Sears Clearance Thread Summer 06

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update:

[quote name='PigeonSt']Almost all of the games in Novi, MI have been marked up to 9.99 or 14.99 with a generic red sticker. There are a few random clearances left though...[/quote]

This is true of most Sears stores. If they happen to have anything left it's likely to be $10 or less by now. Everything else is out of the system and will likely ring up as: Video Game, and is stickered $10 or $15, just like the games at Kmart that went out of the system.

Since the previous "weird Sears clearance thread" is a bit outdated and a bit difficult to read, I decided to go ahead and make a new clearance thread to follow in the same format as the infamous Target clearance threads.

From the previous thread: http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76977
[quote name='Snake2715']
Here's a compiled list of everybody's finds so far in the thread. The price following the game title are the different reported prices.

All prices and availability is YMMV, and a lot of it seems to depend on the cashier. A lot of these games aren't in the system, and in many cases they won't sell them to you. Two options here:

A)If a game isn't in the computer when scanned, the cashier can try typing in the Stock number that is on the sticker for the game on the shelf.

B)Some people have had success bringing up another known priced game and getting both for that price.

* Also to note prices are rounded UP!!
[/quote]
* I just want to say how much dick the posters on fat wallet enjoy sucking, for we all know this will undoubtedly get reposted over there word-for-word, with no credit to the CAG community

** All games listed below are games that I have seen, or have seen posted recently in the previous thread, I will continue to update the list as required.

*** Please attempt to post all additions as follows:

Game - System - Price
ex: Conker - Xbox - $5

**** Prices are obviously YMMV, I have listed the lowest known price, however prices may be double or half the listed price, depending on your luck.

***** My current theory is that the games marked with a "Jun" clearance sticker are actually now 1/2 price at most stores, "Jul" clearance games may drop again in September, while the "Aug" clearance games are naturally up to date.

******Prices seem to be dropping again as we near September, the actual price in some cases my now be 40% less than the listed price.

AUGUST 2006

:gc: GC

$2
F-Zero GX

$3
Harry Potter: Chamber of Secrets
James Bond: Agent Under Fire
Zelda: 4 Swords

$5
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Goldeneye Rogue Agent
Kirby's Air Ride
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
Midway Arcade Treasures 2
Metroid Prime
Nintendo Bongos w/o game
TMNT 2: Battle Nexus

$8
Metroid Prime 2
Pikmin 2
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
WWE: Day of Reckoning 2

$9
Donkey Konga 2: w/o bongos

$10
Custom Robo
Donkey Konga Jungle Beat: w/o bongos
Frogger: Ancient Shadows *Not a clearance title*
Harry Potter: Azkaban
Harry Potter: Sorcerer's Stone
LOTR: The 3rd Age
Mario Tennis
Tiger Woods 2005

$12
Mario Party 5
Mario Party 6

$15
Baten Kaitos
Battalion Wars
Donkey Konga w/Bongos
Donkey Konga 2 w/Bongos
Geist

:gba: GBA

$2
Castlevania Classic
Metroid Classic

$5
Elf
Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls
Fire Emblem Sacred Stones
Mario Pinball

$7
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror

$8
Mario Vs Donkey Kong

$10
Astroboy
Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced
WarioWare Twisted

$15
-

$18
Super Mario Advance 4

:ds: DS

$5
Feel the Magic
Pac-Pix
Ridge Racer
The Urbz

$7
Pokemon Dash
Meteos

$8
Advance Wars

$10
Metroid Pinball
Pac n Roll
Seaworld: Shamu

$15
Trace Memory

:ps2: PS2

$3
Ace Combat 4
SSX Tricky

$5
Astro Boy
Batman Begins
Destroy All Humans
Gran Turismo 3
ICO
Karoake Revolution 2
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater
Mortal Kombat: Deception
Namco Museum
Prince of Persia 2: Warrior Within
Rachet and Clank
Rainbow Six 3
Sonic Heroes
Soul Calibur 2
Suffering Ties that Bind
Taiko Drum Master
TMNT 2: Battle Nexus
War of the Monsters

$7
King of Fighters: Maximum Impact
Spiderman 2
Tekken Tag Tournament

$10
Alias
Call of Duty 2
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Dragon Quest VIII YMMV!!!
Eye Toy Groove
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent
LOTR: The 3rd Age
Killzone
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Samurai Jack
Silent Hill 4: The Room
Sly Cooper
Spartan: Total Warrior
X-Men Legends 2
World Tour Soccer (2005)
Yu Yu Hakusho: DT

$12
Baldur's Gate DA2
Star Ocean: Til the End of Time

$15
Eye Toy Secret Agent
Genji
Samurai Warriors

$20
Midnight Club Racing 3

$30
FFXI w/HD

:psp: PSP

$7
Gretzky (2005)
MVP Baseball
SSX On Tour
THUG 2 Remix

$10
Death Jr
Frantix
Hustle
Namco Museum Battle Collection
Ridge Racer
Untold Legends: BotB

