SecondSpin.com 20% off AND free shipping

bantheradio

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I am not sure if this has been mentioned already but...

SecondSpin.com is offering 20% off and free shippings placed on all items when using the following code:

heynow

While this doesn't necessarily apply exclusively to games (the site sells used DVDs, CDs, and Video Games), I figured it would be good to post here. There are a number of great deals to be had (if they have the used item in stock).

For instance, I just placed an order for Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii) for only $27 shipped.

I've ordered from this site before and received my games with cases and inserts. All items looked as though they had never been used.

Enjoy.

Secondspin is awesome. its where i got half of my wii collection for cheaper than even ebaying.

They came in great condition too! Manuals/og box art.

Glad I held off placing an order yesterday. Hopefully the code will last longer this time around...

thanks for the update BustaUppa.

Held off on the 25% off everything awhile back because I wasn't planning on spending enough to make it worth it. Was hoping this would come back soon. =)

[quote name='dim2192']There are quite a few reasonable DVDs for under $2.[/QUOTE]

Yup, going to do my usual free ship dvd dumpster diving.

first go:

Two Springsteen cds, Magic and Live from New York. I'll have to check out which dvds are cheap but it's really difficult just browsing since there are SO many bad dvds in the world it's hard to eliminate the crap.

Always love this code, but the only 360 game that really looked tempting to use it on was Battlefield Bad Company. $20 before code, and lots in stock.

first order!:

.hack//G.U.: Vol. 2 -- Reminisce
Used Game - Price: $18.39

.hack//G.U. Vol. 1: Rebirth
Used Game - Price: $18.39

.hack//G.U.: Vol. 3
Used Game - Price: $12.87

Test Drive: Eve of Destruction
Used Game - Price: $6.39

Snoopy vs. The Red Baron
Used Game - Price: $11.99

Test Drive: Eve of Destruction
Used Game - Price: $11.99

my second order will be full of mostly DVDs (freakazoid season 1 and some anime baby! wooo!)

Not familiar with this site; how is their return policy? For example if I get one I'm not satisfied with the quality (scratched disc, missing manual or case) will they exchange it for another copy of the same game?

[quote name='ferant316']Not familiar with this site; how is their return policy? For example if I get one I'm not satisfied with the quality (scratched disc, missing manual or case) will they exchange it for another copy of the same game?[/QUOTE]

Traditionally if the dvd/game doesn't work they have shipped out a replacement immediately without requiring you to send it back. For more minor complaints I don't know.

[quote name='ferant316']Not familiar with this site; how is their return policy? For example if I get one I'm not satisfied with the quality (scratched disc, missing manual or case) will they exchange it for another copy of the same game?[/QUOTE]I can also vouch for the quality of their return policy. In my experience, they've shipped out replacement products free of charge, without requiring a return. In cases where they shipped the WRONG item, they shipped the correct item out right away, and then directed me to a free shipping label that I could print out to return the incorrect item.

"Ship first, ask questions later" kinda sums it up :D

Also had good experiences with them on things that didn't work out. Had a disc on a season of a TV show that had a scratch and would crash during a part in a certain episode. They were out of stock when I contacted them, so they gave me store credit for the amount and said to keep the season. Definitely would recommend buying from Second Spin.

In regards to missing manuals or non original case, you're most likely out of luck. I got Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect with this last June and Mass Effect has a broken disc and Assassin's Creed was missing the manual. They eagerly sent a replacement disc (in full mint packaging :) ) but they couldn't do anything about the manual. Luck of the draw I guess. But every other purchase I've made has come in good enough shape and complete.

[quote name='bamf226']code still valid?[/QUOTE]just throw something in your cart and try entering the code at checkout... that's how I initially found out it was on again :D

Code has unlimited uses so you're safe!

[quote name='wolverinefactor']Thanks. Finally bit on Twin peaks Gold Set. 46.xx shipped was a sweet price.[/QUOTE]

Nice, that is a sweet set. Great series, lots of random extras on the set. (Make sure to watch the Japanese coffee commercials they are hilarious).

