Selected VIZ Media & Warner Anime - $5 ▪ $10 ▪ $13 @ RightStuf.com (ends on 9/24/12)

WTK

CAGiversary!
Selected VIZ Media & Warner Anime - $5 ▪ $10 ▪ $13 - For a limited time! @ RightStuf.com

viz-news.jpg

Beat the dog days of summer with $5, $10 and $13 deals on selected VIZ Media and Warner Brothers anime DVDs and DVD sets, including favorites like Inuyasha, Bleach, Naruto and Supernatural! (Quantities on some items may be limited.)

Just be sure to place your orders before 11:59 p.m. CT on August 30, 2012!

* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the "$5 ▪ $10 ▪ $13 Viz & Warner Deals" graphic on RightStuf.com: It will take you to a list of the items in this promo! (Please note: No other coupons or discounts may be used in conjunction with this sale, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items! This sale event may not be applied to pre-existing orders.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chetofvern']I ordered a week ago and all of my inuyasha seasons are back ordered :( Does anyone one if they ever will ship ?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they will ship. But seeing the popularity of the price, it would take a long time to fulfill the orders. Like, imagine a line taking orders. Its going to be a very big line. Lol. Ranging from 2 weeks to a month or so.

I thought they were extending it because they got more in stock finally, but looks like the new orders will just get lumped into all the other backorders, so if you order now it could be even longer before it's fulfilled, but at least Rightstuf is good about fulfilling stuff on backorder, so you will just need to have patience if you order now. Glad I got in on it early though and already received my order. :3

First it was just three of them left on order, then Inuyasha 5 went back from reserved to on order. Now everything is reserved except bleach set 1. :( Can't complain though especially at those prices.

So tempted to get the first 3 Bleach box sets. But my poor wallet is still crying over buying the entire Inuyasha sets, all of UC Gundam series, Gundam Wing, G Gundam, and the other Bandai titles. >.

[quote name='Vash1306']So tempted to get the first 3 Bleach box sets. But my poor wallet is still crying over buying the entire Inuyasha sets, all of UC Gundam series, Gundam Wing, G Gundam, and the other Bandai titles. >.

Thanks Squarehard...ordered them either way but know the wife would love it in English :)

Hopefully I don't start collecting as much anime as you, I know she'd kill me :(

[quote name='perdition(troy']Thanks Squarehard...ordered them either way but know the wife would love it in English :)

Hopefully I don't start collecting as much anime as you, I know she'd kill me :([/QUOTE]

I'm sure it'd be a massacre.

They sent me an email that something was wrong with my payment but I assumed it was because I didn't have enough in the checking account. :lol: I just put more in and now I have to call them eventually. At least they have the stuff on hold. Either that, or my bank is mean.

I got my 4 Inuyasha sets need to complete my collection yesterday. One was perfect, another had some dents on the corner but I think I can live with. Two of them though had the inner cardboard holder the one that hold the actual discs was split on the spine. You could almost easily pull it apart into to halves. It's kind of funny since the outer cardboard box on both sets are flawless.

Kind of disappointed to see this come from Rightstuf in this kind of condition. I've always had good service from them, and had a flawless record with them for like the past 3 or 4 years. I get the feeling they got them from Viz like this since if it happened durning shipping the outer boxes would be messed as well not to mention the shipping box. I most likely call CS tomorrow and see about getting replacement.

Just got Inuyasha season 1-5 today and every single one of them is in Perfect condition. No scratches or dents anywhere. Hopefully my Bleach and last two sets of Inuyasha get shipped sometimes this week and arrive in the same condition. :)

Just got all of my stuff today as well. Death Note Relight 1 and 2 and my Case Closed DVDs were perfect. The 7 Inuyasha were in great, brand new shape too, but seasons 1 and 2 were missing the inserts. 3-7 had them though.

Although quite late, mainly in due part of my reluctance to call Customer Service to update them on my payment (accidentally didn't have enough), my order was shipped. Since Rightstuf stuff usually comes quick for me, it should be here by Monday or Tuesday.

My Inuyasha Sets came in today. Can't believe I was that excited for it. :lol: All the Sets came in perfect and weren't smooshed.

I ordered and all 7 seasons of Inuyasha and received them a couple of days ago in great shape.
One question though:
Seasons 1 & 2 have slots for a paper insert, but there is nothing there. Season 3-7 also have this slot but they all had a paper insert telling you the episode info. If you got season 1 or 2 of Inuysahs did it have an insert?

Nope. Mine didn't. I always wondered why.

My only complaint is that its a bitch taking the discs out. I'm afraid of breaking them. :lol:

Mine didn't either, and Hell yes I feel like I'm going to break the plastic holder trying to rip those discs out. Good thing is at least there aren't any floaters when you get them.

