Sears Clearance Thread Summer 06

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update:

[quote name='PigeonSt']Almost all of the games in Novi, MI have been marked up to 9.99 or 14.99 with a generic red sticker. There are a few random clearances left though...[/quote]

This is true of most Sears stores. If they happen to have anything left it's likely to be $10 or less by now. Everything else is out of the system and will likely ring up as: Video Game, and is stickered $10 or $15, just like the games at Kmart that went out of the system.

Since the previous "weird Sears clearance thread" is a bit outdated and a bit difficult to read, I decided to go ahead and make a new clearance thread to follow in the same format as the infamous Target clearance threads.

From the previous thread: http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76977
[quote name='Snake2715']
Here's a compiled list of everybody's finds so far in the thread. The price following the game title are the different reported prices.

All prices and availability is YMMV, and a lot of it seems to depend on the cashier. A lot of these games aren't in the system, and in many cases they won't sell them to you. Two options here:

A)If a game isn't in the computer when scanned, the cashier can try typing in the Stock number that is on the sticker for the game on the shelf.

B)Some people have had success bringing up another known priced game and getting both for that price.

* Also to note prices are rounded UP!!
[/quote]
* I just want to say how much dick the posters on fat wallet enjoy sucking, for we all know this will undoubtedly get reposted over there word-for-word, with no credit to the CAG community

** All games listed below are games that I have seen, or have seen posted recently in the previous thread, I will continue to update the list as required.

*** Please attempt to post all additions as follows:

Game - System - Price
ex: Conker - Xbox - $5

**** Prices are obviously YMMV, I have listed the lowest known price, however prices may be double or half the listed price, depending on your luck.

***** My current theory is that the games marked with a "Jun" clearance sticker are actually now 1/2 price at most stores, "Jul" clearance games may drop again in September, while the "Aug" clearance games are naturally up to date.

******Prices seem to be dropping again as we near September, the actual price in some cases my now be 40% less than the listed price.

AUGUST 2006

:gc: GC

$2
F-Zero GX

$3
Harry Potter: Chamber of Secrets
James Bond: Agent Under Fire
Zelda: 4 Swords

$5
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Goldeneye Rogue Agent
Kirby's Air Ride
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
Midway Arcade Treasures 2
Metroid Prime
Nintendo Bongos w/o game
TMNT 2: Battle Nexus

$8
Metroid Prime 2
Pikmin 2
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
WWE: Day of Reckoning 2

$9
Donkey Konga 2: w/o bongos

$10
Custom Robo
Donkey Konga Jungle Beat: w/o bongos
Frogger: Ancient Shadows *Not a clearance title*
Harry Potter: Azkaban
Harry Potter: Sorcerer's Stone
LOTR: The 3rd Age
Mario Tennis
Tiger Woods 2005

$12
Mario Party 5
Mario Party 6

$15
Baten Kaitos
Battalion Wars
Donkey Konga w/Bongos
Donkey Konga 2 w/Bongos
Geist

:gba: GBA

$2
Castlevania Classic
Metroid Classic

$5
Elf
Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls
Fire Emblem Sacred Stones
Mario Pinball

$7
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror

$8
Mario Vs Donkey Kong

$10
Astroboy
Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced
WarioWare Twisted

$15
-

$18
Super Mario Advance 4

:ds: DS

$5
Feel the Magic
Pac-Pix
Ridge Racer
The Urbz

$7
Pokemon Dash
Meteos

$8
Advance Wars

$10
Metroid Pinball
Pac n Roll
Seaworld: Shamu

$15
Trace Memory

:ps2: PS2

$3
Ace Combat 4
SSX Tricky

$5
Astro Boy
Batman Begins
Destroy All Humans
Gran Turismo 3
ICO
Karoake Revolution 2
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater
Mortal Kombat: Deception
Namco Museum
Prince of Persia 2: Warrior Within
Rachet and Clank
Rainbow Six 3
Sonic Heroes
Soul Calibur 2
Suffering Ties that Bind
Taiko Drum Master
TMNT 2: Battle Nexus
War of the Monsters

$7
King of Fighters: Maximum Impact
Spiderman 2
Tekken Tag Tournament

$10
Alias
Call of Duty 2
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Dragon Quest VIII YMMV!!!
Eye Toy Groove
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent
LOTR: The 3rd Age
Killzone
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Samurai Jack
Silent Hill 4: The Room
Sly Cooper
Spartan: Total Warrior
X-Men Legends 2
World Tour Soccer (2005)
Yu Yu Hakusho: DT

$12
Baldur's Gate DA2
Star Ocean: Til the End of Time

$15
Eye Toy Secret Agent
Genji
Samurai Warriors

$20
Midnight Club Racing 3

$30
FFXI w/HD

:psp: PSP

$7
Gretzky (2005)
MVP Baseball
SSX On Tour
THUG 2 Remix

$10
Death Jr
Frantix
Hustle
Namco Museum Battle Collection
Ridge Racer
Untold Legends: BotB

