Sears B&M Weird/Clearance? Game Prices YMMV Updated 3/14/06!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake2715

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
Ok,

Here is a trade list for this thread!

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84947

I was passing by the game section while overhearing the employee talk about all 2 of their Xbox 360 systems they got in...

I noticed a few of the games were oddly priced..

Urbz, wario and Pokemon DS we $24.94 or some such thing.

There were many games this way so I am not sure if its a YMMV or what? No SALE signs were there and the tags were a plain white. It seemed to me that they were the current prices.

Here's a compiled list of everybody's finds so far in the thread. The price following the game title are the different reported prices.

All prices and availability is YMMV, and a lot of it seems to depend on the cashier. A lot of these games aren't in the system, and in many cases they won't sell them to you. Two options here:

A)If a game isn't in the computer when scanned, the cashier can try typing in the Stock number that is on the sticker for the game on the shelf.

B)Some people have had success bringing up another known priced game and getting both for that price.

* Also to note prices are rounded UP!!

NBA Live 2006 $30

DS
Advance wars: Dual Strike $25
Asphalt Urban GT $10
Madden 05 $10
Meteos $20
Metroid Prime Pinball $25
Pac Pix $15
Pac N Roll $17, $10
Pokemon Dash $25
Polarium $20
Ridge racer $15
Sprung $10
Tiger woods 05 $10
Trace Memory $20
Urbz $10
Warioware Touched $13, $9
World championship Poker $10

GBA
Advance Wars 2: $8
Astro Boy $10
Castlevania Classic $9
Donkey Kong (Classic): $3
Dr. Mario (Classic): $3
Final Fantasy Tactics: $10
Fire Emblem Scared Stones: $10, $3
Kingdon Hearts: $13, $9
Kirby Amazing Mirror $15
Legend of Zelda (Classic): $5, $3
Legend of Zelda 2 $7
Legend of Zelda LTTP: $10, $5
Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap $20, $10
Mario and Luigi: $10, $5
Mario Golf: $13
Metroid Classic $7
Metroid Zero Mission: $10, $5
Pokemon Leaf Green: $13, $5
Pokemon Leaf Green w/Adapter: $3
Star Wars Ep. III $3
Super Mario Bros (Classic): $3, $2
Super Mario 3: $10
Super Mario World: $13
WarioWare Twisted $15

GCN
Baten Kaitos $15
Battalion Wars $25
Custom Robo $25
Day of Reckoning $20
Def Jam:FFNY $1
Donky Konga W/Bongos $30
Donkey Konga 2 $25
F-Zero GX $10
Goldeneye RA: $10
Harry Potter SStone $14.99
Harry Potter Azkaban $10
Incredibles $10
James Bond: Agent under fire $8
Kirby Air Ride $10
LOTR: The 3rd Age $10
Mario Golf $9
Mario party 5 $30
Mario Party 6 w/Mic $25
Mario Tennis $25
Metroid Prime $10
Midway arcade treasures $10
Paper Mario $25
Pikmin $10
Pikmin 2-$25
Shark Tale $10
Spyro: Enter the Dragon-$10
THUG 1-$10
TMNT 2-$10
Warioware: $11
Zelda 4 Swords $30
Zelda Wind Waker $10

PS1
Sony Memory Card: $3

PS2
Area 51 $10
Athens 2004 $3
Brother In Arms $10
Bujingai: $15, $3
Call of Duty: Big red 1 CE $30
Carmen Sandiego: The Secret of the Stolen Drums $3
Champions of Norrath: $7, $3
Downhill Domination: $10
DQ8 $25
Eyetoy Groove W Camera $18
FF XI w/Hard Drive $50
Genji $20
Ghost hunter $25
Gretzky NHL 2005 $3
GT4 $25
Ico $13, $9
March Madness 2005 $5
Mindgate Conspiracy $10
MVP 2005 $1
PoP: Warrior Within $10
Ride or Die $15
Rise of the Kasai $20
Spatan: Total Warrior $20
SSX on Tour $20
Star Ocean $25
Taiko Drum Master: $20, $10
The Getaway: BM $15
The suffering: Ties Bind $15
Urbz: $10
War of the Monsters: $10
Wrath Unleashed: $10, $5

