Sears

DjSkittles

CAG Veteran
So I was at Sears the other day perusing their videogame section(not all Sears have one). It looked rather awful due to the serious disorganization and outdated prices(they had Rygar for 50 bucks!), but then I saw Kingdom Hearts for 9.98 new and non-greatest hit. It made me wonder if other games are dirt-cheap there. Does anyone know?

It seems like deals at Sears can vary from store to store.

Some stores always have clearance games and others seem to never have them.

My local Sears, in Willow Grove PA is the worst. Xbox Music Mixer is on clearance for $29.99 when the MSRP is $19.99

Sears is the epitome of YMMV. Depending on the store, day of the week, phase of the moon, and the associate's name, the price can vary from dirt cheap to outrageous. It's all about luck, and if your sears is regular about keeping up their section (most however, are not).

[quote name='BigDirty']Sears is the epitome of YMMV. Depending on the store, day of the week, phase of the moon, and the associate's name, the price can vary from dirt cheap to outrageous. It's all about luck, and if your sears is regular about keeping up their section (most however, are not).[/quote]

Well said, and amazingly true.

I just got Test Drive for xbox (non platinum) for 9.98. Not bad...opened the credit card and put it on that to get 10 bucks off so the game'll be free.

No, I've seen it for months now but never knew what it was. obviously I havent been on CAG for 2 minutes if I have over 100 posts. Dumbass.

p.s. I hope your not a guy because having John Stamos in ur avatar is pretty shaq-fuing queer.

[quote name='tyecko']No, I've seen it for months now but never knew what it was. obviously I havent been on CAG for 2 minutes if I have over 100 posts. Dumbass.

p.s. I hope your not a guy because having John Stamos in ur avatar is pretty shaq-fuing queer.[/quote]

Because of your attitude and stupidity, I will now call you an idiot: "You sir, are an idiot."

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2244

That's the CAG acronym FAQ, which is STICKY, and has been around for at least 2 months. You have 100 posts and have never seen this? Now who's the Dumbass?

Edit: It's been around since October 2k3.

[quote name='tyecko']No, I've seen it for months now but never knew what it was. obviously I havent been on CAG for 2 minutes if I have over 100 posts. Dumbass.

p.s. I hope your not a guy because having John Stamos in ur avatar is pretty shaq-fuing queer.[/quote]

Or you could have just entered "YMMV" into Google and found the answer in less than a second, but what do i know? Having 100 posts obviously makes you smarter than me... :p

hmmm...never noticed the circle jerk smiley.

anywho, all the Sears around me seem to almost never have clearance...unless its broken (game wise) other wise its a display.

alright seebelow u ass i was just saying tht im not new because i couldnt have posted 157 posts in 2 seconds. think about it fucker. 2nd evilmax17 sorry I never noticed the sticky

Geez, calm down, dude. Sorry, I was just messin' with ya, but when you ask a newbie question like that, you gotta be prepared to take the inevitable ribbing that comes with it. Calling someone who helped you out a "dumbass" tends to discourage people from helping you out again in the future...

Sorry that I dont know all of ur nerd lingo such as YMMV. I guess it must be because I get out in the sun every once and a while and dont play star wars galaxies all day.

lol...i don't do that, but i have known wut ymmv meant since i had about 20 posts...

i didn't know wut b&m meant till i had like 60 posts, but i found it in the "faq" thing...

callin the dude a dumbass was harsh...he was just helping...that guy was just exaggerating on the 2 minute posting thing anyway... ;)

[quote name='MorganWebbLover']MY Sears never has any deals and they don't even sell Gamecube games .[/quote]

I went to a local Sears today (Clackamas Town Center in Portland, OR) out of curiosity... and well, MorganWebbLover's post pretty much describes what I discovered. No deals, no Gamecube stuff. Everything was MSRP, and nothing looked overpriced. Notably, they had one copy of the Xbox Tetris/Star Wars combo disc for $49.99.

John Stamos rules!!! I went to the local Sears. Not really anything in/on clearance. They did rearrange everything so maybe they will have more as time progresses. But all the times I went to sears, they never had GC games. Do they not like Nintendo. Once I did find WWF No Mercy for like $5. That was when the N64 was really kewl. SO I guess it was a bargain. Since then, I have not been able to find anything. They do have several copies of Star Wars/Teris for like 49.99, I guess they consider a real game and not a promo pack. Whatever. They always promise they have the lowest prices but have not yet to see them.

JC

you're calling people nerds while you yourself are posting on the same video game website. you've got to be a little kid.

[quote name='MorganWebbLover']MY Sears never has any deals and they don't even sell Gamecube games .[/quote]

That is because about 3 years ago, Sears decided they are going to stop selling Nintendo products. I remember it got to the point where all games for Nintendo systems were 70% off to get rid of all the N64 and GBC games but considering most N64 games were still $49.99 - $59.99 at Sears before the discount, paying $15 - $18 for a N64 game in 2001 was kind of expensive especially because it was possible to find Dreamcast games at that price and at the time, I would have rather bought a Dreamcast game than a N64 game.

I remember in the late 80's, early 90's back when the video games section was in the boys clothing department in Sears, the area used to be called "World of Nintendo" and I think all they had was Nintendo games. And now, they don't even have Nintendo stuff anymore.

bread's done
Back