Sept On XBLM (9/28 Guitar Hero II Song Pack #6, Blue Dragon DLC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='CouRageouS']Yea I haven't really played a Tony Hawk since like THUG and after playing Skate, TH just feels ridiculously fast. Skate isn't perfect but the whole new "Nail the Trick" thing feels like shit compated to Skate's whole game using a similar concept without the need of bullet time.[/quote]

Nail the trick is nothing new. It was in the last Tony Hawk game.

Is the Quake Wars demo up yet?

THPG is the same game i've played year after year after year.. just with a new coat of paint. I enjoyed Skate much more.

Plus, they took out the "bail" thing that I loved in THP8, so I can't jump in the air, hit both triggers and both bumpers and watch the guy go flying. Lame! Forget Tony Hawk this year, i'm going with Skate.

Question. I've only had my 360 since Sunday so bare with me. Is there a specific date or any indication when the XBLM is updated? And how frequent is it updated? Seems like a whole bunch of stuff was added this week alone.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Question. I've only had my 360 since Sunday so bare with me. Is there a specific date or any indication when the XBLM is updated? And how frequent is it updated? Seems like a whole bunch of stuff was added this week alone.[/quote]

Stuff is added almost every weekday. XBLA games come on Wednesday.

Oooh don't tell me Spiderman FoF was meh! :( I really am interested in it.. I'll have to DL it later and hopefully not go meh! :(

[quote name='pimpinc333']I thought Spider Man was better then I thought it was going to be. I enjoyed it.[/QUOTE]

Same here! It was pretty good! Not OMG GREAT!..but, it was enjoyable. I'm sure it gets even better later in the game. It just has that feeling to it.

[quote name='pimpinc333']I thought Spider Man was better then I thought it was going to be. I enjoyed it.[/QUOTE]

That's how I felt. I'll pick it up when it hits $30 or so.

It feels like the opening scene to 2 Fast 2 Furious. It does have a Hot Import Nights feel too it to, I've been to one a couple years back.

[quote name='CouRageouS']It feels like the opening scene to 2 Fast 2 Furious. It does have a Hot Import Nights feel too it to, I've been to one a couple years back.[/quote]

Sounds interesting. I'll probably give it a shot, even tho' the first one wasn't very good.

[quote name='doodle777_98']anyone like the katamari theme? http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/marketplace/b/beautifulkatamari/themes.htm[/QUOTE]

It's OK - but thanks for the heads up. Now the gamerpics are up on the site too (they weren't shown when they were first available). I was going to buy a pack, but I'm not too impressed with the little figures of the cousins surrounded by flowers. They should have gone with closeups and more items/elements from the game itself (instead of just that "Earthling" pack).

I played some J2 last night and I think it was fun. I felt it was more on the arcade side ( which I prefer). There are two modes. Racing and Drifting. In racing you race(duh) and in drifting it's all about the Drift. You can do a solo drift or a drift race. The thing about the drift race is that it doesn't matter what place you get only how many drift points you get.

You can customize your car's with visual and performance mods. As well as change the look of the driver. There's also a Driver DNA section that I think is some kind of progress meter. You can also bet on the races which makes it a bit more interesting.

The only problem I had was in a live match when someone wouldn't ready up. The countdown went off but we just sat there for 10 minutes. The problem is you can't leave the lobby. I had to turn my xbox off to get out. Depending on the price I may pick this up.

I'm really looking forward to Sega Rally so that might also influence the decision.

ok i m getting a 360 soon, i just created a silver acc and have 1 month gold on the way. is there a way i can purchase the free game through online? and then sign in and use acc recovery to get the game on my 360 similar to the half off thing

[quote name='LilPaintballer']ok i m getting a 360 soon, i just created a silver acc and have 1 month gold on the way. is there a way i can purchase the free game through online? and then sign in and use acc recovery to get the game on my 360 similar to the half off thing[/quote]

Not sure what you mean by "free game"...what game?

