Selected VIZ Media & Warner Anime - $5 ▪ $10 ▪ $13 @ RightStuf.com (ends on 9/24/12)

WTK

CAGiversary!
Selected VIZ Media & Warner Anime - $5 ▪ $10 ▪ $13 - For a limited time! @ RightStuf.com

viz-news.jpg

Beat the dog days of summer with $5, $10 and $13 deals on selected VIZ Media and Warner Brothers anime DVDs and DVD sets, including favorites like Inuyasha, Bleach, Naruto and Supernatural! (Quantities on some items may be limited.)

Just be sure to place your orders before 11:59 p.m. CT on August 30, 2012!

* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the "$5 ▪ $10 ▪ $13 Viz & Warner Deals" graphic on RightStuf.com: It will take you to a list of the items in this promo! (Please note: No other coupons or discounts may be used in conjunction with this sale, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items! This sale event may not be applied to pre-existing orders.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vash1306']This is a permanent change correct? :O Where was this announced?[/QUOTE]
I got the original MSRPs goofed up last night. S1 v.1 & v.2 and S2 v.1 & v.2 goes from $39.98 to $24.98. S3 v.1 & v.2 and S4 v.1 & v.2 goes from $49.98 to $24.98.

You can see the MSRP change already in a couple retailers like Buy.com, DeepDiscount.com, and DVDPlanet.com. It's suppose to take in effect sometime toward mid-September.

[quote name='TidalDreams']When's the last time they had any 25 bargain bin dvds for $100? Gawd, I miss that sale.[/QUOTE]

I still think the best set they had, was the entire set of single Cardcaptor Sakuras for about $70. I remember blowing my budget around then, and I think I was also still hoping to get the boxsets (since singles take up sooooo much room!) Wish I did... Even now, NO ONE (except Australia) wants to license-rescue that show.

[quote name='Olengie']I'm probably going to drop the $70 for 7 Seasons. *sigh[/QUOTE]

It's not something to sigh over. This is the cheapest I've ever seen the InuYasha box sets. I used to be thrilled when I could pick them up for $40 each at WalMart. This series used to be extremely expensive to collect. Being able to get the whole thing for $70 is a steal. That's less than 46 cents per episode.

(Sigh) Kids these days, don't know how good they have it. I used to be paying $100 for a single 26-episode box set. And back then we thought that was a bargain, because it was sooooo much cheaper than picking up individual volumes on subtitled VHS.

[quote name='Richard Kain']It's not something to sigh over. This is the cheapest I've ever seen the InuYasha box sets. I used to be thrilled when I could pick them up for $40 each at WalMart. This series used to be extremely expensive to collect. Being able to get the whole thing for $70 is a steal. That's less than 46 cents per episode.

(Sigh) Kids these days, don't know how good they have it. I used to be paying $100 for a single 26-episode box set. And back then we thought that was a bargain, because it was sooooo much cheaper than picking up individual volumes on subtitled VHS.[/QUOTE]

Oh you mean the $40-60 per VHS with very few episodes on each? :p I remember those days, buying anime at Media Play... every so often Blockbuster would have super-cheap used stuff too.

[quote name='Richard Kain']It's not something to sigh over. This is the cheapest I've ever seen the InuYasha box sets. I used to be thrilled when I could pick them up for $40 each at WalMart. This series used to be extremely expensive to collect. Being able to get the whole thing for $70 is a steal. That's less than 46 cents per episode.

(Sigh) Kids these days, don't know how good they have it. I used to be paying $100 for a single 26-episode box set. And back then we thought that was a bargain, because it was sooooo much cheaper than picking up individual volumes on subtitled VHS.[/QUOTE]

I'm really sighing over anything nor am I trying offend to anyone. Yes, I immediately realized this is a steal, since I already planned to buy the complete series when I have the money. But my wallet is already crying from abuse. Hence the hesitation, especially since figuring in college and various other expenses. However, this is too good to pass up and may be once in a really long time opportunity. Now it's a matter of yes or no. Leaning more on Yes than no.