$12
Tiger Woods 06

$15
Ghost in the Shell
LOTR: Tactics
THUG 2: Remix
Wayne Gretzky's Hockey

:xbox: XBOX

$1
Catwoman

$3
007: Agent Under Fire
Amped 2
Midway Arcade Treasures 2
R Racing
Yourself Fitness

$5
Batman Begins
Charlie and the Chocolate
Conker
Crimson Skies
Destroy All Humans
Doom 3
Fable
Fight Night 2004
Ghost Recon: Island Thunder
Half-Life 2
Medal of Honor: European Assault
NBA Ballers
Pac-Man World 2
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Rainbow Six 3
Rainbow Six: Lockdown
Sonic Collection
Sonic Heroes
The Suffering: Ties That Bind

$6
America's Army
X-Box Live Starter Kit

$7
America's Army
Burnout: Revenge
NHL 2006
Ninja Gaiden: Black
The Warriors

$8
Top Spin

$10
007: From Russia with Love
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Forza Motorsport
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent
Jade Empire
KOTOR 2 (YMMV)
Mechassault 2
Midway 3
Spartan: Total Warrior
Test Drive: Eve of Destruction
The Urbs
Top Spin
X-Box Live 12 Months & Crimson Skies

***UPDATED THROUGH PAGE 6***

I made another trip to see what was in the bin I bought the following

Socom Navy Seals GH $1.97
Midway Arcade Treasures $1.97
Midway Arcade Treasures 2 $1.97
EyeToy Groove game only $2.97
EyeToy Operation Spy game only $2.97
Geist $0.97
Intellivision Lives $1.97

I saw a Wayne Gretzky PSP hockey game for $2.97
Genji PS2 $6.97

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I don't think there's a need for a new thread either since they haven't added any new games to the clearance since the late spring/early summer.

They really should clearance some more games though. There are a ton of games just sitting there at full price that will never sell until they are marked down.[/QUOTE]

At one of the local Sears, there are a stack of Suikoden V's just waiting to be clearanced. Funny enough, I have never seen this game at any other Sears I've been to.

Found Donkey Konga w/bongos AND Donkey Konga 2 w/ bongos for $4.97 each...snagged the last copies. Anyone still seeing Pikmin 2 at any of the locations? I'd be willing to buy or trade if anyone should happen to nab one...

I snagged the FFIX HDD bundle for $7.97 at the Hancock Sears in Austin :D
(The way the two cashiers were talking while they were ringing it up made it sound like the bundle was supposed to have been pulled off the shelves.)

There were some DK bongos, but I didn't think to check the price.

[quote name='freshzen']Hey what's up Westminster! I live in the Montbello area of Denver. Any chance there were any $.97 copies of Geist on the shelf when you left?[/QUOTE]

Nope it was the last one, sorry!

Picked up Geist for $0.97. It has been $4.97 for the past few months so I was glad it finally dropped. It was the last one and the cashier couldn't believe it. She called over a manager who was next to her asking him if that was the correct price. He told her it was. It's amazing what this site has done to change my outlook on pricing of games. 4 - 5 years ago I would have been glad to pay the $4.97 but now that seems like a lot for a game unless I really wanted it to begin with.

Also of importance there are new games added to the clearance. I saw Madden 06 and NBA Live 06 for XBox 360 tagged at $26.97. I know those prices aren't that good but it's possible they are out of date but I didn't bother getting them scanned as I don't have a 360. Might be something to keep an eye out for though since they will be under $10 eventually.

I passed on Chibi-Robo...I hope it goes cheaper. And I have another $26.XX 360 game to add....Call of Duty 2. I can't wait for these to drop. Also, I seen Paper Mario (GC) Player's Choice for $16.XX

Picked up eye toy kinetic for PS2 for 4.97 today. (Louisville Jefferson Mall) No other games listed were under 14.99. They also had DDR Mario Mix (Gamecube) in stock.

Gah my Sears has an impressive collection of games all pretty much untagged inside a locked cabinet. I guess one of these days I'm going to have to bite the bullet and ask an employee to scan about 20 games for me because nothing's marked.

Picked up a FFIX HDD Bundle for $7.97. Didn't really look for anything else, but I plan on going back later this week since I am pretty sure I saw a bunch of the other clearance games there.

Does anyone know if the halo triple pack is clearanced out at Sears or is it just kmart?

[quote name='bvaldez']Forza Motorsport -- marked for $5.97, scanned for $1.97. Probably the $2 I've ever spent.[/quote] wow just bought that for $10 used today. Good find. Sucks that both the Sears in my area have dogshit.

Non-game related, I saw some electric guitar for $64.97. Not sure if that's a good deal or not (but the normal price did seem to be well over $100).

Wow, those must be super rare. I didn't even know they made a HDD add-on for the PS1. :lol:

[quote name='Prepster']Picked up a FFIX HDD Bundle for $7.97. [/quote]

Meijer just dropped their FFXI HDs down to the stunning clearance price of.......

$50.

I wonder how some of these retailers develop their price strategies.

