Sears Clearance Thread Summer 06

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update:

[quote name='PigeonSt']Almost all of the games in Novi, MI have been marked up to 9.99 or 14.99 with a generic red sticker. There are a few random clearances left though...[/quote]

This is true of most Sears stores. If they happen to have anything left it's likely to be $10 or less by now. Everything else is out of the system and will likely ring up as: Video Game, and is stickered $10 or $15, just like the games at Kmart that went out of the system.

Since the previous "weird Sears clearance thread" is a bit outdated and a bit difficult to read, I decided to go ahead and make a new clearance thread to follow in the same format as the infamous Target clearance threads.

From the previous thread: http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76977
[quote name='Snake2715']
Here's a compiled list of everybody's finds so far in the thread. The price following the game title are the different reported prices.

All prices and availability is YMMV, and a lot of it seems to depend on the cashier. A lot of these games aren't in the system, and in many cases they won't sell them to you. Two options here:

A)If a game isn't in the computer when scanned, the cashier can try typing in the Stock number that is on the sticker for the game on the shelf.

B)Some people have had success bringing up another known priced game and getting both for that price.

* Also to note prices are rounded UP!!
[/quote]
* I just want to say how much dick the posters on fat wallet enjoy sucking, for we all know this will undoubtedly get reposted over there word-for-word, with no credit to the CAG community

** All games listed below are games that I have seen, or have seen posted recently in the previous thread, I will continue to update the list as required.

*** Please attempt to post all additions as follows:

Game - System - Price
ex: Conker - Xbox - $5

**** Prices are obviously YMMV, I have listed the lowest known price, however prices may be double or half the listed price, depending on your luck.

***** My current theory is that the games marked with a "Jun" clearance sticker are actually now 1/2 price at most stores, "Jul" clearance games may drop again in September, while the "Aug" clearance games are naturally up to date.

******Prices seem to be dropping again as we near September, the actual price in some cases my now be 40% less than the listed price.

AUGUST 2006

:gc: GC

$2
F-Zero GX

$3
Harry Potter: Chamber of Secrets
James Bond: Agent Under Fire
Zelda: 4 Swords

$5
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Goldeneye Rogue Agent
Kirby's Air Ride
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
Midway Arcade Treasures 2
Metroid Prime
Nintendo Bongos w/o game
TMNT 2: Battle Nexus

$8
Metroid Prime 2
Pikmin 2
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
WWE: Day of Reckoning 2

$9
Donkey Konga 2: w/o bongos

$10
Custom Robo
Donkey Konga Jungle Beat: w/o bongos
Frogger: Ancient Shadows *Not a clearance title*
Harry Potter: Azkaban
Harry Potter: Sorcerer's Stone
LOTR: The 3rd Age
Mario Tennis
Tiger Woods 2005

$12
Mario Party 5
Mario Party 6

$15
Baten Kaitos
Battalion Wars
Donkey Konga w/Bongos
Donkey Konga 2 w/Bongos
Geist

:gba: GBA

$2
Castlevania Classic
Metroid Classic

$5
Elf
Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls
Fire Emblem Sacred Stones
Mario Pinball

$7
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror

$8
Mario Vs Donkey Kong

$10
Astroboy
Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced
WarioWare Twisted

$15
-

$18
Super Mario Advance 4

:ds: DS

$5
Feel the Magic
Pac-Pix
Ridge Racer
The Urbz

$7
Pokemon Dash
Meteos

$8
Advance Wars

$10
Metroid Pinball
Pac n Roll
Seaworld: Shamu

$15
Trace Memory

:ps2: PS2

$3
Ace Combat 4
SSX Tricky

$5
Astro Boy
Batman Begins
Destroy All Humans
Gran Turismo 3
ICO
Karoake Revolution 2
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater
Mortal Kombat: Deception
Namco Museum
Prince of Persia 2: Warrior Within
Rachet and Clank
Rainbow Six 3
Sonic Heroes
Soul Calibur 2
Suffering Ties that Bind
Taiko Drum Master
TMNT 2: Battle Nexus
War of the Monsters

