Seeking an MMO. PvP important.

HeSaveDave

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Hey PC gamers. I have played WoW for almost 9 years. I'm looking for a second MMO. I love PvP and would possibly raid as well.

Rift, Guild Wars 2, and SWTOR are all in my sights. Can you guys with any experience with end game in those games give me some opinions? I have tried SWTOR and Rift and kinda like them so far but I am wondering how all 3 of these games are at end game as far as content and PvP experience.

Many thanks to my CAG buddies!  :whee:

SWTOR was designed from the ground up to avoid world PvP and last I heard they shut down Ilum (level 50 world PvP zone) for good, so all they have is battlegrounds.  Huttball is actually unique and fun, but wears thin long before you get all your PvP gear.  They're worse than WoW at class balancing too, so the see-saw effect is in full swing there.  Raiding was pretty horrendous when I played due to bugs.  We were actually stuck on Heroic Soa for about a month because of so many issues with the fight.  Guilds that beat it had to get extremely lucky with a perfect run.  WoW raids shit on that game anyway, so you'd end up hating it.

GW2 is fun. . .until you hit level cap.  Unlike most MMOs, the game doesn't start when you hit 80, it ends.  Sure there's holiday events and a massive world pvp zone, but there's no hamster wheel to get on.  Unless they added something, there's just dungeons to run for cosmetic gear (no raiding) and pvp is meaningless.  You fight for your realm, but unless you're part of a zerg guild, you will feel insignificant.  Not saying WoW is better, but at least there's risk of pvp any time you're out doing w/e in the world whereas GW2 is consentual (read: carebear).

I would say probably Rift or Aion, if you're looking for a similar experience to Wow. GW2 is something totally different. World v World is fun, and PvP is not bad, but there is no World PvP if that is what you're looking for. I personally play GW2 and love it.

If you want a trendy PvP Dragon Nest will be a good game

jomWch-ciJI.jpg

Holy cow! Is that FF VII cloud strife costume? O.O

But if you're looking for something cute classics with a hell of fun try Ragnarok online. 

2mea0x4.jpg

PvP is great minus the bots.lol

I'm probably going to get a lot of hate for this, but DC universe online has decent PVP.  I've heard the endgame raids and whatnot are really interesting, too.   I would like to point out if you played it when it was first introduced, they fixed a lot of the problems with the game, but I suggest playing it with a controller, it was designed for controller support.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rose online have pretty decent PvP also

image_aruarose_1.jpg

But if you prefer a little bit much of street fighter-like side scrolling I would suggest Grand Chase

​
grand-chase-leviathan2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back