$12
Tiger Woods 06

$15
Ghost in the Shell
LOTR: Tactics
THUG 2: Remix
Wayne Gretzky's Hockey

:xbox: XBOX

$1
Catwoman

$3
007: Agent Under Fire
Amped 2
Midway Arcade Treasures 2
R Racing
Yourself Fitness

$5
Batman Begins
Charlie and the Chocolate
Conker
Crimson Skies
Destroy All Humans
Doom 3
Fable
Fight Night 2004
Ghost Recon: Island Thunder
Half-Life 2
Medal of Honor: European Assault
NBA Ballers
Pac-Man World 2
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Rainbow Six 3
Rainbow Six: Lockdown
Sonic Collection
Sonic Heroes
The Suffering: Ties That Bind

$6
America's Army
X-Box Live Starter Kit

$7
America's Army
Burnout: Revenge
NHL 2006
Ninja Gaiden: Black
The Warriors

$8
Top Spin

$10
007: From Russia with Love
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Forza Motorsport
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent
Jade Empire
KOTOR 2 (YMMV)
Mechassault 2
Midway 3
Spartan: Total Warrior
Test Drive: Eve of Destruction
The Urbs
Top Spin
X-Box Live 12 Months & Crimson Skies

***UPDATED THROUGH PAGE 6***

My SEARS told me they took away the cart of clearance games - can anyone tell me why they would do this or if there SEARS did this to them?

Was at my sears today and saw two boxed DDR Marios, as well as a bunch of DDR revolutions/megamixes. Are those clearanced?

[quote name='getmyrunon']Was at my sears today and saw two boxed DDR Marios, as well as a bunch of DDR revolutions/megamixes. Are those clearanced?[/quote]

I don't think so, but I'd be interested in them ( The MArio DDR sets) if you could quote me a shipped price...

[quote name='getmyrunon']Was at my sears today and saw two boxed DDR Marios, as well as a bunch of DDR revolutions/megamixes. Are those clearanced?[/quote]

DDR marios worth around $90 on ebay. I think it is getting rare again.

I was at the Laguna Hills, CA Sears today and had to ask a clerk (and wait about 15 mins for one to become "available") to check prices for me. The only thing that came up deeply discounted was:

F-Zero GP Legend - GBA - $4.97

It was red-tagged at $17.xx.

I only bought one to play. There's still one left if anyone's local. Talk about crappy, slow service and a lousy, dead atmosphere, though. No wonder Sears has been going down the crapper the past couple of decades. They have nobody to blame but themselves.

Madden 06 for XBox and GCN is $26.97 (hardly a deal I know), I also saw a Jampack for $2.47 which I know is not a deal either. Blinx 2 I think was $11.97 and Outrun 2 was $9.97.

[quote name='Nemo_Hyde']I don't think so, but I'd be interested in them ( The MArio DDR sets) if you could quote me a shipped price...[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I have zero trust in our incoming/outgoing mail here at school, so I don't feel comfortable shipping anything. If it's any consolation the packages were both a little beat up as well so I'm sure you can score better elsewhere. Sorry!

[quote name='JokerCard']Holy crap....didnt know DDR Mario was that rare....

There was one sitting at my Sears...[/QUOTE]
It's rare because it went out of print I think. I don't recall ever seeing a copy of that game in store before.

[quote name='Rozz']My SEARS told me they took away the cart of clearance games - can anyone tell me why they would do this or if there SEARS did this to them?[/QUOTE]
They got rid of them cause you waited too long?

[quote name='thericochet']I was at the Laguna Hills, CA Sears today and had to ask a clerk (and wait about 15 mins for one to become "available") to check prices for me. The only thing that came up deeply discounted was:

I only bought one to play. There's still one left if anyone's local. Talk about crappy, slow service and a lousy, dead atmosphere, though. No wonder Sears has been going down the crapper the past couple of decades. They have nobody to blame but themselves.[/quote]

lol that place is crap i agree

I'm new to this website, so this question has probably already been asked, I've just missed it. How do you find prices like these? I go into every electronics store I'm nearby and I rarely see anything on sale. I looked through my local sears game department (which is fairly big) plus the one at the super sears (grand market or something) and the lowest anything is ever priced is $14.99.
Same deal with Target, I check out Target, but the lowest things they have are $9.99.

I just want to know where you dig up these amazing bargins

[quote name='khaos2639']I'm new to this website, so this question has probably already been asked, I've just missed it. How do you find prices like these? I go into every electronics store I'm nearby and I rarely see anything on sale. I looked through my local sears game department (which is fairly big) plus the one at the super sears (grand market or something) and the lowest anything is ever priced is $14.99.
Same deal with Target, I check out Target, but the lowest things they have are $9.99.