[quote name='skate4music']I ordered and all 7 seasons of Inuyasha and received them a couple of days ago in great shape.
One question though:
Seasons 1 & 2 have slots for a paper insert, but there is nothing there. Season 3-7 also have this slot but they all had a paper insert telling you the episode info. If you got season 1 or 2 of Inuysahs did it have an insert?[/QUOTE]

My copies of season 1 and 2 have a paper insert, but I bought them 5+ years ago, so...

[quote name='Olengie']Nope. Mine didn't. I always wondered why.

My only complaint is that its a bitch taking the discs out. I'm afraid of breaking them. :lol:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='whippleman']Mine didn't either, and Hell yes I feel like I'm going to break the plastic holder trying to rip those discs out. Good thing is at least there aren't any floaters when you get them.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the replies. Glad to know it was not just my copies.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']My copies of season 1 and 2 have a paper insert, but I bought them 5+ years ago, so...[/QUOTE]

Well that explains why it still has the slot for them. I guess they are trying to save a little money by not printing them anymore.

How could they not be losing money selling them that cheap though? Rightstuf had to have sold a ton of them because of how fast they went out of stock and how many shipments came in before they got back in stock.

They rather sell it cheap than be at a loss of not making a profit at all. Rightstuf should've made a lot since there is a lot of Inuyasha fans out there. Its like Best Buys DOTD. Selling Need For Speed: The Run and Brink for 5. They want to get rid of the unsold and make some money at least. That's how I look at it.

I find it hard to believe people on the internet can be so oblivious to looking for deals. I did a Inuyasha dvd set search on eBay a couple of days ago and there were listing for the whole series, opened mind you, going for like 240 bucks....

:lol: So stupid. >.> Especially since the bidders stupidly keep piling on the money. Why they no check up on Righstuf? Haha.

I see some people are bidding the Death Note Set as well. Aren't they about $20 for both on Deepdiscount right now? Lol.

Gonna go ahead and get me some Bleach since I missed out.

[quote name='Olengie']They rather sell it cheap than be at a loss of not making a profit at all. Rightstuf should've made a lot since there is a lot of Inuyasha fans out there. Its like Best Buys DOTD. Selling Need For Speed: The Run and Brink for 5. They want to get rid of the unsold and make some money at least. That's how I look at it.[/QUOTE]

this and the fact they probably have tons of inuyasha dvds floating around given its popularity is somewhere in the top 5 most popular animes in existence. i'd say it ranks number 2 right behind dbz. yea you are right this is probably getting the stragglers that didnt want to spend 50 bucks on a season when it came out originally.

not like inuyasha is going OOP anytime soon or maybe it is???

plus i'd imagine hype it up as part one of the final act is releasing in november.....so dumb its releasing in 2 parts argh

for me rewatching it this time from start to finish i am amazed at the first two seasons being so good....before the never ending round of filler that occurs later....was also impressed the last season is quite good too. it also upscales very good on my insignia blu ray player. cant wait to see final act on blu ray....yes i am a shameless inuyasha fan damn you adult swim damn you.

Actually, Viz Media is rereleasing the Series due to Final Act. So you can assume they're just trying to get rid of all the stock and hide the fact they sold it for 10 right now under the rug. But even then, Righstuf is still selling it for 10, even though the sale ended.

I enjoyed rewatching the first season, and I stopped at Season 2 due to laziness. I'm very surprised that it took that them many episodes to get Sango to join. :lol: I myself am a hardcore Inuyasha fan as well.

[quote name='mattrobertsjr']question about the bleach dvd boxset.

whats the difference with
Bleach DVD Box Set 1: The Substitute (Hyb)

and the regular boxset ?[/QUOTE]

What do you mean the regular boxset? I'm thinking one maybe the special edition and the other isn't that would be the only difference I can think of.

[quote name='Olengie']Actually, Viz Media is rereleasing the Series due to Final Act. So you can assume they're just trying to get rid of all the stock and hide the fact they sold it for 10 right now under the rug. But even then, Righstuf is still selling it for 10, even though the sale ended.

I enjoyed rewatching the first season, and I stopped at Season 2 due to laziness. I'm very surprised that it took that them many episodes to get Sango to join. :lol: I myself am a hardcore Inuyasha fan as well.[/QUOTE]

i was actually more surprised they didnt join later for whatever reason i thought there were a few more kagome and inuyasha only episodes well scratch that i remember shippo joined early(season 1) but i forgot the rest did too....honestly i sort of would of preferred some more episodes with sango and miroku or even shippo simply because they just all sort of start tagging along and given inuyashas nature i dont really see why he would put up with it.

i just finished season 2 another thing im shocked about for 2 whole seasons inuyasha can barely wield his sword and also doesnt shout the name of the move....one of my annoyances with later seasons that and the unholy level of filler....and i am a guy that usually doesnt rag on filler as terrible.

for me i became an inuyasha fan watching it on adult swim as my nightly sleep medicine for whatever reason i enjoyed it but it put me sleep lol. that or married with children.

