settle it: how to pronounce Mario poll

For years there has been controversary over the pronounciation of Mario Mario's name. but what do you think? do you think everybody deserves to say it how they want? to you get super-pissed when you think somebody says it wrong?

the options are:

Mahr-io

and

moh-rio

[quote name='mega_n00bzer']For years there has been controversary over the pronounciation of Mario Mario's name.[/quote]

There has?
I thought it was just "MARIO".

I don't see more than one way of saying it.

[quote name='CosmosTheMouse']There has?
I thought it was just "MARIO".

I don't see more than one way of saying it.[/quote]

Yeah, really. Plus the whole "It's-a me MARIO" thing in recent games kind of leads me to believe it's pronounced "Mario".

This "debate" can be easily settled.

1. Buy, rent, borrow, or steal SMG.
2. Insert SMG into your Wii.
3. Navigate to SMG on the Wii menu.
4. Listen to Mario as he says his own name.

[quote name='daroga']This is true. If you pronounce it differently than this awesome mob, you are wrong.

Luckily, I am right.[/QUOTE]
this to is how I pronounce it. That very video was in Zen Davis's old sig, but he made a new ( and better ) one recently.

This is stupid. Play any Mario game with voice acting and you'll hear Mario clearly refer to himself as "Mah-rio."

My dad called him "Mary-oh" for years for some reason, though.

[quote name='Pylis']This is stupid. Play any Mario game with voice acting and you'll hear Mario clearly refer to himself as "Mah-rio."

My dad called him "Mary-oh" for years for some reason, though.[/QUOTE]

actually, the solid snake scenes from SSBB had snake refering to him as moh-rio

[quote name='Pylis']

My dad called him "Mary-oh" for years for some reason, though.[/QUOTE]

Cheapy and Wombat call him "Mary-oh" too.

Marry-o is how most people from NY say it, and honestly it's as close as you can get to Charles without using the Italian R sound.

The best in-game indicator I guess would be the F.L.U.D.D. thing which clearly states "mah-rio".

The people who are wrong are the midwestern and southerners who say morio, maury-o or moh-rio.

[quote name='niceguyshawne']Cheapy and Wombat call him "Mary-oh" too.[/quote]

As do I.

Mario Andretti. Say it again.

What is this shit? If anything, the debate is Mahr-io and Merry-o. Mohrio? The fuck is that?

Yet another thread to add to this shitfest that is the OP's post history.

[quote name='willardhaven']Marry-o is how most people from NY say it, and honestly it's as close as you can get to Charles without using the Italian R sound.

The best in-game indicator I guess would be the F.L.U.D.D. thing which clearly states "mah-rio".

The people who are wrong are the midwestern and southerners who say morio, maury-o or moh-rio.[/QUOTE]

I am from the midwest and I have never heard it pronounced that way.

[quote name='willardhaven']The best in-game indicator I guess would be the F.L.U.D.D. thing which clearly states "mah-rio".[/quote]

Mario says his own name, "Mah-rio," in SMG.

[quote name='lanzarlaluna']What the fuck is moh-rio? Morio? Who the fuck says that?[/quote]

[quote name='Rocko']What is this shit? If anything, the debate is Mahr-io and Merry-o. Mohrio? The fuck is that?[/quote]
LOL! My thoughts exactly :lol:

Mohrio? Who the fuck has ever said that?

I've spent almost twenty years with Super Mario, and this is the first I've heard of any "Mohrio." I guess that ends this ancient "controversy."

[quote name='MorPhiend']How on earth do you get "mo" out of "ma"? Are you retarded? Seriously.[/QUOTE]
true. And did it ever matter if someone says it Mah-rio, Marry-o, or even moh-rio.

Morio? A=O? Never knew that!

"It's a me, Mo-real"- no, it don't sound right.

[quote name='UncleBob']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz2z-ZbcxT0

This many people can't be wrong.[/QUOTE]

Game, Set, & Match... And PM that sucker to Cheapy and Wombat too ;).

I don't even get the OP's poll because he's missing the one (wrong) option I hear most frequently - Mary-oh. I don't even get the difference between Mah-rio and Moh-rio. Or, I should say, I've certainly never heard ANYONE say it the second way: Mah-rio (normal) and Mary-oh (dead wrong) but nothing else...

Yeah, the "mary-oh" thing drives me nuts given the character pronounces it Mario (like Mars) himself in every game that he's spoken his name.

bread's done
Back