Eye Toy Kinetic (PS2) $6.97
Dead or Alive Ultimate 2 disc collectors edition (Xbox) $6.97
Top Spin (Xbox) $1.97

and those were found at the Paramus and Hackensack, NJ stores

[quote name='Prepster']Picked up a FFIX HDD Bundle for $7.97. Didn't really look for anything else, but I plan on going back later this week since I am pretty sure I saw a bunch of the other clearance games there.

Does anyone know if the halo triple pack is clearanced out at Sears or is it just kmart?[/QUOTE]

where did you find it?

I picked up Geist for $0.97. There really wasn't anything else. No KOTOR II. There was a non-GH copy of SOTC for $20 and a few GBA micros for around $48.

[quote name='Prepster']Picked up a FFIX HDD Bundle for $7.97. Didn't really look for anything else, but I plan on going back later this week since I am pretty sure I saw a bunch of the other clearance games there.

Does anyone know if the halo triple pack is clearanced out at Sears or is it just kmart?[/quote]

Damn I feel ripped off. I picked it up today for 11.97 in Roseville California. :bomb:

Picked up Twisted Metal: Head On, Wipeout Pure, Spider-Man 2, and Ape Escape on the Loose for $2.93 each. Some ATV game for the PSP was $2.93 too, but I didn't care about that one. They had a bunch of Ape Escapes and Wipeouts, but none of the games came up $2.93, yet all of them were marked that way. The lady said she would give me them for that price, but I'm not sure if they were supposed to be marked that low.

A combo between stuff behind the glass and on normal shelves for me. I picked up Lord of the Rings Third age on ps2 for .97. Good luck with that, there were some copies on the floor stickered at $14.99 with another UPC slapped on it.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']A combo between stuff behind the glass and on normal shelves for me. I picked up Lord of the Rings Third age on ps2 for .97. Good luck with that, there were some copies on the floor stickered at $14.99 with another UPC slapped on it.[/quote]
WTF! Lord of the RIngs Third Age (PS2) rang up $14.99 at my local Sears yesterday!

I picked up a copy of Chibi Robo for $7.97 this weekend at my Sears. It was in the special marked down section. The pricetag was written by hand. It rang up $9.99 but he changed it for me.

I would just like to add that I found a copy of Kirby Canvas Curse for DS over the weekend for 19.99. The game was marked at 34.99 but that is the wrong price, it scanned 19.99. This game is getting rare and hard to find so go and scoop one up for yourselves now!

Sears, in Laguna Hills, CA.

Picked up PS2 Genji (6.97) and PS2 Eye Toy Spy (2.97).

Most games out in the open have been restickered and re-UPC'ed -- but not all. At least one Eye Toy Spy left.

Also, there's an unstickered GC Battalion Wars and GC Chibi Robo in the case, waiting for someone to scan them.

Amazing. I went into Sears today for an eye appointment and stumbled upon Four Swords GC for $1.97.

They also had about 6 or so copies of Dead or Alive Extreme that rang up as $3.9x. I also checked an eye toy groove just for the hell of it, but that came up as $29.99.

[quote name='Coper3000']What dept. of Sears are the games in? I went in today and no one had the slightest clue.[/quote]

Should be the same as any other dept store: the electronics dept. Perhaps you simply overlooked it. One of my local Sears has the tiniest game section I've ever seen. It's basically a single case. :D

[quote name='melvoin']Amazing. I went into Sears today for an eye appointment and stumbled upon Four Swords GC for $1.97.

They also had about 6 or so copies of Dead or Alive Extreme that rang up as $3.9x. I also checked an eye toy groove just for the hell of it, but that came up as $29.99.[/QUOTE]

The one with the camera is $29.99, the one without the camera is the one that is on clearance, it should be $1.97 or $2.97.

Yeah, the games section is just one tiny case, however they seem to have MORE stock on GBA and DS games than any gamestop I have been in. I highly recommend shopping at sears if your looking for GBA or DS games, as the selection is good and non-discriminatory with many rare and hard to find titles, and they do not stock all kids and movie license games like walmart does.

Theres a whole new list of games on clearance, starting at 15% off - meaning 16.97 for $20 games. I couldnt write any down due to it being at the end of a giant shopping trip and me being way tired. If I can get to a sears later that has a lot of them marked, Ill go ahead and make a new clearance thread and keep it updated

Dave

[quote name='MightySlacker']Theres a whole new list of games on clearance, starting at 15% off - meaning 16.97 for $20 games. I couldnt write any down due to it being at the end of a giant shopping trip and me being way tired. If I can get to a sears later that has a lot of them marked, Ill go ahead and make a new clearance thread and keep it updated

Dave[/QUOTE]

Nothing too spectacular, but some of the ones I remembered off the top of my head are:

Paper Mario (GC) - $16.97
Call of Duty (XB) - $16.97
YuGiOh Double Pack (GBA) - $16.97

and the totally odd one:

Rygar (PS2) - $39.97

I also picked up the following from previous drops:

Tony Hawk's Underground 2 (XB) - $1.97
Alias (XB) - $1.97
Amped 2 (XB) - $1.97

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done