PSP
Ape Escape $30
ATV Offroad Fury $30
Burnout legends $30
Coded Arms $30
Dead 2 Rights 2 $25
Death, Jr $30
Frantix $20
Gretzky NHL 2006 $25
Harry Potter and Goblet of Fire $30
Kingdom of Paradise $30
Lord of the Rings Tactics $35
Medieval Resurrection $25
Metal Gear Acid $30
Midnight club $30
MLB $30
Museum Battle collection $30
MVP Baseball $20
NBA:SW $15
NFS: Rivals $20
Ridge Race- $25
Spiderman 2 $20
SSX on Tour $30
The Con $25
THUG2 remix $30
Tiger Woods PGA tour $20
Tiger woods PGA 06$30
Twisted Meta- $30
Untold Legends: Brothers $30
Virtua Tennis $10
Wipeout pure $25
World Tour Soccer $30

Xbox
Alias $10
Amped $10
Amped 2 $10
Batman Begins $15
Battlefield 2 $20
Black Arrow $10
Bond from Russia with Love $25
Bond under fire $8
Brothers in Arms/ earned $25
Burnout 3 $10
Castlevania Curse $20
Charlie & the Chocolate Factory $20
Clancy's Lockdown $15
Conker $10
Crimson Skies $10
Destroy all Humans $20
DOA3 $10
DOA Ultimate $25
Doom 3 $15
ESPN Baseball $10
Fable $10
Fight Night 04 $10
Forza $15
Ghost Recon $10
Ghost Recon Island $10
Goldeneye Rogue Agent $10
Half Life 2 $25
Harry Potter Chamber of Fire $10
Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction $25
Intellivision Lives: $5
Jade Empire $10
Kingdom Under Fire $15
King Kong $25
KOTOR $10
KOTOR 2 $20
LA rush $15
Legends of Wrestling $8
Links 2004: $5
LOTR 3rd Age $10
Madden 05: $10
March Madness 2005 $5
Mechassault 2- $13
Medal of Honor Europe Assault $15
Mercenaries $15
Midnight Club 3 $20
Midway Arcade Treasures: $10
Midway 3 $10
MLB 2k5 $8
Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks $15
MVP 2005 $5
MX Unleashed $10
NBA Ballers $10
NBA Street 3 $30
NCAA March Madness 2005 $10
NCAA March Madness 2006 $15
NFL 2k5 $10
NFL Street $10
NFL Street 2 $10
NFS Underground $10
NHL 06 $15
Ninja Gaiden $20
Ninja Gaiden Black $15
Outrun 2 $16
PacMan World 2 $10
Prince of Persia $10
R Racing Evolution $5
Rainbow 6 $10
Ralisport Challenge $10
Ride or Die $15
Rise of Soldier $20
Sega GT online $10
Sims Bustin Out $1
Sonic Heroes $10
Sonic Mega collection $10
Soul Calibur 2 $4
Spartan Total warrior $20
Spiderman2 $10
Splinter Cell $10
SSX on Tour $20
SSX Tricky $8
Star wars 3 $15
Star Wars- Obi-Wan $10
Street Racing Syndicate $15
Sudeki $10
Suffering: Ties that Bind $15
The Urbs $10
The Warriors $25
THUG $10
Tiger Wood 05: $10, $3
TMNT 2 $10
Top Spin $10
True Crime: LA $25
Unreal Championship $8
Unreal Championship 2 $10
Wrath Unleashed $5
X-Men Legends $10
Yourself Fitness $8

Does anyone know if Tekken 5 has dropped to ten bones yet? Mine has a non-GH copy that looks appealing.

My Sears also has one Wario Ware Twisted left for $9.97, I snagged the other copy yesterday. Also, numerous copies of Sega Arcade Classics were $10 at mine and R Racing Evoltution was $3.97!

BTW, my Sears still has fucking Metriod Prime GC bundles! I was hoping they'd be like $50 but they did a UPC check up and they still indeed are $100 :whistle2:#

Strange... I got my Cube Bundle for $50 like two years ago from SEARS. Exact same bundle too.
Did the employee actually SCAN the bundle or just tell you is was $100?

[quote name='Cpt Hooks']Strange... I got my Cube Bundle for $50 like two years ago from SEARS. Exact same bundle too.
Did the employee actually SCAN the bundle or just tell you is was $100?[/quote]

He just typed in some UPC codes into a computer and said "Yep, $100".

I'll go back there and have them scan it...

[quote name='Rozz']He just typed in some UPC codes into a computer and said "Yep, $100".

I'll go back there and have them scan it...[/QUOTE]

Let us know what you find out. My store has a Metroid GC bundle as well. I didn't know they had ever dropped.

They still have a big bin of the clearanced games at my local Sears(Dickson City, PA). However, I think they've also started dumping all the $19.99 games into the same bin too, because they had copies of Liberty City Stories for PS2 in the bin last night too.