Sorry I wasn't part of those days, to fully understand how you feel. I was only interested in Gundam back then but I could hardly get them anyway. I wasn't able to fully enjoy getting anime until 2 years ago.

[quote name='Olengie']I'm really sighing over anything nor am I trying offend to anyone.[/QUOTE]

Ah hah, you're not offending anyone. I was just taking this opportunity to shift into full-on crotchety old-man mode, and wave my walking stick at all you whipper-snappers. I know how you feel on bargain fatigue. It happens to me as well when faced with Steam sales followed by Right-Stuf sales. Eventually, I always end up feeling a little guilty when I spend so much on myself.

A week ago, I actually picked up the entirety of Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood on Blu-Ray at Fry's Electronics. I went up to the register willing to accept the $84 worth of damage for the two-box sets, but it turned out that they were having some manner of special I wasn't aware of. As it turns out, it was a buy one, get one half-off sale, and the total for the entire series was around $61.

It really is a very nice time to be a geek. It's getting easier and cheaper to get your hands on all sorts of media.

[quote name='Richard Kain']Ah hah, you're not offending anyone. I was just taking this opportunity to shift into full-on crotchety old-man mode, and wave my walking stick at all you whipper-snappers. I know how you feel on bargain fatigue. It happens to me as well when faced with Steam sales followed by Right-Stuf sales. Eventually, I always end up feeling a little guilty when I spend so much on myself.

A week ago, I actually picked up the entirety of Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood on Blu-Ray at Fry's Electronics. I went up to the register willing to accept the $84 worth of damage for the two-box sets, but it turned out that they were having some manner of special I wasn't aware of. As it turns out, it was a buy one, get one half-off sale, and the total for the entire series was around $61.

It really is a very nice time to be a geek. It's getting easier and cheaper to get your hands on all sorts of media.[/QUOTE]
It's just me mostly complaining about bargain fatigue. It no good at all. I used to be good saving money and stuff but that is slowly slipping away. :/

It really is a nice time to be a geek, when you have the funds to do so. Especially if they aren't OOP stuff (even though you can be lucky and get it cheap)

I always feel guilty on the stuff I buy, thinking, I could've used on something more productive but oh well. I

And that's good for you, getting the Brotherhood goodness for that cheap. Especially at Fry's. I would've loved to get it at that price. :lol:

Oh god. Instead of buying textbooks for my classes, I'ma buy all of Inuyasha and the Bleach sets >___< I'm an idiot, but I'll figure out a way to get my books lol

[quote name='MajinStylee']Oh god. Instead of buying textbooks for my classes, I'ma buy all of Inuyasha and the Bleach sets >___< I'm an idiot, but I'll figure out a way to get my books lol[/QUOTE]

I FEEL YOUR PAIN BROTHER. But once I get my grant next semester, it'll be okay. I hope.....lol

On another note, going to bite the bullet and buy it. Tomorrow. :lol:

[quote name='MajinStylee']Oh god. Instead of buying textbooks for my classes, I'ma buy all of Inuyasha and the Bleach sets >___< I'm an idiot, but I'll figure out a way to get my books lol[/QUOTE]

Haha I was in the same situation until I found out my friend had a Linear Algebra book from last semester that the professor I'm having this semester is still using. Saved me $162 and that went straight to buying Inuyasha and bleach (though I know I should be saving it >_>)

But you are saving about 100+ if you bought Inuyasha and Bleach later on, since they cost about 20+ each. Especially the Inuyasha sets. They still cost mid 20s to 30s.

Not to derail the thread. But for all you college students, rent your textbook! Chegg is a nice site and Amazon just started their own service. Saves you a ton of money :D

Received a backorder e-mail for all seven of the Inuyasha box sets last night. Think I placed my order on the 20th. Hopefully they'll get more in.

Rightstuf will hold orders for an awfully long time until they can fulfill your order.

