Sega's Mega Holiday Sale 2010 - PSN, XBLA, and iPhone - Begins 12/21, Ends 1/3

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2010/12/20/mega-holiday-sale-2010-starts-tonight/

The PSN games won't be on sale until Tuesday night when the store update occurs. XBLA seems like it'll be the only platform that won't get much until 12/30. I don't know when the iPhone stuff will drop, so somebody will have to post when that stuff is live.
└─═[ MEGA SALE HOLIDAY 2010 ]═─┐

This Holiday save up to 70% on over 20 SEGA games! Buy for yourself, or buy for a friend! The Sale starts tonight on December 21st and runs until January 3rd, details below, read on!

iPhone

Super Monkey Ball - $2.99 - $0.99
Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 - $2.99
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 - $2.99
Super Monkey Ball 2 - $2.99 - $0.99
Super Monkey Ball 2 Sakura Edition - $4.99 - $2.99
Sonic 4 Episode 1 - $6.99 - $2.99
Phantasy Star 2 - $2.99 - $0.99
ChuChu Rocket! - $2.99 - $0.99
ChuChu Rocket! HD - $4.99 - $2.99
Gunstar Heroes - $2.99 - $0.99
Altered Beast - $2.99 - $0.99

Xbox Live Arcade

Afterburner Climax - $10.00 - $5.00
Shhh, it’s a secret – no really – we can’t tell you – so check back on December 30th to see what we’ll be discounting!

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2010/12/30/xbox-live-arcade-mega-sale-games-revealed/

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG
→ Xbox Live Arcade price was $5.00 now $3.00 save 40% – Buy Now!
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG2
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 3
SONIC & KNUCKLES
→ Xbox Live Arcade price was $3.00 now $1.50 save 50% – Buy Now!
SONIC 4 EPISODE 1
→ Xbox Live Arcade price was $15.00 now $10.00 save 33% – Buy Now!
SONIC ADVENTURE
→ Xbox Live Arcade price was $10.00 now $5.00 save 50% – Buy Now!
AFTER BURNER CLIMAX
→ Xbox Live Arcade price was $10.00 now $5.00 save 50% – Buy Now!

PlayStation Network

Sonic Adventure - $9.99 - $4.99
Sonic Adventure DX - $4.99 - $1.99
Sonic 4 Episode 1 - $14.99 - $9.99
Gunstar Heroes - $4.99 - $2.99
Afterburner Climax - $9.99 - $4.99
PSP - Phantasy Star Portable 2 - $39.99 - $15.99
PSP - Sega Genesis Collection - $15.99 - $9.99
PSP - Valkyria Chronicles 2 - $39.99 - $15.99
PSP - Iron Man 2 - $19.99 - $15.99

Last edited by a moderator:
I normally look for UMDs, but $16 makes Valkyria real tempting. Dissapointed withSonic 4 though, was hoping for closer to 5.

I know, I've been waiting for the UMD price to come down, but that download price is really cheap. Anyone know how much space it takes up on the memory card?

[quote name='GohanX']I know, I've been waiting for the UMD price to come down, but that download price is really cheap. Anyone know how much space it takes up on the memory card?[/QUOTE]

Valkyria Chronicles = 826MB

Just to follow up. Just picked up a 16G mem card for my PSP for $25.88 shipped at PC Richard. Now I have no worries about space for the game either.

please, PLEASE let Phantasy Star 2 be part of the sale on XBLA. I know it's only 400pts normally but I keep holding out thinking it'll be on sale someday.

Wow!

I would hop on Valkyria Chronicles 2, but by the time I get around to it, the UMD copy will be the same price.

Will get a bunch of those PSN games though!

Thanks much OP. I'm certainly in for Phantasy Star Portable 2 and Valkyria Chronicles 2 for my PSP. Maybe the Sega Genesis Collection as well, even though it'll be my 3rd or 4th time owning some of those titles. I already have After Burner Climax for my 360 but if the deal on December 30th is for Sonic 4, I'll be in for that as well.

