Sears B&M Weird/Clearance? Game Prices YMMV Updated 3/14/06!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake2715

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
Ok,

Here is a trade list for this thread!

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84947

I was passing by the game section while overhearing the employee talk about all 2 of their Xbox 360 systems they got in...

I noticed a few of the games were oddly priced..

Urbz, wario and Pokemon DS we $24.94 or some such thing.

There were many games this way so I am not sure if its a YMMV or what? No SALE signs were there and the tags were a plain white. It seemed to me that they were the current prices.

Here's a compiled list of everybody's finds so far in the thread. The price following the game title are the different reported prices.

All prices and availability is YMMV, and a lot of it seems to depend on the cashier. A lot of these games aren't in the system, and in many cases they won't sell them to you. Two options here:

A)If a game isn't in the computer when scanned, the cashier can try typing in the Stock number that is on the sticker for the game on the shelf.

B)Some people have had success bringing up another known priced game and getting both for that price.

* Also to note prices are rounded UP!!

NBA Live 2006 $30

DS
Advance wars: Dual Strike $25
Asphalt Urban GT $10
Madden 05 $10
Meteos $20
Metroid Prime Pinball $25
Pac Pix $15
Pac N Roll $17, $10
Pokemon Dash $25
Polarium $20
Ridge racer $15
Sprung $10
Tiger woods 05 $10
Trace Memory $20
Urbz $10
Warioware Touched $13, $9
World championship Poker $10

GBA
Advance Wars 2: $8
Astro Boy $10
Castlevania Classic $9
Donkey Kong (Classic): $3
Dr. Mario (Classic): $3
Final Fantasy Tactics: $10
Fire Emblem Scared Stones: $10, $3
Kingdon Hearts: $13, $9
Kirby Amazing Mirror $15
Legend of Zelda (Classic): $5, $3
Legend of Zelda 2 $7
Legend of Zelda LTTP: $10, $5
Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap $20, $10
Mario and Luigi: $10, $5
Mario Golf: $13
Metroid Classic $7
Metroid Zero Mission: $10, $5
Pokemon Leaf Green: $13, $5
Pokemon Leaf Green w/Adapter: $3
Star Wars Ep. III $3
Super Mario Bros (Classic): $3, $2
Super Mario 3: $10
Super Mario World: $13
WarioWare Twisted $15

GCN
Baten Kaitos $15
Battalion Wars $25
Custom Robo $25
Day of Reckoning $20
Def Jam:FFNY $1
Donky Konga W/Bongos $30
Donkey Konga 2 $25
F-Zero GX $10
Goldeneye RA: $10
Harry Potter SStone $14.99
Harry Potter Azkaban $10
Incredibles $10
James Bond: Agent under fire $8
Kirby Air Ride $10
LOTR: The 3rd Age $10
Mario Golf $9
Mario party 5 $30
Mario Party 6 w/Mic $25
Mario Tennis $25
Metroid Prime $10
Midway arcade treasures $10
Paper Mario $25
Pikmin $10
Pikmin 2-$25
Shark Tale $10
Spyro: Enter the Dragon-$10
THUG 1-$10
TMNT 2-$10
Warioware: $11
Zelda 4 Swords $30
Zelda Wind Waker $10

PS1
Sony Memory Card: $3

PS2
Area 51 $10
Athens 2004 $3
Brother In Arms $10
Bujingai: $15, $3
Call of Duty: Big red 1 CE $30
Carmen Sandiego: The Secret of the Stolen Drums $3
Champions of Norrath: $7, $3
Downhill Domination: $10
DQ8 $25
Eyetoy Groove W Camera $18
FF XI w/Hard Drive $50
Genji $20
Ghost hunter $25
Gretzky NHL 2005 $3
GT4 $25
Ico $13, $9
March Madness 2005 $5
Mindgate Conspiracy $10
MVP 2005 $1
PoP: Warrior Within $10
Ride or Die $15
Rise of the Kasai $20
Spatan: Total Warrior $20
SSX on Tour $20
Star Ocean $25
Taiko Drum Master: $20, $10
The Getaway: BM $15
The suffering: Ties Bind $15
Urbz: $10
War of the Monsters: $10
Wrath Unleashed: $10, $5