$7
King of Fighters: Maximum Impact
Spiderman 2
Tekken Tag Tournament

$10
Alias
Call of Duty 2
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Dragon Quest VIII YMMV!!!
Eye Toy Groove
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent
LOTR: The 3rd Age
Killzone
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Samurai Jack
Silent Hill 4: The Room
Sly Cooper
Spartan: Total Warrior
X-Men Legends 2
World Tour Soccer (2005)
Yu Yu Hakusho: DT

$12
Baldur's Gate DA2
Star Ocean: Til the End of Time

$15
Eye Toy Secret Agent
Genji
Samurai Warriors

$20
Midnight Club Racing 3

$30
FFXI w/HD

:psp: PSP

$7
Gretzky (2005)
MVP Baseball
SSX On Tour
THUG 2 Remix

$10
Death Jr
Frantix
Hustle
Namco Museum Battle Collection
Ridge Racer
Untold Legends: BotB

$12
Tiger Woods 06

$15
Ghost in the Shell
LOTR: Tactics
THUG 2: Remix
Wayne Gretzky's Hockey

:xbox: XBOX

$1
Catwoman

$3
007: Agent Under Fire
Amped 2
Midway Arcade Treasures 2
R Racing
Yourself Fitness

$5
Batman Begins
Charlie and the Chocolate
Conker
Crimson Skies
Destroy All Humans
Doom 3
Fable
Fight Night 2004
Ghost Recon: Island Thunder
Half-Life 2
Medal of Honor: European Assault
NBA Ballers
Pac-Man World 2
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Rainbow Six 3
Rainbow Six: Lockdown
Sonic Collection
Sonic Heroes
The Suffering: Ties That Bind

$6
America's Army
X-Box Live Starter Kit

$7
America's Army
Burnout: Revenge
NHL 2006
Ninja Gaiden: Black
The Warriors

$8
Top Spin

$10
007: From Russia with Love
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Forza Motorsport
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent
Jade Empire
KOTOR 2 (YMMV)
Mechassault 2
Midway 3
Spartan: Total Warrior
Test Drive: Eve of Destruction
The Urbs
Top Spin
X-Box Live 12 Months & Crimson Skies

***UPDATED THROUGH PAGE 6***

[quote name='CaseyRyback']At the Sears I went to yesterday (cary) the FFXI's were marked 19.97 (pretty sure about this).[/quote]

Yep, saw em for $20 at a Sears in Des Moines, IA. There's 2 Sears in that city... can't recall exactly which one it was though. There were also 2 Best Buys, one of them had a bunch of Donkey Konga 2 (with bongos) marked at $20, so $15 after the GGC, OR even lower if you eat McDonalds.

Good trip today - snagged the following:

Mario Tennis (x2, one for a friend) - $9.xx
Mario Party 5 - $11.xx
Mario Party 6 - $11.xx

Not too shabby at all. :)

[quote name='biggyfries']almost picked up custom robo, but still dont feel like spending $15 on it. is this game worth $15?[/quote]
I got it for 10 a long time ago at Toys R Us, and it's pretty fun. The story is absolutely awful, to the point where you'll probably just skip through the long monotonous dialogues. The actual gameplay is kind of fun, particularly if you play against humans instead of the awful AI. I wouldn't pay 15 for it, but under that would be good.

[quote name='deathscythehe']I got it for 10 a long time ago at Toys R Us, and it's pretty fun. The story is absolutely awful, to the point where you'll probably just skip through the long monotonous dialogues. The actual gameplay is kind of fun, particularly if you play against humans instead of the awful AI. I wouldn't pay 15 for it, but under that would be good.[/QUOTE]

It felt like a poor man's Gotcha Force to me. But since most people haven't played Gotcha Force, I suppose they wouldn't have that problem...

shouldn't we like close this thread since we're no longer in the "Summer 06" time period of the sale?

i dunno, i'm bored. i haven't done my usually "check it out at sears" run for almost a week now.