I just want to know where you dig up these amazing bargins[/QUOTE]

Wear your 3D glasses, and the bargains will magically appear to you

[quote name='thericochet']I was at the Laguna Hills, CA Sears today and had to ask a clerk (and wait about 15 mins for one to become "available") to check prices for me. The only thing that came up deeply discounted was:

I only bought one to play. There's still one left if anyone's local. Talk about crappy, slow service and a lousy, dead atmosphere, though. No wonder Sears has been going down the crapper the past couple of decades. They have nobody to blame but themselves.[/quote]

You realize that there's a price checker over in the hardware department? Obviously doesn't work for stuff in the cases -- like the Chibi Robo or Battalion Wars they had as of last week -- but I remember scanning F-Zero myself. It's a short walk, but it sure beats waiting for someone.

Second the crappy, slow service and lousy, dead atmosphere, though. They have one good employee, but he's not always there.

[quote name='khaos2639']I'm new to this website, so this question has probably already been asked, I've just missed it. How do you find prices like these? I go into every electronics store I'm nearby and I rarely see anything on sale. I looked through my local sears game department (which is fairly big) plus the one at the super sears (grand market or something) and the lowest anything is ever priced is $14.99.

I just want to know where you dig up these amazing bargins[/QUOTE]

Sears, Target, Kmart all have price scanners. If you're able to actually hold the game (as opposed to it being locked behind a case), go and scan it. Lazy employees won't bother re-pricing the game with the clearance prices. On the other hand, lazy employees are your best friend as it will keep the uninformed masses from knowing about the clearance prices and buying it before you can get there.

I wish they would put a price check machine in the electronics in my local Sears. The electronics is seperated by glass walls (they had a lot of theft apparently) with those detectors you walk through to get in and out of the department so you can't take a game out to a price scanner.

[quote name='blandstalker']You realize that there's a price checker over in the hardware department? Obviously doesn't work for stuff in the cases -- like the Chibi Robo or Battalion Wars they had as of last week -- but I remember scanning F-Zero myself. It's a short walk, but it sure beats waiting for someone.

Second the crappy, slow service and lousy, dead atmosphere, though. They have one good employee, but he's not always there.[/QUOTE]

I actually asked one of the managers where a scanner like that was and she told me I wasn't allowed to take the stack of games i had in my hand over there because sensors would go off. Sounded stupid to me since I wasn't taking it outside, but I didn't want to cause trouble.

Of course SHE could've checked prices for me instead of telling me to wait for the elderly salesman, but she's obviously not interested in customers being happy at her store. Good job Sears.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Wear your 3D glasses, and the bargains will magically appear to you[/quote]

ok, now I'm just more confused.

as for the rest of you, so I just see a game I like, for example Jeopardy on PS2, and it's listed for $14.99, tagged for $14.99, but if I were to take it to a price scanner, it would say something like $5.99? Wow

The only experience I have with things like that is I, until recently, worked the electronics desk at TRU, and we'd occasionally find things, like one day I was clearing out the booth, and I found a copy of Meteos, so I put it out on the shelf. Then later I noticed the shelf tag was missing, so I printed a new one and it said $7.35, and I knew it was $29.99 everywhere else. Also one day they put all our Polarium to $4.99 a couple of months ago. I thought we were just weird.

[quote name='khaos2639']ok, now I'm just more confused.

as for the rest of you, so I just see a game I like, for example Jeopardy on PS2, and it's listed for $14.99, tagged for $14.99, but if I were to take it to a price scanner, it would say something like $5.99? Wow

The only experience I have with things like that is I, until recently, worked the electronics desk at TRU, and we'd occasionally find things, like one day I was clearing out the booth, and I found a copy of Meteos, so I put it out on the shelf. Then later I noticed the shelf tag was missing, so I printed a new one and it said $7.35, and I knew it was $29.99 everywhere else. Also one day they put all our Polarium to $4.99 a couple of months ago. I thought we were just weird.[/quote]

Clearance games at any chain are rarely tagged at the actual clearance price. Not that I fault the employees for that -- who wants to print up new tags every single time an item goes on clearance and then each time it drops further? Besides, it helps us CAGs score big when games are still tagged as $49.99. :lol:

[quote name='khaos2639']ok, now I'm just more confused.

The only experience I have with things like that is I, until recently, worked the electronics desk at TRU, and we'd occasionally find things, like one day I was clearing out the booth, and I found a copy of Meteos, so I put it out on the shelf. Then later I noticed the shelf tag was missing, so I printed a new one and it said $7.35, and I knew it was $29.99 everywhere else. Also one day they put all our Polarium to $4.99 a couple of months ago. I thought we were just weird.[/quote]
Noobie, check the first page, the OP listed all the clearance games. No every game is in clearance. Only those listed in the OP.