PSP
Ape Escape $30
ATV Offroad Fury $30
Burnout legends $30
Coded Arms $30
Dead 2 Rights 2 $25
Death, Jr $30
Frantix $20
Gretzky NHL 2006 $25
Harry Potter and Goblet of Fire $30
Kingdom of Paradise $30
Lord of the Rings Tactics $35
Medieval Resurrection $25
Metal Gear Acid $30
Midnight club $30
MLB $30
Museum Battle collection $30
MVP Baseball $20
NBA:SW $15
NFS: Rivals $20
Ridge Race- $25
Spiderman 2 $20
SSX on Tour $30
The Con $25
THUG2 remix $30
Tiger Woods PGA tour $20
Tiger woods PGA 06$30
Twisted Meta- $30
Untold Legends: Brothers $30
Virtua Tennis $10
Wipeout pure $25
World Tour Soccer $30

Xbox
Alias $10
Amped $10
Amped 2 $10
Batman Begins $15
Battlefield 2 $20
Black Arrow $10
Bond from Russia with Love $25
Bond under fire $8
Brothers in Arms/ earned $25
Burnout 3 $10
Castlevania Curse $20
Charlie & the Chocolate Factory $20
Clancy's Lockdown $15
Conker $10
Crimson Skies $10
Destroy all Humans $20
DOA3 $10
DOA Ultimate $25
Doom 3 $15
ESPN Baseball $10
Fable $10
Fight Night 04 $10
Forza $15
Ghost Recon $10
Ghost Recon Island $10
Goldeneye Rogue Agent $10
Half Life 2 $25
Harry Potter Chamber of Fire $10
Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction $25
Intellivision Lives: $5
Jade Empire $10
Kingdom Under Fire $15
King Kong $25
KOTOR $10
KOTOR 2 $20
LA rush $15
Legends of Wrestling $8
Links 2004: $5
LOTR 3rd Age $10
Madden 05: $10
March Madness 2005 $5
Mechassault 2- $13
Medal of Honor Europe Assault $15
Mercenaries $15
Midnight Club 3 $20
Midway Arcade Treasures: $10
Midway 3 $10
MLB 2k5 $8
Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks $15
MVP 2005 $5
MX Unleashed $10
NBA Ballers $10
NBA Street 3 $30
NCAA March Madness 2005 $10
NCAA March Madness 2006 $15
NFL 2k5 $10
NFL Street $10
NFL Street 2 $10
NFS Underground $10
NHL 06 $15
Ninja Gaiden $20
Ninja Gaiden Black $15
Outrun 2 $16
PacMan World 2 $10
Prince of Persia $10
R Racing Evolution $5
Rainbow 6 $10
Ralisport Challenge $10
Ride or Die $15
Rise of Soldier $20
Sega GT online $10
Sims Bustin Out $1
Sonic Heroes $10
Sonic Mega collection $10
Soul Calibur 2 $4
Spartan Total warrior $20
Spiderman2 $10
Splinter Cell $10
SSX on Tour $20
SSX Tricky $8
Star wars 3 $15
Star Wars- Obi-Wan $10
Street Racing Syndicate $15
Sudeki $10
Suffering: Ties that Bind $15
The Urbs $10
The Warriors $25
THUG $10
Tiger Wood 05: $10, $3
TMNT 2 $10
Top Spin $10
True Crime: LA $25
Unreal Championship $8
Unreal Championship 2 $10
Wrath Unleashed $5
X-Men Legends $10
Yourself Fitness $8

[quote name='spmahn']You actually GOT one of the 15 Dollar Hard Drives :whistle2:s Sears int he mall I work in this morning had a large sign on the case about the misprint in the ad, so I figured it would have been there nation wide, and even it it hadn't been there, it would have rung up at 99.99, and asking for a 84.99 reduction on an item likely would have caught the attention of at least someone in the store aware of the error.[/QUOTE]

I actually got two.

I got the cashier to open up the case and I got two HDDs went up to the register and they rang up $99. I said innocently, "oh I thought those were on sale for $15" and showed him the ad. He looked at it, checked the item number, and said "wow that's a big typo."

So then I thought no luck, and said, "oh so its a mistake?" And he quickly said, "yeah but its not your fault." Made the price adjustment and sent me on my way. \\:D/

I checked another SEARS a little later and they had corrections taped up all over the electronics dept. So I feel pretty lucky.

[quote name='v0yce']I actually got two.

I got the cashier to open up the case and I got two HDDs went up to the register and they rang up $99. I said innocently, "oh I thought those were on sale for $15" and showed him the ad. He looked at it, checked the item number, and said "wow that's a big typo."

