Select games $15.99 - $23.99 w/ Pre-Order @ Best Buy for GCU Members

RedFoxCommando

CAGiversary!
Pre-Order any game and get the following games discounted:

Call of Duty: Ghosts - ( :xb1: / :ps4: ) $23.99 / ( :360: / :ps3: ) $15.99

Thief - ( :xb1: / :ps4: ) $23.99 / ( :360: / :ps3: ) $15.99

Son of Rome - :xb1: $23.99

Dead Rising 3 - :xb1: $23.99

Deal works online but not sure if it works in store.  Appears to be for GCU only.

LINK (if link doesn't work try reloading, I had trouble with the link on Best Buy's website as well)

If it works in store with a $5 deposit, the 50% trade up plus GCU you could presumably boomerang certain games back for a slight profit which would basically pay for your pre-order then use the gift card to pay for the game when it comes out.

A few options for those interested in the deal.

Not the best selection but decent prices for those planning on pre-ordering games and interested in getting any of the games listed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nevermind. I may have exposed some glitch. I went through and added a bunch of games and Killzone showed up for $15.99 and went back up to full price after I started removing things. Can't remember what I did to get it to drop to $15.99 :whistle2:k
i think you added watchdogs. adding that drops $20 on a bunch of games.

Just an FYI:

Looks like you only need to add 1 preorder to your cart to get the discount on multiple games. (e.g. Can get both Ryse for $23.99 and COD: Ghosts-XB360 for $15.99 in the same order with only 1 preorder in the cart)
How did you get that to work? Not popping up for me, have Ryse, DR3 and Mario Kart in my cart and only Ryse is being discounted.

Edit: Looks like Ghosts is the only one doing this, for last Gen. Glitch?

Tried the skylanders figure + DR3 in store and it didn't ring up automatically.  Showed them my cart on BB.com on my phone and they adjusted it no problem though.

My local store wouldnt do it. Said that their system will only let preorders be done in the same transaction with other preorders and that it wont work with other items (kinda figured this since I tried preordering a game while purchasing a movie a few months back and it wouldnt let me).

Limiting this to just COD and Thief on PS4 is really weak. Some older titles like Lego Marvel, NBA 2k14, or Knack could have easily been added. 

I have said this in a lot of threads but I have to say it again. Never buy Thief. It is a waste of time. If you got it for free, it is not worth the time you will waste playing it. I am a gamer and don't believe this applies to a lot of games, but Thief literally took 6 hours away from me that I will never get back and I wish someone would have given me this warning that I am now giving to you.

Now that I think about it, the GCU pop up never popped up in the register when I checked out.  So maybe it will work in stores with the Skylanders figure + a game.

Darn. Did my pre-order for Inqusition the other day with gift cards and certificates, pain in the butt to undo it.. would jump on DR3.

Tempting but I have too much to play and do at the moment to get in on this. Not to mention the only game I don't have on that list is Thief and that game will go down by the Fall.

not sure why this works, since the figure is available now and no longer a preorder, but thanks. found something to use my $5 giftcard and got ryse and the skylander for $30.

Hmm.. this could be my way to grab Dead Rising 3, which wasn't part of the MS B2G1 sale last week.. trade in Titanfall for my second time, put that towards a pre-order of The Wolf Among Us on XB1 and snag DR3.. hmm....

Hmm.. this could be my way to grab Dead Rising 3, which wasn't part of the MS B2G1 sale last week.. trade in Titanfall for my second time, put that towards a pre-order of The Wolf Among Us on XB1 and snag DR3.. hmm....
I'd like to get DR3 and Ryse! Hopefully my pending points update soon so I can use my $10 certificate and score one of these for $13 and some change!

So is there a way to just preorder one game but get two discounted? Someone mentioned it but it doesn't look like it. Would grab DR3 & Ryse.

If it won't work in-store, just do Store Pickup...pre-ordered Transformers for 3DS and got Ryse; might pre-order Murdered: Soul Suspect and go after Dead Rising 3...not sure how good the former will be, though...still a few days from release.

I did MK8 and Thief for in-store pickup today. Thief trades in for $28.80 after GCU. Can I pick it up and trade it back in right there? Thanks! New GCU member ;)

Is anyone else having trouble with this?

I tried the links in the OP,  The link on Best Buy's site, and just adding a pre-order and thief (not via the special deal page)  and cannot get this deal to work.

Anyone get this deal successfully in stores yet? I'm going to pre-order UFC and want to get Ryse.

I know I only signed up for GCU unlocked yesterday....but if i Login online it shows I have it but  I can't get this deal to show up??? or rather work...I try preordering one game and adding another to the cart and it's all still full price?

I was helping my friend stream theif the game looked nice in its trailers and I had an hour of fun but after that hour I fell asleep during the stream because I got bored, some other people might like it but you might as well get dishonored or assassins creed 4

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but I was thinking of doing Sunset Overdrive and DR3.  I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but in my cart there is a note next to DR3 that says "sale ends tomorrow."

Are you signed in?

Make sure you are signed in at Bestbuy.com. I just added two eligible games to my cart and the discount was applied so it definitely still works as of today.

Yes Signed in, I tried Pre-order Advanced Warfare [Note: not interested in CoD, but was trying to figure out if deal worked] (PS3) since that one was specified, and Thief (PS3) and Thief rings as 39.99 (49.99 sale minus 20% GCU)

Yes Signed in, I tried Pre-order Advanced Warfare [Note: not interested in CoD, but was trying to figure out if deal worked] (PS3) since that one was specified, and Thief (PS3) and Thief rings as 39.99 (49.99 sale minus 20% GCU)
Yeah, it's Thief on PS3 that's glitching. It's not reducing in price. Try adding COD Ghosts or one of the other eligible games and you'll see that the promo is active for you, Thief is just being excluded for some reason...

Is anyone else having trouble with this?

I tried the links in the OP, The link on Best Buy's site, and just adding a pre-order and thief (not via the special deal page) and cannot get this deal to work.
Ya, I tried a bunch of ways to make this work and was unsuccessful in seeing the deal. Signed in, GCU signed in etc, just failed to show the deal or take effect in the cart if I added the games manually.

I get it to work now, I had Infamous in my cart, so it was overriding the deal. Regardless, this only gives me the discount on one game. Kinda sucks, might just have to go with Gamefly.

bread's done
Back