Anyone know what the difference between Sonic Adventure and DX is? Doesn't seem to make sense why the latter is cheaper unless it's an expansion only thing.

Dx version of sonic is just a few more missions.

Just get sonic for 5 and be happy with it.

Because after couple of early missions, its all downhill.

But its a Segway for next dc games like sonic 2 and shenmue series.

Hey guys I'm thinking of getting VC2 and a sonic game for the PSP. But which sonic should I get? Which is more current? And which is the best? I would do research but I'm on my mytouch its slow as hell going back and forth on the browser!

OMG, I'll say it again: what an awesome time to own a PSP!!! Phantasy Star Portable 2 and Valkyria Chronicles 2 for $15.99 a piece--absolutely incredible!

[quote name='giantqtipz']Hey guys I'm thinking of getting VC2 and a sonic game for the PSP. But which sonic should I get? Which is more current? And which is the best? I would do research but I'm on my mytouch its slow as hell going back and forth on the browser![/QUOTE]

Sonic Rivals 1&2 are the only Sonic games I believe, and 2 would be more current, but they're pretty simililar.

Cosigning that the VC2 price is awesome. I'm seriously considering trading in my UMD at GameStop just to get PSN credit to buy the digital version; if the trade-in value of $11 is still good, that plus the promo bonus makes it pretty much an even trade. I might jump on the Genesis collection for that price too.

THANKS for the heads up! I'm definitely in for:

iPhone 4
Sonic 4 Episode 1

PlayStation Network
Sonic Adventure - $9.99 - $4.99
Sonic Adventure DX - $4.99 - $1.99

In for Valk Chron 2 since I've own PSPo2 since day one. PSPo2 is a steal at that price for anyone considering it.

i hope you guys realize that sega will be releasing their dreamcast collection soon (like the sonic genesis collection before it). i won't be buying these dreamcast games. in for sonic 4 ep 1 though.

[quote name='DoubleJG']In for Valk Chron 2 since I've own PSPo2 since day one. PSPo2 is a steal at that price for anyone considering it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I own the UMD, but I'm actually considering buying the PSN version so the game's never out of my PSP. :lol:

I thought it was crap 5 years ago, and I know it'll be crap now, but for whatever reason I am very compelled to buy Sonic Adventure.

[quote name='PublikDefender']i hope you guys realize that sega will be releasing their dreamcast collection soon (like the sonic genesis collection before it). i won't be buying these dreamcast games. in for sonic 4 ep 1 though.[/QUOTE]

I remember reading about that, hopefully it will happen soon. Trust me, I'll take a big compilation disc over multiple download titles any day, but that's gotta be a bad business model... how does Sega manage to charge roughly $10 for the Sonic trilogy through XBLA yet manage to include it in the Ultimate Gen Collection along with 20 other titles for roughly the same price (or up to $10 more if we're talking new)? Either we as consumers are suckers for not catching on, or Sega is totally tempting fate. While I'm rambling, I really hope that, if it ever gets released, Jet Grind Radio doesn't get caught up in music rights issues like Crazy Taxi did... I don't think it would be the same game without the original soundtrack.

For any serious PSP2 player, the PSN version is a must. It doesn't have the weapon switching lag. Makes the game infinitely more enjoyable.

I thought most of the music from Jet Set was original works for the game, which means it's more likely to not have any issues. Though we probably won't get the extra Rob Zombie track and stuff. Which I personally liked.

[quote name='lunker']Cosigning that the VC2 price is awesome. I'm seriously considering trading in my UMD at GameStop just to get PSN credit to buy the digital version; if the trade-in value of $11 is still good, that plus the promo bonus makes it pretty much an even trade. I might jump on the Genesis collection for that price too.[/QUOTE]

50% bonus promo ended on Sunday.

im still awake studying for a final. i checked the PS store and the deal aint up for VC2. what gives mama?? its almost 2:00pm in new york...

bread's done
Back