[quote name='LilPaintballer']aegis wing ^

one more question do i get achievements for demos?[/quote]

Oh...Aegis Wing is completely free, you can download it on as many accounts as you want. No need for any loops.

SEGA Rally - Demo
Price: Free
Availability: Not available in Japan
Dash Text: [ESRB: E (Everyone)] Experience the unique mix of fun, bumper-to-bumper racing and next gen technology in this single player demo. Download the demo.
Size: 691.82 MB

[quote name='LinkinPrime']SEGA Rally - Demo
Price: Free
Availability: Not available in Japan
Dash Text: [ESRB: E (Everyone)] Experience the unique mix of fun, bumper-to-bumper racing and next gen technology in this single player demo. Download the demo.
Size: 691.82 MB[/QUOTE]

Cool , I've been waiting for it . I might post my impressions here later .

Sweet. I was looking for Sega Rally last night, but I must've been too early still. Definitely going to DL this. Looks great from the previews, but the demo should get me off the fence either way.

Wow, been looking around..and nothing announced for tomorrow. They were doing well for awhile letting us know a few days in advance what was going to appear on XBLA for that Wednesday. Not a big deal really, but still.

NBA 2K8 Demo is available.

There's something missing, though, and not sure if it's just because it's only a demo, but the d-pad play calling is absent. I liked that feature, so hopefully it's in the full game. Also, Isomotion has been simplified. So far, it's not a wild improvement over 2K7 from what I can see, although the player models are less goofy-lookin'. With all the games comin' out, I can't see getting this day one w/o a price drop, though unless you are a die hard NBA fan.

New Family Guy themes and pics are out. Village Idiot and Season 5 themes are 150 pts each. Stewie, Quahogians, and Meg pics are 80 pts each. It doesn't say how many are included.

[quote name='gunm']NBA 2K8 Demo is available.

There's something missing, though, and not sure if it's just because it's only a demo, but the d-pad play calling is absent. I liked that feature, so hopefully it's in the full game. Also, Isomotion has been simplified. So far, it's not a wild improvement over 2K7 from what I can see, although the player models are less goofy-lookin'. With all the games comin' out, I can't see getting this day one w/o a price drop, though unless you are a die hard NBA fan.[/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed the demo. The players have a lot more realistic movements and control. I do miss the D-pad play calling, I used that every time up the court in 2k7, I mean it has to be in the retail version, there has to be some sort of play calling system.

They also toned down the juking system a lot more from last year, which again adds to the realism. Plus the overall feel to the game is genuine. i have to say I was sold about half way through the first when I got a break away with Lebron, with Ginobili tailing, hit up on the right stick and lebron went up with his signature one handed type dunk, then getting fouled by ginobili to cap it off on the way up. It all just flowed together so beautifully. Even the sounds from the audience just added to the experience.

I'll say it again, this game "flows" together better than any previous basketball game.

[quote name='deadite76']New Family Guy themes and pics are out. Village Idiot and Season 5 themes are 150 pts each. Stewie, Quahogians, and Meg pics are 80 pts each. It doesn't say how many are included.[/quote]

Wow, thought that they would have been free since the first ones were. Oh well..