[quote name='mattrobertsjr']question about the bleach dvd boxset.

whats the difference with
Bleach DVD Box Set 1: The Substitute (Hyb)

and the regular boxset ?[/QUOTE]

Isn't there only one boxset? Or you mean the Hyb designation? If so, it means dual-language.

[quote name='kayne2000']i was actually more surprised they didnt join later for whatever reason i thought there were a few more kagome and inuyasha only episodes well scratch that i remember shippo joined early(season 1) but i forgot the rest did too....honestly i sort of would of preferred some more episodes with sango and miroku or even shippo simply because they just all sort of start tagging along and given inuyashas nature i dont really see why he would put up with it.

i just finished season 2 another thing im shocked about for 2 whole seasons inuyasha can barely wield his sword and also doesnt shout the name of the move....one of my annoyances with later seasons that and the unholy level of filler....and i am a guy that usually doesnt rag on filler as terrible.

for me i became an inuyasha fan watching it on adult swim as my nightly sleep medicine for whatever reason i enjoyed it but it put me sleep lol. that or married with children.[/QUOTE]

Shippo joined pretty early. Yeah, that's how I feel about it too. I know right? It's pretty funny and you're surprised about the length as well. Haha. Actually, I like the fillers of Inuyasha, way more than the other series.

That's how I became a fan as well. Just loved watching it, even the reruns.

well i dont hate the inuyasha fillers so much as i hate they end up all being the same....oooo mysterious demon....ooo wind scar....add the occasional backlash wave into the mix + insert sit joke(that and the relationships of the 4 adults get stuck in limbo for ages) + stroking sangos butt joke repeat over 9000 times(gotta keep the jokes consistent you know)

so not that the filler is bad it just ends up being the same episode over and over....though the shippo filler episodes are pretty funny

that does remind i hate that one movie where he breaks off those sit beads and kagome spends the entire movie trying to make sure they dont get lost....thats where i needed this http://nooooooooooooooo.com/...i dont hate that movie i just hate that part of it

[quote name='Olengie']Isn't there only one boxset? Or you mean the Hyb designation? If so, it means dual-language.
[/QUOTE]

I always wondered what that meant. Is that to distinguish between offerings that are english only versus Japanese/English?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jedimario']I always wondered what that meant. Is that to distinguish between offerings that are english only versus Japanese/English?[/QUOTE]

Correct. Dub-only is denoted by a (D), and Japanese-only is denoted by a (S).

Has anyone had any experience with them when it comes to them ordering on backorder ("we'll try to get it for you" status)? Waited too long on one of the Bleach sets and I'm curious if there's a chance they'll be able to provide it now or if I shouldn't get my hopes up.

[quote name='ShinAkuma']Has anyone had any experience with them when it comes to them ordering on backorder ("we'll try to get it for you" status)? Waited too long on one of the Bleach sets and I'm curious if there's a chance they'll be able to provide it now or if I shouldn't get my hopes up.[/QUOTE]

They'll get it for you. It might take a bit longer as they wait for more stock, but you'll get it. The longest I've ever had anything sit on backorder with them was like a week. Unless it has a limited run, has been discontinued or going to be discontinued shortly, and even then they seem able to pull copies out of nowhere. If they had a listing up to put into your cart and buy it on the website, I have no doubts that they'll get it for you.

You said it was for one of the Bleach sets which doesn't fall into any of those categories I mentioned, if you waited this long to pick it up whats another week or so. :)

[quote name='ShinAkuma']Has anyone had any experience with them when it comes to them ordering on backorder ("we'll try to get it for you" status)? Waited too long on one of the Bleach sets and I'm curious if there's a chance they'll be able to provide it now or if I shouldn't get my hopes up.[/QUOTE]

I've had Rightstuf hold my orders for over a month before, so you may be in for a wait depending on the product, but they're pretty good with fulfilling items and not canceling, so you should be good, but just need some patience.

[quote name='solidus_00']They'll get it for you. It might take a bit longer as they wait for more stock, but you'll get it. The longest I've ever had anything sit on backorder with them was like a week. Unless it has a limited run, has been discontinued or going to be discontinued shortly, and even then they seem able to pull copies out of nowhere. If they had a listing up to put into your cart and buy it on the website, I have no doubts that they'll get it for you.

You said it was for one of the Bleach sets which doesn't fall into any of those categories I mentioned, if you waited this long to pick it up whats another week or so. :)[/QUOTE]

Good to know. And yeah, it was for the season 4 part 2 Bount set- the only reason i'm bothering with the filler stuff at all was someone had gotten me part 1 and I figured I may as well get the other half at some point,

the bount saga is probably the best of the bleach fillers anyway. the rest of the series now that is some goofy and even dumb filler(and i rarely hate filler)

bread's done
Back