I ordered Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow for 12+tax. I don't know if that's a good deal, but I've been on a Castlevania kick recently and that's the last DS one I don't own. Now to wait for a good deal on the GBA ones.

[quote name='Josef']Anyone know if they ship GBA games in bubble mailers or boxes?[/QUOTE]

If you only order one or two games, they'll probably send it in a bubble mailer. If you order 3 or more they'll probably use a box. In my experience, their GBA game boxes are usually in poor condition anyway.

[quote name='koster']And code 'HEYNOW' is dead again... :whistle2:([/QUOTE]I was just looking through my past orders to remember when the last few promotions were. Looks like the code was active for a while in June, September, December, and just now in February. So most likely it'll be back in a couple of months!

Mixed first experience... Halo 3 Collector's Edition came in near mint condition with everything. Halo 2 Collector's Edition doesn't have the game disc! Kind of a major oversight for an established company. Will update with how they resolve it.

[quote name='ferant316']Mixed first experience... Halo 3 Collector's Edition came in near mint condition with everything. Halo 2 Collector's Edition doesn't have the game disc! Kind of a major oversight for an established company. Will update with how they resolve it.[/quote]

There's not a company in the world that is above making mistakes. I promise you, they'll send a replacement out right away.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']There's not a company in the world that is above making mistakes. I promise you, they'll send a replacement out right away.[/quote]

I know, it's happened a few times with Gamestop and it's typically a hassle getting it from them. Will see how SecondSpin is about it, they had no more copies in stock earlier today but now it says last copy. More surprised that out of 80+ eBay purchases or ones off other forums never had this happen, first time I try this site it does.

On a positive note they sent Halo 3 CE the way it should have been from the factory, with the discs in their own envelopes to avoid scratches in shipping.

SecondSpin is usually very good about fixing problems like a missing disc. I give them a ton of business (1 or more order a week) and that has only happened to me once.

Usually when that happens to me at Gamestop, it's ALWAYS an out of town Gamestop and I'm SOL unless I can go back to the store. Grrr! Note to self: Always check cases before you leave.

I've ordered a lot of CDs and DVDs from SecondSpin. One order had the wrong CD in the case, and another had a scratched disc that wouldn't play 2 tracks. Both times I got a replacement right away and they didn't give me a hard time about it at all. Great CS there.

MjC

To update, I got the replacement Halo 2 Collector's Edition and once again it had no disk just the bonus DVD. Their service is impressive, in that they sent it to me and I received it in just a few days considering the long weekend, but to have a major issue like that TWICE in a row is absurd in my eyes. While I am guessing they're victims, as I'm sure it's people trading it in without the game disk to rip them off, a basic level of knowledge or care has to be put in when running a business of this type and from my experience it is not.

Rise from your grave... :)

'HEYNOW' is alive again (20% off and free standard shipping). Take advantage while it lasts...

[quote name='koster']Rise from your grave... :)

'HEYNOW' is alive again (20% off and free standard shipping). Take advantage while it lasts...[/quote]

Thanks, I've been waiting for a percent off and free shipping code.

[quote name='crunchewy']Their used prices don't seem that great. Even with 20% off I'm not finding many deals.[/quote]
2nd.

still though, thanks op.

[quote name='crunchewy']Their used prices don't seem that great. Even with 20% off I'm not finding many deals.[/quote]

Gotta agree this time around. Site isn't as good as it was a few months ago, seems they are jacking prices up a lot on everything. :( Ah well, saves me money.

When buying used games are they guarenteed to be complete? How about dvd season boxsets like south park,simpsons etc;do they always come with the outer cardboard box?

picked up a copy of Burnout Paradise PS3 and 4 cds ranging from 3.99-6.99 before discount. Good haul.

So far every game i've bought from them has been complete, i'm not sure if ti's guaranteed, but it's SUPPOSED to be required when selling games to them, so in theory if they have to be complete inorder to be sold, what you get will be complete too.

bread's done
Back