A buttload of other content went up...
Beautiful Katamari - Hoshino Family Picture Pack 1 (80pts, 5 pics)
Beautiful Katamari - Prince in Action Picture Pack (80pts, 5 pics)
Beautiful Katamari - Theme Pack 2 (150pts, 3.53 MB)
Corbis - Xtreme Snow Sports Picture Pack (80pts, ? pics)
disruptivepublishers.com - Anime: Catgirls Picture Pack (80pts, ? pics)
disruptivepublishers.com - Anime: Catgirls Theme (150pts, 2.82 MB)
disruptivepublishers.com - Pets: Cats Picture Pack (80pts, ? pics)
disruptivepublishers.com - Pets: Cats Theme (150pts, 4.70 MB)
disruptivepublishers.com - Scenery: Golden Gate Bridge Picture Pack (80pts, ? pics)
disruptivepublishers.com - Scenery: Fishing Boats Theme (150pts, 5.73 MB)
disruptivepublishers.com - Scenery: Seaside Sunsets Theme (150pts, 4.23 MB)
Eternal Sonata - Piano Music Key (80pts, CONTENT)
Family Guy - Season 5 Theme (150pts, 524.00 KB)
Family Guy - Meg Griffin Picture Pack (80pts, ? pics)
Family Guy - Quahogians Picture Pack (80pts, ? pics)
Family Guy - Stewie Griffin Picture Pack (80pts, ? pics)
Family Guy - Village Idiot Theme (150pts, 796.00 KB)
Fatal Fury Special - Picture Pack 2 (60pts, 4 pics)
FIFA 08 - Demo (702.86 MB)
Geon: Emotions - Full Game (800pts, 48.53 MB)
Geon: Emotions - Trial Game (FREE, 48.53 MB)
Geon: Emotions - Abstract Intentions (120pts, 8 pics)
Geon: Emotions - Dark Thoughts Theme (150pts, 2.65 MB)
Geon: Emotions - Emotive Expressions (120pts, 8 pics)
Geon: Emotions - Iconic Emotions (120pts, 8 pics)
Geon: Emotions - Pure Feeling Theme (150pts, 2.57 MB)
Geon: Emotions - Sublime Creations (120pts, 8 pics)
Halo 3 - Ad, "Making of John 117 Monument" Video (SD, 47.18 MB)
Halo 3 - Ad, "Believe" Diorama Video (HD, 75.95 MB)
Juiced 2: HIN - Theme (150pts, 3.37 MB)
Juiced 2: HIN - Gamer Pics 1 (80pts, 5 pics)
Juiced 2: HIN - Gamer Pics 2 (80pts, 5 pics)
NHL 2K8 - Featuring ProStick and Face-offs Trailer (93.78 MB)
NHL 2K8 - Featuring Superstar Moves and All-New Goaltending (71.01 MB)
NHL 2K8 - 2K Reelmaker for NHL 2K8 (400pts, CONTENT)
Soltrio Solitaire - Game Pack 8 (150pts, CONTENT)
Team DZN - E-Kitties Theme (150pts, 1.92 MB)
Team DZN - Hockey Picture Pack (150pts, 18 pics)
Team DZN - Soccer Picture Pack (160pts, ? pics)
TimeShift - Theme (150pts, 5.06 MB)
Info thanks to: http://www.achieve360points.com/index/692/

[quote name='mr ryles']I really enjoyed the demo. The players have a lot more realistic movements and control. I do miss the D-pad play calling, I used that every time up the court in 2k7, I mean it has to be in the retail version, there has to be some sort of play calling system.

They also toned down the juking system a lot more from last year, which again adds to the realism. Plus the overall feel to the game is genuine. i have to say I was sold about half way through the first when I got a break away with Lebron, with Ginobili tailing, hit up on the right stick and lebron went up with his signature one handed type dunk, then getting fouled by ginobili to cap it off on the way up. It all just flowed together so beautifully. Even the sounds from the audience just added to the experience.

I'll say it again, this game "flows" together better than any previous basketball game.[/quote]

I agree, they adjusted the animation chains so that the moves only occur if the player's footing is correct. I think the game has tried to up the "sim" feel to the gameplay to some positive effect. I'm probably going to get this game, but there's just too much other stuff I rather get plus I try not to get sports games at full price because of the year-after-year factor.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Looks like I'll be renting a movie from the marketplace for the first time. They have Superman: Doomsday available on HD[/QUOTE]
I watched it. It looked great and was quite enjoyable. Its missing a lot from the source story, and it took awhile to get used to Supe's wrinkles, but a great watch.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Looks like I'll be renting a movie from the marketplace for the first time. They have Superman: Doomsday available on HD[/quote]

Same here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back