So then I thought no luck, and said, "oh so its a mistake?" And he quickly said, "yeah but its not your fault." Made the price adjustment and sent me on my way. \\:D/

I checked another SEARS a little later and they had corrections taped up all over the electronics dept. So I feel pretty lucky.[/QUOTE]
How about sell me one for $35 shipped? :)

does anyone have this flyer that they can mail me so i can price match tax free at my local AAFES base exchange? please pm me if you can get it to me before August 12th.....im sure there will be a very cheap HDD in it for ya if everything works out

[quote name='addicted2games']How about sell me one for $35 shipped? :)[/QUOTE]

Honestly I wish I could. The wife wants me to sell them and get as much as I can. With all the deals lately I've kind of rang up a higher gaming bill than normal. So this should get me back close to even.

I'm planning on trying to see if any of the Walmarts around will price match, and if I can get anymore, I'll gladly trade them off to the fellow CAGs.

Wal-Mart was great this morning. I picked up four 360 hdd's for $15 a piece. I have family who have the core and these will make good Christmas presents.

i found an ad and immediatley went to the bx on base.....they had ZERO ... so i ordered 8 hard drives...they will hopefully be here in 2 or 3 days... wooo!!!

I meant that they're listed from the weekly AD on Sears.com at 14.99 still. I have the page favorite placed.

And, I thought that post seemed awfully familiar, v0yce, as you're registered under the same name on Gamefaqs too.

Picked up PSP Tiger Woods 06 for $11.97 and Coded Arms for $9.97 as well as the PS2 Call of Duty 2 Collectors Ed for $9.97 today in South Bend, IN. They had plenty of good stuff left too.

Good bounty at Sears today:

Feel the Magic (DS) x2, $5
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (GC) x2, $5
Ico (PS2) $5
Silent Hill 4: The Room (PS2, non-GH) $5
Soul Calibur 2 (PS2, non-GH) $5
Urbz (DS) $5
War of the Monsters (PS2) $5

I was happy with what I got. I've been interested in War of the Monsters for a long time and Urbz was appealing but no way I'd pay more than $10 for it. So yeah. Good times. (All doubles are for my brother, by the way).

While looking for the HDD ad misprint at Sears today, I spotted a Sly Cooper 1, non Greatest Hits, for 9.99. And there were two of them. LOL....? I did a triple take, thinking it was Sly 3. Nope, it was 1. :D They also had a handful of non-GH God of War copies. This was in Lubbock, Texas.

[quote name='tototheexplorer']Good bounty at Sears today:

Ico (PS2) $5
Urbz (DS) $5

I was happy with what I got. I've been interested in War of the Monsters for a long time and Urbz was appealing but no way I'd pay more than $10 for it. So yeah. Good times. (All doubles are for my brother, by the way).[/QUOTE]

Those must have just happened. I scanned War of the Monsters and SH4 on Saturday and they were still $10. Also Mario Power Tennis is still $25 as well as Battalion Wars. I'll give MT 3 weeks to drops and then I"ll break down and buy it.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Those must have just happened. I scanned War of the Monsters and SH4 on Saturday and they were still $10. Also Mario Power Tennis is still $25 as well as Battalion Wars. I'll give MT 3 weeks to drops and then I"ll break down and buy it.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I just bought SH4(non-GH) last Thursday and it was $9.99. So the price drop must have just happened. I will try to get my $5 back tomorrow.

Ico (PS2) $5
Urbz (DS) $5

I was happy with what I got. I've been interested in War of the Monsters for a long time and Urbz was appealing but no way I'd pay more than $10 for it. So yeah. Good times. (All doubles are for my brother, by the way).[/quote]

Good deal on ICO, SH4, FFCC and WotM. I guess I'm gonna check my local Sears this weekend :D!

Ico (PS2) $5
Urbz (DS) $5

I was happy with what I got. I've been interested in War of the Monsters for a long time and Urbz was appealing but no way I'd pay more than $10 for it. So yeah. Good times. (All doubles are for my brother, by the way).[/QUOTE]

this was probably one of those Sears with a store unique half off or $5 sale on clearanced items. earlier in the thread there was a dude who found Batallion Wars and Pikmin 2 at $5, probably the same deal.

anyway, Sir Sloppy or someone, could you pick me up a Mario vs. Dk for like $14 shipped? or something off my TL?