This same Sears had 2 Xbox Live 3 month kits(cards were expired, but it came with a headset) for $1.97. It also came with the Xbox Live startup disc, which had demos of 2 older games on it. Not a bad find, I guess, for $1.97. I HAVE wanted a headset for XBox for a while now.

So, to recap:

Xbox Live 3 month starter kit, card's expired but the headset comes in the package(Dickson City, PA): $1.97

I spotted an Xbox Live 3 month starter kit last night at the Dickson City, PA store.

The card had expired though, so they were clearing them out(2 of them, 1 which I bought) for $1.97.

It included the Xbox Live headset that plugs into the memory card slots on the controllers, so for $1.97($2.09 with tax) I couldn't resist.

They also had a big bin still loaded up with games from the clearance and some of the games from the clearance were in the cases still. However, i also noticed that they started to seemingly put all the $19.99 and under games into that bin, as there were copies of the PS2 LCS in the bin too.

Is that GC kit susposed to be cheaper than 50 bucks? Man I wish my sears had warioware touched. The only crap mine has is pac and roll and shamus gay adventure.

Any luck with the Cube bundles?
Anyone who is interested Astroboy for GBA is really fun, great graphics as well. Definately worth $9.97

Picked up the last two copies of Pikmin 2 at the Knoxville West Towne mall for $9 each. (Opened a credit account there and got $15 off, so they worked out to ~$3 each after tax.) Thanks, CAG!

Went to Sears today most games were in a bin by the registar. Nothing I wanted though. Was looking for GBA games like Zelda Minish cap or Kingdom Hearts. Also wanted a 12 month XBOX card. They had the 12 month with the pouch but it rang up $49.99. Then saw the one with Crimson Skies, the communicator and 12 month subscription with no price. It rang up $29.99 so I grabbed one. Also bought the last Taiko Drum Master for $4.95 and it was marked that price. Shocked they still has it.

[quote name='v0yce']Okay, I got an employee to scan a Metroid GC bundle and it came up $99.

Shucks. :puke:[/quote]

Oh well, I already have a Cube anyway but if it was $50 I'd pick up a second one for the future in case the one I own now breaks or something....

Thanks for letting me know, you saved me a trip to Sears.

I found a Circuit City with 6 copies of Taiko Drum Master, and one of the managers said that if I had a way of proving the Sears price, he'd price match all of them for me at 10% off $9.98. I have a receipt from when I purchased a copy at my local Sears, but that won't work. Anyone know a better method? I'm not buying these to sell them - I'm honestly looking for them as gifts. Band director wants two to play with his son, friends, little cousins, etc.

This Circuit City was at a mall just south of Worcester, MA. I'm only here visiting colleges for another day, so good luck to anyone else who can make this deal.

Digital Camera shots of the price tags in a Sears display cade? Autographed notes from the Sears employees?

You have wasted 3.1 seconds of your life reading this signature.

... whaaa?... nnnngh.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Gamerguy']I found a Circuit City with 6 copies of Taiko Drum Master, and one of the managers said that if I had a way of proving the Sears price, he'd price match all of them for me at 10% off $9.98. I have a receipt from when I purchased a copy at my local Sears, but that won't work. Anyone know a better method? I'm not buying these to sell them - I'm honestly looking for them as gifts. Band director wants two to play with his son, friends, little cousins, etc.

This Circuit City was at a mall just south of Worcester, MA. I'm only here visiting colleges for another day, so good luck to anyone else who can make this deal.[/QUOTE]

Print out a UPC to Taiko Drume Master (or scan your UPC from your box) and scan it at Sears with one of the floor scanners. Print out a ticket that will have the price as well as date and time, that should do it.

If anyone can believe this my Sears still had a copy of Mario Party 5 from ages ago. Picked it up for $24.97, which I thought was pretty damn good since it's impossible to find new.

Some additions(?)

:gba:
Kirby and Amazing Mirror $14.97
Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 $17.97

:psp:
Death Jr $10, not on clearance

[quote name='manthing']Some additions(?)

:gba:
Kirby and Amazing Mirror $14.97
Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 $17.97

:psp:
Death Jr $10, not on clearance[/quote]

which sears is this?

It seems like a few people have been reporting Death Jr. for $10 at Sears. Is this universal across all Sears or YMMV (because someone mentioned it scanned for $19.97)? It seems odd that several people have gotten it for $10, unless they were purchased at the same Sears.