[quote name='Stry-ker']well i was wondering before i made a trip back is all.[/quote]

they rang up 30 a couple days ago near me. not quite 20 yet.

Are any DDR Game + Pad combos on clearance? There are plenty of Extremes, Extreme 2's, and Mario Mixes around me, just waiting to be taken.

I may have asked this before... don't quite remember... :p

But man, anything under $30 for those would kick ass....

[quote name='SaraAB']I finally got my copy of fire emblem: the sacred stones from sears for 14.99, yay for me![/QUOTE]

14.99 ?? I got mine for 4.97

Hey guys, just picked up:
Paper Mario: 19.99
Star Fox Assault: 19.99
Fire Emblem: 14.99
Pikmin 2: 7.99!!!

Also had Chibi for 14.99, doesn't interest me though.:applause:

[quote name='ebcdic']Hey guys, just picked up:
Star Fox Assault: 19.99
Fire Emblem: 14.99
Pikmin 2: 7.99!!!

Also had Chibi for 14.99, doesn't interest me though.:applause:[/quote]

Paper Mario and Star Fox Assault aren't really on clearance. Those prices are what you'd pay anywhere for them. They just have them mixed with the clearance because they're 19.99.

Oops i meant fire emblem path of radiance for 14.99 for gamecube

I already have sacred stones and yes i got it for 4.97 too.

Cant beat 35$ price drops on gamecube games!

[quote name='ebcdic']Hey guys, just picked up:

I thought Paper Mario 2 was $10 at Sears? :bomb:

I guess all prices aren't same for every Sears, are these still the same price for most places?
Batallion Wars for $15
Custom Robo $10
Paper Mario 2 $10

Grabbed the last EyeToy Kinetic at my local Sears for $14.97. How much is Onimusha 2 ringing up for? I wanted to get it scanned but I have noticed that when I ask for a game to be scanned the employees do not put it back in the glass case if I do not buy it.

grabbed Castlevania (Classic) :gba: for $0.97. surprised they labeled it.

that's it?!? and this my Sears (2 minute drive), nothing.

Does anyone know if Metroid Prime: Hunters is/was being clearanced? I ask because the one Sears I was at had about 6 copies in the loose bin by the games section that includes all the clearance games. All of the other games were either marked for clearance (almost all were marked), except for a few like Chibi-Robo, which did ring up at $15 when pricechecked. Anyways I had the one employee there price check a couple of the them and they all were clearanced priced except Hunters which rang up at 34.99, he was surprised that it was in the bin at that price as well FWIW.

Metroid Prime: Hunters :ds: is not on clearance. Metroid Prime: Pinball :ds: is on clearance for $10. but i think it's already lowered.

I picked up the following games in Holyoke, MA

Chibi Robo 14.99
Geist 14.99
Pokemon Pinball -GBA 6.97
Crazy Taxi 2.97
Slugfest Loaded 5.97
Silent Hill 4 9.99
Pikmin 2 7.99
King of Fighters-Maximum Impact 6.97
Hamm Hamm Games 5.97
Astro Boy Omega Factor - GBA 5.97
Trace Memory-DS 4.97

Not much of a selection left but I did see Metal gear Acid-PSP for 14.97 but I dont own a PSP

[quote name='Cpt Hooks']Star Ocean is worth $12 boxed edition or not. Buy that thing you cheapass![/quote]
Yeah. I would rebuy the boxed edition for $12 if I could find one.

[quote name='jimijumper']I picked up the following games in Holyoke, MA

Chibi Robo 14.99
Geist 14.99
Pokemon Pinball -GBA 6.97
Crazy Taxi 2.97
Slugfest Loaded 5.97
Silent Hill 4 9.99
Pikmin 2 7.99
King of Fighters-Maximum Impact 6.97
Hamm Hamm Games 5.97
Astro Boy Omega Factor - GBA 5.97
Trace Memory-DS 4.97

Not much of a selection left but I did see Metal gear Acid-PSP for 14.97 but I dont own a PSP[/QUOTE]

Trace Memory $4.97!

