SFIV SE Stick available (Buy.com), In Stock

Import

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Saw a thread for TE sticks which have since been taken down from their site.

PS3

$77.99 / $67.99 Shipped. Estimated ship May '09. I ordered one as a just in case as I am tired of waiting, and plan to mod with sanwa parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, they went OOS and probably hit the pre-order allotment. I want this stick anyway as it has a better lap feel and can be easily modded. Cheaper option then TE

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Sigh... this is the 4th thread in a row. Hope the 5th thread will come soon.[/QUOTE]

Can't find any in search, only TE stick. Forward me a link so I could close.

@BackInBlack
Also, I didn't know they were available for a while. Add To Cart was just available today. At least, for me.

[quote name='chunlirocks']Ewwwww its wired.

How last millennium is that?

pass.
--[/QUOTE]

TE is also. I think all 360 sticks are

All sticks worth a damn on any console are. If you'd pass on a stick because it's wired then you probably shouldn't even be buying a stick in the first place.

So, are these sticks any good? I will *NOT* mod them i don't even want to know what that means. I will not do anything but play with them straight out of the box. So in that context, are they good? Sturdy? (Umm...that sounds dirty but I've got to ask.)

I do wish they had a more tapered design rather than that "ball" stick.

[quote name='Bunnz']All sticks worth a damn on any console are. If you'd pass on a stick because it's wired then you probably shouldn't even be buying a stick in the first place.[/QUOTE]

On top of that, I still want to know who these people are that sit 50 yards away from their TV and thus need wireless controllers. They were a gimick in '91, and they're a gimick now.

[quote name='Wolfpup']So, are these sticks any good? I will *NOT* mod them i don't even want to know what that means. I will not do anything but play with them straight out of the box. So in that context, are they good? Sturdy? (Umm...that sounds dirty but I've got to ask.)[/quote]
Many people have complained that the washer comes loose and damages the PCB, which will cause the stick to get stuck in a direction or not work at all. It's for this reason that people who don't wish to mod, skip it for the TE altogether. Otherwise, people just pick it up for modding since it's all quick connects and a solid box w/ great art.

[quote name='Import'] I ordered one as a just in case as I am tired of waiting, and plan to mod with sanwa parts.[/QUOTE]

I was lucky enough to snag one of these off Amazon (not the marketplace, so I didn't get price gouged) earlier this week and plan on modding with Sanwa parts as well.

Lick Lizard seems to be the place most people recommend, but they're back ordered to all hell on these parts. Either place your order now or look elsewhere to get them. I looked on eBay, but the selection is limited.

[quote name='Wolfpup']So, are these sticks any good? I will *NOT* mod them i don't even want to know what that means. I will not do anything but play with them straight out of the box. So in that context, are they good? Sturdy? (Umm...that sounds dirty but I've got to ask.)

I do wish they had a more tapered design rather than that "ball" stick.[/QUOTE]

I've heard they're good, but not great. Getting the TE or Hori stick with Sanwa parts are better choices if you're refusing to mod.

I know you said you don't want to mod, but...You can always mod the stick to a more tradtional NA arcade style stick. It's incredibly simple with these sticks.

[quote name='Wolfpup']On top of that, I still want to know who these people are that sit 50 yards away from their TV and thus need wireless controllers. They were a gimick in '91, and they're a gimick now.[/QUOTE]

I'm 10 feet away from my TV. So for the last 6 years or so I've had to buy cable extensions. On top of having to pay more, I'm stuck with even more cable laying around. I don't feel like rolling up the cables each time I'm done playing and it's a lot more convenient to just put the controller into my ottoman or on the side of the couch.

[quote name='Jodou']Many people have complained that the washer comes loose and damages the PCB, which will cause the stick to get stuck in a direction or not work at all. It's for this reason that people who don't wish to mod, skip it for the TE altogether. Otherwise, people just pick it up for modding since it's all quick connects and a solid box w/ great art.[/QUOTE]

Okay, thanks! That answers that question. Maybe I ought to get some TE sticks AND a fighting pad. Why the hey can't I just walk into Gamestop and buy this stuff :bomb:

This would be perfect to spend credit on!

[quote name='omyard']I'm 10 feet away from my TV. So for the last 6 years or so I've had to buy cable extensions. On top of having to pay more, I'm stuck with even more cable laying around. I don't feel like rolling up the cables each time I'm done playing and it's a lot more convenient to just put the controller into my ottoman or on the side of the couch.[/QUOTE]

Oh all right :) I suppose if you're really 10 feet away it would be harder. I'm not really sure how far I am, but I've never had issue with longer control pads (like the 360's wired pad, the PS2 pad, SNES pad, etc.)

I've always been annoyed by the super short pads though. The Gamecube was bad for some reason, Genesis I think was shorter if I'm remembering right, and the Turbographix was TERRIBLE. Like 2 feet long or something! :lol:

[quote name='Wolfpup']
On top of that, I still want to know who these people are that sit 50 yards away from their TV and thus need wireless controllers. They were a gimick in '91, and they're a gimick now.[/QUOTE]
I sit 5 feet away and I need wireless controllers. With all the fucking arcade sticks, drum sets, guitars, mics, keyboards, etc you have to buy to be able to play everything now, if they were not wireless it would look like a disaster area. Who cares if it's a "gimmick?" So is just about every other feature on a game console.

[quote name='silent h3ro']prob OOS
344.jpg
[/quote]
What does OOS mean?:???: Sorry for the dumb question..

[quote name='jimmytron']What does OOS mean?:???: Sorry for the dumb question..[/QUOTE]

Out Of Stock, I think.