I bought another midway arcade treasures 2 ps2 $1.97 at checkout the employee asked me where I found the game he said he had been looking for it. Unfortunately for me it looks like it is going to get harder to find the deals at Sears the two Sears stores where I found a whole lot of astounding deals over the past year are now taking many games out of the glass cases and putting them out onto clearance shelves or bins many games have the correct prices a few are still unmarked or not priced correctly. The employees seem to be more knowledgeable about the clearance prices as well. I asked a employee to scan the following Outrun 2 $9.97 and Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow xbox $14.97 for me. I saw bust a move psp price marked $9.99.

Very strange - was at a KC area Sears and a bunch of the games from the OP have now shown up in clearance bins at prices listed - e.g. F-Zero GX GC for 1.97. Some others I remember were Zelda Windwaker and Metroid for $5. Also, Fire Emblem Sacred Stones GBA for $5. Quite a few of each of these - wonder where they came from? Someone open a dusty box in the back?

Also, scored 6 5-packs of Sony MiniDisc blanks - 1.97 each!

[quote name='maddad']Very strange - was at a KC area Sears and a bunch of the games from the OP have now shown up in clearance bins at prices listed - e.g. F-Zero GX GC for 1.97. Some others I remember were Zelda Windwaker and Metroid for $5. Also, Fire Emblem Sacred Stones GBA for $5. Quite a few of each of these - wonder where they came from? Someone open a dusty box in the back?

Also, scored 6 5-packs of Sony MiniDisc blanks - 1.97 each![/quote]

Thanks, I'll take a look at my Sears, hopefully I'll find a copy of Fire Emblem or maybe some other old game like Super Mario World or Astroboy! :applause:

Didn't see Super Mario World or Astroboy, but there were over five copies of each of the following though:
Zelda Wind Waker $4.99
Metroid Prime 4.99
F-Zero GX 1.99

It hurts that I bought all those games for more Z:WW for $8, MP at least $20, and F-Zero GX for $10 at that same Sears a year or so ago! :(

[quote name='maddad']Very strange - was at a KC area Sears and a bunch of the games from the OP have now shown up in clearance bins at prices listed - e.g. F-Zero GX GC for 1.97. Some others I remember were Zelda Windwaker and Metroid for $5. Also, Fire Emblem Sacred Stones GBA for $5. Quite a few of each of these - wonder where they came from? Someone open a dusty box in the back?

Also, scored 6 5-packs of Sony MiniDisc blanks - 1.97 each![/quote]
Which KC Sears was that? Independence Mall?

SI

[quote name='sterlingice']Which KC Sears was that? Independence Mall?

SI[/QUOTE]

No, in the Northland - Antioch Mall

I'm looking for those original Xbox LIVE 12 month packs that are $9.99. If anyone picked one of these up, PM me. I'd be willing to trade or pay you for the code. Thanks in advance.

I have a quick questoin...

So Sonic Heroes was $5 way back when in 2006, right? Well, would it have dropped by now? I think a Sears near me has one. Is there any chance it's at $2 or something?

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='foofoofiifoo']I have a quick questoin...

So Sonic Heroes was $5 way back when in 2006, right? Well, would it have dropped by now? I think a Sears near me has one. Is there any chance it's at $2 or something?[/quote]

Depends.

If it doesn't have any new white price and/or UPC stickers on it, then it will probably scan at an insanely low price. If it's been restickered, you're out of luck.

Whatever price it is, I'm not sure Sonic Heroes is worth it :whistle2:|

[quote name='boyboy1080']its probably out of their system and has come back to sears for the 14.99 display area[/QUOTE]

It could be out of the system, once a game (or any clerance item I guess) hits $0.97, when the next monthly price drops happen that item is taken out of the system. That happened with a DS AC adapter, it was tagged $3.97 with a May sticker and when I scanned it a few weeks ago it was out of the system and the guy said he couldn't sell it to me.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']It could be out of the system, once a game (or any clerance item I guess) hits $0.97, when the next monthly price drops happen that item is taken out of the system. That happened with a DS AC adapter, it was tagged $3.97 with a May sticker and when I scanned it a few weeks ago it was out of the system and the guy said he couldn't sell it to me.[/quote]
encountered the same problem. Found 2 xbox 12-month live kit with crimson sky, out of the system. they told me that they couldn't sell them to me. Damn, these must have been put in their back storage room for a long time. I have been to that sears a few times before and never seen them on the shelf. :bomb: I guess they just recently digged them out of the storage room.

[quote name='foofoofiifoo']I have a quick questoin...

So Sonic Heroes was $5 way back when in 2006, right? Well, would it have dropped by now? I think a Sears near me has one. Is there any chance it's at $2 or something?

Thanks in advance.[/quote]
I saw a copy few months ago but it rang up for $19.99. In case you wonder, there was no UPC sticker over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back