Well looks like the cat is out of the bag on this one, here's what I've picked up in the past week+

GC:
TMNT 2: Battle Nexus - $5
WWE: Day of Reckoning 2 - $8
Donkey Konga 2 - $9
Pikmin 2 - $10
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent - $10
LOTR: The Third Age - $10
Legend of Zelda - 4 Swords - $10

PS2:
Destroy All Humans - $5
Spartan Total Warrior - $10
X-Men Legends II - $10

and my friend picked up a few XBOX games:

Conker - $5
Crimson Skies - $5

And I would've picked up Agent Under Fire for the GC for $3, but the plastic seal on the package was ripped halfway off, and that bothers me for some reason.

Not to divert completely off topic, but at one time did FF: Crystal Chronicles come in a big box w/ link cable a la Four Swords, or was the free link cable just a seperate pre-order bonus?

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']GC:
Donkey Konga 2 - $9[/quote]
...without bongos?

I'm reallllllllly interested in seeing what Batallion Wars dropped to.

[quote name='evilmax17']...without bongos?

I'm reallllllllly interested in seeing what Batallion Wars dropped to.[/quote]

This was without bongos, I saw Donkey Konga w/o bongos for $10 as well. I believe BW was still over $20 for some reason...

I just got a bunch of games myself including a copy of Mario Party 6 they had in the back for $11.97 and DK2 for I think $8.97. Five games for just over $40? I am so glad I finally checked my email and looked at the deals update. ^_^

At a Sears close by I found a clearance bin with a few notable games in it. Here are some games and prices of a few that I noticed:

Death Jr (PSP) - $9.99
Hustle (PSP) - $9.99
Mortal Kombat Deception (PS2) - $4.97
Sonic Heros (PS2) - $4.97
Killzone (PS2) - $9.99
Silent Hill 4 The Room (PS2) - $9.99
Fire Emblem The Sacred Stone (GBA) - $4.97
WarioWare Twisted (GBA) - $9.99
Metroid Prime 2 (GC) - $9.99

Check your local Sears and they might have a few of these (or perhaps others) available. There were a few $14.97 games (like Ghost in the Shell (PSP)) there, but that's just WAY out of my price-range. This is CAG afterall, and last time I checked there isn't a money tree in my backyard. Actually, I don't even have a backyard.

LOCK THE THREAD OMG WTF LOCK IT NOOOOOW WHAT A NOOB LOL K.

We have a thread around these parts for the Sears clearance already. Something about "Weird Sears Clearance" where the biggest grab was $10 Pikmin 2. I think your post touched on all the high points of the clearance though (And some REALLY rare ones. Twisted and FE:TSS.) As a result, some mod will likely lock this thread shortly.

Thanks for the info though. That's a nice price for MK: D.

I know you're new, but there's been a topic about this for months that we still actively use--please post items related to the Sears clearance in there.

Thanks though....

To be fair though, that topic is a bit of a bear. This one has more info in one post that any five or six pages of that topic.

[quote name='RollingSkull']LOCK THE THREAD OMG WTF LOCK IT NOOOOOW WHAT A NOOB LOL K.

We have a thread around these parts for the Sears clearance already. Something about "Weird Sears Clearance" where the biggest grab was $10 Pikmin 2. I think your post touched on all the high points of the clearance though (And some REALLY rare ones. Twisted and FE:TSS.) As a result, some mod will likely lock this thread shortly.

Thanks for the info though. That's a nice price for MK: D.[/quote]

I know about that thread. And it has the words " Sears B&M Weird/Clearance? Game Prices YMMV Updated 3/14/06!!" in the topic line. It is currently 08-08-06, so I figured the info in that thread was out of date considering most people will only read the first and last few pages as opposed to all 600+ posts. It's up to the OP (in my opinion) to keep the original post updated with the content located throughout the thread if that thread is intended to stay in circulation for long periods of time to avoid heavy post digging.

[quote name='Yusuke-Urameshi-']Someone needs to make an updated version of the Sears Clearance OP, prices are out of date. I hope I can find a FE:TSS![/quote]

Good call, not that there's going to be a continued Sears' clearance or not forever, but... at least from now until this one dies down, I think a condensed more legible Sears' clearance thread is in order, pm'ing a mod now.

Here's what I grabbed today:

PS2 Baldur's Gate DA2 $11.97 (last one)
PS2 ICO (plastic removed) $4.97 (last one)
GC Final Fantasy CC $4.97
GC Pikmin 2 $9.97
XBOX communicator $2.97

I also saw an old XBOX Live kit for $9.97 which I passed on because the box was opened and the code was expired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back