Anyone know if original Xbox 12 month cards are marked down? Not the Starter kits with Crimson Skies but just the 12 month Xbox live cards themselves. I saw a few at my local Sears but no one was around to price check em and I was in a hurry.

Wow I have never been treated like such crap before in my life. I went to Sears on my way back from class today and the whole place was empty since it was around 2pm, so I took my time lookin at the games. There werent any good deals in the discount bin but i did see Ridge Racer DS and FZero GC in the case and asked a guy "could you please open this case up so I can check some prices". He said "i hate how you frat guys walk in here and think you own the place im on break find someone else". I was wearing a letter hoody so i guess he put the dots together but man what the fuck im a customer and I was being polite. fuck sears im not going back unless there is another big sale.

Oh and this is the Ann Arbor Briarwood Sears.:bomb:

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Wow I have never been treated like such crap before in my life. I went to Sears on my way back from class today and the whole place was empty since it was around 2pm, so I took my time lookin at the games. There werent any good deals in the discount bin but i did see Ridge Racer DS and FZero GC in the case and asked a guy "could you please open this case up so I can check some prices". He said "i hate how you frat guys walk in here and think you own the place im on break find someone else". I was wearing a letter hoody so i guess he put the dots together but man what the fuck im a customer and I was being polite. fuck sears im not going back unless there is another big sale.

Oh and this is the Ann Arbor Briarwood Sears.:bomb:[/quote]

Okay, that's complete BS. You should take his name straight to the manager, corporate, whoever. What an asshole!

[quote name='lawdood']Anyone know if original Xbox 12 month cards are marked down? Not the Starter kits with Crimson Skies but just the 12 month Xbox live cards themselves. I saw a few at my local Sears but no one was around to price check em and I was in a hurry.[/quote]

I checked they are still full price.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Wow I have never been treated like such crap before in my life. I went to Sears on my way back from class today and the whole place was empty since it was around 2pm, so I took my time lookin at the games. There werent any good deals in the discount bin but i did see Ridge Racer DS and FZero GC in the case and asked a guy "could you please open this case up so I can check some prices". He said "i hate how you frat guys walk in here and think you own the place im on break find someone else". I was wearing a letter hoody so i guess he put the dots together but man what the fuck im a customer and I was being polite. fuck sears im not going back unless there is another big sale.

lets give him a life long break

Theres a few solutions to that problem:
1: Never give them your business again
2: Get him fired
3: Have a thick skin and go back often and be even more of a d-bag than he is

Then again you could probably do all three at the same time. :)

Oh and this is the Ann Arbor Briarwood Sears.:bomb:[/QUOTE]
Like everyone else said, report him to management or corporate. Hell have fun with him and be an ass to him. He's just jealous you are in school and going to make more money than him eventually.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw'] im a customer and I was being polite. fuck sears im not going back unless there is another big sale.

As others have suggested, if you're really steamed, complain to a manager.

Sears has all kinds of people working there. My biggest problem is usually finding someone who can open the cases in the electronics department. They've always got plenty of people selling dishwashers and tools, but usually only a solitary nerd with the keys to the videogames.

Most of the people who work there are nice, though there was one who was a jerk once. Haven't seen him since.

Now that I think about it he was prolly having a bad day, and since he said something about me being in a frat he prolly had a bad experience with em. Dont get me wrong its still fucked up but not worth getting the poor sap fired over...i just wanted ridge racer ds lol see if it sucks as bad as everyone is saying :D

You have to understand that we don't get commission on Video Games so it's a big waist of time just randomly ringing up prices for you... That eats away at money we could be making on other customers... Sears employees including me get paid shit unless we sell bigscreens. It's also true that there are only 1 set of keys in each department. You should report that employee because no one has the right to say that to you... It would be automatic termination...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back