I've had orders held for over a month, but once they got it back in stock they were able to fulfill it.

Ah. Thanks Square! I haven't ordered directly from Rightstuf as of now, only through Amazon. :lol:

Call me a late person to the party but I just ordered :p

Last edited by a moderator:
When I did order, pretty much everything said "more on the way". I can't imagine they would keep the sale open for another ten days, if they didn't expect to get more in.

You also have to understand that the Inuyasha sets are selling like hotcakes at this price. So it is to be expect with everyone jump at this price. Mine order is at the processing stage! :D

My 7 sets of inuyasha and persona 4 anime collection 1 both shipped yesterday with delivery by tomorrow. So hopefully they will get everyone's
fulfilled soon

Sorry to go OT, but as far as buying textbooks go I used Abebooks.com quite a bit when I was going to college (5 years ago or so). Only had one issue with a seller taking forever to get me my book, but I did end up with two in the process.

They sell "international" copies too on that site, which are essentially ~$35 B&W softcover equivalents to the ~$200+ color and hardback books you typically only have access to here in the States. I've bought several international versions, the content is the same, just a lot cheaper.

Hope that helps!

Can't wait for them to ship. Even if it takes a long time, I'll probably forget and when it comes, I'll be like. "Oh no way. I got a present!" haha

Mine shipped earlier today as well.

After my Last Story order from DD shipped, all that's left for me is the Death Note order I placed with DVDplanet.

I'm 2 for 3 :)

Ordered all 7 Inuyashas, the 2 Death Note Relights, and a Case Closed DVD. None have shipped because Inuyasha season 2 is still arriving soon, all of the others are ready to go though. Still nothing on my DVD planet Death Notes.

Mine came today! They even gave me a small catalog and a right stuff post it pack.

Thanks op! I finally completed my inuyasha collection!

Lol. They sent me an email they're working on it. Hopefully it goes well! And sorry to hear that about your sets guys! Hopefully, it doesn't happen to everyone! :[

[quote name='Zaku77']I just finally got my Inuyasha sets. 6/7 of them were smooshed! Woohoo!!! fuckin' annoying...[/QUOTE]

One of mine was. The packaging was great, so I'm wondering if they were smooshed pre-shipping.

I got my shipment in. The Inuyasha was just slightly warped along the spine, and was missing its chapter insert. The third season of Bleach was also missing its chapter insert. Aside from that everything was kosher.

Got my order the other day. Everything (all Inuyasha sets + Bleach sets) arrived in outstanding condition and was extremely well packaged. Came in a giant box with extra paper padding and looked like it was specially prepared to prevent damage. I'm very pleased :)

[quote name='antlp89']Got my order the other day. Everything (all Inuyasha sets + Bleach sets) arrived in outstanding condition and was extremely well packaged. Came in a giant box with extra paper padding and looked like it was specially prepared to prevent damage. I'm very pleased :)[/QUOTE]

Exactly how mine were packed and shipped. Everything arrived in perfect condition. Shame it seems not everyone is having the same bit of luck. :(

Lucky, mine still hasn't shipped all because of the 2nd box set. Hopefully mines in good condition. I should have ordered day one, but decided to not blow 83 bucks. Then of course a few days later I do spend the cash and now I have to wait even longer

[quote name='solidsnake222']Lucky, mine still hasn't shipped all because of the 2nd box set. Hopefully mines in good condition. I should have ordered day one, but decided to not blow 83 bucks. Then of course a few days later I do spend the cash and now I have to wait even longer[/QUOTE]

We'll forget it and when it does come, the package will be a pleasant surprise. ;)

All 7 Inuyasha box sets came today. All of them in perfect condition :D I don't like how 3 of them didn't come with inserts, but oh well.

Not only that, but I scrounged up enough money to rent the textbooks I needed for school. Win-win!

All of mine were back ordered, and then all of them but set 2 became available. I I've been waiting on that one set for like a week, then and now season 5 which was reserved for my order is back ordered! I ridiculous

bread's done
Back