Sega genesis mini preorders are live

I want to keep this as original factory conditioned as possible, but if/when this gets hacked, one game I'll replace will be Virtua Fighter 2.  It just sticks out like a sore thumb.

- Sonic 3*
- Sonic & Knuckles*
- Mortal Kombat
- Mortal Kombat II
- Aladdin
- NBA Jam: Tournament Edition
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Hyperstone Heist
- Michael Jackson’s Moonwalker
- WWF Raw

I don’t know what they would have had to do, and I don’t care if they would have had to raise the price another $20-30, but they should have done whatever was necessary to get these on the Mini. It’s a great system, but it feels so wrong without these...

*Plus the lock-on technology
The Turtles license is complicated, it's game changed hands at least twice since that game and the property itself has as well. NBA Jam you have the NBA, Acclaim, WB (who got the Midways licenses) and the NBA Players Association to deal with so that's tough. Michael Jackson, well no one wants to even mess with that (Sonic 3, S&K and Moonwalker are all affected here). MK & MK2 means the ESRB rating gets turned to an "M". Aladdin might not be so bad, given they are already dealing with Disney over the Illusion games, but given the recent movie I'm sure they would want a premium. But, WWF has all sorts of licensing issues given all the wrestlers (and some are a mess), the way McMahon does things, and the fact that they aren't even called that anymore.

I do like your list though, but throwing money at the problem isn't going to solve that. There are bigger issues at play. They had to make some hard decisions on the game selection and do some disappointments, but they did nail quite a few of them. And I'm glad they didn't just load up on a few licenses like SNK did with the Neo Geo by loading it up with KoF editions and fighting games, they seemed to just pick a high point in a franchise.

I loved Tecmo Bowl, but when I'd rent a Genesis from a local rental store, Montana Football was a must. Definitely over Madden.
NFL '94 and '95 were way better than Madden versions of those years. Madden didn't get good until '97-'99 with the FMV intros of John gesturing about the upcoming contest.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back