Select PS Vita Games - $19.96 + tax (B&M and Online w/ Free Site-to-store)

AwRy108

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='icarusmight']Very cool! Thanks OP. Now which of these to get?[/QUOTE]

Wipeout and Hots Shots Golf are both terrific, esp. for the price: tons of content, online play w/ leaderboards, and, most importantly, super fun.

Just ordered a Hot Shots Golf. Had a $60 Giftcard I had to use up anyways. Ship-to-store was a horrible experience for me last time (took like 5 weeks) and the closest store that had it was a 25 minute drive, so I opted in for $2 shipping.

BTW, if any CAG's want to add another Vita owner to their PSN Friends List, feel free to send me an invite (PSN ID: AwRy108).

[quote name='AwRy108']BTW, if any CAG's want to add another Vita owner to their PSN Friends List, feel free to send me an invite.[/QUOTE]

My PSN ID is: Link2999
Anyone feel free to add me.

[quote name='Link2999']Just ordered a Hot Shots Golf. Had a $60 Giftcard I had to use up anyways. Ship-to-store was a horrible experience for me last time (took like 5 weeks) and the closest store that had it was a 25 minute drive, so I opted in for $2 shipping.[/QUOTE]

All of my "Site-to-Store" experiences have been lousy, too; and it's mainly due to there never being any employees available at the pickup area.

I would definitely recommend Hot Shots, it came with my free Vita and I was a bit skeptical since I have not played a golf game since Mario Golf on the 64, but it's a really solid game.

My PSN ID if anyone would like to add me: aerogambit

I wonder what the greatest hits requirement will be for vita & what the prices will be. $30 for a Vita & PS3 GH would seem too high

Awesome deal. In for Hot Shots. Thanks, OP^^

Shipping is $2. Considering gasoline prices and the wonderful in-store experience that is WallyWorld, I recommend spending the $2 and ship it directly to your house.

Nice find OP! Will probably PM this at BestBuy because I have a bunch of credit. Will probably grab both Wipeout and Hotshots. Ive got MK, Uncharted, Unit 13, Super Stardust and I'm gonna grab Resistance as well Tuesday. Will add u guys as well, my psn on the side

Ugh. For someone who tried the demo for HSG and wasn't blown away nor is that big into golf games or golf in general, is HSG really worth getting?

Good. Just picked up Wipeout 2048.

I got MGS collection coming in next month and then I am waiting on Persona 4 and FFX. Can't wait to play those two games. This will be fun.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Ugh. For someone who tried the demo for HSG and wasn't blown away nor is that big into golf games or golf in general, is HSG really worth getting?[/QUOTE]

My immediate reaction would be "yes" because I (like many others) think it's a ton of fun, but if you played the demo and didn't dig it then I doubt your opinion would change any with the full version.

Nice to finally see deals. Too bad that-quite literally-these are the last 4 games I'd want. Always thought the Wipeout franchise is highly overrated,

Was able to get Bestbuy.com to price match Wal-Mart, they just needed to verify it was in stock at my local Wal-Mart (which I did already). Did it for store pickup. Took maybe 10 minutes total, but it's better then going to my local BB and everything. Just a heads up if anyone rather get these games at BB.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Ugh. For someone who tried the demo for HSG and wasn't blown away nor is that big into golf games or golf in general, is HSG really worth getting?[/QUOTE]

I actually despise Golf as a sport, but find the game really fun and arcadey. The demo pretty much showed what the game was. If you didn't enjoy the demo, chances are your opinion won't change if you play the final version.

Another verification that these are in-store prices, as well. Picked up HSG while at my local WM getting some dinner. I can deal with these games @ 20, but @ 40 I really can't see it.

Considering they appear to be this price in store, I may have to be in for one Hot Shots Golf. Sounds like the type of game I'd enjoy playing on the go.

[quote name='Miami_13']Is Vita Wipeout a straight port of PS3 Wipeout?[/QUOTE]

No, it's its own game. Chronologically, I believe it's the first Wipeout in the series.

[quote name='timberwolfbobby']Considering they appear to be this price in store, I may have to be in for one Hot Shots Golf. Sounds like the type of game I'd enjoy playing on the go.[/QUOTE]

Definetly. These arcade-y sports games are one of the best genres for mobile platforms. I'd hop on this if I werent obsessed Mario Tennis Open for 3DS

Submitted wipeout to amazon since i have some credit there. If anyone wants to add me my PSN is jfunky need some more vita friends!

[quote name='Miami_13']Is Vita Wipeout a straight port of PS3 Wipeout?[/QUOTE]

Nope. They also made some terrific changes to the formula to make the game more accessible, including slightly wider tracks, new race types, and optional Elite medals for each match that don't inhibit progression through the career. IMHO, it's my favorite entry in the long-running series, and definitely the one I've played the most. Also, the online mode has it's own career path, and the game has the best intro movie to hit a videogame in years: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsDHzBk8P9Y

As I said about Wipeout somewhere else earlier today:

I regret buying it at $30 new, but I'd say $20 is worth it. Every Wipeout game I've played have never matched up to F-Zero GX, in terms of tracks and controls. But still a fun casual game if you can get it cheap.

I'll get HSG for $20.

WipEout 2048 is suppose to get some DLC sometime in the future, which will be tracks from WipEout HD/Fury. It'll also be free if you own both 2048 and HD/Fury

Might be a dumb question but does anyone know how long this will last? Gonna got to BB to PM but probably cant get to it tonight

Hmm, so tempting. Might grab wipeout and hsg in a bit, but am on the fence for both.

....wow it says my next max payne multiplayer match is in 90 minutes....wahhh?...

Anyway, I think I can get the value out of them, but i tried wipeout HD and a learning curve seem to beat and the learning curve seemed steep

OP thanks for the info. I have been waiting for Vita games to drop in price. I jumped on Wipeout. I thought the demo was good. It seems a lot easier to play than the ps3 version.

[quote name='AwRy108']FYI: Wipeout 2048 is sold out online.[/QUOTE]

Damn, was hoping for an amazon price match. Guess that wont be happening now.

started playing wipeout today.. for $20 it's an absolute steal. Good framerate and good controls. There is a definite learning curve but I'm doing better the more I play... for $20 you cant go wrong..

bread's done
Back