Death Jr. is $19.99 at all SEARS, but some SEARS (Mansfield, Ohio) have Death Jr. with a $9.99 tag on them. A manager must manually over-ride to get the $9.99 price!
Also Ghost in the Shell(PSP) $14.99

Death Jr. at the Sears in Austin Tx Hancock center is 19.99. However I did pick up Zelda 4 swords with gc cable for 9.99, pac n roll ds 9.99, ridge racer ds 9.99, advance wars ds 14.99.

Ridge Racer DS sounds like another YMMV game then since I think others reported it to be $4.97. I really hope this isn't the new standard and all prices are going to be YMMV.

OH..i forgot. MK Deception for ps2 is 9.99. It had the greatest hits sticker on the outside plastic but not on the actual game artwork.

Death Jr. rings up for me for 14.97, but has a generic 9.99 stick on it.

If anyone is interested, I can pick up Pikmin 2, Crystal Chronicles, Legend of Zelda (big box with link cable) or Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater. Let me know if interested, alert me to check your trade list or offer a reasonable amount to cover time and shipping.

the sears near me have al lousy elec dept, mostly where the old folks shop at lol

anyways, looking for PSP games on the cheap like virtua tennis and death jr. if anyoen can get extra copies for sale/trade let me know. i most want virtua tennis

My local Sears had a ton of the Hustle PSP for $9.99 I passed cause I heard it wasn't so good.

They also had the 3 month XBOX LIVE kits for $6.00 but the code was expired, I picked one anyway up cause I heard there was a way to get the code reactivated.

My sears in DSM, IA had

Day of Reckoning 2 - GC 9.97
From Russia w/ Love XBOX - 9.97
Pikmin 2 - GC - 9.97
Zelda 4 Swords - GC 9.97
Ridge Racer - DS 4.97
Metroid Pinball - DS 17.97
Castlevania - newest one PS2/Xbox 9.97
Advance Wars - DS 14.97

At the Sears in Burlington, VT I picked up the original Pikmin for $4.97 before tax.

It was the last one there. Weird thing was I had been in that store plenty of times in the past and never saw Pikmin. It seems weird that they would get a new one in and put it at $4.97, unless they found it hidden in storage.

I snagged the X box live 12 month kits with Crimson skies for 9.97 each sku #96146 at the Sears in Cutler Ridge Fl

[quote name='KingNES']I snagged the X box live 12 month kits with Crimson skies for 9.97 each sku #96146 at the Sears in Cutler Ridge Fl[/quote]

Wow that's dirty cheap :hot:!!! Lowest price ever I guess.

I picked up Meteos and Pokemon Dash for 6.97, DK Jungle Beat for 9.99, Metroid NES Classic for 1.97. This was a loaded Sears and had some good stuff.

[quote name='Dreamstate']I picked up Meteos and Pokemon Dash for 6.97, DK Jungle Beat for 9.99, Metroid NES Classic for 1.97. This was a loaded Sears and had some good stuff.[/QUOTE]
DK Jungle Beat for 10 bucks?! Did it come with the bongos or no?

Stopped by Sears last night and picked up:
Advance Wars (DS) - $17.47
Mario Vs Donkey Kong (GBA) - $7.97 (marked as $17.47, scanned in at $7.97)

Dreamstate, you wouldn't want to pick up another copy of Meteos and hook a fellow CAGer up, would you?

While I was getting a couple of $15 Xbox 360 HDDs, I also picked up KOF MI (big box with bonus dvd) for $6 and Star Ocean Till the End of Time (non GH with extra box) for $11.

It was a good day.

The Brockton, MA Sears (at Westgate) had a bunch of games.. There were a couple of Star Oceans w/ original box, a bunch of Advance Wars: DS, Pikmin. Most of them were stickered wrong (I guess SO is now $11, but it was stickered at $24.97). Gah, I want to go back now.

Only made out with the Zelda Four Swords for the Cube, w/ box for 9.97. Not bad.

[quote name='v0yce']While I was getting a couple of $15 Xbox 360 HDDs, I also picked up KOF MI (big box with bonus dvd) for $6 and Star Ocean Till the End of Time (non GH with extra box) for $11.

It was a good day.[/quote]

You actually GOT one of the 15 Dollar Hard Drives :whistle2:s Sears int he mall I work in this morning had a large sign on the case about the misprint in the ad, so I figured it would have been there nation wide, and even it it hadn't been there, it would have rung up at 99.99, and asking for a 84.99 reduction on an item likely would have caught the attention of at least someone in the store aware of the error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back