[quote name='Jodou']Many people have complained that the washer comes loose and damages the PCB, which will cause the stick to get stuck in a direction or not work at all. It's for this reason that people who don't wish to mod, skip it for the TE altogether. Otherwise, people just pick it up for modding since it's all quick connects and a solid box w/ great art.[/QUOTE]

Well hopefully newer sticks don't have the washer part problems cause yeah Lizardlick is currently back ordered to hell lol.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I sit 5 feet away and I need wireless controllers. With all the fucking arcade sticks, drum sets, guitars, mics, keyboards, etc you have to buy to be able to play everything now, if they were not wireless it would look like a disaster area. Who cares if it's a "gimmick?" So is just about every other feature on a game console.[/quote]

the cord is like 4 meters. i personally like wired controllers, especially for something that is purchased for the sake of competition, its just more reliable.

[quote name='progman3']Wow.. they charge $40 for shipping to my area? :cry: I'll keep looking.[/quote]

folks in alaska and hawaii get no love.. which sucks because theres always deals I have to skip once I see its from buy.com

only online places that Ive got free shipping to hawaii are amazon, deepdiscount and rightstuf

I dunno if this really matters, but I just got email notification that my TE stick shipped from the Capcom store. Leads me to believe that there should be new stock available soon.

[quote name='gunstar808']I dunno if this really matters, but I just got email notification that my TE stick shipped from the Capcom store. Leads me to believe that there should be new stock available soon.[/QUOTE]

Yargh, everyone is getting these. I got my order in pretty early at the capcom store and haven't heard anything.

do not preorder from buy.com tjhey are rip offs! I paid out $120 to them for 3 akuma pads and never received them and were on process of shipping for 2 and half months!

I have to say this again. This joystick is a piece of JUNK. It's very cheaply made, and unless you plan to buy replacement buttons and a joystick that doesn't jam up regularly then don't waste your time. Also in order to make it work on PC like it's supposed to you may have to buy a USB card, as there is a known problem with compatibility with some USB ports that has yet to be fixed.

The makers of this thing should be incarcerated for crimes against humanity.

If you mod with parts from Lizardlick.com it is still cheaper then buying a TE stick outright, tho I agree with you that the general consesus is the stick is not great. If they fixed the washer problem on May+ future releases though then I can deal with a crappy stick for a few months till Lizardlick allows orders again.

I plan on buying the TE edition of MVC2 if it gets released this year.

If it's a washer issue then the stick is faulty. Contact madcatz for a replacement. The stick/buttons should hold out.

You people are making it sound like every SE is broken out of the box. I played with a couple stock models and know 4 people with them and none have probs. Is the TE better? Of course, it's also almost double the price. You get what you pay for, but a simple mod will make this almost identical to the TE for less $$. Plus, if your a lappie like me, it has a better lap feel. If you're a table topper, then the TE box is better.

That to. Madcatz warranties the products for 90 days and will fix it for free. There was reports on shoryuken that they will even fix known issues if you already modded it. Madcatz is going beyond their customer support for the people that have issues and I'm sure the newer shipments probably won't have washer issues. I just wish this country would force longer warranties on companies like Europe, because I know they have 2 or 3 year standard warranties on all products.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Temporarily Sold Out.
More inventory may be available. Place your order today and be one of the first to receive this product when it arrives!

They will receive more. It's a matter of when.

And whoops/off topic http://cgi.ebay.com/Hori-soul-valibur-IV-arcade-fight-stick-for-xbox-360_W0QQitemZ150341566558QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Accessories?hash=item150341566558&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A13|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50[/quote]

wtf dude, was that yours? who in their right mind puts the BIN as 30, lucky bastard

I'm in for 1, thanks OP.

(I'm going to mod the heck out of this thing, I really only want it for the case and the pcb. The joystick and buttons are coming out right away)

Nope not mine. Just doing searchs for completed auctions and that came up. Prices are coming way down on SE sticks it seems but don't know how long that will last. TE are still $220ish on average.

I bought this stick on release day for 80 and spent 45 on upgrade parts. Within 2 weeks (from shipping) I had a "tournament" stick - I even got an octogon gate for the joystick, which I find more helpful than the square.

The point of this post is that this stick is worth it if you are a casual player or if you are willing to upgrade your stick (swapping the parts is unbelievably easy too)

[quote name='Mindzeye82']I bought this stick on release day for 80 and spent 45 on upgrade parts. Within 2 weeks (from shipping) I had a "tournament" stick - I even got an octogon gate for the joystick, which I find more helpful than the square.

The point of this post is that this stick is worth it if you are a casual player or if you are willing to upgrade your stick (swapping the parts is unbelievably easy too)[/QUOTE]

Where did you get the parts and did you use a guide to change the gate? Also......$30 for that SC IV stick above is crazy cheap

I ordered this on April 26, and according to the buy.com, it is in the shipping process. So hopefully, it will be sent out in the next few days. It was listed as sent to warehouse for about a week. Looks like buy.com has it for $69.99 now with shipping. Guess that is a still a little cheaper than other websites. Glad I was able to get get it for $67.99.

on a related note, Lizard Lick shopping cart is suppose to be re-opening up today. So if you get a SE stick and are interested in modding it, it's the place to go to get the parts.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sanwa [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]OBSF-30 Pushbutton and [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sanwa [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] JLF-TP-8YT-SK Ball Handle Joystick, 4 & 8-Way Adjustable

are the 2 Sanwa ones you can buy. There are others that will fit though. check out the how to mod SE fightstick thread over at shoryuken for more info.

BTW Cart is UP NOW!! got my order in =)
[/FONT]

i just ordered one as well... i feel stupid though i never played an arcade before.. lmao XD i just wanted one >_< thanks dacool.

bread's done
Back