manual and can't get it to work.

Tried: Flying Pig, Winged Pig

Also Tried: Pig and Wings separately, but can't equip on Pig

[quote name='thelonepig']I was trying to make a flying pig like they have in the users manual and can't get it to work.

Tried: Flying Pig, Winged Pig

Also Tried: Pig and Wings separately, but can't equip on Pig[/QUOTE]

put the wings on yourself and try and ride the pig. i made a cow fly that way.

[quote name='Shockdrop']I used it on myself in "Pull the Starite!" Worked great![/QUOTE]

How did you use the shrink ray on yourself? I can't seem to get that to work.

[quote name='KhaosX']I'm at 8-11 puzzle and I am officially stumped
The hint says something about being precise at 88. Obviously a reference to Back to the Future, especially with the set-up, but I have no clue what I am suppose to do.
[/QUOTE]

I was just coming to post about the same thing... I just don't get this one. Any help from somebody who actually figured it out?

[quote name='bmachine']How did you use the shrink ray on yourself? I can't seem to get that to work.[/QUOTE]Spawn another person (I used Man), give him the shrink ray, then shoot him. He shoots you, making you small, then throw him away so he doesnt kill you.

Just an FYI, shooting the Shrink Ray at a mirror doesn't work to try and shrink yourself. It reflects the shot, but just goes past you. Was a little disappointed at that.

The 'lol wut' thing...have you tried to wear it? :)

[quote name='icedrake523']Has anyone figured out how to dig upwards?[/QUOTE]Directly above you or upwards at an angle?

[quote name='icedrake523']Directly above.[/QUOTE]
use a ladder and tap upwards( if the ground is up a ways above you ) also for anyone whose into finding more than one solution for the one where you have to paint a portrait another solution i havent seen mentiond anywhere
( use spray paint and a wall).

[quote name='icedrake523']Directly above.[/QUOTE]I was going to suggest placing an 'air vent' under you and then tapping directly above, but I haven't had a chance to test it yet. I'd imagine anything that allowed you to hover indefinitely in one place might work as well.

I swear, everytime I keep falling back to the same Wings+Rope solution. Nothing else seems to work right.

Also, what was your solution for the "LOL" lvl? I dont remember the section. Had explosives. Lots of explosives.

I haven't read the past 17 pages of this thread or whatever it is, but these controls blow dick.

I've only played through Level 1 of puzzles and action, but they suck hard.

Everything else is awesome, just shitty shitty controls.

Some other interesting observations:

"Virgin" (I tried it for the unicorn level; turns out I was looking for a "Maiden") spawns a videogame nerd. (You can tell because he has a controller on his T-shirt.)

Also? Giant enemy crab.

It's not a reused item either, as far as I can tell: "giant crab" and "enemy crab" just create regular crabs.

[quote name='icedrake523']To get a giant crab, type "Massive Damage"[/QUOTE]

Seriously? That's awesome.

Whatever else you might say about the game, you've got to give it to 'em: it's clever.

[quote name='Shockdrop']I swear, everytime I keep falling back to the same Wings+Rope solution. Nothing else seems to work right.

Also, what was your solution for the "LOL" lvl? I dont remember the section. Had explosives. Lots of explosives.[/QUOTE]

Just go to the very edge of one side, and shoot the other side of the barrels. The barrels on the other side will explode and you can walk out and pick up the starite. That level looks hard, but it's pretty easy lol.

Has anyone beaten the game yet? The last level of the game for both the puzzle and explosion are lol.

I'm just starting Level 8 - only 66 more stages to go. I'm kind of bored of this game, probably because my imagination isn't creative - it's more practical. Most everything gets solved by rope or chain, wings, and God. Some of the scenarios are cute, others are funny, but a lot are just lame. Almost gave up but I want to complete this.

It certainly isnt perfect, but the concept is so original I'm willing to stick out the annoying stages for the hilarious ones.

When the inevitable sequel comes I hope 5th level makes some adjustments to the engine, it just has so many rough edges.

This thread makes me want to play it again. I gave up on it because I am horribly uncreative. I may brave the terrible controls to test out some a bit of what I read here (particularly "virgin").

I can ususally play about 2-3 levels before I get so frustrated that I want to throw it. Then I put in another game and come back to this one maybe 1-2 weeks later. Should last me another year at least at this rate. :whistle2:/

[quote name='kuroi_kenshi']Is it wrong of me to have more fun on the loading screen than the actual game?[/QUOTE]

Sadly, I do :oops:

thumb_sc00e30e56.jpg

One of the developers confirmed some things in the Nintendo Power article over at NeoGAF:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20138711&postcount=77

[quote name='Jackson']Buy the NP mag when it comes out on shelves next week. :) Some things I can confirm from the article.

-Developed by 5TH Cell.
-DS Only.
-Out this Fall.
-Yes, D-pad controls for Maxwell are in along with significantly improved stylus controls and camera is now fixed.
-Big updates to physics (it's still DS, but it's vastly improved).
-Levels are revamped completely improved (no more solving every level with rope/unicorn/death/etc), levels are deeper in content.
-The 10,000 words refers to adjectives, we didn't add 10,000 new objects, we put in 10,000 new adjectives (we put in some new words too).
-You can string adjectives together.

There's a lot more info in the NP article, buy it![/quote]

bread's done
Back